All A Dream {Jax X Reader}

By opalicojewels

"Yeah, just keep grabbing at it, that worked for all of us," he said cockily, smirking at me. "Then how do y... More

1. "This wasn't supposed to happen!"
2. "I'll admit it... nice name."
3. "It's gloinks or the abstracted clown."
IMPORTANT A/N
4A. "Just this prank, deal?"
4B. "Never do that again."
A/N - I'm alive :)
4BA. "Don't give up."
4C. "Choosing the masks over me?"
4D. "Will you guys just stop!"
5. "Look, I fell for you~" 🎄
6. "What the f-"

4. "Let's get outta here."

5.8K 151 397
By opalicojewels

If the picture above is not proof I am mentally insane as if I'm in the circus then I go wheee into hell

Life is the Digital Circus. You try to escape but you caaaaan't, wasting away your days until you abstract, then the mental hospital is the Cellar for yall

Ok enjoy ☺️
—————

Everything was a blur of darkness and strips of crimson.

I tried to keep my body as flat as possible against the winding slide, unless I wanted to miss a wrong turn and go tumbling over the edge.

Jax was right behind me, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

We reached the end of the slide. Kinger and Gangle plowed straight through a bunch of gloinks and disappeared into the cave. I landed on my feet, staggering like a drunk person before Jax barreled into me. We tumbled into a single bowling pin gloink that hadn't been knocked over by Kinger and Gangle.

"Ugh, Y/n, you could've moved out of the way before I came down??" Jax groaned, untangling himself from me.

    "Yeah, totally ain't my fault the slide was a major pain in the *bleep* and I ended up all dizzy."

Clapping sounded from the background and a large "SPARE!" board appeared over the knocked down bowling pin. Jax grunted and broke the board.

    "Hah, anger issues." I smirked.

    "Says the girl who swears every five minutes." Jax hurriedly covered my mouth before I could retaliate. "Aaaand before you say anything I've never said a single bad word, so don't think about insulting me in that field."

I tried making the middle finger gesture at him, but it also got censored. I shoved Jax away in a mood and stormed off, trying to find Kinger and Gangle.

The two had stopped right in front of a huge fat worm with numerous googly eyes on its supposed head. It ate a table then yeah, you know what happened next. Disgusting.

Kinger gasped.
    "An insect collection??"

    "I think it's a nest," Gangle pointed out timidly. "To be more specific, a gloinks' nest."

Kinger shrieked.

    "Oh stop screaming for once, will you?" Jax yawned, admiring his fingers. "So, hot stuff, spot any Zooble parts-" the giant worm interrupted him.

    "What FORM of NON-GLOINKINIAN MASS dares presume PRESENCE in the nest of the GLOINK QUEEN??"

Jax continued admiring his fingers, uninterested in the worm.
    "Ohhhh, is that what - ahem, excuse me, who you are." I tugged at his overall strap frantically.

    "You idiot - don't anger it!" I whispered furiously. "What if it eats us or something?"

    "Relaxxx hot stuff, I'm just spitting facts." Jax faced the giant worm again. "You know, you could've asked for my consent before forcing me to see something so completely and utterly disgusting."

I buried my face in my hands.
    "We're doomed." Gangle patted my shoulder comfortingly.

The worm snarled.
    "How DESPICABLE, a rabbitoid that RUNS its MOUTH in the presence of my ROYAL FIGURE." Jax rolled his eyes.

(Yk personally I think the gloink Queen has a considerable level of sass by how she tosses her head when she speaks lmao)

    "As a royal myself I would kindly ask - oh look, there's Zooble!" Kinger pointed to their head being carried by small gloinks.

    "HELP ME YOU IDIOTS!" they screamed.

    "Kinda rude, Zooble. Now I don't wanna help you." Jax looked down his nose at Zooble's head. I shoved him out of the way and was ready to grab their head, but Kinger got there first after winning Gangle in a rock paper scissors battle.

    "I always lose," Gangle lamented.

    "I gotcha!" Since his hands weren't connected to his body, the gloinks carried Zooble (plus Kinger's hands) to the worm.

    "No offense Kinger, but maybe you should've let Y/n get Zooble." Gangle called out.

    "KINGER YOU MOTHERF-" The worm ate their head. Gangle squeaked and clutched onto me.

    "Eh, they'll be fine." Jax said airily. He pushed Gangle off of me and put his elbow on my shoulder, practically leaning his whole body weight as if I was a stool.

    "B*bleep*, stop," I growled and tried to push him off but he was too heavy. We stopped our scuffle when both he and I noticed a star-shaped gloink glitching like a flaw in the system. We looked at each other, both knowing what beast was close.
Then Jax did a kind of cute eye thing which made them bigger and moved them from side to side - wait, cute?! Was I staring? No no no - he was literally the number one enemy in this prison! I had just met him today! I tore my eyes away from him before he caught me looking.

Focus, you fool, I berated myself. The digital game is getting to your head. Focus.

    "You FOOLISH assortment of COLOURFUL CHARACTERS!" The worm roared. "Do you not REALISE that EVERYTHING must be GLOINKS?" the worm continued its rant while we just stood there, waiting for it to finish. It's like a scenario where them villains do those long monologues and the heroes are kind of like we've been here for hours. You done??

    "This is dumb and weird." Jax said immediately after it finished its monologue.

    "And unsettling," I added, feeling nauseated.

    "Well - yet -" the worm faltered in its confidence. "You're STILL WATCHING IT." I gave the worm a censored middle finger.

Jax yawned unapologetically.
    "I'm not here for the adventure or anything. I'm just here to hide from the-"

The ceiling caved in and the abstracted beast fell on top of the worm and started beating it up.

    "What's happening?!" Gangle cried.

    "Oh that's just Kaufmo, don't worry about it."

    "KAUFMO ABSTRACTED?!"

    "Uh guys? Shouldn't we try and get out of here?" I yelled over the noise.

    "Yeah, you're right! How are we gonna get out of here?" Kinger screamed. He had apparently found Zooble's head.

    "Over there." Zooble angled their head towards an escalator.

"Come on guys, let's get outta here." I called.

I grabbed Gangle's ribbon-hand and led her away from the commotion. I felt heat on my back, as if someone was staring intensely at me, but I didn't bother to check who it was. Probably just my imagination.

    "Ladies first. No wait, why would I say that." Jax pushed Gangle and made to walk up the escalator, but I grabbed the back of his overalls.

Jax choked hilariously.
    "Y/n, the heck *wheeze* are you doing??-" I shook him violently.

    "This is your last warning," I hissed. "Hurt Gangle again and I will hurl you from the top of the Tent." Then I had to laugh at his expression. "Heh - you look so stupid. That face was priceless."

I released him and he immediately regained his composure.
    "Yeeesss, hot stuff. This face -" he posed, "is utterly, flawlessly priceless. Need I go on?"

I gagged.
    "Eww, no you narcissist."

Everyone stepped on the escalator. I continued my argument with Jax until Zooble called out,

    "Wait, Pomni's not even here? Wasn't this whole thing for her and Y/n? At least Y/n came along."

    "Be quiet, I can't hear the escalator."

Zooble smacked the back of Jax's head.

———

The first thing I saw when we ran to the middle of the Tent was Pomni, looking like she had come back from the dead.

    "Caine!" Kinger called up to him. "Kaufmo went through a sort of Kaufmosis and abstracted!" While Caine conversed with Kinger, I went to Pomni.

    "Pomni, Pomni. You okay? What happened after we left?" She didn't say anything for several painful seconds, deep in thought. Then Pomni grabbed my arm.

    "There was an exit door, like the one I saw outside!" She whispered frantically. "I went through it but it led to the void. I really thought it would spit me out to reality but I guess I was wrong."

    "So mouth-head made an exit door but didn't actually put anything useful on the other end?" I said skeptically. Pomni nodded.

    "Though there was something else. I saw a logo. It said..." Pomni scratched her head. "Oh, C&A. Do you think that could be the company who made this sh*bleep*load of mess in the first place?"

    "Maybe. This is a strong lead though."

The thunderous crackling of static filled the air as Caine levitated the abstracted beast into a black hole.

    "Into the cellar you go."

    "I can't believe Kaufmo just gave up like that." Zooble retrieved their head from Kinger. "I mean - no offense, Kinger, but I always thought you'd be next."

    "Guess it just goes to show that you can't rely on Kinger for anything." Jax said cheerfully.

    "Don't be an jacka*bleep*, Jax." I reprimanded.

    "Don't tell me what to be, hot stuff, cuz I'm already fabulous."

Ragatha was glitching harder than ever as she dragged herself towards us.
    "Help- I'm i-in so-o much painnn-" Caine clicked his fingers and Ragatha returned to normal. Pomni started and scrutinized her hand, also restored to its former state.

    "I do have to apologise for lying about the exit. I knew how much all of you have been wanting there to be one - I was having so much trouble figuring out what to put on the other side that I never ended up quite finishing it-"

As Caine ranted on, Jax made to put his elbow on my shoulder again. I swatted his arm away, but my movements felt sluggish and slow.

    "Dude, seriously? I've had enough of your bullsh*bleep* for one day."
Jax raised his arms in a surrender pose.

    "Sorry bout that, but the nickname is continuing. Hate you too, hot stuff."

    "...Anyway it looks like you've defeated the Gloink Queen, so I guess the adventure's over! Your reward is a delicious digital feast cooked by our head Bubble chef."

    "You know, I am pretty hungry." Jax said thoughtfully.

    "You didn't even do anything." I pointed out.

    "I kicked a gloink, fair and square."

    "Only one, per se."

    "Whatever you say, hot stuff. I can still be hungry."

    "Well, not really." Kinger butted in. "Cause we don't need to eat, drink or sleep in this digital world."

    "Sheesh, lay off it. Since when were you an expert on the digital world?"

    "Expert on the what?"

    "You know what, forget it."

We sat ourselves at the dinner table, and to my dismay, Jax plopped himself beside me.

    "Stop being so obsessed with me, rabbit boy. Go tease Zooble or something."

    "Leave me outta this," Zooble called from the end of the table.

    "No, hot stuff. You're just too fun to tease. Besides, your reactions are the best." We had a staring contest. I lowered my eyebrows to thin, intimidating lines. Jax had a relaxed expression on his face but it faded away over time. In the end, he was the one who grunted and looked away, hiding his face. I shouted with joy.

    "Hah HAH! I win, b*bleep*!" When Jax turned back to me, his calm facade was back on though his expression was a grimace.

    "Anyway, how long have you been here?" Jax shoved a chip in my face.

    "Nacho business."

—————
Published 22/8/2023.
Almost reached 2k words. I would keep typing until it hits 2k but it's a long way off.

Quick question #1- do you guys still want me to keep writing Y/n and Jax's sassy arguments or do you want him to start having flirtatious sexyman moments? Or both?

Quick question #2- since we technically reached the end of the episode anyone petition for me to write small bonus chapters on you and Jax's pranks or conversations with each other? while we wait for ep 2 of course. Requests are open - just comment on this paragraph.

EDIT: requests are temporarily closed due to me having like 7 unfinished ones in drafts. Will notify u guys when they open again.

Have a good one guys

~opalico

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 97 26
"I unbutton her blouse? I actually prefer to rip it, It's alot more efficient" Jay says with a low chuckle as I close the book and put it on the tabl...
10.2K 404 35
Sebastian Sallow, one of the most handsome, eligible bachelors at Hogwarts (and certified player, next to his bestie Ominis Gaunt), develops a crush...
105K 3.7K 52
"I hate you" "Fucking too bad I'm your mate" I glared at him sitting in this damn steel box, I don't wanna get stuck in this freaking elevator with...
22.1K 328 19
Wanna know what it's like to perhaps be in the digital world? To date one of the characters? Well, look no further than here! This is where I write m...