Intertwined

By SiriuslySoha

Sneha is doing arrange marriage with Kabir, the elder son of Chauhans, but something about Mahir, the mysteri... More

Character Sketch
Chapter 1 : The Kashyaps & The Chauhans
Chapter 3 : Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 4 : The Unmistakable Pull
Chapter 5 : The Growing Tension
Chapter 6 : Hostage Of Those Eyes
Chapter 7 : The Touch That Melts
Chapter 8 : Why ?
Chapter 9 : You Won't Understand
Chapter 10 : I Don't Believe You
Chapter 11 : Toe-curling
Chapter 12 : The Silent Banter and Ready To Be Ruined
Chapter 13 : Who Is She ?
Chapter 14 : Jealousy Jealousy
Chapter 15 : You Wouldn't Want To Know
Chapter 16 : The Possession Over Each Other
Chapter 17 : Just A Moment Of Passion (?)
Chapter 18 : Perfect Partners
Chapter 19 : Tug Of War
Chapter 20 : The Time For Talk Has Passed
Chapter 21 : After All This Time ? - I
Chapter 22 : After All This Time ? - II
Chapter 23 : Always
Chapter 24 : Mahir's Sneha
Author's Offer
Chapter 25 : Your Highness
Chapter 26 : His Definition Of Love
Chapter 27 : Let's Get Married
Chapter 28 : Memorable Measurements
Chapter 29 : A Vision So Beautiful
New Story Announcement

Chapter 2 : Meet (not so) Cute

1.3K 142 44
By SiriuslySoha

“Lord! It looks like you don't take care of your hair at all...” - Mandira tched, massaging oil in Sneha's head methodically.

Both families were gathered in the living room after a cozy dinner. The day had flew by in performing pooja, members catching up with one another on their lives over evening snacks and planning about the wedding. Sneha, who was seated cross legged on the floor in Mandira's feet, chuckled at the complain.

“Com'on Maa, Sneha has the silkiest and the healthiest hair of us all!” - Shreya said, winking at Sneha as they both knew she was riling her mother up.

But it was true. Sneha's long brunette hair that went all the way to her sacrum was naturally straight and silky. But Mandira was that dearest aunt of all the children of both families who literally showered love on everyone. She had those imaginary glasses on eyes through which every child of the family looked thinner or weaker than before to her.

“I don't think there's any one on this planet who is spared of Mini Boo's classic hair oiling.” - Drish piped in, joining in the tease. Everybody chuckled.

“There is. Mahir.” - Mandira said with a sour face like she was salty over that, and it only made others laugh harder.

Sneha on the other hand got into thinking mode. All day had passed but Mahir was still out. She had inquired about him at the dining table and Mahesh told her that Mahir had informed he'll be late. Was it just a coincidence or was he actually avoiding her ? How was it possible that they had never met even for once in the past 10 years ? Sure they used to fight a lot as kids but he couldn't be that serious about those silly fights to ignore her for the rest of their lives ? She hoped not because she really missed him. Was dying to meet him. She didn't even know how he looked like now 10 years later. There were no any photos of him in the entire house as well.

“Bua...”

“Mmhmm...” - Mandira responded while using her fingertips to even out the oil on her scalp.

“Why is there no photo of Mahir on any of the wall ?” - she asked, her curiosity rearing its head.

Mandira chuckled. “Because my moody munchkin doesn't like being clicked. You'll find one or two selfies of his but only in his room.” - Mandira's tone was so soft while talking about Mahir, it was clear she was very fond of him. “And don't let him know that I called him munchkin!” - she ordered playfully.

Sneha smiled. This Mahir was getting more and more interesting. She was even more intrigued in meeting him now. After all, how much could a person change in a decade ?

~

The clock chimed 1 in the morning when Sneha rose from her deep slumber. Her throat felt dry and the need to have water was so strong that had risen her from sleep. Frowning, she switched on the lamp and clumsily searched for the glass on the nightstand.

Her hand met just the surface of the table.

Her frown deepening, she fully opened her eyes to see that no glass or jug was there. She facepalmed as she remembered that she had forgot to bring any before retiring to bed.

“Godddd...” - she groaned. She absolutely hated leaving the comfort of bed specially in the middle of the night.

Putting aside the quilt, she rolled her hair in a bun and got up. She was wearing a baby pink spaghetti strap silky nightie and didn't bother to done the silky shrug that was resting on the nearby couch, thinking that everybody would be asleep anyway and she would be quick.

The hallway was dark as she stepped out of her room. Walking a little further, she went towards the boards to switch on a light. The golden glow lit her path, making her smile. But the smile soon vanished and her face took on a panicked look as she saw a lizard on the floor. Right in the middle of the hallway.

She froze.

If there was anything in the world she was scared of, it were lizards. She couldn't stand those creatures and it was absolutely impossible for the two to be in the same room.

“Shoo! Sh-shoo!” - she tried to make the reptile back off while standing alert, ready to run if need be.

Instead of moving back, the lizard took a step forward. Sneha squeaked in alarm. Her gaze fell on the door to her right and without a second thought, she pulled the doorknob, entered the room and slammed the door shut.

Her heart thudded in her chest as she panted, leaning against the door, eyes closed. Before she could know what was happening, she felt someone roughly twisting her around to face the door. A yelp escaped her when the attacker held her arms behind her back, quite painfully at that, and pinned her to the door.

“Who are you ? And how dare you enter my room without my permission ?!” - a silky voice seethed in her ear.

Chills went down her spine. The tone was warning, alerting her of danger. She felt like a prey under the mercy of its predator.

“Sneha.” - she replied weakly. Her brain facepalmed. ‘Sneha ? Who Sneha ? How would he know ?’

‘But if he is a member of the family, he must be knowing who I am.’ she inwardly argued with her brain and asked to keep quiet as she was already in trouble.

She heard him inhale sharply. His grip on her hands somewhat loosened as well.

“Sneha...” - the whisper was husky, there was no other word for it. His tone conveyed a desire so deep that robbed her off her senses then and there. Plus, his warm breathing on her neck did strange things to her. It sent her heart racing, mind shutting, blood flow increasing in her veins and setting every nerve on fire.

The grip on her wrists loosened some more. Just as she was developing a hope that he had recognized her, he roughly turned her around again to pin against the wall beside the door and locked his eyes with her.

All the air left her lungs in a swoosh.

Mahir.

It was his face due to which she recognized him in a heartbeat. And those brown eyes... Still the same anger in them, the same fire she remembered from childhood. But the intensity was insane. Despite being a warm brown shade, they lacked any warmth, instead, glared daggers at her at the moment that caused the hair on the back of her neck to stand.

“So ? Just because you are the would-be daughter-in-law of this house, you will barge into any room at the dead of the night ? - he raised a brow challengingly. His tone was rude and cutting. He was not even pretending to be polite.

She stared at him stunned. More at the rebel in his eyes than his words and tone. He looked angry. Irked. The flames in his eyes intensified as he spoke, threatening to burn her alive.

“I didn't-”

“Stay. away. from. me!” - he warned, each word said with a brief pause. His voice dropping down further in pitch. “And next time, I better not catch you here. If you are interested, Kabir's room is two doors away.” - he abruptly stepped back, creating distance between them and gave his head a jerk towards the door. Silently demanding to leave.

That's when she realized he was wearing just a towel around his waist that ended just above his toes.

Her heart slammed to her chest.

He had completely transformed in a decade. His broad shoulders and mascular arms... the very evident and distracting veins starting from his forearms and going all the way to his long, slender fingers. He had taken a shower it seemed because she saw beads of water shining in the dim light on his body. A few water droplets rolled down his well built chest, crossing his narrow waist and disappearing into the towel.

Goodness Gracious!

She couldn't take her eyes away from him no matter however she forced herself to. Her mind was persistently scolding her that she was flat out staring which was wrong for so many reasons but she was helpless. He was captivatingly handsome.

He ran out of patience as she continued to stand idle and neared her again. She did not dare to breath but still caught  whiffs of his scent due to her involuntary breathing. It was a mixture of cedar wood and smoke and she felt dizzy.

“I don't like to repeat my words would-be Mrs. Chauhan.” - he whispered, his tone bone chilling.

She blinked, her trance breaking. Was it just her or did he actually sound bitter at the last three words ? As if they left a foul taste on his tongue ?

She didn't get time to ponder over it as he took hold of her wrist and opened the door. A gasp left her mouth as he gave her a twirl that caused her to move out of the room then left her hand. By the time she regained her balance, the door had been shut with a bang.

She kept staring at the now closed door. ‘What the hell just happened ?’ Befuddled, she stood there for a while before turning around and heading to her room. Completely forgetting that she was supposed to head to the kitchen to fetch water.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.4K 1.5K 22
"𝑫𝒖𝒏𝒊𝒚𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒌𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒉𝒕𝒊 𝒉𝒐, 𝒌𝒊 𝒃𝒊𝒘𝒊 𝒉𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒊?" ~~ "𝑳𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒍𝒊𝒆" "𝑻𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃...
1.1K 110 12
Where love changes everything, two best friends fall in love with two brothers, many family dramas are yet to come from healing to getting broken. ge...
19.4K 1.4K 33
Aadhitya, a handsome guy at his early 30s leads a successful life as an extraordinary architect. He designs his life perfectly like his buildings. Dh...
2.1K 183 10
A criminal romance 🖇️📃 "don't you dare touch me or I'll burn your body also" she said giving him warning to don't come closer to her "And I would L...