This Cinderella is a Player

By StorySpinner

Tiana moves to a new town with her wicked step-mother and evil step-sister Harriet. Call it a modern Cinderel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Interview of "This Cinderella is a Player" characters!
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Tiana tells How to Hook a Guy
Tiana Tells How to Hook a Guy (Continued)

Chapter 17

203K 2.4K 542
By StorySpinner

                                                                                 Chapter 17

                                                                                    *Tiana*

Sneaking out was always so much fun. After a long day at school I was looking forward to the date with Zack. Wednesday had come rather slowly but finally it had. I could just let my hair down and have fun. Being around Zack was always so much fun he knew how to make me laugh. He was sweet and caring unlike some people. And by some people I mean Blaze. That guy seriously had the heart of a snake. He didn’t even have the decency to apologize to us girls. All the other boys had already asked for forgiveness and were forgiven because we had played some pranks on them as well. So in some twisted way it was equal. Blaze was truly one arrogant male. It didn’t matter to me much though because I was one stubborn girl. I wouldn’t have dreamt of talking to him before he came crawling on his knees asking for forgiveness.

It was hard to ignore such a good looking guy; so, a lot of girls had already crumbled in front of his charm. I wasn’t going to do that. I checked the time and it was already 9:30pm so that have just about half an hour to get ready. I had called Zack late for the dinner date because I wasn’t possible for me to sneak out before 10pm. Marylyn and Harriet slept like logs and no alarm in the entire world could wake them up easily. So, that always made sneaking out easy.

I put on skinny jeans and a white flowing empire line spaghetti top paired with white pumps. Sound of a blowing horn invaded my room just as I applied some mascara and gloss. I had to have a talk with Zack about that. He always started honking like there was no tomorrow as soon as he reached my house.

 I picked up the white tote bag from my bed and dashed out of my window thankful for the fact my room was on the ground floor. I ran to Zack’s car as he continued to blow his car’s horn loudly. Why did he always do that? I banged on his window. He looked at me startled by my banging.

“Woah! What’s up with the banging?” he asked taking in a deep breath.

Funny he should ask me about the banging when he was the one blowing his car’s horn threatening to wake up my entire neighbourhood. I looked at him with narrowed eyes.

“You ask me this when you were honking so loudly?”

He grinned sheepishly making me smile back at him. Really it was impossible to be mad at such a sweet guy. I sat down in his car and said, “Please don’t do that again.”

“I don’t get it Tee…Why do you have a problem with me knocking on your door,” he said puzzled.

I sighed. How could I explain to him that my step mother was a monster? She wasn’t actually a monster but well with that behaviour she could easily be one. My hands and arms were still aching from all the cleaning she had made me so. And no, she didn’t stop at that; she had made me to the entire laundry too bed sheets, pillow covers and table covers were included in this.

“Ah…well my mother doesn’t like the idea of me dating,” I fibbed.

“But you are almost going to turn seventeen!” he exclaimed.

“Yeah…I know. Ummm she is very religious and orthodox,” I concentrated on my nails.

“That is weird…I don’t mean that your mum is weird…it’s just that—“

“I can completely understand…it’s all right,” I smiled. We had to deviate from this topic so I said, “Where are we going?”

He grinned, “Wait and watch.”

***

                                                                                   +Blaze+

Vivienne was going to was going to be mad at me. She hated it whenever I was late which is always. To my defence do try to come on time but somehow something pops up and I get late. This time it was a game of basket ball I was playing with my friends.

I saw her sitting by the water fountain; and apparently she was typing furiously on her cell phone. I also knew that message would have been directed at me. It was useless though as I rarely read the messages I got on phone and I don’t like sending texting back as well. What’s the point of it when you can straight away call the person instead of typing a tediously long message? My phone vibrated proving me right.

I smiled at two girls who looked interested in me and walked towards Vivienne. She looked as good as she did when I had last seen her. She kept the paper coke glass on the floor and got up frowning.

“It’s useless to expect you to come on time…isn’t it?” she snapped tucking her midnight black hair behind her ear as her brown eyes flashed at me.

My attention wasn’t on her as I was looking at the blonde who had just passed by after winking at me. Obviously I was busy waving at that girl. I didn’t remember her name but I guess I had seen her at Zack’s party once.

“Are you even listening?” she pulled down angrily at my shirt.

I had seriously blanked out for a second because whenever someone is mad at me I tend to do that. What’s the point of listening to an angry girl scream? She couldn’t scream really even if she wanted to because we were at the mall. It’s sad that even so many years Vivienne hadn’t figured me out.

“Yeah…oh cool down girl,” I said wishing she would stop with the ‘Why are you late’ speech already.

She sighed and followed me into a Chinese restaurant situated on the left side of the mall. ‘Mainland China’ was the only reason we visited this mall. We both had loved that restaurant since we had been kids. Chas used to come with us too but then Chas developed distaste for Vivienne. That’s not surprising though because Chas hates a lot of people without any reason. When I asked her why she didn’t like Vivienne, all she said was, “I just don’t like that girl” and walked away. That’s Chas for you; go figure.

 We sat down on the oriental looking wooden chairs across each other and that’s when I saw a girl sitting on a table a few feet away from us.

“Tiana?” I said slowly.

“Huh? What?” Vivienne turned back to see.

“Oh no…that isn’t her,” I said sitting down on the chair again because that girl was certainly not Tiana as I could make out Tiana’s butt from a distance of ten feet and this girl could in no way compete with Tiana. Besides Tiana’s hair were of a lovely blond colour, soft and smooth while that girl did not possess Tiana’s lovely hair. I could even point out that Tiana’s eyes were of a lovely grey shade…

“What?” Vivienne looked at me amused.

“Nothing…I thought I saw I girl I know.”

I picked up the menu and pretended to it. Vivienne knew me better than that. I knew she would catch me soon. She snatched the menu from my hands.

“Who is Tiana?” she said in her husky voice. It was weird that I had never thought of her as more than a friend because Vivienne was indeed beautiful. But it was strange hitting on the girl you made mud pies with during childhood. I could never think of her romantically.

“Just a girl,” I said casually.

“Oh and why is this girl making you act so nervous right now?” she pounced on me.

There was no use lying to Vivienne. When you have been with someone so long you can read that person like a book. I was also comfortable talking to her about anything. She never frowned upon on my tendency to change girlfriends so frequently or upon the fact I was a compulsive cheater.

“I don’t know…what’s happening Viv…it’s really strange,” I said playing with the tablecloth.

She kept her hand on mine and said, “You know you can talk about it with me.”

Most of the girls considered Vivienne as a bitch and snobbish but I knew that underneath all that was a good friend who would always be there for me.

“There’s this new girl in my school…Tiana and she…well is very pretty.”

“So? You are unable to make her fall under your charm? How is that possible Blaze Lane?” she laughed.

“Well…that’s not the whole story…I seem to like her a lot.”

I could deny as much I wanted to but my fondness for Tiana would remain the same. I liked this girl more than I wanted to. During the date we had I had felt this great connection between us.

“Then ask her out and then when you are done as usual dump her,” she shrugged.

Any other girl would have slapped me if I told her I just played around with girls for my entertainment but Vivienne didn’t. She was used to me being this way.

“You don’t get it Viv…I like her as in I want to ask her out a-a-and try to be in a serious relationship with her.”

Vivienne’s eyes almost popped out. She stared at me for a few minutes and then found her voice, “You mean…you want to try out for a serious relationship?”

I nodded and she laughed out loudly as if I had told her the funniest thing ever.

“I know you Blaze…and I know you well. You are not a serious boyfriend kinna guy.”

“Bring around Tiana makes me want to change that,” I said grudgingly.

“No matter how hard you try you can’t ever get in a serious relationship…you will just end up suffocating yourself.”

This is why I always discussed most of the things with Vivienne. She was harsh but gave me good reality check.

“I guess you are right,” I said signalling the waiter.

No matter how much I tried to pretend that I could get into a serious relationship, I knew I just couldn’t.  Someone would get hurt in the end and I was sure that someone would be Tiana. I don’t even know what I was thinking…thank God Vivienne talked some sense into my head or I would have gotten myself into something I didn’t really want to.

***

                                                                           + Tiana+

A dazzling smile was pasted on Zack’s face. I looked in front of me at the happy children feeding on cotton candy and adults telling them to walk slowly or the children would get lost in the crowd. I heard a scream as a rollercoaster took a scary turn. The place was decorated with lights which twinkled delightfully at this hour in the night. A cheesy clown walked by after smiling at us. The smell of buttered popcorn made me hungry.

“Do you like it?” he asked spreading his arms.

“How can I not,” I grinned hugging him lightly. I had always loved amusement park. I remembered how I used to scream and hold on tightly to dad as he laughingly patted my head when we rode on the rollercoaster or the big wheel. He always used to say, “I’m with you princess…nothing can hurt you.” And I always used to believe it as I was a child and loosen my hold on his arm. Sadly, he wasn’t here to save me from Marylyn and Harriet now.

“What is it?” Zack asked me kindly looking at my sad expression.

“I just remembered something,” I faked a smile.

“I don’t want my date to be sad,” he pouted and then his eyes lit up, “What should I do to make Tee happy?”

I had to laugh at his sincerity.

“I guess we could go up the big wheel,” I felt like a little girl.

“Big wheel it is!” he said with flourish and offered his hand to me

I held on to his hand as we perambulated to the big wheel while trying not to knock down little kids who were running all around. I breathed in deeply. Did I mention how I love amusement park?

“Oh my God…here we go again,” I cried out as we were suspended high up in the air. I got that ticking feeling in my stomach as we were so high up. Poor Zack’s hand must have had red welts as I was holding on so tightly to him. Heights always excite and terrify me the same time.

“Just don’t look down,” he advised me.

I nodded and looked up at the shiny stars. It was always said that once a person dies he goes up in the sky and becomes a star. I wondered if my dad was one of the stars shining down upon me tonight.

“Tee…” Zack said hesitating.

“Yeah?” I looked at his face. There was something in his eyes. The way he looked at me made me feel wanted. Unlike other boys he hadn’t tried to get into my pants. I always knew he liked me but he had taken the effort of being friends with me.

“Umm…I l-like you,” he stumbled upon his words.

“Oh I like you too,” I told him honestly, “You are a really good friend.”

“No,” he said nervously, “Not as a friend…”

He leaned in towards me and gave a little peck on my lips. Zack looked at me testing my reaction. I leaned back towards him and planted a kiss on his soft lips. He held my shoulders gently and made the kiss deeper. Fireworks were being displayed in the sky as I locked my tongue with his. I got a warm and comfortable feeling while kissing him and I hated to point out but it was not anything like when I had kissed Blaze. When I had kissed Blaze it had felt like 4th of July in my head…I had got a feeling of freefalling. I tried to get the silly stupid thoughts out from my head and concentrate on Zack because he was definitely not an ass like Blaze.

Authors note: There’s it guys; two dates at once. What do you think of Vivienne? Do you like her or hate her? And what do you think of Zack and Tiana’s kiss? Did you like this chappie?

Don’t forget to VOTE.COMMENT.FAN if you like my book. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503 126 9
ONC Prompts; 33. A broken heart beats with all its pieces. And it still wants the same person. 35. Red is the colour of love, Dark Red is the colour...
4.9M 129K 26
An arm snaked around my waist and he forced me to face him. "That kiss on Wednesday was hot, wanna continue from where we left off?" He whispered h...
3.9M 149K 40
"I have this strong urge to kiss you." he said as his eyes flicked to my lips and then back to my eyes. I felt my heartbeat increasing and my knees w...
185K 5.2K 61
Josephine Pryce will do anything to get out of Lakeville even if it means simply tutoring her arch-nemesis Flynn Cauley. Except when it comes to him...