Intertwined

By SiriuslySoha

Sneha is doing arrange marriage with Kabir, the elder son of Chauhans, but something about Mahir, the mysteri... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1 : The Kashyaps & The Chauhans
Chapter 2 : Meet (not so) Cute
Chapter 4 : The Unmistakable Pull
Chapter 5 : The Growing Tension
Chapter 6 : Hostage Of Those Eyes
Chapter 7 : The Touch That Melts
Chapter 8 : Why ?
Chapter 9 : You Won't Understand
Chapter 10 : I Don't Believe You
Chapter 11 : Toe-curling
Chapter 12 : The Silent Banter and Ready To Be Ruined
Chapter 13 : Who Is She ?
Chapter 14 : Jealousy Jealousy
Chapter 15 : You Wouldn't Want To Know
Chapter 16 : The Possession Over Each Other
Chapter 17 : Just A Moment Of Passion (?)
Chapter 18 : Perfect Partners
Chapter 19 : Tug Of War
Chapter 20 : The Time For Talk Has Passed
Chapter 21 : After All This Time ? - I
Chapter 22 : After All This Time ? - II
Chapter 23 : Always
Chapter 24 : Mahir's Sneha
Author's Offer
Chapter 25 : Your Highness
Chapter 26 : His Definition Of Love
Chapter 27 : Let's Get Married
Chapter 28 : Memorable Measurements
Chapter 29 : A Vision So Beautiful
New Story Announcement

Chapter 3 : Curiosity Killed The Cat

1.2K 145 30
By SiriuslySoha

The next morning, Sneha was up early. She had failed to return to sleep after her encounter with Mahir. She kept tossing and turning in bed, changing positions while thinking about her childhood friend.

But was the guy she met last night the same from her childhood ?

That was the thought which had her disturbed. Sure he used to fight with her, but he was never rude. Infact, Mahir always took care of her, used to fight with Kabir to play with her and if by chance, she played with Kabir, Mahir used to be angry with her for days. Until the Chauhans were in Pune, all the children went to the same school. Mahir always carried her bag for her. He was a grumpy and moody kid who didn't like sharing his things but he always shared his lunch with her, only her.

Then what happened that he changed so much ?

Last night she saw something strange in his eyes. There were complains, there was anger, there was arrogance, but something more which she couldn't pinpoint. Something intense and far more dangerous than his warning.

“...beta... Sneha!”

She startled, her train of thoughts breaking. The entire family was gathered at the breakfast table and every head was turned towards her at the moment, looking concerned. Blood rushed to her face at being the center of attention, also, she didn't know what had been said.

“Sorry... I got lost for a moment...” - she said sheepishly.

Kaya frowned. “You are awfully quiet dear, is everything okay ?”

Again, every eye was on her awaiting an answer. She smiled as assuringly as she could and nodded. “I am fine. Actually, was unable to get a proper sleep last night that's all...”

“Sometimes it happens due to change of atmosphere.” - Anushka said, nodding understandingly. “Eat something beta, you'll feel better.”

“I'm not feeling like it Anu Chachi. Maybe a bath would do me better.” - Sneha excused, already standing up.

They all smiled understandingly and Sneha made her way towards the stairs.

“It's okay Mohit, change of weather and place does that. Also, girls get a little nervous as their wedding nears...”

Sneha heard her mother assuring her father.

“Raviii! I have asked you thrice to call Mahir down on breakfast! Where's he ?”

Sneha stilled at the middle of the staircase. Her sense of hearing sharpening.

“Mahir baba had left for jogging around 6 madam. I forgot to inform you.”

“And it's 8 now. What kind of jogging it is ? And what's wrong with this guy lately ? He is spending more time outside then inside the house. It's his brother's wedding and he is acting so irrelevant like a distant cousin is getting married!” - Kaya's words were expressing annoyance but her tone was laced with worry for her stubborn son. “Didi, you have to talk to him. He only listens to you.” - she pleaded to Mandira.

“Don't worry Kayaaa.. I will...”

Sneha zoned out while resuming ascending the stairs. Her feet automatically stopped outside Mahir's room as she came into the hallway.

Don't do it.

Her brain warned. But she decided to ignore it and pulled at the doorknob. Only, it didn't open like last night. Apparently locked.

“Mahir baba is out on jog madam.” - Her head whipped to her right to see a servant mopping the corridor. “The room remains locked in his absence.”

Why ? Did he have his hands on Croesus' treasure which he was hiding from everyone ? Or was he making nuclear formula and didn't want anyone to know ?

Those were the thoughts running through Sneha's mind in annoyance as she really wanted to go inside. Then suddenly, an idea struck her.

“I want the duplicate key of the room.” - she demanded from the servant, shocking him.

“But madam-”

“Now.” - she cut him off authoritatively.

He stared at her for a moment in nervousness before nodding his head and headed downstairs. It took him two minutes to return and her face lit up when he handed over the key to her. The servant was sweating profusely, dread visible on his face as she inserted the key in the lock.

“Don't worry. You won't get into trouble. I promise.” - she assured.

He looked unconvinced but went to resume his work nonetheless. Pulling the doorknob, she walked inside the room. A smile came on her face as she took in the interiors. Last night, she had not been able to because the devil himself had her on chokehold.

Mahir's room screamed Mahir from every corner. It was a black dominant space with subtle grays here and there. A king-size gray bed at the centre with black velvety sheets. A book shelf to the left with another shelf beside it full of awards, medals and certificates. Smiling, she moved towards it, a sense of pride rising in her at his achievements. He was always ahead of her and Kabir in academics. And she felt elated that it continued even after growing up.

Beside the shelf, there was his study table. A mug over it having different pens and she chuckled at the letter ‘M’ on it. So he is still into customed accessories. There was also a laptop on the table, its shining black surface winking at her.

She bit her lip.

Her brain already started giving signals of ‘don't you dare’ and the voice suspiciously resembled her mother's. She peeked over her shoulder at the door again, then looked to her left and right.

The path was clear.

‘For the love of God woman, STOP!’ - her inner voice screamed as she lifted the lid open. The pressure on her lip increased in guilt, but she proceeded further and pressed the power button.

Until the screen blurred and demanded password.

‘Ha! Serves you right for trying to breach someone's privacy!’ - her brain taunted, doing a victory dance as she groaned.

Frowning heavily, she focused on the screen and realized the password required was of 5 letters.

“Can it be... Mahir ?” - she wondered aloud and typed his name before pressing enter.

Incorrect password!

She tched, getting impatient as the screen alerted her of the remaining two chances.

“Kabir... ?” - she pondered over the possibility, as the two brothers were really close. At least, they used to be as far as she remembered from their childhood.

She entered and got the ‘Incorrect password!’ warning again along with the caution that she had the last chance to insert correct password else the device will be locked.

In other words, death.

Because Mahir would definitely get to know if his device would get locked. And she didn't want that at all. So giving up, she powered off the laptop and closed the lid again. Every fiber of her body — that she didn't know was on edge — relaxed as she moved away from the table.

And came face to face with his portrait on the wall.

Her breath hitched. It looked like the photo had been taken in the room itself because he was leaned against a black wall, wearing a stylish black denim jacket over black jeans. His left hand was placed in the pocket of his jacket. She couldn't be sure of the right because the photo was taken from the side, covering his left profile. His heavy black boots clad feet were crossed in style as he looked at the camera.

And what a look it was.

He was not smiling, oh not at all. He was as arrogant as last night, his eyes holding the same intensity and his body language screamed superiority. Dominancy. And there was a hint of smirk playing at his lips as if he knew it as well.

“Curious little Sneha, since childhood till eternity.”

Her heart dropped to her stomach. Even if she had not seen his reflection in the portrait, she had already recognized that silky voice which was echoing in her head since last night.

‘I told you so.’ - her brain whispered, taking its imaginary steps back and making a run.

Gulping, she slowly turned around and found Mahir stood at the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

494K 24.8K 46
NALINI - I believe in Love but I don't believe in sacrificing myself for it's sake. My marriage is a promise, a duty I have to fulfil as my Father's...
6.2M 134K 52
π•πˆπ•πˆπ„πππ„ π–π‡πˆπ“π‹πŽπ‚πŠ - all her hopes and dreams of running away from the luxurious lifestyle with her boyfriend are ruined when she fin...
366K 21.6K 56
"Vivaah Sampan Hua" Siddharth Nigam, a popular bachelor business man, mafia king is tied in a sacred bond called marriage with a hot, cute girl named...
1.9M 100K 57
Rehan's mother is a typical Indian mother, who wants to get her son married before he turns 28. And also she doesn't want him to marry his cunning au...