Chapter 2

"Venti, you handle getting our allies out of the way. I'll torch the rest," Lilith ordered, stalking across the battlefield while securing her mask back onto her face. After hearing Venti's words, she immediately set out to wreak havoc. "Luci and, hopefully, Rex will know it's me," she stated, her hands alight with large silver fireballs. She threw them into the air and snapped her fingers, causing them to rocket even further into the atmosphere. "Aries!" Lilith barked out, the fireballs breaking apart before raining back down upon the warring immortals like silver meteorites. Venti used his Anemo to gather allied humans and immortals into clusters, which Lilith made sure to avoid.

"Lily, to the right!" Venti called out, pointing at a small group of enemies trying to flee the scene.

"Perfect interrogation victims," Lilith purred, flicking her wrist. Vines burst out of the ground, entwining themselves around the runners and immobilizing them. "Now..." she growled, kicking one over onto his back and slamming a foot onto his stomach. "Start talking while I'm being nice, and you just might live. Where is your base, who is your boss, and where is she?" she smiled murderously, gradually increasing the pressure.

"L-Lily, you sure became quite violent in the time I haven't seen you," Venti stammered, awkwardly laughing.

"Hmm? I suppose I have," Lilith answered, mindlessly grinding her heel a bit and drawing some blood because of her heeled boot. "We all have a bunch to talk about when the whole family gets together, but I'll just say that Teyvat is very peaceful. So much so that I didn't even know I could do the things I did in the past thousand years," she murmured the last line almost painfully, her expression guarded.

"I'll talk! I'll talk! So please, spare us!" the man Lilith was stepping on cried out, tears streaming down his face from the pain.

"Oh? I almost forgot you existed," Lilith tilted her head, lowering her leg. "I thought it would take at least an hour to break you. I guess Brittania people are made of tougher stuff than you guys."

"W-we have a bunch of bases scattered around Liyue, but I only know the one I'm from. Only the boss has a map with the locations of the others. He's also the only one who directly interacts with the big boss lady. The rest of us grunts have only seen her cloaked figure from a distance, so we have no idea where she goes the rest of the time. Probs rotating to the other bases," the man spat out as fast as he could, hoping that he could get away more quickly.

"My next target is this boss person, huh? So, where's this base of yours?" Lilith asked, waving a wrist. The vines unraveled from around the men, allowing them to stand on their own.

"A couple miles northwest, near a river with a whole buncha reeds in it," the man replied uncertainly, not completely believing that she would release them so easily.

"Gotcha. Well, you guys can leave the area now," Lilith dismissed them, waving a hand nonchalantly. The men scrambled away, shoving each other out of the way in their haste to get away from the sadistic female.

"Are you sure, Lily?" Venti asked, tilting his head and placing a finger on his lips. "Wouldn't it be less of a hassle to deal with them later if you just kill them now?"

"Aw, who's the lil' one who became a bloodthirsty bugger in the time I was gone?" Lilith cackled, patting Venti's head. "Well, I did say that they could leave the area, and I can't really break my word, right?" She stared at the fleeing men, an unreadable expression on her face. "I think this distance counts as leaving the area, right?" she muttered to herself, and Venti looked questioningly at her. Lilith glanced at him in return, a smirk curling onto her lip. "Well, I kept my promise; they've left the area. I'm such a good person, aren't I? Too bad they weren't," she snarled, snapping her fingers. Screams echoed into the air as rock spikes sprang out of the ground, shish kebabing the fleeing men. "And I even gave them a chance to live," she sighed, shaking her head.