Cruel Summer - Johnny Lawren...

By vampire_pete

I've always found life to be quite serendipitous, but this isn't exactly what I expected. Life was simple wo... More

Bette Davis Eyes
Private Eyes
Don't You (Forget About Me)
Eye of the Tiger
Hungry Eyes
Just What I Needed
Hit me with your best shot
Got My Mind Set On You
Dirty Work
State of Attraction
I Think We're Alone Now
Call Me!
Everybody Have Fun Tonight

Physical

272 5 11
By vampire_pete

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ears. An 80s station was playing.

I went through my routine, happy that my schedule was finally becoming more busy.

I smiled and gave myself a wink in the mirror.

I set off to the dojo early for training with Johnny.

I walked into the dojo, not seeing Johnny. I heard grunting sounds coming from somewhere. Maybe he's in his office.
I followed the sound to the back room which looked like a garage.
I walked closer to find Johnny dragging a big tire on a chain from one side of the room to the other.

Guns n Roses was playing.

When he got to the other side, he put down the chain and tire, and was surprised to see me.

"Hey." He nodded to me, grabbing a towel.

"Morning, Sensei." I smiled

"You ready to train?"

"I'm ready."

"Good. Warm up quick, you're gonna be pulling this tire."

I look at the massive tire and chain and look at how small I am in comparison.

"Me?"

"Yeah. What, you scared?"

"N-no. Excited actually."

"Really?" he looked unconvinced.

"What else does a girl want besides pulling a big tire?"

He raised an eyebrow at me.

"I'm gonna stretch over there." I awkwardly smiled.

"Good call."

I started to stretch in the dojo, getting warmed up and ready for my training. After a few minutes, Johnny put a cassette in his boombox.

"Alright Y/L/N lets go!"

I went to the back room and nervously picked up the chain attached to the tire.

"Remember what I said about striking first." He said. He was so close to me, and so much taller than me.

"Yes Sensei." My eyes quickly travelled from his eyes down to his lips back up to his eyes.

He cleared his throat and took a step back, turning up the music.

I snapped out of my thoughts and started to pull the tire. It was so heavy and physically taxing after a few rounds. Johnny had been encouraging enough, but there was something I wanted from him that motivated me more. Maybe if he saw me as strong, he might see me in a new light.

I pushed myself to keep pulling the tire until my arms and legs gave out.

Sighing I dropped to the floor slowly to my hands and knees.

"What, you give up in a fight? Is that how they do it in Alabama?"

"Oklahoma..." I grunted

"Quitting's for pussies! Try again."

I groaned, gathering myself up and grabbing the chain. I pulled the tire four times back and forth until Johnny stopped me.

"Hold on." he said.

He took the chain off of the tire and threw it to the side.

"Alright, try flipping the tire from the bottom up, like this." He said as he flipped the tire. I guess I could kiss my cheap manicure goodbye.

I flipped the tire several times with Johnny's coaching for the duration, while it wasn't all positive reinforcement, and rather just reiterating that quitting is for "pussies", it did keep me moving.

I flipped the tire once more before my body gave out, collapsing on top of the tire.

"ughhh" I groaned.

"Don't be a baby. If you're in pain that means you're getting stronger."

"Really?" I squeaked

"Yeah." he grabbed a water bottle and tossed it to me.

I managed to catch the bottle, and I rolled over, getting off of the tire. I drank most of the water quickly, feeling like it was my lifeline.

"I must be getting really strong." I said to myself. I got up and went back to flipping the tire. I never stopped, even when it was hard and I had to slow down, I didn't stop. Before I knew it, the training session was over.

I slung my bag over my sore shoulder and was too tired to even open the door.

Johnny came from behind, pushing the door open for me.

"Thanks, Sensei." I tiredly grinned

"You're welcome. Next session's gonna be tougher so get ready."

I could only manage to get out a little gasp and sigh and then I nodded. I was too tired to question it.

I walked to my car, feeling that my Buick was now a haven. I slumped in my seat, throwing my bag onto the passenger side.

I saw an incoming call and answered.

"Hey." I said.

"Y/n, how's it going?" I could always recognize this gentle, soothing voice.

"Its going good Daniel, how about you?"

"Good, just finishing up a few things at the dealership."

"Oh how exciting."

"Yeah not exactly a party over here. You sound tired."

"I am." I groaned "I just finished some training." I released a sigh

"With Johnny..."

"Yes. And I know he's not your favourite person to say the least but, I'm learning a lot and I think its good for me." I half grinned.

"I know. Karate is actually the reason for my call."

"Oh?"

"I've been thinking since you were over at the house and when we were in the backyard...It brought back a lot of memories of when I trained with Mr. Miyagi. He really helped me stay balanced, and I learned how to defend myself, using karate for good. All this is to say, I'd really like to teach you the Miyagi way."

"Really."

"Yes. I know that you're training with Johnny at Cobra Kai, and I don't want to get in the way of that. But Mr. Miyagi's way is worth learning. And," he paused

"And we've missed you coming by the house. I miss you being here."

"I've missed you too, Daniel. Let's do it." I didn't have to think about it. This will make Daniel happy and I did enjoy trying karate with him.

"Great. I've got a meeting in a few minutes, but we'll talk later?"

"We'll talk later. Ciao." I occasionally used an Italian word for something to Daniel, or an accent just to tease him.

He chuckled "Ciao."

Click.

I pulled out of the parking lot, blasting Taylor Swift's Speak Now (Taylor's Version).

I got home with an hour before my bar shift started, getting ready as I sang along to Taylor. I said goodbye to my cat Kramer and left for work.

I put my bag in the employee area, and put on my apron.
It was still slow so I took out my phone because my manager Terry wasn't around yet.

A text from Sam read:

Sam: Omg, Miguel asked me to be his gf! :))

Y/n: When?

Sam: Tonight! We went on a date to the movies to see Footloose, and after we were walking and he asked me ❤️

Y/n: Omg i'm so happy for you 🥹 you
guys are so cute together 💗

Sam: thank youuu 🤍 hope u get w
the guy u like 2 ;)

Y/n: Same here 😭 its tough tho

Sam: Why? also you never told me who it was lol

Y/n: well he's older than me and its in an environment that i should sorta
stay professional

Sam: do you work w him?

Y/n: no, but i just feel like some kid who has a crush on their teacher lol, maybe it'll pass

Sam: teacher?

Y/n: if i tell you swear you wont tell anyone

Sam: yeah i wont say anything

Y/n: i have a small crush on Johnny.

Sam: omgomgomgomgomgomg omggggg

Y/n: 😭 dude

Sam: i knew ittttt omg

Y/n: how??

Sam: when u guys were on the ferris wheel, there was def something there and now omg it makes sm sense what u told me in my room abt the guy u like

Y/n: ohh yeah lol & rlly, there was something there? like only from me or him too?

Sam: both of you, i def see it

Y/n: well idk bc he seems to keep things really, idk platonic or whatever, and i dont think he sees me that way :/

Sam: what makes you say that?

Y/n: well like if i do something flirty it seems fine and then he clears his throat or smth and
changes the subject, plus
he was at my place the other day

Sam: OMG WHAT HE WAS AT UR PLACE

Just then, my manager Terry came over.

"Hey, no dilly dallying! Start cutting some lemons and doing side work!" he said.

He was also from the south, but thats about as much as Terry and I had in common.

I texted Sam to let her know I couldn't talk.

Y/n: I'll tell you all abt it later,
manager is up my ass rn 😭 ttyl

Sam: omg can't wait ttyl!

I put my phone in my pocket and got back to work. At least I'd be working with Nicole tonight, it was always fun working with her.

———

Third person POV

———

Daniel got home a bit later than he planned, but there's nothing like spending time with family to make up for that.

Amanda was reading on the couch but the kids weren't in sight.

Daniel walked up to the kitchen counter, seeing that Sam had left her phone out.

Daniel picked it up, in hoping to return it to his daughter.

"Hey Sam, you left your phone.." He called out and then paused as he looked to see the messages left open on her phone. He was silent as he read.

He scrolled up for context.

Text from Y/n:

Y/n: I have a small crush on Johnny.

Sam: omgomgomgomgomgomg omgggg

Daniel felt heat rushing to his cheeks, and a sinking feeling. What he suspected as just a bit of flirty behaviour at the bar was actually a real crush. On Johnny. And she'd been training with him. Who knows what he does with her in that filthy dojo. And the way he said that he was her "Sensei" in such a smug way, like maybe he was insinuating something else.

Daniel frantically scrolled to read more, hoping this was some messed up joke.

"The ferris wheel?" Daniel said to himself
"What did they do on the ferris wheel?!" His eyes were now wide and he was desperate to find an answer.

He continued to read and almost lost it at one text in particular.

Sam: OMG HE WAS AT UR PLACE

He was at your place...

He thought.

Johnny was at Y/n's place... Johnny was at Y/n's place... Johnny was at Y/n's place. Alone.

Daniel's thoughts had already gotten the better of him and this only infuriated him more. He said he'd respect her training, but this was not just about Karate anymore.

Sam came out of her room into the main area to find Daniel at the counter reading something from her phone.

"Dad?" Sam sheepishly asked

He turned, containing his anger.

"Dad, what are you doing?"

"You left your phone here." He handed the phone to her. Sam looked to see that she had carelessly left her conversation with Y/n open. She looked up to see her father clenching his jaw, trying not to get upset.

"Dad, I just-"

"Sam. This better not get out of hand." he said sternly. Amanda came into the kitchen

"Whats going on?" she asked

Sam turned to her mother

"Dad was reading my messages!"

"No, no.." Daniel put out his hand to explain "You left your phone out, and I was going to tell you to come get it and I saw that the messages were open. But now, I see that what we're dealing with is very concerning."

Amanda looked worried "What is? Is something wrong, Sam did something happen?"

"No! It doesn't even have to do with me. I think Dad's overreacting because of some highschool rivalry from thirty years ago." Sam crossed her arms over her chest.

Amanda turned to her husband. "Daniel?"

"This is not only because of a high school rivalry. I know Johnny's type and I don't want him hanging around Y/N, causing problems for her."

"What, because she's training at Cobra Kai? I'm sure she can handle herself and won't let them bully her." Amanda reasoned

"We're not just talking about Cobra Kai. Johnny has been around more than that. This isn't right."

"Yeah, this isn't right. You really don't trust me or Y/N, and you have to snoop through my stuff. I'd say I can't believe you did this, but I can." Sam walked to her room slamming the door shut.

Amanda turned to Daniel who hung his head in shame.

Amanda sighed "I'm not sure what to say now Daniel."

"She shouldn't be with him." he said quietly.

"Maybe you're right, but she's an adult. We don't know anything as of yet."

"The messages.." he got closer and whispered

"Y/N says she has a crush on him. He has a lot of influence over her right now. And she said he was at her place." Daniel had to control his anger and voice as to not upset Sam.

"We don't know the context yet. It might be nothing. And crushes pass hun. I had crushes on my professors in college." Amanda smiled, making her way around the counter to get a drink.

"Oh really?"

"Yes, and guess what? Nothing happened. I was fine. It's just a crush." Amanda reassuringly rubbed Daniel's arm, kissed his cheek and took her drink to the living room.

"Its just a crush, it'll pass." Daniel thought to himself.

——————-

Author's note:

Did you like this chapter? Can you believe Daniel found out! Do you think this crush will pass?

Comment and vote if you'd like! :)
I love interacting with you guys!

xx.

———

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 100 12
Miguel's in a coma, you've quit karate, and you're relationship with hawk has gone down the drain as you switch to your brother's side. Can anything...
2K 181 10
𝒄𝒐𝒃𝒓𝒂 𝒌𝒂𝒊 𝒔𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏𝒔 𝟏-𝟔 ━━ ❝my creation, is it real? it's my creation, i do not know.❞ eli moskowitz x fem oc x demetri alexopoulos.
115K 2.9K 23
🥋⇒ Book 1/3 of The Karate Kid Series [IN PROGRESS] In September of 1984, Daniel LaRusso isn't too enthusiastic when he and his mother, Lucille, move...
438K 11.4K 157
"People lose their morals when they get to the top." ⭒ After her father's death, Zion moves to Reseda where she makes a new group of friends. Then, o...