Thy Will, Not Mine

By Loving_Christ

Destiny, a sweet, innocent, and devoted Christian, moves from her home country to a new land, expecting both... More

A/N
Chapter {1} Destiny
Chapter {2} Destiny
Chapter {3} Antonio
Chapter {4} Destiny
Chapter {5} Destiny
Chapter {6} Antonio
Chapter {7} Destiny
Chapter {8} Destiny
Chapter {9} Antonio
Chapter {10} Destiny
Chapter {11} Destiny
Chapter {12} Antonio
Chapter {13} Destiny
Chapter {14} Destiny
Chapter {15} Antonio
Chapter {16} Destiny
Chapter {17} Destiny 𝙲𝚑𝚛𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚜 𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗
Chapter {18} Antonio
Chapter {19} Destiny
Chapter {20} Destiny
Chapter {21} Antonio
Chapter {22} Destiny
Chapter {23} Destiny
Chapter {24} Antonio
Chapter {25} Destiny
Chapter {26} Destiny
Chapter {27} Antonio
Chapter {28} Destiny
Chapter {29} Destiny
Chapter {30} Antonio
Chapter {31} Destiny
Chapter {32} Destiny
Chapter {33} Antonio
Chapter {34} Destiny
Chapter {35} Destiny
Chapter {36} Antonio
Chapter {37} Destiny
Chapter {38} Destiny
Chapter {39} Antonio
Chapter {41} Destiny
Chapter {42} Antonio
Chapter {43} Destiny
Chapter {44} Destiny
Chapter {45} Antonio
Chapter {46} Antonio
Chapter {47} Destiny
Chapter {48} Antonio
Chapter {49} Antonio
Chapter {50} Destiny
Chapter {51} Antonio

Chapter {40} Destiny

333 25 18
By Loving_Christ

"Destiny, I would like to apologize sincerely. I realize now that it was inappropriate for me to suggest that Antonio was capable of such actions," Thato expressed her regret, acknowledging the negative impact it had on the joyful atmosphere we had experienced while spending the evening with Nio.

"It's alright," I responded, gently moving past her to make my way to my bedroom.

"No, it's not. I genuinely feel sorry, okay?" Thato positioned herself in front of me and embraced me in a warm hug.

"I forgive you," I lovingly patted her back as she pulled away, looking at me with a small smile on her face.

"Now, tell me all about your date night," Thato curiously inquired, while I deliberated whether or not to confide in her, still having reservations.

"Well, it was like a dream come true. Nio was an absolute gentleman. He made me experience emotions I had never felt before, and we didn't cross any boundaries. We were simply holding hands because I believed that was as far as I wanted to go, as it is written in Hebrews 13:4 that marriage should be respected by all, and the marriage bed should remain pure. God will judge those who engage in sexual immorality and adultery, and Nio respected my decision."

"Wow!" exclaimed Thato, motioning for me to join her on the couch. "You have to tell me every detail, I mean every single thing about this enchanting date of yours!"

And just like that, my exhaustion disappeared, and I eagerly shared with my best friend the story of my true love and how incredibly chivalrous he had been throughout the evening.

****

I carefully gathered my voluminous hair into a stylish puff, standing before the full-length mirror to admire my reflection. Today, I had put extra effort into my appearance, solely intending to impress Nio. You see, Nio was accustomed to dating people like Samantha, who had a penchant for revealing outfits that left little to the imagination. In an attempt to capture Nio's attention, I opted for a short leather skirt that reached my thighs, paired with a neatly tucked long-sleeved turtleneck tee and black-and-white sneakers.

Despite looking undeniably great, I couldn't shake off the lack of confidence and discomfort that plagued me. I found myself incessantly adjusting the ends of my skirt, a sensation of unease washing over me as I gazed at my reflection. It occurred to me that this was the first time I had worn such revealing attire since I had been saved and baptized. Perhaps that explained my inner conflict.

However, as I cast one final glance at my reflection, a surge of determination coursed through me. I mustered a smile, reminding myself of the person I was putting forth all this effort for—Nio, the person I loved. Fueled by that sentiment, I left my room, bag in hand.

Suddenly, an abrupt realization struck me—I hadn't yet read my Bible. I contemplated whether I should turn back and read it now or postpone it until my return from campus. Ultimately, I chose the latter option, reasoning that I had already prayed, and the Bible wasn't going anywhere. It would patiently await my attention precisely where I had left it.

Upon entering the kitchen, a clinking sound interrupted the silence as Thato glanced up at me, clearly taken aback. "Girl, what are you wearing?" she blurted out, causing my self-consciousness to intensify as I peered down at my chosen ensemble.

"Please, have a seat," she instructed, and I complied, mentally preparing myself for a heartfelt lecture.

"Des, you look stunning right now, but this outfit doesn't truly reflect who you are. You can exude beauty and confidence while wearing a longer, more modest skirt. Remember that you are gorgeous, and, above all, you are a child of God. Didn't you once say that we should glorify the Lord in all that we do? You emphasized that our bodies are temples of the Lord, and we should allow Him to dwell within us. But how can we achieve that if our bodies aren't sanctified and righteous?"

I listened attentively to Thato's words, recognizing the wisdom in her perspective. Yet, within me, a battle raged between my fleshly desires and my spiritual convictions. Thus far, it seemed as though my flesh was winning the struggle, overpowering the voice of my spirit.

"But I want to look good, to feel good, and," I whispered hesitantly, "to impress Nio."

Thato rolled her eyes in exasperation. "I should have known that this whole ordeal was about Antonio. Don't get me wrong, he's a great person, but is he truly worth compromising your morals and standards for?"

Her question gave me pause, forcing me to reflect deeply. Was it wrong of me to prioritize impressing Nio and feeling good about myself?

"Thato, it's just a skirt," I finally responded. "Besides, you wear short outfits too."

Thato sighed wearily. "Fine, if you insist and genuinely feel comfortable, I suppose it's your decision."

I wanted to express my discomfort more explicitly, but I settled for remaining silent, holding my thoughts to myself.

****

"Did I tell you how hot you look today?" Nio asked for the fifth time, yes I was counting. The entire time his eyes were glued to mine and I had to admit that I enjoyed the attention I was receiving from him.

"Nio," I blushed slightly as he complimented my appearance for the fifth time, his eyes locked with mine. I couldn't deny that I was enjoying the attention from him.

"Yes, you did," I replied, adjusting the ends of my skirt. We walked hand-in-hand into Mr. Heywood's classroom. As soon as we entered, some boys whistled at me, their gazes filled with lust. However, a single stern look from Nio made them quickly retreat to their seats. Some girls stared at me enviously, clearly wishing they were in my position. But that was something they could never have.

Being the gentleman that he was, Nio pulled out a chair for me and helped me take a seat, keeping a watchful eye on me.

"Amore, yesterday you said you didn't want to do anything beyond holding hands. You were even hesitant to cuddle with me on the couch while we watched the movie. Why is that?" Nio asked, curiosity evident in his voice.

I should have expected this question to come up. After all, Nio was someone who valued physical affection, and I couldn't provide that to him.

"Nio," I looked into his grey eyes, knowing that his undivided attention was on me. "I believe in waiting for sexual intimacy until after marriage. It's a personal belief of mine, and I limit the amount of physical contact we have because of it."

I watched as his eyes, once fixed on me, wandered around the classroom in apparent perplexity. Even after all these months together, I still struggled to decipher his emotions, as he often kept his feelings guarded. But now, his dull eyes seemed to come alive with a mix of emotions.

"Amore, are you saying that in order for us to take our relationship to that level, we should have been married first?" He asked, taking a deep breath.

I hadn't anticipated that this news would affect him so deeply.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" he questioned, his words carrying a hint of offence or guilt. I didn't know which.

"I thought you knew, Nio. I am a born-again Christian, and you knew that when you entered into a relationship with me, you were accepting my faith and its principles," I explained, feeling the need to defend myself as he regarded me thoughtfully.

"Am I supposed to be a mind-reader, magically knowing your thoughts on this topic? Or was I supposed to play a guessing game to understand your stance?" Nio suddenly burst out, drawing unnecessary attention to us as he questioned my morals and standards.

"So, you're blaming me for having faith? You knew me and my beliefs before you loved me, Nio. I didn't hide anything from you. You knew where I stood on matters of faith, and you knew what you were getting yourself into," I said, abruptly standing up and preparing to leave the classroom.

Even as Mr. Heywoods was about to say something, Nio quickly came up behind me, and his presence seemed to intimidate Mr. Heywoods into silence. He walked back into the classroom without uttering a word.

This gave me the chance to leave, but before I could do so, Nio gently pulled me aside, despite my initial resistance, and pulled me into a loving embrace, his hand soothingly rubbing my back. This was the second time we had hugged, and I cherished every moment of it. His scent of sandalwood and spices enveloped me, instantly dissipating my anger and filling me with a sense of joy.

"I'm sorry for what I said, amore. I wasn't thinking. I will marry you soon, and it will be the most extravagant wedding in the world, I promise," he whispered into my hair.

Suddenly, a thought crossed my mind. "How can I become your wife if you haven't even asked me to be your girlfriend?"

He pulled away from our embrace, took my hands in his, and looked me directly in the eyes. "Destiny, would you do me the honour of becoming my girlfriend?"

"Hmm," I pretended to ponder for a moment, relishing in the suspense. He started fidgeting with our hands, clearly anxious for my response.

"Yes, I would like to be your girlfriend," I finally said, and in an instant, he pulled me close, twirling me around as the sound of my laughter filled the hallway.

*****

Romans 12:2  Do not be conformed to this present world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may test and approve what is the will of God – what is good and well-pleasing and perfect.

Was the only verse I read before being lulled into a deep slumber

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 11.1K 35
Delilah Jackson is a 22 year old teacher in 1935 Brooklyn, New York who's finally on her own. Life seems to be routine, until the mailman puts someon...
247K 10.4K 23
****RE UPLOAD/NOT EDITED***** Book 2 Boy meets Girl. Girl falls for Boy. Boy and Girl get married. Or So It Went. Sequel to And So It Goes. He was...
62.7K 1.3K 34
Hi guys my name is dakayla and usually I'm reading stories on here but something inspired me to make my own book so be free to tell me what you think...
370K 12.7K 34
With marrying Tina a couple of years ago, Ben's life blossomed into a dream. A strong woman and three kids later, his mother still feels otherwise...