Always

By EimearNCheallaigh

Follow the Bronze-Walsh family through their ups and downs More

Introduction
Good morning
Arrivals
Catch ups
Team quiz
Pretending
Stuck
Worry
Ours
Opposite
Camp 2
Squad Announcement
3-0
Break
Bad dream
Not fair
Quiet
Netherlands 🇳🇱
Calm down
Explore
Nickname
Match day -1
Trust
Remember
Jersey
Talk
Bracelet
Instagram 📸
New
Help
Explain
Strangers
Hug
Ready
Photo
Breathe
Delight
Recovery
Mum
Club
Conversation
Wish
Noise
Maybe
Certain
Relax
Medicine
Comfortable
Convince
Goofy
Magician
Deal
Gorgeous
News
Smile
Idea
Surprise
Excited
Envelope
Happiness
Miss
Laugh
Oi !
Wriggly
Cake
Birthday girl
Birthday Instagrams
24
Bring football home
Champagne
Rough
Granddaughter

Cries

1.7K 57 0
By EimearNCheallaigh

Keira's POV:

I woke up to Leah gently shaking me awake.  I looked out the window to see that we were pulling up to the Lensbury, where we were gonna be staying during the tournament.   I turned around to see Charlie awake chatting to Lucy, and Elleã who was playing hide and seek with her blanket.  I smiled gently as Lucy looked over at me.  

As soon as the bus stopped Jill, Millie and Rachel came racing down the aisle, trying to get off the bus first.  I turned to Leah and said "I always thought Elleã was the youngest, but obviously not", anyone around us who heard what I had said chuckled, causing Rach who was the last of the three off the bus to turn around and ask "what's funny ?",  "oh, nothing, nothing", Alex replied, still chuckling and patted Rachel's shoulder as she got off the bus.   

As we all slowly got off the bus, I played hide and seek with Elleã who was in Lucy's arms, while she hid herself under her blanket, giggling.   I grabbed mine and Lucy's suitcase, while Charlie grabbed hers and Elleã's and we both wheeled them into the hotel reception.   As everyone was gathered in the hotel reception, a staff member called out loudly for silence.  We all turned to look at them, and I watched from the corner of my eye as Lucy tried to quieten Elleã who had started crying, trying to reach out to me.  It was a bit upsetting to watch her crying, only wanting me to hold her, but I couldn't because I still wasn't feeling good, and I didn't want to get her sick.  I continued watching as Lucy tried to calm her down, in attempts to hear the staff member, telling us about the schedule.  It soon got too much for me and I grabbed a face mask and put it on, before making my way over to Lucy and taking the crying Elleã out of her arms, she instantly started to calm down, with some whimpers and cries here and there, while she clung to me.  Lucy looked over and quietly said "Kei, I thought you didn't want to get her sick",  "I couldn't keep listening to her cry, just because she wanted me, it'll be ok, let's just listen now", I replied quietly.  Lucy nodded her head and turned to listen to the staff member, who seemed to be wrapping up and had started calling out that the rooms were single rooms, so everyone had their own room.  I looked at Lucy at the mention of single rooms, knowing Elleã wouldn't do well with that, and to be honest neither would I.  I had gotten used to sleeping next to Lucy and more often than not, since Elleã was born, having her in the bed with us.  Lucy just rubbed circles on my shoulder, whispering "I'll sort it out, don't worry".  I nodded knowing Lucy would definitely sort everything out, like she usually would, whenever there was a problem. 

As I stood, swaying Elleã in my arms, Charlie came trudging slowly over to me, then leaned into me, hiding her face in my chest and wrapping her arms around me.  "Kei", I heard her mumble.  "Yeah ?", I quietly said back.  I looked down as she looked up at me, waiting for her to answer.  "I don't want my own room, I want to sleep with you, Ellie and Mum", Charlie quietly said, looking up at me nervously.  I quickly looked around before spotting a chair I could sit down on.  I took Charlie's hand and left our luggage in its spot, knowing no one would take it, and led Charlie over to the chair.  I sat down, fixing Elleã in my arms, thankful she had stopped crying and was just playing with my hoodie strings.  Charlie then looked down at me, before propping herself on my knee.  "Don't worry Charlie, Mum has gone to sort it out, you don't have your own room if you don't want it, but can I ask you something ?", Charlie looked over at me and nodded her head slowly, before taking one of my hands and playing with my fingers, trying to distract herself.  "You know when we're at home, you have your own room there, don't you want to have your own space from Elleã now ?", I gently asked her.  She continued to fiddle with my fingers before looking up at me, and that's when I saw tears brimming in her eyes, waiting to fall.  I took my hand from her and pulled her closer to me, I rubbed my hand up and down her back, giving her the opportunity to tell me what was wrong if she wanted to.  "I had a nightmare last night, about the visit", Charlie muttered quietly.  "It's not fair Kei, I don't want to go with them, I want to stay with you and Mum", Charlie started to cry, shoving her head into the crook of my neck.  I continued rubbing my hand up and down her back, and whispered "all me and mum want is for you to stay with us, and mums lawyer is doing everything he can do to make sure that that's what happens.  I know it's not fair Charlie".  I then watched as Elleã looked over at Charlie and then reached her tiny baby hand over to wipe Charlie's tears away, as gently as she could.  She then looked up at me, before snuggling back into the other side of my neck.  I pressed a gentle kiss to the top of Charlie and Elleã's head, even with my mask still on. 

We all sat there waiting for Lucy to come back, which she did about 5 minutes later.  She walked over to us and looked down at me concerned.  I leaned my head down and whispered to Charlie, "Mums here", Charlie looked up and got off my knee and wrapped her arms around Lucy. Lucy immediately wrapped her arms around Charlie's shoulders, holding her tightly in a hug. "I got the rooms sorted, we're in a family room, with two double beds, so we're all in a room together", Lucy said.  I nodded my head and stood up and leaned in quickly to give Lucy a quick kiss and a "thank you". Lucy hummed and then looked down at Charlie who was still hugging her,  "Charlie, can you help me with the bags ?",  Charlie nodded her head and then stepped away from the hug and went over to grab hers and Elleã's suitcases.  Me and Lucy followed and I grabbed Elleã's stroller while Lucy grabbed mine and hers suitcases,  and we all headed towards the lifts and headed up to the 4th floor, where our room was.  "4, like mama", Elleã said loudly, beaming up at me, proud of herself for remembering that my England number was 4.  "Yeah, just like mama's number", Lucy replied smiling over at Elleã, who clapped her hands in delight.

Once we were in our room, Charlie immediately claimed one of the double beds, as her own. I sat at the head of the other bed with Elleã in my arms. I picked Elleã's blanket up and covered her face with it, which she immediately giggled and pulled it off, I continued to pull it over her head, causing her to laugh, making me smile. Charlie then came over to join us in the bed and leaned against me. Lucy was in the bathroom when Charlie piped up "Kei", "yeah", I replied, still playing with Elleã and the blanket. "You know after the Euros", "mmm", I hummed in response. "Can we go on holiday ?", Charlie asked me, producing the puppy eyes. I chuckled and said "I don't know, wait till Mum comes back and you can ask her", "ok", Charlie replied.

As soon as Lucy came out of the bathroom, Charlie asked her about the holiday. Lucy looked at me and I just said "I told her to ask you", Lucy just nodded her head and then stood next to me and answered Charlie's pesters "maybe we will, maybe we won't", "Muuummm, that's not a proper answer", Charlie whined back, Lucy and I just laughed and then Lucy answered again "I don't know Charlie, we'll have to see, ok ?", Charlie nodded her head and then climbed off the bed and announced "it's dinner time". I looked up at Lucy and asked "could you grab Elleã's pj's ?", Lucy nodded and went over to Elleã's suitcase and opened it and grabbed her pjs, which Charlie immediately went and got into hers. I changed Elleã into her pjs and picked her back up. She was already starting to get tired, so she snuggled into my chest, clutching her blanket tightly in her hand. I signalled to Lucy to grab her bottle and then we all headed down for dinner.

I stood in the queue with Leah behind me and Lucy in front of me. Leah and I were just chatting, when I felt Elleã tug on my shirt. I looked down at her and she quietly said "mama want nuggles", "yeah, I'll give you lots of snuggles when we've eaten dinner", I replied back, smiling gently down at her. She just nodded her head and then cuddled back into my chest. I looked in front of me to see that Lucy had picked up a tray and was currently in negotiations with Charlie as to why she couldn't just have chips for her dinner. I picked up a plate and started putting some food on it, before putting it on the tray and then grabbing a small plate and leaned down to Elleã and asked her "do you want broccoli or carrots ?", Elleã looked at the two vegetables and then pointed at the carrots. "I didn't think she'd really take a liking to the broccoli to be honest", Leah chuckled to me. I laughed and replied "yeah, especially coming from an extremely picky and plain eater, like yourself", Leah just nudged me and we continued to laugh. Once I'd finished making a plate for Elleã I put it onto the tray where I noticed Charlie and Lucy had come to agreements and there was other foods on Charlie's plate besides chips. I then waited for Leah and we both walked over to a table consisting of Georgia and Jill. Once Lucy and Charlie came over I grabbed mine and Elleã's plates and took off the mask I was still wearing. I turned to see that Lucy had grabbed a highchair and scooted it in next to me. I looked up at her and silently thanked her. I gently picked Elleã up and slotted her into the chair, fixing her blanket, and then putting her plate in front of her. Most of the food on her plate, she could pick up with her fingers except for the beans, which I spoon fed to her. Once I had finished spoon feeding her, I let her pick up her food herself and continued to eat my dinner.

When I was nearly finished, I noticed Elleã starting to get a bit fidgety and picked her back up out of the chair and held her in my arms, but that didn't seem to help her, so I quickly finished the last of my dinner and stood up, announcing I was going to make her a bottle and headed into the kitchen, apologising to the staff for bothering them. I quickly made Elleã a bottle and handed it to her, but before she started drinking it she said "nuggles ?", "yeah, one minute", I replied and headed to the chill room, where Lucy had texted saying they were there. I sat down next to Lucy and asked her to hold Elleã. "She wants snuggles, should I take her to the room ?", I asked Lucy, which Lucy replied "no, no one will mind if you do it here, we've all gotten changed in front of each other before, no one will care", I nodded and took of my shirt, just leaving me in a sports bra and Lucy handed me Elleã back. I moved her around a bit until I found a comfy position for both of us and then grabbed her blanket and wrapped it around us both.

From time to time Elleã still liked the skin on skin contact, so I would just take off my shirt and let her drink her bottle while snuggled against my chest.

While Elleã was drinking her bottle, I sat chatting to Leah and G about holidays trying to suss out what they were up to after the Euros. Lucy played basketball with Charlie, meaning we could freely talk about it without Charlie hearing and assuming that we were going on holiday.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.3K 48
WOSO ONESHOTS
177K 5.7K 38
For the Bronze-Walsh family, life seems perfect But will it stay like that for much longer? Follow Rosie, Lucy and Keira's journey as they continue t...
12.4K 441 9
Love of my life, would you lie?