To The Straight Path.

By _Minaaz_20

ALEX The name is enough to shiver down anyone. He is the defination of cruelty and known for his torture. The... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76.
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79
Chapter 80.
Chapter 81.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83.
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89.
Chapter 90.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93.
Chapter 94.

Chapter 27.

198 19 1
By _Minaaz_20

It was more than five hours and Alex's surgery wasn't done yet.

Unknowingly Eira slept on the chair, it was around 3 am in the morning. Her head was resting at the headboard of the bench and she was extremely tired.

Daniel was feeling so pity for her, for the first time he felt pity and worried for someone else.

With that the head surgeon of Alex came and talked about few details with Daniel and left from there.

He slowly went towards Eira.

"Eira." He called out to her with a calm and low voice.

There was no response from her.

"Eira." This time his voice a little loud to which she woke up in a jolt.

"Alex." The first word came out of her mouth, making Daniel to feel more pitiful.

"Eira."

She registered her surrounding and immediately sat straight, looking down at her hands.

"Alex's surgery was a success." He said softly.

"What? Really? Alhamdulillah. Where is he?" She got up from the seat feeling a little relieved.

"Relax relax. He is in intensive care for time being, you can meet him after they shift him to the room. Okay."

"Where is the doctor I want to talk to him."

"He was tired and went back, you can meet him tomorrow."

She closed her eyes and sat back on the bench with a thud.

"Shall I drop you back?"

She shook her head not looking at him.

"You are tired Eira go home you can come tomorrow."

"I'm not leaving him."

"He is not alone."

"Still."

"So stubborn." He mumbled under his breath and went from there.

She too stood up after few minutes and asked the nurse about rest room and request her to give a mask.

She went to the washroom and washed her hands, cleaning the blood on her hands. She looked at her face and slowly removed the hijab.

She washed her face few times and did her ablution. Her niqab was on the chair where she had dinner last night with Alex.

She wore the mask then her hijab back securing it with a pin. Her cheek still had the finger prints of yesterday's.

She went out and started offering her tahajjud prayers, asking Allah to save Alex.

Daniel came and stood on his place looking at her, he sat on the bench keeping the coffee and hot cake on the bench.

After few minutes she completed her prayers and sat back on the bench. There was a lot of distance between them.

"Here have something." He said softly referring to the cake and coffee.

She shook her head looking at the plain wall infront of her.

He sighed and slided it on the bench near her.

"I don't want."

"Why?"

"I don't trust you."

This made him chuckle and he shook his head.

"Fine, take the money and buy it yourself."

"Why are you doing this."

"Because Alex will beat the shit out of me if he finds out his wife is starving."

She looked at him for a second then took the cup and drank a sip.

They became silent again just sipping the coffee.

"Where is your phone?"

"On the table where we had dinner last night."

"What? What about your purse or card?"

"There only."

"Don't you worry about your things, what if they get stolen."

"What do you think I have to do, I should ask the ambulance driver to wait so that I can get back my things." She snapped back in anger.

"So it doesn't matter to you?"

"It doesn't."

Daniel was surprised listening her.

She drank the coffee and kept the cup on the side.

"You can go if you want to I am not a kid I can take care of myself."

"Do you trust him?" He totally changed the topic ignoring her previous statement.

"Who?"

"Alex."

"Yes."

"Were you ready to die yesterday if I wouldn't come on time."

"Yes."

"Why were you trying to save Alex?"

"Is this a question?"

"Yes."

"He is my husband." She replied in a duh tone.

"Isn't he your forced husband?"

"He is my husband forced or not."

"Why are you interrogating me ?" She asked in a cold voice looking at him with stern expressions.

He smirked and kept his hand in the air. She rolled her eyes and look infront of her.

Daniel smiled at her and kept quiet.

It was now around 10 am in the morning, Daniel was sleeping soundly laying on the bench and Eira was sitting with a lot of distance.

With that one of the nurse came.

"Excuse me, can I meet James Johnathan. Just for two minutes please."

"Mam we will shift him in the room after few minutes, you can stay with him how much you want. May I know your relation with him first?"

"I'm his wife."

"Okay sure, we will shift him in few minutes."

"Thank you." She replied softly sitting back on the bench.

As said they shift him to the room and she went inside. Looking at his state tears started to brim in her eyes.

She slowly took the steps towards him and sat on the chair beside his bed.

She gulped, her tears started flowing again but this time she let them flow.

"Alex." She slowly took his hand in hers and gently pecked the back of his hand keeping his hand on her cheek.

"Please wake up fast.. I can't see you like this... Please Alex." Her voice choked.

"Why did you save me taking all those bullets."

"I'm sorry Alex, I'll listen to you I'll not be stubborn I'll do as you say please just wake up fast."

She mumbled and kept her head on the bed holding his hand tightly.

Unknowingly she slept like that holding his hand tightly.

It was around 1 pm and Daniel came inside the room.

Alex looked at him and kept his index finger on his mouth saying him quietly not to talk.

Alex then looked back at Eira gently caressing her cheek with a smile.

Daniel was little furious looking at his bestfriend.

Eira stirred in her sleep and Alex acted to sleep making Daniel to roll his eyes.

She moved a little and woke up, her eyes landed straight on Alex making her smile slightly. She was unaware of Daniel's presence.

She gently caressed his cheek and brushed his hairs with her hand making it a little presentable.

Daniel fake coughed a little with a smirk and she flinched badly sitting straight.

She looked at him but immediately looked back at Alex blushing in embarrassment.

"I'm going out for work, here is some money don't worry it's Alex's. If you want I'll drop you back."

She shook her head not sparing a glance at him, she was embarrassed to even look at anyone.

"Don't be this embarrassed I haven't caught you two while kissing." Daniel said with a laugh making her eyes widen and she looked at him with shocked expression.

"Astagfirullah." She mumbled with a glare.

Daniel laughed and went out keeping some cash on the table.

"Ya Allah. Eww." She whispered to herself leaning her head on the bed beside Alex.

"Idiot Eira idiot." She scolded herself.

Alex was trying so hard not to laugh at her.

"Ahh..!! This is so embarrassing."

She was in her own world.

"It's your fault." She sat straight and said looking at Alex.

"Yes, it's your fault if you wouldn't look this nice I wouldn't admire you and nothing would happen. It's all your fault Alex."

She dropped her head again making a fake crying sound. Only Alex knew how much he is controlling himself from not bursting out laughing.

She slowly looked at him, taking his hand in her and gently caressing it.

"Alex, you know what you are so bad no no So worst. You married me forcefully and held me as some captive. I've to take permission from you for everything and those rock like bodyguards of yours."

Alex was stunned.

"If only this could be true, if only you could be bad. You are not bad Alex I was trying to make up something from starting to hate you no no hate no to not to like you but I can't."

"You are so good Alex I know there are some bad things you like doing but you aren't bad. Infact you are so good and supportive, you gave me things which I could've only imagined in my entire life."

"Get well soon Alex let's start with the new beginning. I will try to take you to the world of Islam. Where you belong now. I'll do that no matter whatever it takes."

She was looking at him with a smile, she got up a little and kissed his cheek making his breath to stop.

He was froze, stunned, surprised to listen all of those things and the way her soft lips made a contact with his cheek. It was a surreal for him.

He felt a rock on his heart making him unable to breath.

She brushed his hairs and kept her hand on his cheek slightly caressing it with her thumb.

She got up from the chair and did her ablution to pray, she prayed her Salah and started reading Quran. She was sitting by his side.

It was almost an hour or so, she blew some air on his head, face and chest. He was feeling everything, he was just froze on his spot feeling the guilt producing inside him.

"Alex, you know I was so scared for your life. For the first time in years I've cried infront of someone. You were looking like a lifeless body Alex, there was blood everywhere. Your blood." She said with a shiver.

She leaned her head on his chest and he felt his shirt getting soaked by her tears.

She started sobbing on his chest and he was trying so hard not to hug her tightly and tell her he is there for her.

It was the first time he was witnessing the vulnerable Eira, she always act to be brave and strong but today he got to see her other side.

"I don't even know why I am crying." She moved back with a light chuckle again trying to hide her emotions.

She wiped her tears, her nose and eyes turned in a shade of red. She drank a sip of water and kept it back.

With that a knock came and Daniel came inside without even waiting for permission. Eira didn't even looked at him.

He came towards her and forwarded his hand in her direction.

"Here, your belongings." He was forwarding her hand bag, niqab and phone.

She looked at him and he was taken aback looking at her.

"Hey what's wrong?"

She shook her head and took all of her things.

"Eira he is fine nothing has happened to him."

She just nodded and wore her niqab.

"You need rest, I'll drop you back."

She was silent looking at Alex. Daniel sighed.

"Eira."

"What?"

"Get up I'm dropping you."

"I don't want to go."

"Stop being stubborn or else I'll drag you from here."

"Don't you dare touch me." She glared back at him.

"Fine." He huffed. "If you don't listen to me I'll not have any other choice then dragging you out."

"I'll tell Alex if you even try to come near me."

This made him chuckle.

"Listen girl, stop being stubborn. You can come back at night."

"Fine, but I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Who do you want to go with and why not me?"

"I don't trust you."

"Don't worry I'll not kidnap you and after all I'm his bestfriend."

"You might be his bestfriend but you are no one to me. I'll go by myself or the one Alex hired as my driver."

Daniel rolled his eyes at her, and called Eira's personal driver giving him the location of the hospital to come and pick her up.

"So you trust the driver not me." Daniel was getting amused listening her answers.

"Yes."

"And the reason."

"Alex hired him."

"But I'm his bestfriend."

"He never gave permission to go with you."

"So, you will need his permission?"

"Yes."

Daniel chuckled. Her voice was cold and stern as usual and her answers were short.

"What will you do if you see him with any woman." He asked, he knew Alex was up and listening everything.

"I'll think her as his colleague."

"And what if you found them kissing?"

"You know the word cpr." She replied sarcastically.

"What about sleeping together?"

"He must be tricked."

"What about he tell it himself that he love someone else."

"I'll leave."

"Just like that?"

"Hmm."

"So you do trust him blindly."

"Maybe."

"What about being your trust broken?"

"I don't know."

"First rule of Mafia never trust someone blindly."

"I'm not in those things."

Daniel was saying something else but his phone started ringing. It was the driver who came to pick her up.

"Your driver came Queen."

"Don't call me that." She stood up from her seat.

"Allah Hafiz Alex." She mumbled softly gently brushing his hairs.

"Call me when he gets up."

"Ofcourse, even if I don't call the first person he wants to see will be you."

This made Eira to blush little and she immediately went out.

"Get up bastard." Daniel said after a big pause.

Alex opened his eyes looking up at the ceiling.

"Happy now?"

"Shut the fuck up Daniel."

"I've told you Alex not to do it."

"Fucking stop talking." Alex yelled in anger.

Eira was about to enter the room but stood on her place listening it. She became froze on her spot, the things which she was hearing was making her feel betrayed.

She became completely numb, as she forgot her phone she came to take it back but the things which were ringing in her ears were like the ground is sliding underneath her feet.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 83.1K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
27K 2.3K 38
[BLURB] "Well, now I'm back and I'm gonna drag you to court, you piece of shite," she said before passing a humorless chortle. "Do that and you're do...
152K 6.7K 41
"So you approached me without being aware of my identity?" He asks me, while raising an eyebrow. To say I was shocked would be an understatement. It...
10.6K 376 33
[Started Writing : 3rd August, 2023] "What do you want from me Alex? I gave you what you wanted. Now what else do you want?" I whispered when he won'...