Glycerine | Astarion

By astarionswaifu

I'm never alone, I'm alone all the time Are you at one, or do you lie We live in a wheel, where everyone stea... More

Glycerine
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Five

1K 50 4
By astarionswaifu

Gʅყƈҽɾιɳҽ

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Xynaa watched as Astarion ran his fingers through his disheveled hair, chuckling lightly.

"Well, I guess there is no point of hiding it anymore,"
"Hiding what? That you're some cult leader or something?" She asked him. Astarion could tell she was trying to see his neck again.

Astarion's eyebrows rose. "A cult leader?"

The man began to laugh. Xynaa stared at him angrily.

"No, darling. I am no leader. If only I was, I wouldn't be in this current situation." He muttered.

"I'm not moving from this spot until you tell me." She informed him. She was angry and impatient, waiting for him to finally give in.

"What will it take?" She asked. "You are the one who wanted to know me better. It's a mutual effort."

"Yes, but only for someone who is actually interested in the one, not interested in the bite mark on their neck."

She raised her hand to hit him, but Astarion quickly caught her wrist in his hand. The man stared at her for a moment, watching as she gritted her teeth.

"How dare you." She snapped, trying to yank away. "If you haven't noticed, you are not a very easy book to read."

"Oh, the contrary. I can be the easiest you've ever read. But it just depends on how the reader is reading it. . ."

Xynaa's face reddened. "Would it even matter what I think?"

"Let me tell you what I think," Astarion said, taking a step forward. "I think with everything you have received from me, it's leaving you wanting more."

Xynaa's jaw clenched as the man moved closer, towering over her. "I believe you know it to be the same for me. I've purposely come around, wanting more of you. And every time I'm around you, I inch just a tad closer for more of you. It's a burning sensation in your chest and a tingling response in the pit of your stomach, isn't it?"

Xynaa remained still as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "Tell me, love, am I wrong?"

Her heart pounded in her chest at the contact they made. Taking a deep breath, she spoke.

"No, you're not." She muttered. "But I don't know you."

"Is that what you want?" He asked, his breath fanned her lips. "To know me?"

"If you would open yourself to me." She responded.

Astarion smiled. "No problem, love. But I promise you, you may regret this."

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

Astarion sat in the chair, his eyes closed as he waited in silence. The room was warm, but as Xynaa moved away, it was cold again. It left him with a frown as her heat disappeared from him, leaving in in the cold like he always had been in.

But then he felt her fingers against his skin, tracing over each puncture wound in his neck. The feel of her skin against his would have been heavenly to enjoy, but the idea of pushing things too far and too early was at risk.

He tried not to flinch, but he did anyway. Xynaa's fingers pulled away from his skin, and the woman frowned.

"A vampire spawn." She said quietly. "Of course. You've never been out during the day, in the light. . . And the eyes."

Xynaa came around and stood before him. As she looked him over, the man rose a brow as he leaned back in the chair.

"Darling, you may as well draw a picture of me. It will last much longer."

"Not really, considering you're alive for the rest of eternity." She mumbled. She caught sight of the two piercing holes on his neck, and she swallowed.

"When?"

"A few years ago," he said. "Now, it's my turn to ask a question. What are you?"

She shook her head. "No, you aren't getting out of this just yet."

The man sighed. "You're a stubborn little thing. It's not like I won't tell you what you want to know."

"Well, you haven't ever before," she responded curtly. "Astarion, if you won't tell me, then I will uninvite you from this home."

His jaw clenched and he leaned forward, their faces only inches apart. "And we cannot have that."

Xynaa stiffened lightly as she leaned back. "Who were you, before you became a vampire?"

"Nothing special, if you were expecting something major. I was a magistrate."

"And how did you. . Turn?"

Astarion took in how interested she was in uncovering his past and who he was in the present, but it made him feel partially uneasy. There was not a single person he could trust, but the way she looked at him without any judgment, he was beginning to open himself up to her; just as she wanted.

"I was attacked," he answered lowly. "A group of gur came through on the streets and beat me until I was about dead. And then Cazador found me. He found me and offered to save me, by giving me the gift of immortality."

"Is Cazador your friend?"

"Gods, no." Astarion muttered in disgust. "He is my master, unfortunately."

Xynaa crossed her arms confusedly. "Can't you just leave, then?"

Astarion smiled. "It's not that simple, darling. If only it was. But, I'm rather liking it here, all things considered."

Her cheeks brightened and she looked down at the table.

"There are things even I can't explain. I shouldn't even be here, technically. But here I am."

She looked back up at him and noticed the weary expression on his face. Xynaa stood to her feet and walked towards the counter.

"How do you feed?" She asked.
"Not in the way you might think." He murmured, standing. He walked towards her, watching as she poured wine into a glass. Holding it out to him, Astarion inhaled the sweet scent.

"It's rather sweet, the scent. What did you add to it?"

"Glycerine,"

Astarion watched as she took a drink of her own, swallowing it. Astarion followed, tasting the sweet wine. It was strong and sweet, burning his throat just the way he preferred. He took another drink, watching as Xynaa placed her glass down.

"I don't know what I am." Xynaa admitted suddenly. Astarion rose a brow as she walked towards the bookshelf and picked up her staff that leaned there. "A few months ago, I found this staff in my uncle's storage. When I picked it up, I had this. . . Feeling. It was weird, it was like electricity was plummeting through my body, like it was being drawn from this."

Astarion grabbed the staff and examined it. He noticed the marks and the crevices in the oak, spiraling towards the head of the staff.

"This is a sorcerer's quarterstaff." He said. "And considering the thunder you abruptly almost smited me with. . ."

Xynaa's face reddened. "I saved your life. You're welcome, by the way."

Astarion rested the staff back against the shelf and turned to face her. As he walked forward, Xynaa stiffened immediately.

"I can offer my thanks, with your reference. How would you like me to thank you?"

She swallowed. "I d—don't know what you want."

He raised his hand and cupped the side of her neck. "I see the way you look at me. I feel the way you feel as you stand here. You're terrified. You're terrified of what may become of us. Being near a vampire. It frightens you. . . But it also arouses you, doesn't it? The thought of the danger thrills you."

Xynaa's breath hitched as his hand closed on her hip. The distance between them was slowly closing, and so was her caution. The more she allowed herself to settle in his hold, feeling his skin, she wanted it more.

Astarion's eyes flickered towards the window as he watched the dim light rise on the horizon.

"I have to leave." He said, pulling away. The reality sank in, the reality of him having to disappear from the light of day, away from the world again.

"Where will you go?" She asked him.

Astarion looked back at her as he neared the door. "You will learn everything. But it will be with time."

And with that, Astarion disappeared out the door, leaving Xynaa in silence.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283 25 22
❝𝘴𝘰 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦? 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭...
325K 10.9K 32
-𝘼 𝙙𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙮𝙥𝙖 𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠😭♥️. 𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙞𝙩 𝙩𝙧𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙢𝙚😼. 𝗗𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟮𝟬𝟮𝟬
55.2K 526 29
i wrote this when i was 13 so i'm sorry for how bad it is but a lot of people seem to enjoy it so i'm leaving it up, just know i am self aware x
19.3K 675 18
Baldur's Gate 3 fan-fiction In which one of the young druids of Emerald Grove goes on a search for her master, following behind a mind-flayer infecte...