BEGIN BEFORE THE END | WTM |...

By Rifter29

Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store... More

DISCLAIMER
BEGIN BEFORE THE END
ACT 1
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT 2
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
ACT 3
55
56
57
58
59
60
62
63
64

61

5.5K 189 50
By Rifter29

CHAPTER 61
THE OMEN OF DEATH

Everyone in the audience went quiet and turned to look at Euphemia. She was looking pale and was visibly uncomfortable by the attention.

"What the hell." James said.

"Mum -- you...he wha--." Cathy stammered out words and seemed unable to make out actually sentences.

"Oh my god." Lily looked at Cathy with shock. "You're actually speechless."

"Shh.' Regulus placed his hands on Cathy's shoulders. "Use your words."

Cathy and James for that matter, couldn't seem to say what was on everyone else's minds.

"Okay, okay.' Marlene said. "Just so we're clear...Cathy at some point dates a muggle named Thomas Riddle who we later find out is the Dark Lord's younger halfbrother."

"Right." Dorcas nodded.

"Thomas has a son that's the same age as Cathy and Regulus' daughter Cassie, who is also the same age as Mary and Evan's kid, Miles."

"Yeah." Dorcas agreed.

"Somehow, Thomas finds out that the wizarding world exists and now we find out that his dad and James and Cathy's mum dated."

"Right." Dorcas nodded.

"I knew that pureblood family trees were messed up but god damn." Evan said.

"Mum." Cathy finally gathered herself. "You dated Voldemorts dad."

Euphemia looked at her daughter and then at everyone that was waiting for a response.

"It was years ago." She stated simply. "Let's move on."

"Wait a minute!" James interjected. "Can we talk about this? Why didn't you ever mention this to us?"

"I didn't know that Tom was Voldemorts father!" Euphemia exclaimed. "And as for why I didn't tell you about him...well, excuse me for not wanting to bring up the most humilating thing that's ever happened to me!"

Everyone fell silent at Euphemia's outburst and uncomfortably returned to the screen.

The scene was Cathy and Thomas staring at the photograph of their mother and father, respectfully, and the camera moved toward the frame. There was a glare on the glass screen of the frame and the camera seemed to focus in on that.

When the camera zoomed backward away from the glare, it showed the glass tank of that was holding a piece of twirled up wood on a sandy base. Ryan gently placed Bask into the tank and smiled at his familiar.

"Sweet dreams, little buddy." Ryan told Bask. He walked backward and fell into his bed and pulled out a silver white rectangluar object.

"Hard to believe that that's the same monster that tried to kill them last year." Frank said.

"What's that?" Ron asked.

"It's a muggle device that connects me to the single most extraordinary invention ever." Ryan opened up his laptop and turned the screen on. "The internet."

"Oh, it's a computer." Mary said.

"What's a computer?" Marlene asked.

"Long story." Lily said,

"When'd you get that?" Dean asked.

"I told my parents that I was considering taking muggle studies during the holdiays and my Aunt Mary suggested getting me a laptop to familiarise myself with the muggle world." Ryan said.

"Lads." Seamus called their attention. "Check this out."

He picked up a sweet from an opened box in front of them and popped it into his mouth. He opened his mouth and the noises of a mokey suddenly came out.

"That's a monkey." Dean laughed as did the other boys.

"What's that?" Sirius wondered.

"Looks fun." Peter smiled.

Ryan moved off his bed and over to the box, He looked through them and smiled before picking one and passing it over to Neville.

"Hey, Neville, try an elephant."

Neville ate the it and immediately began to imitate an elephant.

The boys all laughed and cheered and clapped.

"Ron, catch." Seamus threw one of the sweets of the ginger.

"I will." Ron caught it and upon placing it in his mouth, started to imitate a lion.

"I think we have a winner." Ryan clapped.

"Oh, don't try one of them." Ron pointed to the a set of the sweets.

Harry immediately picked one and threw it into his mouth.

"Oh, no." Ryan laughed as steam poured out of his ears. "Look at him. His face!"

The scene moved out the window and changed and opened up in the Divination Classroom. The students were all seated and listening to their professor. She was a witch with large glasses and messy hair and seemed to wobble a bit when she walked.

"Who's that?" Evan questioned.

"Probably a new professor." Regulus guessed.

"Welcome, my children." she greeted the class. She was seated on a chair and looked at all the students dramatically. "In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight."

The witch stood up and took only one step before she bumped into a table that she didn't seem to have caught sight of. Several students giggled but the professor ignored them and carried on.

"Clearly her Sight isn't working." Cathy joked.

"Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future." Professor Trelawney declared as she raised both arms into the air. "This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

All the students immediately followed Professor Trelawney's instructions and took their partners cups and looked into them. The camera cut for a moment to Harry and Ron who were seated at a table by themselves.

"What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds." Professor Trelawney grabbed Seamus' head and used it as a demonstration.  "First, you must look beyond."

Beyond what?" Ryan asked.

"What a load of rubbish." Hermione mocked.

The camera cut back to Harry and Ron's table but this time Ryan and Hermione were seated with the two of them.

"Where did you two come from?" Ron questioned.

"We've been here the whole time." Ryan told Ron before he turned around to speak to Neville. "Ain't that right, Nev?"

"Huh?" Neville looked just as confused as Ron and Harry at the sudden appearance of Ryan and Hermione.

"Wait. They were not there a second ago." Severus said.

"You, boy." Professor Trelawney pointed to Neville startling him. "Is your grandmother quite well?"

"I think so." Neville answered uncertainly.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give me the cup." Professor Trelawney took the cup from Neville and looked into it before giving Neville a pitiful epression. "Hmm. Pity. Broaden your minds."

When she placed the cup down on Neville's table, he immediately looked into the cup and then into his textbook for some clue of what the professor saw.

"Your aura is pulsing, dear." Professor Trelawney told Ron. "Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

"Sure." Ron gulped.

"Look at the cup. Tell me what you see."

Ryan took a sniff of the air around Professor Trelawney and turned to Hermione.

"She smells like she's been drinking." he whispered.

"What the hell sort of professor is this?" Walburga questioned.

"Yeah. Harry's got sort of a wonky cross." Ron went on as he looked from the tea cup to the text book. "That's trials and suffering. And that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So...you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it."

"Don't kink shame him, Ron." Ryan told Ron. "So what if he's into that?"

"Did he really have to say that?" James said as several of the adults and older students tried to hide their laughs and smiles.

"Don't be stupid." Harry told his cousin.

"I was just trying to defend you, you dirty little pervert." Ryan replied.

"Give me the cup." Professor Trelawney told Ron. He handed her the cup and Professor Trelawney screamed and back away from the cup.

"What, in the fifty shades of grey, did you see?" Ryan asked his professor.

"Oh, my dear boy." Professor Trelawney stammered out. "My dear...you have the Grim."

"The what?" Remus questioned.

"The Grin?" one of the other students said. "What's the Grin?"

"Not the Grin, you idiot. The Grim." Someone else corrected.

"Taking form of a giant spectral dog." One of the gryffindor boys from the back started to read from his textbook. "It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen...of death."

Without anyone else noticing, James, Remus and Peter quietly glanced at Sirius who looked like he was about to be sick.

A deadly silence fell across the classroom. Everyone went pale and looked at Harry in concern and fear.

The only one who didn't seemed fazed at all was Ryan. He leaned back and whispered to Hermione.

"Who's that?" He asked. "I've never seen him before."

"That's Bem." Neville told Ryan after overhearing his question to Hermione.

"Who?"

"Bem." Neville said again. "He's a gryffindor like us."

"Why have I never noticed him before?" Ryan questioned.

The scene ended with Harry taking a look into his cup and found that the tea leaves were in the form of a dog.

Okay I think we're all caught up now.

This was the last chapter I wrote before my story was take  down the first time.

From here on we'll be going back to weekly updates.

Sorry for taking so long to post my story again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

923K 31K 63
"if i mean anything to you i'm sorry, but i've made up my mind." ✧marauders era au✧ ✧uploaded 12/02/17✧ ✧completed 02/06/17✧ best ranking: #3 in fan...
2.3M 79.4K 42
Featured in the official Wattpad @Fanfic Harry Potter Fanfiction reading list! -- When your mind is all you can trust, what happens when your memorie...
317K 8.3K 21
Mᴄᴜ x Hᴘ Sɪʀɪᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇꜱ: ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀꜱꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴇ- completed ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ - writing ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ - x ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀ...
8.2K 179 27
What happens when a young girl misspeaks and a simple magic trick costs a life. Well, it's not her fault "abracadabra" and "Avada kedavra" are so si...