Anastasia

By JasmynTailor

When all hope was lost, He began to make all things new. - This is the story of Anastasia and Austin. Very u... More

Introducing Anastasia
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Nine
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Bonus Chapter

Twenty-Eight

649 51 39
By JasmynTailor

"L-is for the way you look at me,"

"O-is for the only one I see,"

"V-is very very extraordinary,"

"E-is even more than anyone that you adore,"

"And love is all that I can give to you, love is more than just a game for two,"

Austin wiggled his brows as Nat King Cole sang.

Anastasia rolled her eyes at her silly handsome fiancé.

"I want this one, chère. It just works for us, specially for the way you look at me," He lowered his voice, making Anastasia raise her brow.

"You're silly," She plucked his shoulder and smiled at him.

She loved the man.

Enough to marry him.

That was crazy.

Yet, it was the most exciting thing.

"But I do like the song,"

Austin beamed and poked her pretty cheek. "Hey, I like you, chère. You know that? I think you're about the most magnificent woman created, and you can quote me," He made a finger gun and shot her. "Let's send the song to Tiara,"

He was the sweetest.

And always true to himself.

"Okay," She whispered happily.

He made her so entirely happy.

Austin resituated himself on the couch, obviously to have a better view of his sweet chère, and placed his arm over her shoulder, squeezing it a bit.

"This evening, ma chère, your wicked will be signing the deal with Pure Records," He confessed casually, though he was actually really excited.

"Austin! You can't just say something so cooly, you wicked," Anastasia lightly tapped his hand. "I'm so happy for you,"

Her sweet smile tickled his heart.

It was annoying, but he loved the feeling because it was her.

"Yeah, yeah, chère," He smiled. "It'll help for sure, I get a signing bonus, you know, somethin to put toward being a party of two stead of one,"

He was ready to take on all the responsibilities of being Anastasia's husband.

It was a blessing to have that opportunity.

"You've got it all figured out, Mr. Landry," Anastasia praised softly. "You're amazing,"

Ooh Wee.

Austin's heart did that thing.

He loved her praise.

He adored her.

He placed a kiss on her cheek and whispered, "I love you, Anastasia,"

She swooned and rested her cheek on his chest.

His words were a balm.

He meant it.

He meant it enough to marry her and be her sweet friend forever.

It was such a blessing.

And she knew that this, their love, him, it would last past the engagement.

Her eyes filled with tears and her heart burned as something came over her.

"Hey," Austin whispered. "No more silent upsets, chère." He didn't like the reclusive upsets. He always wanted to hear from her. No matter what.

She laughed quietly. "I don't think I'm upset, Austin," She confessed. "I think I'm grateful, you know? I believe, no, I have enough confidence to admit that I know we'll make it past our engagement. We'll be married, and that's such a gift from God,"

The burning in her heart dwindled, but the tears remained.

For Austin, her words were like a shot in his heart.

He forgot that she'd lost a love. A fiancé.

Man.

"Oh, chère, I tell you, you do good with overcomin, it wasn't even in my mind that this, you know, is somethin that could've possibly not happened, I just figured it would," He took her hand and kissed it gently.

He could be more sensitive.

He lifted her head from his chest and wiped her precious tears. Seeing her eyes clouded with tears did something so unexplainable to him.

She was the most beautiful woman, teary-eyed, perfect, adorable, and sweet, but it still hurt to see it.

Even if they were happy tears. His heart couldn't tell the difference.

"I think the Lord's gonna do somethin real good for you, chère. From what I know, what I seen with Him, He don't let our traumas and pains be for nothin."

Ugh.

He was a real sucker.

The Lord was turning him into a soft-hearted man.

Tears stung his eyes, but he tried blinking them away.

Anastasia's soft eyes made it okay.

She didn't cringe at his tears.

Man, he loved the woman.

"I know I ain't everything, but I promise to do all I can to make this special for you. I don't want you to ever feel like you're just somebody. I don't want you to forget why you married me. Lord knows, I want you to always feel like my sweet chère. You're number one to me, I'm makin it my mission, my first goal, to never let you forget."

His tenderness brought an overflow of tears. The promise he spoke. She knew he would uphold it. This was her reality. Her love. The man who made her vow seem like a suggestion.

Her tears fell on his shirt. He was an expert at making her cry the loveliest tears. "You are everything, and so much more," She whispered, feeling so loved, and so in love. "I love you, Austin. I do, so so much," Her lips trembled.

And the sight of his tears let her know that he truly was the right one.

"Thank you so much for being who you are,"

Austin stopped blinking and just let his tears fall.

Anastasia knew how to get at him.

This is why he fell in love with her.

She just saw him as he was and didn't ask him to be someone else.

He pulled her into his arms and held her tight. "And love is all that I can give to you. Love is more than just a game for two. Two in love can make it. Take my heart but please don't break it. Love was made for me and you," He sang, a vow, and rocked his sweet, sweet chère in his arms.

More tears fell between the pair, and it was right.

Love was all they gave, and it was all they wanted.

What a sweet something.

-

There was a God who saw her.

Anastasia couldn't dare to deny it.

He was so much bigger than she understood.

Somehow, He made everything new.

He said He would.

And now she knew that His Word really was true.

Everything was new.

She couldn't wrap her mind around that, but when she looked around, there was no need to.

God put it all out for her to see.

To taste and see that the Lord is good!

To taste and see that the Lord would never ever leave her wounded and brokenhearted.

Instead, He blessed her with the greatest man.

She would shout it on her balcony, Austin was wonderful.

He was a better man than Benjamin.

His life wasn't rainbows and butterflies, but he loved the Lord.

He didn't see himself as much, but he was precious in the sight of God and her.

He had a pure heart.

She adored the man.

She was amazed by him.

He was proof that nothing else mattered but a heart after God.

Growing up the way he did, seeing what he saw, and still being a gentleman, the finest gentleman, who lacked some manners, she'd ever met.

He was truly loving and kind.

He was thoughtful and gentle.

He treated her like a delicacy and promised to love her.

She lowered her eyes and twisted her hands together.

"What have I done to deserve this?"

What had she done to be loved and cared for the way Austin did?

No one ever cared for her the way he did.

He only knew her for a moment, but came after her to make sure she was well.

He protected her from the perverted hands of a cruel man.

And he bought her ice cream, though she had more than enough to pay for her own.

He even taught her to play Uno.

Everything he did blessed her.

As she reflected, there was no way, not a chance, that she wouldn't have loved him.

There was a God who saw her.

"Thank You. I don't have much more to say, I wish there was another word to capture the way I feel, the gratitude so deeply rooted in my heart," She was in awe.

The Lord saw her.

Who was she that He was mindful of her?

Why did her cries reach His ears?

Why did the unspoken, locked-away desires reach Him?

Why did He fulfill her longings?

She melted in tears.

Happy tears.

The happiest.

God wanted her to be happy.

God wanted her to have a new life.

New.

He didn't want her to be stuck in yesterday's heartache.

And once again, she was thankful for the walk.

Her soul, and everything in her, magnified the Lord.

This was His handiwork alone.

It wasn't easy to get here.

It wasn't delightful most days.

But she could look back at her time with Benjamin, the loss of Benjamin, and the days after without feeling hopeless.

God didn't want her life to end there. He didn't her heart to be shut off from loving another.

He made His intentions known and walked her to healing, restoring hope, redemption, and sweet, sweet, sweet love.

And now, she was getting married.

She was speechless, but God heard the gratitude that sang from the depths of her heart.

-

December 9, 2023.

It was set in stone.

Anastasia was pleased and eager. Austin was wiggling his brows like a, well, himself.

And the wedding planner had everything together.

Amadeus and Diana were paying her to alleviate any stress or anxiety Anastasia or their newly favored future Son-in-Law would have.

"How did it go? Won't you tell me? I don't like the suspense, you wicked," Anastasia shook Austin's arm gently. "It must've gone well, you wouldn't have let me share first, Mother insisted that I informed you immediately of the development in wedding plans, but still," She was rambling, but it was okay.

Austin just smiled. "You're cute, ma chère. I just want to let this wedding news settle first,"

He was marrying Anastasia in a few weeks.

Something simple.

They'd say, "I do," and he'd sweep her away as Mrs. Anastasia Landry.

Ooh Wee!

A settled date made it more real for him.

"Well, I figure, marrying in December oughta gimme time to do some recordin, I ain't lookin to drag my feet with this deal, chère. I'll record the single, then the-Oof!" He chuckled as Anastasia squeezed him tightly.

She was a squeezer.

Ugh.

He loved how affectionate she was.

He ate it up like a lemon pound cake.

"You absolute wicked! You just had to be Austin and share it that way," She was over the moon. "Tell me more!"

He loved her excitement.

His pretty posh cheerleader.

My, my.

"Well, chère, I prayed before I went in. I didn't want dollar signs to make me sign, you know? I mean, it would help, I want you to have everything you want, but I don't want to sell myself blindly." He explained while stroking her hair.

This was his life.

Stroking the beautiful locs of his lovely fiancée.

Man.

"I already have everything. You, Austin, but continue," She interjected softly, making him roll his eyes.

Somehow God gave him the most content woman as well.

This made the desire to give her everything triple.

"Anyway," He said exasperatedly, earning a giggle. "My lawyer had read up the contract, made sure I knew what I was getting into, and I was for it. So I went in, signed the contract, and came out with a pretty hefty bonus," He clicked his tongue for emphasis. "You remember, you got to, that's how come we're sitting all cozy, when I got out of my tour, I had to pay a big amount. Well, the Lord's real good, I can't even believe it, but I uh got about double what I had to pay,"

Anastasia sat up and turned to him. "No way! Oh, that's incredible! God makes me so happy," She patted his handsome face. "You deserve it. You're such a gem, a handsome, kind, good, gentle, and faithful gem." She kissed him softly and returned to her favorite spot.

Cozied up under his arm, snuggled beside him.

He wouldn't be Austin without his heart doing the thing.

"Thank you, chère. It'll go to gettin you what you want. That, uh, I remember you said a old firehouse to live in," He noted.

Anything for Anastasia.

"Austin, you don't have to do that. I appreciate everything you do and have done already," She wouldn't have that.

It seemed like Austin was always trying to prove himself.

She didn't like that.

"But I want you to have what you want." He said firmly.

Anastasia sat up and pulled away for him to see and hear her clearly. "Austin, let's talk about this now. I don't want you to assume anything about me. I want you to know."

"Okay, chère. What do you want? I know you want a simple wedding. I know you want a comfortable man. But you've had all you wanted growin up and I don't want you to miss with me." He admitted, hoping she'd get it.

And she did.

It made sense.

Austin felt like he had to give her everything because she didn't lack growing up. He felt like she was marrying down.

He didn't have to say it that way for her to understand.

"I'm glad we're talking about this now. I don't want false pretenses following us." She started with a soft smile that knocked the wind out of Austin's chest. Everything she did knocked the wind out of his chest. He was weak.

"When I say that I have everything with you, I mean it. It may not seem that way to you, but truly, I've had everything. My parents were indulgent in the best way, so I wanted for nothing, material-wise." She explained and Austin nodded.

"When I met you, I already understood that life was more than material things, but you pushed that without knowing. You enjoyed the simple things. You liked going to the park and talking. You liked eating ice cream and saying silly things. You sucked your teeth and swished water to clean your mouth and drank it. You sat through My Fair Lady with me. You remembered me before we even met." Her eyes narrowed in the sweetest way as she beheld the man who loved her.

"I, you make me so nervous sometimes," She giggled anxiously.

Professing love from the depths of her heart wasn't easy.

"I love you, chère, you don't gotta be nervous with me."

Fond. Fond. Fond.

"I love you because you embody everything I wouldn't dare to pray for. I said it before, and it's so true, you have a pure heart. And so, I fell in love with you because you never once strived. You didn't try to be someone else. You didn't try to take me on a magic carpet ride to give me superficial things. You gave me yourself, and if tomorrow, or the day after our wedding, you lose everything, if I lose everything, but we still have each other, I will be the happiest woman,"

Oh.

Man.

Austin was silenced.

Here he was trying to give the world and all its treasures to Anastasia, however he could, and she figured him to be greater than them all.

What kind of love was this?

"Anastasia," He finally found words.

But nothing else was coming out.

His mouth was dry.

His heart was pounding.

His mind was scattered and calm.

There was a love tornado brewing inside the man.

So he took her by the hand, gently kissing her palm, and placed her kissed palm on his heart.

She jumped at the soft pounding beneath her.

"Wow," She whispered, a smile dancing on her lips.

He nodded. "I love you." He whispered back before lifting her chin and kissing her.

Their hearts were lulled by the potency of their love.

How sweet it is.

-

Author's Note

Did I mention that I love this story?🥹

Austin and Anastasia, you make my heart do things that are just so so special!🥰

Finally, I'm back again. No more week long obligations that make me so tired that I can't even write!🫨

I prayed and hoped for a sweet lovey chapter and God provided! Can I get an amen? I'll give myself one! Amen!🙌🏽

We're coming to an end! Noooo! But the ending will be sweet, it's my prayer.

Everything is coming together for Anastasia and Austin. It makes me so so happy! 🥹😭

What's next? What did you think? And how will it end?😌

I will see you all again this week!

Bye!👋🏽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 199 41
"I'm gonna give you butterflies. I'm gonna let you feel every part of my body and I'm gonna feel every part of yours. Every single inch you want me t...
331K 18.1K 67
Be careful what you wish for you just might get it! Don't be alarmed. Don't be afraid. It doesn't have to go the wrong way. In April's case God gave...
204K 9.7K 36
This is the story of a colored young woman and an older white man who discovers the faults in their hearts and finds love in all the wrong places. Or...
31.3K 2.2K 31
Falling in love with Jesus was the best thing he'd ever done. And then he was gifted Bliss. - This is the story of a firefighter and a ballerina with...