Just College

By mirianhwang

A stray kids fanfic!. it's fictional!. purely fictional. Another stray kids ff 'cause why not?. ___________ ... More

just a note.
¹
²
³
¹⁰
¹¹
¹²
¹³
¹⁴
¹⁵
¹⁶
¹⁷
¹⁸
¹⁹
²⁰
²¹
²²
²³
²⁴
²⁵
²⁶
²⁷
²⁸
²⁹
³⁰
³¹
³²
³³
³⁴
³⁵
³⁶
³⁷
³⁸
³⁹
⁴⁰
⁴¹
⁴²
⁴³
⁴⁴
⁴⁵
⁴⁶
⁴⁷
⁴⁸
⁴⁹
⁵⁰
⁵¹
⁵²
⁵³
⁵⁴
⁵⁵
⁵⁶
⁵⁷
⁵⁸
⁵⁹
⁶⁰
⁶¹
⁶²
⁶³
⁶⁴
a:n
⁶⁵
⁶⁶
⁶⁷
⁶⁸
⁶⁹
⁷⁰
⁷¹
⁷²
⁷³
⁷⁴
⁷⁶
⁷⁷
⁷⁸
⁷⁹
⁸⁰
⁸¹
⁸²
⁸³
⁸⁴
⁸⁵
⁸⁶
⁸⁷
⁸⁸
⁸⁹
⁹⁰
⁹¹
⁹²
⁹³
⁹⁴
⁹⁵
⁹⁶
⁹⁷
⁹⁸
⁹⁹
¹⁰⁰
¹⁰¹
¹⁰²
¹⁰³
¹⁰⁴
¹⁰⁵
¹⁰⁶
¹⁰⁷
¹⁰⁸
¹⁰⁹
🕯 😭
¹¹⁰
¹¹¹
¹¹²

⁷⁵

7 2 0
By mirianhwang

"I'm so sorry for leaving you behind", Daya said to Nari with a little bubbly smile.

"I told you it's okay", Nari repeated for the nth time. "Just have fun and get back tomorrow before evening"

Daya nodded. Dayeon had finally finished her exams with the other aspirants and she was going back to the hotel with them to spend the night there and also tomorrow. She literally begged her mom to agree to stay till noon of the next day. "Are you sure you don't maybe want me to call_"

"Yah", Nari said and she felt her eyes widen. "Am I a child?. I can stay in the room alone. Infact, get out. Out", Nari got u9 from her bed and held the girl's fragile shoulders, pushing her to the door.

"Yah. Yah", Daya kept repeating till Nari literally pushed her out of the room. Daya turned around once the girl let her shoulders go, frowning. "You have some plans, don't you?"

Nari shook her head, "No, I don't", she leaned against the door's jamb, "Have you got everything you need?"

Daya stopped that cute frown of hers and looked down at the backpack she held in her hand by the strap. "Mmh", she looked back at Nari with a short nod. "Be safe", she patted the girl's arm, waved and walked down the corridor.

Nari smiled. Be safe. Like she wasn't always safe. She retreated back into the room, shutting the door.

Spend some quality time with them, Daya.

_♡33_

The school premises was filled with students talking to either their siblings or relatives who came for the exam.

Daya was glad though that Dayeon had suggested to meet her at the gates. It spared her the time to deal with her nosey fellow students today.

Dayeon waved the school flyer in her hand as she walked with her mom towards the gates. Damin glanced at her at every two second that passed. She looked so happy and bubbly, Damin wanted her to always be this happy.

"Oh. Unnie", Dayeon waved at the girl, before running towards her, leaving her mother behind.

Daya chuckled and took a step back from the impact of her sister's body. "I will take your happy hug that you did well"

"Uh-huh. I did", Dayeon pulled away. "It's just mannerisms and you know I have a lot of that", she flipped her rich brown hair dramatically.

Damin scoffed as she got to them. "You wish, Dayeon. You really wish", she eyed her eldest daughter, "You are done?"

"Mmh. Eomma", Daya grinned and Dayeon pulled at her arm, "Let's go. Let's go", she sang, walking with her sister in front and letting their mom trail behind.

Damin watched her daughters, they were talking to, and glancing at each other casually. She smiled in tiny. These girls were her whole world.

Her whole world.

_♡33_

Dayeon let Daya help her pack their stuff after they had roomservice dinner while their mom slept. She was really tired even though she didn't let it show. Dayeon was glad the examination hurdle has ended because her mom could finally rest and go back to the place where she felt more comfortable. Haryung-gu. But she was sad too. She wouldn't see this girl kneeling in front her for another 2 months or thereabout.

"What are you staring at?", Daya whispered, zipping up the bag they came with.

"You", Dayeon replied and the older girl blinked once but didn't look at her. "Don't be to hard on yourself"

"Huh?", Daya said quietly, now looking at her sister. Dayeon smiled, shrugging her shoulders and getting on her feet. "No. It's nothing. Hurry and come to bed", she turned around and walked to the bed where her mom laid on.

Daya stared at her lie beside their mother. Why did she feel so comforted with what her sister just said?. Dayeon probably didn't even know what went with her yesterday. Daya tilted her head in mild confusion and set her mom and Dayeon's bag upright. Turning off the lights, she climbed into bed and sighed quietly.

She and Dayeon laid, facing each other while their mom faced the other way, sleeping peacefully.

"What's next after this?", Daya asked and her sister's eyes opened.

"I don't know. Results, I guess"

"I know. How will you get that?"

Ah. "Our emails", Dayeon replied and Daya's eyes widened a fraction. "I heard it wasn't the same with you guys or the current freshers"

"Mmh", Daya placed her palm underneath her head as a pillow. "We came to school for our results, prospectus and admission letters"

Dayeon smiled slowly, "We are lucky then"

"You lot really are", Daya confirmed and the younger chuckled quietly.

"Can I hold you?", Dayeon asked and Daya went through another bout of confusion at the girl's soft words, tone and action. "I'm not sure", Daya mumbled and Dayeon rolled her eyes, snuggling into the older girl.

Daya cradled her head gently, putting her hands into the healthy hair at the back of her head, while holding her closer. Daya snickered. She is the one holding her not vice versa.

"Why are you laughing?", Dayeon asked. "Nothing much", came Daya's reply, followed by a yawn.

Dayeon patted her back repeatedly in a soft cooing manner. She knew something happened. The way she called earlier this morning and said she couldn't make it, was all the evidence she needed to confirm her suspicions from yesterday.

It's okay, unnie.

_♡33_

The students were once again gathered and asked to clean up after the school's aspirants and parents. Except this time, the students who left the school with permission, were ruled out from participating in this 2nd cleaning exercise, and Nari thought Daya was one hell of a lucky girl.

The exercise was really tiring, that they came out by 10am and finished around 4pm, getting close to 5pm. Nari was glad though. Thanks to the cleaning exercise, she wasn't bored for a second as she had something doing instead of being locked up in her room.

"Unnie", Ari called and Yeji looked at her, biting into her bread. "Mmh?", she said with mouthful.

Nari watched the senior subtly. She was sitting with the girls at the food court. Instead of going back to the dorms after that tiring work, they decided to eat instead, and they weren't the only students who wanted to refill their hungry stomachs.

Nari tore her chocolate bread open as Ari spoke again, "Ryujin left school yesterday, did she maybe contact you?"

Yeji blinked. Why will she contact her?.

"That's right", Yuna said, looking at the cup of smoothie in her hand. "She hasn't called any of us since she left school grounds", she turned to the older girls. "Has she called you?"

Lia shook her head as a no before carefully opening another wrap of gimpap. "Yuna, she is probably okay", Lia assured, smiling at the girl who was worried for her cousin.

Yeji glanced at Nari once and moved her eyes away. "And, uh, she didn't call you?"

Nari cocked a brow. "No. She didn't"

"Alright", Yeji said, more to herself, nodding and taking another bite of her bread.

"Ryujin is probably having the time of her life and you are all here worrying for her", Chaeryeong tsked. The girls looked at her. "Are you really oblivious?. She went on a date"

Oh.

"Well I know that", Yuna informed, "But she should have called. Oh it's going well, I'm fine or something. She left yesterday"

"Maybe because she is in bed with him?", Chaeryeong shrugged with a grin. "That's a good reason to not call or pick your calls. Wrong?"

"Oh, uh..", Lia spared Yeji a subtle glance. "Yeah. Yeah. Maybe"

"Who asked her out?", Ari asked.

"The guy from Hongseo. The one she went on a date with last time", Yuna replied.

"Oh. Are they a thing now?"

"Maybe?", Chaeryeong made a very non-innocent face and most of her friends laughed.

Yeji pulled her glass of cola closer, and fidgeted with the straw tull she actually remembered where her mouth were. Nari who had her eyes on her the whole time was starting to ask herself if this school she was attending was a home of unhealthy relationships.

Because this just sucks.

"Ah, unnie, are you okay?", Chaeryeong asked as she remembered Yeji was sitting as this table with them. She wanted to slap this running tap she called a mouth.

Yeji let her straw go and smiled, nodding. "Why won't I be?"

That's a rhetorical question but Yuna didn't get it. "Uh.. you know.. because Ryunjin.."

"I'm fine", Yeji said, moving her side bangs behind her ears.

"You didn't know she was dating him?", Ari asked.

"I don't care who she dates, Ari. We are nothing together", Yeji reminded. "We are not a thing"

"Oh, really?. She can make a move on Nari then and you will be cool"

Okay, one thing Nari hated was being dragged to the limelight. She stared at the girl who spoke, "Why do you think that way, Ari?"

"Ryujin likes you, doesn't she?"

Nari dragged out a long sigh. "No, she doesn't. Ask her yourself, if you don't believe"

"Ah, my bad", Ari mumbled. She was sure Ryujin was giving the girl signals and if they were to go ahead with that, she would support them, only if Yeji agrees.

But she did.

The awkward silence at the table was thick. Yeji pushed her seat back. "Oh shit. I'm meeting up with Hyunjin today. I need to go before he leaves school grounds for the dorms"

"Should I come with you and see him?", Lia asked.

"No. No.", Yeji shook her head. "It's okay. Take your time. I will come back later or meet you girls at the dorms", she grabbed her cola and walked away from the court.

Yeah. She didn't, and never wanted to tell their friends that she was once casual sexual partners with Ryujin. For reasons like this.

Yeji sighed quietly, pushing her hair back as she walked out the food court's door.

This sucks.

_♡33_

Another reason marked.

Obviously. This was another for Hwang Yeji to dislike her more.

"Does putting people in an uncomfortable position, seem like fun to you?", Nari asked.

Ari looked sideways. "Eh?. Me?"

"Yeah, you". Maybe people kept quiet for her but she wasn't going to be one of those people. "It's fun, right?"

"Did I make anyone uncomfortable?", Ari asked back. "Yeji unnie said they aren't a thing anymore"

"They were never a thing", Lia corrected.

"Yeah", Ari snapped her fingers. "Just had a thing together"

"Still, you shouldn't have said those things", Nari chastised. She doesn't know the history between those two girls and she doesn't care to know what it was, to understand that Yeji wasn't okay with this convo. "Don't try to justify yourself, Lee Ari"

Ari scoffed, "Yah. Why are you so pressed towards me?. Chaery started this, no?"

Nari looked at Chaeryeong and she tucked her lips into her mouth. "Whoever started it doesn't matter. Don't just put your friends in uncomfortable situations. You don't know the heat until the heat is on you. Bye then", she got up and left with her snacks, deciding to just finish it on the way.

Okay. That hit home.

You don't know the heat until the heat is on you.

Ari could relate.

"She is so similar to Ryujin unnie", Yuna whispered.

"Shut the fuck up, Yuna", Lia ordered and she meekly nodded but Lia couldn't help but agree. Ryujin had scolded them about the rumours surrounding Kim Seungmin and Jeong Daya.

Especially Ari.

It's Ari again.

_♡33_

Entering the hall room Hyunjin asked her to meet him, Yeji was met with Seungmin moving away from Aisha instead.

Oh.

Yeji felt the need to apologise since she walked in on quite a scene. "I'm sorry. Hyunjin said he was here"

"Ah. He just left", Seungmin said and Yeji nodded, looking in between Aisha, who was still sitting on one of the lecture desks and her family friend, who was by the way, giving her a look to go find Hyunjin since that was her mission. "You aren't leaving?"

He is shameless, isn't he?. But that's what makes us friends.

Yeji smiled, "I was just on my way. Take your time". Seungmin scoffed with a roll of his eyes. "Aisha, see you around"

"Uh..uh yeah"

Yeji arched a teasing brow at Seungmin and left. No cap, they look good together. The two best students of their year.

Spicy. Intelligence will be their theme.

Yeji brought her phone out, texting Hyunjin a quick text.

Where are you?.

_♡33_

Afternoon but they were still in Seoul and it was getting to 6pm already. Damin wouldn't stop complaining. She has had a lot of fun with her daughters, from ice cream parlours to the amusement parks to eateries and the nail shop but she was okay now.

"That's enough fun, girls", Damin said.

"Ah, eomma why?", Dayeon whined, admiring her orange glitter nails for the nth time. Her mom was so much better than her. She got her nails done too but she wasn't fawning over it like some teenage girl.

Daya smiled, tight-lipped. It was time for them to leave. She'd stalled their time of departure since today, but now, she couldn't anymore. "I will escort you to the station then"

"No, it's alright, Daya", Damin said, collecting the bags of stuffs she got for them. "You've done enough my child. You have to return to school too"

Daya hummed. She wasn't going back today but she didn't tell her mom. "Fine", she flagged down a cab and brought out her purse from her bag but Dayeon pushed her hand back.

"We can afford a tfare", Dayeon silently scolded.

"Oh, sorry. Sure", she withdrew her hand and returned her purse, smiling at her mom. "Have a safe trip"

"You too", Damin hugged her. "Eomma loves you, you know"

Daya blinked her eyes severally. "I know, mom", she patted the woman's back. "Hurry now"

Damin chuckled, letting her pull the cab's door open as she entered the car. Daya ruffled Dayeon's hair. "You guys will be on the road till late night. Sorry"

"Oh it's okay", Dayeon rolled her eyes. "See you at home"

Yeah. Summer break.

"Of course. Greet Haemoni for me"

Dayeon nodded, entering the cab next as Daya shut the door and the cab rolled away. Daya stared at the car. Her mom didn't talk about the amount of money she spent on them today. She didn't know how to feel about that but deep down, she was kind of glad.

With a sigh, she stopped another cab and started her return to the hotel.

The 5 days break they were given will be ending next tomorrow and she wasn't returning back to school till then.

Daya rested her head on the car's window as she stared at her phone. She sent a text to Dayeon.

Dayeon-ie, if you calls don't connect, don't be worried. I am okay and I just turned it off on purpose.

Why did text that to Dayeon?. Because she felt Dayeon would understand her more, than her mom. She didn't know why she felt that way, she just do.

Feeling satisfied with letting her sister know her plans, Daya turned off her phone. She smiled softly at all the blinding lights they passed as she stared out the window.

\\♥︎33\\

No comments.

#Mirian.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 599 30
When love faces its toughest battles, only the strongest hearts prevail. In this OT8 Stray Kids fanfiction we will follow the intertwined lives of ei...
40.5K 1.8K 36
STRAY KIDS JEONGCHAN ✓ A/N end of 2023: It's honestly insane to me that, to this day, this story is still getting reads and comments. I don't like th...
63K 3.5K 17
Stray Kids is a group of talented and hardworking boys striving to achieve their dreams to conquer the world with their music. But, one of them died...
4.3K 451 20
Have you ever wished to live in a better world? Have you ever wished to be with your favorite idol... as in a relationship? What if, one day, you get...