A Hero's Blessing On This Won...

By PhoenixTMC

Kieran Williams, technically once a streamer, ended up dying due to him lacking sleep. Being Isekai'd into a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Reincarnation
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Axel
Chapter 3 - Attempting a Kill Quest
Chapter 4 - Settling in at the Terāzu Inn
Chapter 5 - Forming a Party & 2 Weeks Training
Chapter 6 - The Witch of Calamity
Chapter 7 - An Expedition
Chapter 8 - A Dullahan Appears!
Chapter 9 - Some Catching Up & A Strange Communication
Chapter 10 - Following Along For A Purification Quest
Chapter 11 - The Dullahan Returns!
Chapter 13 - The Return of a Phoenix Along With Some New Friends
Chapter 14 - The Figure Cloaked In Darkness
Chapter 15 - An Un-Cleansable Curse!? & Omega Alpha
Chapter 16 - Confronting One's Demons

Chapter 12 - Phantom VS General Verdia

118 4 0
By PhoenixTMC

Phantom stood there, eyeing down Verdia as she was ready for anything. Kazuma was surprised to see her here since he wasn't expecting her to show up since Kieran was supposed to be busy today. Megumin was looking at this, surprised at how Phantom managed to save Darkness. Darkness was wide eyed as she was saved by Phantom. Aqua was amazed by the fact that Phantom actually came considering that she was supposed to be busy with other things, but she randomly remembered something since she did look through Kieran's history, even if it was quick before the summoning.

Kazuma: "Phantom...?"

Phantom: "I advise you to get your Crusader out of here. I will be facing this Dullahan from here on out."

Kazuma: "But you can't face him! He is incredibly powerful and-"

Phantom: "I said leave him to me Kazuma. Do what I say. I ain't asking you again."

Kazuma: "But-"

Phantom: "Kazuma!"

Phantom's authority tone managed to shut Kazuma up as he got the idea, managing to get Darkness to her feet as they began to back off. Verdia was honestly interested in Phantom as she displayed one of control.

Verdia: "Phantom was it? I've taken down each of your allies one by one. What makes you think that you could stand a chance girl?"

Phantom: "I couldn't just simply sit back and accept the slaughter that was occurring. Is it wrong to defend those you care about?"

Verdia: "I will admit, it isn't. However, the end results will be the same."

Phantom: "So you're willing to fight me one on one? You mentioned that you were a knight once right? A spec of honour at least exists in you, and that makes things easier on both of us."

Verdia: "Oh? And how so?"

Phantom: "At least no one can interfere our duel. Care for a dance, General Verdia?"

Phantom then got into her position as she was ready to fight. Her eyes were filled with determination, yet Verdia laughed a little.

Verdia: "Listen here Phantom, this isn't a dance, this is a fight to the death. I ain't going to play around with girls like you."

Phantom then immediately charged forward, appearing in front of him at amazing speeds, forcing him to block as she was attacking with swift precision with each of her blades. She was keeping up an aggression as he couldn't counter at all until he was able to attack with a downward swing.

Yet as the attack went towards her, she easily side stepped the attack, making the attack crash into the ground as Verdia was surprised. Yet she didn't let up as she went for multiple swift attacks into his armour chest plate, leaving scratch marks. Yet afterwards, she leapt onto the chestplate, backflipping away as she then charged forward again, landing an attack in a X-formation.

Phantom: "Phantom Dance: Eagles' Cross!"

The attack knocked Verdia back a bit as he had to recover his posture, being surprised and amazed by Phantom's skill, even if she isn't doing much damage to him. 

Verdia: "I will admit, you got some skill Phantom. However you do no damage to me whatsoever!"

Phantom: "That doesn't matter to me. I've learnt that I am faster than you."

Verdia: "Is that arrogance I hear?"

Phantom: "No. I've made a promise before, broken it, and I intend to forge it again. To start it again, I will face you head on!"

Phantom was determined as she kept a neutral expression, narrowing her eyes as she was eyeing Verdia's posture and actions. 

Verdia: "I see, you have a broken honour huh? I might as well break you!"

Verdia then charged forward towards Phantom as she relaxed her posture, making it look like she isn't going to do anything. Yet when he went in for an attack, she simply stepped back, dodging with ease. He was confused on how she was able to dodge his attack as he then began to attack faster in hopes of actually hitting her. 

However, each attack he dished out, she was able to simply dodge. Each step was light and quick, like she was stepping on the dance floor. She was seeing a rhythm in his attacks as he couldn't land a single strike. She even had to leap over some of the attacks that aimed low, even cartwheel over some, showing her agility and flexibility. 

Everyone else was surprised by how fast Phantom was, especially Kazuma as he didn't know that Phantom improved this much. 

Verdia: "Why can't I hit you!?"

Verdia was clearly getting pissed off as he couldn't land a single hit as Phantom now had to duck some overhead attacks as well, though she was clearly dodging with ease. However when he tried a heavy swing, she dodged it and began to spin around in a majestic form as she used both of her blades to connect into Verdia's chest plate. When it made contact, a Wind Magic pressure began to release in a spiral that spun around like a miniature tornado as Verdia was sent back, falling onto his back as she landed gracefully on her feet.

She waited for Verdia to get back up to his feet, he was confused on what was going on, because so far, no one here has been able to give him a challenge besides Phantom now.

Verdia: "How...? How can a low level Adventurer like you be able to keep up with me...?"

Phantom: "It ain't my fault that you can't keep up with my dance. You would make a terrible dance partner you know?"

Verdia: "You dare taunt me!?"

Phantom: "Not my fault you are easy to taunt."

Verdia: "You wretch!"

While their fight was going to continue, Aqua then just remembered something as since she had to go into things, she realized why Kieran/Phantom was acting this way. As she was trying to wrack her brain a bit, she remembered a bit about Kieran's past.

[Flashback]

Aqua was sitting in her usual seat as she was sitting in silence, enjoying the peace and quiet as she sighed in comfort.

Aqua: "It feels great with this peace and quiet. Though there hasn't been many this time around... It is a bit boring, but what more can you do~?"

She then suddenly felt a strange presence in the air as she sat up, sweating a little as it kind of felt familiar, making her look around, frantically trying to pinpoint where it's coming from.

Aqua: "W-Who's there!?"

Suddenly a bright upside down yellow triangle appeared as it was strange ripples of reality splitting at times, though a figure came on through and Aqua recognized her immediately. A particular being that was either created by Gods or someone who is on the same level as them, a being that could travel between the different worlds and confront the Gods. Her hair being a white colour and her eyes being a golden colour. 

Aqua: "O-O-Omega!?"

The portal behind the being known as Omega closed as she stared at Aqua with a neutral expression.

Omega: "Relax Goddess of Water. I am not here to cause trouble. After all, I've been completing some of your reincarnation work for you at times."

Aqua: "Y-You have!?"

Omega: "You made that deal to me before. Don't you remember Goddess of Water?"

Aqua: "I..."

She then stopped, thinking about it as she did remember the promise she made, making her sigh as she relaxed herself a bit.

Aqua: "You're right... Sorry about that Omega."

Omega: "All is forgiven Goddess of Water."

Aqua: "Also can you stop calling me that? I get that is my title and I enjoy being reminded of my duties, but you can just call me Aqua."

Omega: "Calling others by their true names isn't one I am accustomed to. However I will let it slide, Aqua."

Aqua: "Thanks... Though why're you here then?"

Omega: "You see, there's a being back on Earth that you might encounter."

Aqua: "Huh? What are you on about now?"

Omega: "The reincarnation process, when ones pass on. I am offering a new power to those who are willing to take an entirely different.... System."

Aqua: "System? Why are you offering me this?"

Omega: "I am merely giving Humans a chance. I don't care for them as they aren't my responsibility. Their choices, their rules. I don't govern them or force them what to do. However I know there will be someone that will arrive to take the System and utilize it. And now, I think the System has chosen its user."

Aqua: "S-Seriously!? Who?"

Omega: "One individual named Kieran Williams. It seems to have already kicked in the process, so I expect you to give it to him. He should soon arrive to this Afterlife."

Omega then lifted her hand as she created an orb with a strange prism inside that emulated multiple colours. Aqua was amazed by this spectacle as she couldn't help but get close to it.

Aqua: "Is this the System...?"

Omega: "Yes. Look even closer and you'll see your answers."

Aqua at first was a bit suspicious about that comment as she then looked into the System Prism, yet her vision then changed into seeing Kieran Williams who is currently walking from a particular anime convention. Yet when she managed to regain her vision, she blinked and rubbed her eyes a few times, only to see that Omega was gone.

Aqua: "W-What the...? Omega!? Where in the Afterlife did you go!?"

She looked around, only to no avail as she sighed.

[Flashback End]

Aqua remembered that memory as she also remembered about Kieran's past. As far as she knows, Kieran was but a simple young adult. He wasn't impressive by any means, but then it hit her. She remembered the harsh things that Kieran had done as well, the negative side of him as she fell to her knees, confusing Kazuma.

Kazuma: "Aqua? What's wrong now?"

She didn't respond as her head was hurting a bit, whether it be because of her meeting with Omega before she met Kazuma and Kieran, or simply because it felt like she forgot. It was starting to click together, this System Prism targeted Kieran as a host, and Aqua gave him it unknowingly to Kieran as she does remember telling him that it wouldn't be what he expected. 

Aqua: "I can't believe it..."

Kazuma: "Can't believe what? Explain Aqua!"

Once Aqua managed to get to her feet, she saw Phantom fighting Verdia as she was still dodging his attacks, but managing to land attacks of her own that was very precise while also side stepping each counter he was throwing.

Aqua: "Kieran's power.... Is because of her..."

Kazuma: "You still ain't making sense!"

Aqua: "Kazuma, you're aware that I allowed you to pick anything you wanted to have or take with you to this world right?"

Kazuma: "Yeah, and?"

Aqua: "What I gave Kieran... He has the System Prism."

Kazuma: "System Prism? I hate that sounds overpowered, but what the hell is it!?"

Aqua: "I don't know... She never went into specifics. Though the reason I gave it to him was because it chose him..."

Luckily while she was explaining this, Darkness was too focused on the fight while Megumin was a bit out cold.

Kazuma: "Chose him? What do you mean?"

Aqua: "I wasn't sure up until now. The reason why Kieran acts the way he does, his actions... He's currently feeling guilt and regret..."

Kazuma: "If he's feeling that, then what does this have to do with his power right now!?"

Aqua: "It was attracted to him and it became his core, his heart. It constantly amplifies his emotions and if he is acting this way right now, it means that there's more to his past that he is hiding...."

Kazuma: "You know, I would prefer it if you just explained better..."

Aqua: "Hey! I'm trying to explain to you! You shut-in NEET!"

Back with the fight with Phantom and Verdia, it was clear that Verdia couldn't land a single hit no matter how hard he tried. Once she managed to get a bit away, she stood there, spinning the blade in her right hand a bit.

Phantom: "You're quite terrible at this dance. As much as I want to help you, you would easily win because of it."

Verdia: "You're mocking me aren't you!?"

Phantom: "I'm not. I'm merely stating the facts. Besides, you mocked the Adventurers who just want a peaceful life around here, so what makes you different from me?"

Verdia: "What the hell are you on about you wretch!?"

Phantom: "You were a good doer, a knight who was respectful towards his own people right?"

Verdia didn't respond as he was listening to what she had to say.

Phantom: "Where I'm from, I was once a good doer myself. I honestly thought I could make a difference, but I've learnt that I was just weak, pathetic even. I was powerless to save the one person that knew me best, the one I loved the most. I doubt that you would understand familial bonds since you're an Undead, but when you lose something, it rips a hole into your chest, killing off your own Humanity. I became a manipulator, trying to fill the empty void, living life the way I thought was best. But no matter how hard I tried, I could never fix it. I was but a coward, I ran away from my problems. But no more..."

She then readied herself as her blades began to ignite.

Phantom: "I ain't running away this time! I can't fix the past, but I am willing to move on and atone for my actions!"

Phantom knew that she needed to do this, to prove herself that she isn't the same she used to be. Even if she is living this double life instead of the previous, she'll prove that she is a better person compared to then.

Phantom: "Phoenix Dance: Majestic Slash!"

She then slashed horizontally, sending out a slash of flames as Verdia dodged the attack, only for her to slash even more, releasing more slashes of flames. Some of them Verdia had to attack to disperse, to ensure that he didn't get hit. Though Phantom was suddenly in front of him, slashing to his side as she then slashed his other side from behind. Then appearing in front of him, to then slash with both of her blades in a sideways attack.

Phantom: "Phantom Dance: Tri-Force Slash!"

Verdia was confused on what he was supposed to do as she was somehow being able to do this well, even after suddenly increasing her over all speed and power. She then jumped onto the armour, jumping off as she put her two blades together, igniting them as she then charged it up, burning a brilliant light.

Phantom: "Phoenix Dance: Burning Whirlwind!"

She then slashed her blades together as it released a torrent of flames that surrounded Verdia, trapping him in a tornado of flames. He was burning in agony as it was clear that it was hurting him. So as Phantom landed on the ground, she ignited one of her blades one last time as this was the last time she could pull off a Skill.

Phantom: "Phoenix Dance: Majestic Slash!"

She then released a slash of flames that made contact, making the burning tornado explode as smoke and dust began to cover the area. Phantom was breathing lightly as she then fell to her one knee, panting as she overexerted herself. She looked on, knowing that this isn't over as Verdia walked out of the smoke with his singed armour still intact.

Phantom: "Damn it..."

Verdia: "Not bad. Not bad at all Phantom. I congratulate you on giving me a proper... dance. I think it's about time we end this!"

Verdia was already on top of her as he went in for an attack, she lifted her blades, crossing them together to try and block the attack. As the sword made contact with her blades, Phantom was forced into the ground, though she was still able to hold the sword away from her face as she made it miss and hit the ground, forcing her to roll out of the way and get back to her feet. 

From here onwards, it was one sided as Verdia kept attacking, though it was clear that he was tired out. Yet while fending off Verdia's attacks, Phantom looked to the side at one point, looking at Kazuma, making eye contact. Kazuma was confused at that moment, but he suddenly got the idea that Phantom wants him to do something, so he silently nodded his head as Phantom blocked an attack that sent her back onto her back, forcing her back to her feet.

Verdia: "You're quite stubborn aren't you? I guess it's about time I end you!"

He then suddenly threw his head into the air, making Phantom turn to Kazuma immediately.

Phantom: "Now Kazuma!"

Kazuma then got the signal as he used his technique, though the only reason Phantom knew about this was because of Kiara.

Kazuma: "Steal!"

A bright light enveloped the field as then suddenly, Verdia's head wasn't in the air, only to be in Kazuma's hands. Phantom then finally fell to her one knee, slightly exhausted, even though she wasn't heavily injured luckily enough. Yet she then heard something coming from Kazuma as he decided to turn to the other Adventurers.

Kazuma: "Hey everyone! Want me to show you how to play soccer!?"

Verdia: "S-Soccer!?"

Kazuma: "Yeah, and you're going to hate it."

Kazuma then kicked Verdia's head towards everyone else as he explained how to do it, which the Adventurers seemed to have gone along with it. Yet this went on for a bit of time, allowing Phantom to get back up to her feet, sighing as she de-summons her swords. She closed her eyes, trying to relax herself as she feels a bit refreshed after letting out her pent-up frustration, in a more... productive manner.

Darkness: "He's so weak that he's harmless now. Let us send him on his way."

Kazuma: "You got it. Hey Aqua!"

Aqua: "Is everyone ready?"

She then suddenly called her staff as it flew towards her, grabbing it as pink ribbons began to become part of her attire. She then aimed at Verdia's body as she begins to cast her Spell.

Aqua: "Sacred Turn Undead!"

Verdia's body was then surrounded by the same Spell that Aqua used earlier as Verdia's head was too thrown in it. Soon enough, Verdia was no more, leading to the victory of Axel's fight against Verdia, one of the Devil King's Generals. Phantom sighed as she opened her eyes, looking at the sky that was clearing up to reveal it's light blue beauty.

She then began to walk back to the main gate, ignoring everyone as she walked off. Aqua then walked up to Kazuma looking worried.

Aqua: "Are we going to tell her?"

Kazuma: "What? I thought you were going to tell her. Aren't you the one that gave it to her?"

Aqua: "Well yeah but... I think it might be best if we don't. She seems to be going through a lot of things and by her point of view, we might end up getting in her way. So we should only talk to her or help her when she needs it."

Aqua was genuinely smiling, while looking up at the sky. Of course she is happy with the victory they just had, defeating one of the Devil King's Generals, but she is also happy about something else. She then said her next words under her breath, making it hard for anyone else to hear it.

Aqua: "Thank you, Omega."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

870K 40.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
44.1K 849 10
Tatsumi survived the revolution and was tasked with hunting down all of the Teigu, but he ends up being summoned to precipitate in a grand holy grail...
65K 1.6K 9
What will happen if Luffy suddenly turned into a Totally Adorable and Cute girl ? Fem!Luffy x Harem Find out in this STORY
47.6K 1.1K 25
The Miraculous have always existed, created at the beginning of the universe. Each Miraculous was created when a new something came into existence...