Something in the water (bbang...

By LOONATICYYXY

Wherein Minji and Hanni are enemies, hate each other's guts and rivals, racing to the top to be the best swim... More

Chapter 1: Smart water
Chapter 2: broken clock
Chapter 3: Feelings
Chapter 4: As you experience this feeling of alignment and therefore worthiness
Chapter 5: Utter words of fondness
Chapter 6: Ease up
Chapter 8: Just like me
Chapter 9: How to say
Chapter 10: Miles and closure
Chapter 11: Girls need love
Chapter 12: Stick with me
Chapter 13: There's only one way to you
Chapter 14: You-Me
Chapter 15: Mesmerized
Chapter 16: I love you
Chapter 17: I think of you
Chapter 18: Curved
Chapter 19: Proud
Chapter 20: Medallion
Chapter 21: Hi, bye, you, me
Chapter 22: I want you around
Chapter 23: Your best
Chapter 24: Miles
Chapter 25: A calm wave called you

Chapter 7: 7

680 49 8
By LOONATICYYXY

Author's Notes: Alright either it's the calm before the storm or do we want one more fluff of a chapter before it all goes📉 ?

--------

Hanni tugs her AirPod from her ear, fumbling with the items in her hand.

Quickly, she sorts her stuff out, looking up at the person who tried to get her attention. "Yes? How may I help you?" She grins brightly.

The old lady points to a huge building, "Do you know how to get to that building?" She asks gently.

Hanni moves her bangs from her face so she's able to see better. "Yes, I do. If you keep walking straight then take a left on the third road, there's a bus stop with signs. One of them reads the area you're going to." She explains to the lady, using her hand to direct.

The old lady nods, smiling as everything clicks in her head. "Ah, I see. Thank you very much! I've been trying to get directions for a while now but people these days are always in a rush and too busy just to answer a quick question."

The brunette's lips press into an apologetic thin line. "I'm sorry you had to wait too long. I hope you're able to get to your location alright. Unfortunately, I have to get going or I'm going to be late for practice." She bows her head, the lady nodding and smiling in understanding.

Hanni places her AirPods back in her ears, stuffing her case back into her pocket. She starts walking toward her direction, the cool breeze hitting her cheeks in a subdued manner. She thinks her day started off nicely.

She hopes the old lady has a nice day too.

--------

Lying isn't one of Hanni strongest feats.

So saying she isn't jealous would be an understatement. And right, she definitely isn't making Jay do more reps of butterflies than everyone else. She's just making sure he gets used to how hard training sessions under Hanni are.

"Do I really have to do this many reps? I can barely breathe!" Jay looks up at Hanni, who crosses her arms and watches everyone else do their's.

The brunette only nods in response.

Jay gawks. "But don't you also have to do them? Why do you get to watch us suffer?" He frowns, the brunette finding it hard not to laugh.

Hikaru walks past the two, wiping water from her face and removing her googles. "Oh, trust me, Hanni does more reps than all of our's combined after practice."

The boy groans in defeat, turning around to finish his reps along with his teammates.

The rest slowly begin to finish, walking past Hanni and snickering as the brunette keeps reminding the boy not to stop in between his reps. The brunette is giving him her usual strictness, with a bit more.

"Jay, you can stop." She hears a familiar voice instruct.

Hanni's head jerks to the right, seeing Minji approach her. "What do you think you're doing?" The brunette glares at the other girl.

Jay finishes his last rep, pulling himself to stop at the beginning walk of the pool. He removes his goggles, breathing hard as he wipes his face of water.

The raven frowns. "Don't you think he's done enough? Everyone else is done except him."

Hanni scoffs. "That's because he's been stopping in between, which means his endurance isn't up where it should be." The brunette responds sternly.

At that, Minji goes silent.

Hanni lets out a breath before walking over to her teammates. "You all are free to go. Get some rest, it's been a long day." She reaches in her bag, pulling out her swim cap and googles. Quickly, she puts them on before stretching her arms.

Turning her head, she sees Jay talking to Minji, again. Snorting in amuse, she walks over to the edge of the pool. Slowly, she enters the pool, letting the cold waters engulf her. It takes a moment to adjust to the water, but soon her body is calm.

Minji notices her waiting in the pool and pushes by Jay. "Are you ready?" The raven asks.

Hanni nods.

Beside Minji, Jay bites his cheek. "What's going on?"

The raven rolls her eyes before turning to face the boy. "On certain days, I run Hanni's practices separately when she has to take over practices none of the coaches can cover due to meetings." She explains quickly.

Jay lets out a little 'oh' before pursing his lips. "I guess I'll see you later?" He has the look of hopefulness.

Minji simply shrugs, turning back to Hanni. "Warm up with butterfly strokes, don't exhaust yourself yet." The raven instructs sternly, Hanni nodding in understanding.

The brunette smiles at the boy glaring at her before beginning her warm up.

----------

After Hanni's done with her session, she groans at her sore muscles. Minji could get strict with her instructions sometimes. The only difference, this time, is that they aren't throwing jabs at each other every second and Minji is actually patient with the brunette.

Minji helps her with the things she struggles with, as overall, the raven's techniques are one others dream to replicate.

The brunette dabs her body with the towel, tired from another hard day of practice. She groans as she stretches, thoughts of taking a nice shower and going to sleep reaches her mind. Her shirt and sweatpants are thrown on like always, her goggles and swim cap stuffing into her locker.

Her tired body drags itself through the bathroom and out into the hallways. Freezing cold air almost catches her off guard as she feels a blast against her face.

Truthfully, her mind is cleared.

Swim really seems to help her unwind and loosen up from any early events. Now, she can't find it in her to hate Jay.

Still, there is a small part of her growing that makes Hanni want to make despise Jay. But truthfully, she has no right because Minji probably doesn't even like her. She'd probably tear the little rope holding their growing little friendship together if she ever admitted she was jealous.

As she's walking to find the exit, Hanni hears footsteps growing behind her. Quickly turning around, she almost bumps into Jay.

"What the hell?" Hanni screams but the boy motions to be quiet.

"Be quiet???" Jay tells her. He wraps his arm around the brunette and gets them walking again.

Hanni catches a whiff of his strong cologne mixed with the wet smell of chlorine from his hair. She grimaces, groaning when she realizes how strong Jay's grip is.

Looking at the boy, she reaches for his arm and plucks it off her with a bit of strength. "What do you want? Why does everyone think they can just pop up and scare me?"

Jay rolls his eyes. "I did not scare you that bad. Look, I just need to ask for a favor."

Hanni continues walking, leaving the boy stumbling behind. After a few seconds, the boy catches up, following her outside.

"Come on. I need help asking Minji out. You seem to know a lot about to her." Jay pleads.

Stopping in her tracks, the brunette finally faces the boy. "Why would I know a lot about her? If you didn't know, we used to hate each other?" Hanni emphasizes her words.

Jay scratches his head. "I don't know, you two look close." He responds blankly.

Closing her eyes and breathing out slowly, Hanni fights the urge to continue to walk. "Jay, do you even like her?" She opens her eyes and looks at him.

The boy nods frantically.

Her heart cracks a little. "Alright. But I can't help you. If you really like her, you need to be genuine with whatever you're planning to do. It has to be from you." Hanni whispers.

Jay opens and closes his mouth in understanding. "You're right..... Thanks, Han." He smiles.

"Do not ever call me that." She flicks her middle finger before walking away.

Jay looks down, before lifting his head and watching the girl continue on her way. "Alright, cap."

--------

[Liz]: guys guys guys

[Wonyoung]: if you've come tell us about how you managed to dump water on me and Jinni in our dorm, I really don't want to hear it

[Danielle]: she did what😭😭😭

[Liz]: I wasn't but now that you remind me

[Jinni]: nobody gaf we want to know why Jay was walking with Hanni

[Hikaru]: oh?

[Hanni]: don't even start

[Hanni]: he wouldn't leave me alone because apparently he likes Minji and he wanted me to help him plan something

[Hanni]: I told him no because why would I help him plan something about a girl I used to hate

[Hanni]: That just ruined my day

[Hanni]: He's so annoying

[Hikaru]: Han.... do you like Jay...

[Danielle]: that's the most hilarious thing I've ever heard

[Danielle]: how did you get that from all she said😭😭

[Liz]: obviously she hates him

[Wonyoung]: wait but Jay's only been here for like a few weeks how do you already hate him Hanni? He's chill

[Jinni]: OH. MY. GOSH.

[Jinni]: U LIKE MINJI

[Liz]: NO FUCKING WAY😭😭😭😭

[Wonyoung]: notice how she's not replying ooh we've got the tea

[Hanni]: I don't like her and I'll never will lol

[Danielle]: I know a jealous Hanni when I see one

[Liz]: I thought she was just saying things when she admitted to liking Minji to her while on the bus

[Hanni]: i did WHAT?

[Liz]: You kept saying my name thinking I was your seat mate but I was in the seat behind you guys with Sullyoon. You had your head all up in Minji's hair it was disgustingly cute😭, she kept preventing your head from jerking

[Hanni]: and she heard EVERYTHING????

[Liz]: Yes💀

[Liz]: we also got a few pictures of you snoring lol

---------

[Danielle]: Han

[Hanni]: what

[Danielle]: you know you can talk to me right

[Danielle]: I'm your best friend. We should be comfortable with each other

[Danielle]: if you actually like Minjj, it's fine but you need to realize that you'll eventually have to tell her before it's too late.

[Danielle]: you're so selfless and it scares me sometimes that you would rather allow yourself to get hurt than admit it.

[Hanni]: Dani

[Danielle]: I know I know I'm just saying keep it in mind

[Danielle]: come to my room btw, I bought food

[Hanni]: alright

--------

"You know, people need to start believing when I say you're a softie on the inside." Danielle says all of the sudden.

Hanni kicks her leg, earning a groan from the younger girl. "Shut up."

The two sat cuddled on the couch, watching some random movie Hanni can't seem to stomach watching. She isn't sure how the younger girl seems to like horror movies.

"Make space!!!" They hear Jinni yells from behind them.

The next thing the two knows, Jinni is sprawled out on top of them, both of them groaning in pain. They push the girl off their laps, sticking out their tongues at the girl on the ground clutching her back.

Jinni stands up, finding space next to Hannj and curls up against the brunette. "Danielle, isn't this like the 5th time you've watched this movie?"

Danielle flaps her hand at Jinni, motioning for the girl to shut up. "The plot is good." She responds, not taking her eyes off the tv.

Hanni, in the middle of them, frowns. "Guys. What happens if I actually like Minji?" She blurts.

The tv is immediately paused.

The other two girls face her. "That's great, then? The tension between you two got too much sometimes." Jinni responds.

Danielle takes time to think of what to say. As if the girl wants to choose her words carefully. After a while, Danielle sighs. "You know there's nothing wrong with liking her, or liking anybody. It's just part of how life works."

Jinni nods in agreement. "Right. It's better to admit it rather than to ignore it because it can lead to more of a mess you won't be able to sort out later." Jinni adds.

The brunette listens while staring at the tv blankly. With her knees tucked in, she takes her friends words all in while thinking about what it would be like to hold Minji's hands.

Yeah, she might be in deep because she's really not listening to either of them.

Danielle waves her hand over the brunette's face. "Hanni. Hey, hey."

Hanni shakes her head, turning to face Danielle. "Yeah? Yeah, sorry about that." She apologizes.

Jinni and Danielle giggle. "Wow, you really do like her." They both say at the same time.

Slouching back more into the couch, Hanni stuffs her face into the pillow to scream.

---------

The rest of her day flies by, Hanni drowning in her studies once again like usual. She gets good grades but computer science is a pain sometimes. Fortunately for her, she enjoys the subject and is good with match, which makes taking it in college a lot more pliable.

Still doesn't mean it's not a pain in the ass sometimes.

It takes a good 1 or two hours to finish her assignments for the day, humming to the very tunes she loves the most. One way or another, Minji is still in the corner of her mind. She hates how the pretty girl gets her in trouble sometimes, taking up her thoughts that she ends up accidentally scribbling the wrong thing into her notes. With black ballpoint ink. She's had to restart papers multiple times.

At this point, she really needs to learn to start paying attention more because the assignments aren't difficult but distractions come quite easily to her. Which led to deadlines nearly being overlooked.

Rubbing at her tired eyes, she finally shuts off her laptop and closes her notebook, body begging for sleep. She stands up from her bed, opting to visiting Danielle's dorm simply because she doesn't think she wants to sleep in her own bed this time around.

Her other best friend always lets her in with open arms for whatever reason Hanni concludes at the end of the day. The older aussie makes sure to shoot her a text and quickly, she receives a message asking for her to bring her own blanket this time. (She can't help hogging the covers when they keep her warm and smell nice.)

She takes a shower, changes into her PJ's, eats a quick meal knowing Danielle will scold her if she's caught skipping another meal.

The blanket that she tugs from her closet is (truth and behold) Danielle's and a grin doesn't leave her lips when she opens the door to the younger aussie girl's dorm room with the key she was given.

Danielle doesn't even greet her, sleepily pulling the older against her body and shutting the lights off. Mumbles of 'go to sleep' echo through the younger aussie girl's room.

-------
Author's Notes:
alright listen this is basically a little bit of Hanni getting jealous and figuring out that Minji heard her little sleepy confession, I promise next chapter is just going to be them both alright trust me you'll love it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 40.4K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
8.8K 257 22
"Business mogul, Sooyoung Ha, found dead in her New York apartment last Tuesday, January 12th." ร— ha sooyoung and kim jiwoo
133K 6K 35
โWhere there's music there can be love.โž Ah Rin is an underground rapper going by the name Silver. If one word must be used to describe Silver, it...