I Always Come Back For What's...

By XenonLuxius

The twins of destruction. That is a title that has haunted Lilith and Lucifer for thousands of years. A title... More

Book 1: The Beginning
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 9.5
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Book 2: The Archon War
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Not a Chapter
*rigorously rubs eyes* Nani Tf?
100 READ SPECIAL!!!
Ehehehehhehehehehehehehehehhehe
#1 in Original World Celebratory Chapter
I simp Scaramouche so...
250 Reads Celebratory Chapter!

Chapter 1

26 0 0
By XenonLuxius

"Ugh, honestly, Meliodas is such a perv even towards the very end. I seriously don't understand what Elizabeth sees in him," a silver haired girl sighed, grimacing at the antics of her friend. Her obsidian eyes narrowed in mild distaste, the silver crescent moons replacing her pupils partially hiding from view. "Did he have to announce my three sizes as a 'goodbye memory' to everyone there?"

"At least he saves the groping for only Elizabeth. If he tried to pull the moves on you..." a raven-haired boy growled, slightly flexing his fingers menacingly. His silver eyes were ablaze, his starry pupils a menacing black.

"Elizabeth would have to arrange a funeral, not a wedding," the girl nodded.

Despite their harsh words, they secretly chuckled in their minds. They were both well aware that no matter how much of a pervert their friend - or more, brother figure - was, he had only eyes for his beloved. The three sizes thing was a jest to distract everyone from their tears as the twins left that world.

"We're finally going home, Lucifer..." the girl murmured, gazing ahead at the galactic view spreading before them as they traveled between worlds.

"I hope that Rex and Venti haven't forgotten about us, Lilith," Lucifer nodded.

"We made them those flowers! If they forget about us despite that, they're in for a loooooooong lecture," Lilith pouted.

"Merlin sure trained you in the arts of magic and long lectures," Lucifer teased.

"Merlin is such a sweetheart... She researched our powers for the whole thousand years we were in Brittania and made us a magic item that lets us teleport to another world without using our own reserves! We can make a round trip every thousand years!" Lilith rambled excitedly, then frowned. "Too bad the item is only one-time use..."

"She only had enough time to make one. I'm sure that she will have more ready when we go back," Lucifer reassured her.

"We can travel around the universe as much as we want! I'm so glad we chose Brittania all those years ago," Lilith sighed happily.

"It really was a stroke of good luck... Lilith! Look, I think I can see the exit!" Lucifer cried out, pointing.

Lilith gasped with excitement, grasping her brother's hand tightly as they ran towards the shimmering gates of Teyvat, their world of three thousand years and where their home was. A dragon, a goddess, a wind spirit... and a Yaksha. Lilith balled up her free fist tightly, vowing in her mind, I'm back, Alatus... Once we're there, I won't waste any time hunting you down and freeing you.

They approached the familiar white marble doors, a sight they hadn't seen since they left a thousand years ago. With a nod to each other, each twin placed a hand upon a door and pushed.

Creeeeaaaaaakkkkk...

"Men! Don't let the enemies past the gates!" a man's urgent voice was the first to reach the twins' ears before the deafening clamor of battle drowned it out.

"What the-" Lilith spat out before summoning Gladius Lunae, stopping a man's sword in its tracks.

"Who the hell are you?!" the man demanded before Lilith ruthlessly pushed him backwards and decapitated him with an effortless swing.

"That's my line," she grumbled as she flicked off the blood distastefully.

"Why is Guili under attack...?" Lucifer pondered, crouching besides the corpse. "This isn't a bandit, that's for sure. What the hell happened while we were gone?"

"First order of business, we find Rex or Venti or both, preferably both," Lilith replied urgently, taking control of the situation. "Luci, I need you to head towards our ruins. Hopefully those two still visit and are there. I'll search the battlefield and see if there's someone smart enough to still their sword long enough to listen to reason."

"Be careful. And don't-" Lucifer started before Lilith cut him off.

"Yes on the first part, no promises on the second. You know how I get on the battlefield," Lilith remarked flippantly, tossing a devil-may-care smirk at her brother. He knew her better than that, however, and saw the white of her knuckles as she tightened her grip on her sword. "I'll try. Archons know I'll try, but I can't guarantee anything if pushed far enough."

"Just... don't do anything you'll regret later. We live way too long to pile up regrets," Lucifer said before disappearing, teleporting to their former home of three thousand years.

"Now..." Lilith murmured, turning towards the chaos before her. Another man rushed towards her, yelling a battle cry, but she stabbed her sword into his heart without even looking. She side glanced at the body, noting the shabby armor on him, and innerly prayed that she didn't just kill a Guili soldier. Tugging the hood of her silver-lined dark navy cloak further over her face, she readjusted her gold-and-white masquerade mask. Merlin was nice enough to cast voice-changing magic on it, for she was one of the few people who knew just how much Lilith hated being recognized by too many people. Lilith's voice was blended with a masculine tone, making it hard to pinpoint her gender.

"Maybe a higher vantage point will help," she mused, spotting the remains of a stone pillar and teleporting to it. She gazed upon the carnage of the battlefield before her, watching as people stabbed each other, shot arrows, and regressed into a primal state. "Pathetic," she grumbled, shaking her head as she realized that no one was in the right state of mind to talk reasonably.

Suddenly, she spied a glimpse of turquoise as a young girl dressed in green and braids on the sides of his head was standing to the side, surrounded by three armored men with various weapons pointed at the girl.

"Oh my, that's no good," Lilith said to herself, quickly teleporting to a short distance from the group.

"C'mon lil' girl~ The battlefield's no place for delicate flowers like you. How 'bout you get placed in a nice, cozy place and kept safe by us from nasty hunters, eh?" one of the men cackled, leering at the girl.

"Yeah, we won't ask for much... just keep us company during this dirty war, whaddya say?" another nodded, reaching out to grasp the girl's arm.

"My, my, my my my," Lilith called out, calmly strutting over to the group. "If that was meant to be a pick-up line, then I seriously fear for the future of the human race."

"Who the hell are you?! Butt out, buddy, before we kill ya!" the first man growled, whirling around and brandishing his sword at Lilith.

"Oh, I'm just your friendly neighborhood panther; I see prey, I pounce and rip 'em apart. I bet I could be a better 'hunter' than you..." she let her glittering obsidian eyes rake distastefully over the men in front of her, "...dogs."

"The hell ya say, punk?!" a man growled, stalking over to her. "You shady lookin' cloaked fellow, why don'tcha be a man and show us you face, huh?" He reached out and roughly grasped a fistful of Lilith's cloak, revealing her feminine figure. "Oho~?" he whistled, lustfully raking over Lilith's body with new eyes. "Seems we have another lady amongst us, men!"

"She's a lil' on the petite side, but that's pretty cute in itself," another of the perverts drooled, joining the other man in looking Lilith over. The third man stayed with the braided girl, perhaps to make sure she didn't run.

"I really don't want any trouble or blood to be spilt..." Lilith purred. "But if you insist..."

"Talkin' big for such a lil' lady," the man grabbing her cloak growled, reaching out for Lilith's mask.

"Such a brute will lose his fruit," the braided girl giggled.

"The hell-?" the man started before Lilith raised her leg and beaned him right where the sun don't shine.

"Sorry to pop your cherries the more painful way, but at least you're still alive," Lilith grinned sweetly.

"You little bi**h!" the man next to the braided girl growled, turning his blade towards Lilith.

"Yoo-hoo! Don't forget about me!" the girl behind him trilled, and when the man turned around she knocked him over with a blast of anemo.

"How dare-!" the last man exclaimed before Lilith roundhouse kicked him into the ground.

"That was unpleasant... to look at," Lilith shuddered, then turned towards the young girl. "You alright?"

"Such a gallant lady in shining armor has come to my rescue, oh so divine!" the girl swooned. "It would be odd for me to not be fine!"

"Glad to hear that," Lilith chuckled. "Now..." she trailed off, planting a hand on her hip and removing her mask with the other, "mind explaining to me what in the name of Celestia you're doing in a place like this, looking like that, and what's going on, Venti dear?"

"I knew you would come back, Lily!" Venti squealed, launching himself forwards, Lilith spread her arms just in time to catch the exuberant wind spirit. "I kept the flower you guys made with me at all times! Although the petals falling made me kind of sad, when the last petal fell I knew that you were here! Then look and behold, you showed up within minutes! It was almost worth deliberately getting harassed by those weirdos!"

"First of all, chill with the exclamation marks," Lilith chuckled, then her expression turned dark as she pinched Venti's cheeks. "Second of all, what the actual f**k do you mean 'deliberately', hmm?! What if I was late and they hurt you? I would've needed to kill them brutally then scold you way worse than I am now!" Lilith released Venti's cheeks with a huff then glomped the shorter male, tucking his head into the crook of her neck. "Only you can give me a borderline heart attack within minutes of returning, you prankster wind spirit," she murmured affectionately.

"Welcome back Lilyyyy," Venti giggled, snuggling his nose against her hair, inhaling her familiar scent of mint, apples, and a warm fire. Whenever he was really lonely while Lilith was gone, Venti had taken to crunching on apples while reminiscing about the happy memories he made in the relatively short while he had known Lilith. Before he knew it, apples had become his favorite food in all of Teyvat.

"Now, on to the second question. Why did you take on a human form?" Lilith asked as she pulled away, frowning when Venti's face fell.

"Ehe... could we talk about that later? When we're not surrounded by a battlefield?" Venti requested, his expression vulnerable.

"Sure. Speaking of which..." Lilith flicked her wrist and launched a silver fireball at an incoming enemy. The immortal screeched in pain, scrambling away from the petite female radiating bloodlust. "Why the hell are mortals and immortals duking it out in the middle of Guili Plains like a bunch of children? Why hasn't Rex or Gui stopped them by now?"

"Lilith, you came back at either the best or worst time," Venti sighed, his face unusually serious. "Remember the evil god you said captured Alatus?" Lilith nodded, her blood running cold.

"Well, she came out of hiding on her own, and...

She declared war upon the Guili Assembly."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88 9 9
"The Archons can't save me now." "...Huh?" "Why are you so hot?!" "*sigh* Lilith, you truly have no filter." In a modern land, where the art of eleme...
863K 25.3K 100
[ BEING REWRITTEN ] ๐๐Ž๐Ž๐Š ๐Ž๐๐„ - ๐…๐ข๐ซ๐ž ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ----- ๐ƒ๐˜๐‹๐€๐ ๐‡๐€๐‘๐‘๐ˆ๐’ I messed up - I messed up in typical Dylan fashion because...
29.4K 1.2K 23
โ ๐šƒ๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š—๐š๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š—๐š๐š›๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š๐šœ ๐šŠ๐š›๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐š˜๐šœ๐šŽ ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š ๐šŒ๐š˜๐š–๐šŽ ๐š๐š›๐š˜๐š– ๐š‹๐š•๐š˜๐š˜๐š.โž Thousands of years ago, Rex Lapis made a con...
18.1K 547 31
"๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ." "๐˜ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฑ." "๐˜ž๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜บ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ง๐˜ญ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข...