Mastermind (Steve Rogers)

Da marveldoll_3000

Steve Rogers was New York's most eligible bachelor, living a lavish party lifestyle which usually involved hi... Altro

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32

19

485 34 5
Da marveldoll_3000

Steve's POV

"You seen Charlotte?" Tony comes up to Steve with panic written all over him.

"She said she needed the bathroom, let me go check" Steve replies as he heads to bathroom but Tony follows him.

The downstairs bathroom was empty so they went upstairs to look but came up empty again.

"Shit" Tony curses as he shouts Lottie's name before checking all the bedrooms.

"Tony what's going on?" Steve asks stopping him just before he goes downstairs.

"We need to find Charlotte now" is all he replies and rushes downstairs.

"What's going on?" Wanda asks but before anyone can answer Happy comes over.
"The cars gone" his voice panicked.

Tony turns to Wanda.
"Brock escaped" his face pale.

"Shit let me check the app we have to track each other" she replies pulling her phone out "Fuck her phones not on, Happy can you track the car?"

"She managed to disable the tracking" and Tony's body becomes even more tense.
"What is going on?" Steve tries to ask feeling the panic that's building between them all but doesn't understand.

"I will go check the spot she went to after her engagement, you and Happy go check the hotel" Wanda tries her hardest to sound strong but her voice breaks.

"Take Steve if Brock's free he won't hesitate to use you to get to her" Tony tells her.

Shit this sounds serious!

"Okay okay let's go we need to find her, stay in contact" Wanda says hurrying Steve towards door.

"Wanda what is going on?" Steve re-asks wanting an answer this time as his voice is firm, as they climb into the car.

"Brock who is Lottie's ex was serving time in prison but looks like he broke out, he's a dangerous guy Steve. He's obsessed with her and he didn't exactly take the break up well even though he was at fault. But Lottie is the reason he's in jail and he knows it" she explains clearly only part of the story. "It's her story to tell not mine but just know she's in real danger"

"Fuck" he curses while guilt riddles him knowing he's the reason she fled and is now alone and in danger.

They check the spot where Wanda found her before but they come up empty, Tony calls and says there's no sign of her at the hotel.

"The club?" Steve whispers to Wanda while she's on the phone to Tony.
"Tony let me just try one more place and then I will call you back, you start on the CCTV" she hangs up before dialling another number.

"Loki is Rose at the club?" She asks.
"I've just arrived and haven't seen her, let me ask the bouncer if she's here.... No he hasn't seen her, is everything okay?" Steve can just about hear his voice down the phone.

"Oh yeah just having trouble locating her at the moment, we had a fight I thought she might go there to cool off" Wanda lies.

"I will let you know if I see her and you two always make up" he replies and Wanda thanks him before hanging up.

"Do they know who she really is?" Curiosity gets the better of Steve.

"Yeah but we always just call her Rose" Wanda shrugs before dialling Tony back.

Steve pulls out his phone seeing a message from Bucky.

What's going on, why have you left with Wanda, Tony and Happy? Pepper hasn't said much.

I guess a extra set of hands looking won't hurt.

Lottie is missing, apparently her ex has escaped jail. Don't ask as I don't know more than that. Apparently he's dangerous and we need to find her quickly!

Within seconds his phones ringing.

"What can I do?" Bucky's voice is quick to come down the phone.

"Tony is checking CCTV with Happy to see if we can spot where her car went" Steve begins to explain.

"Looks like she's heading back to the city" Wanda says.

"Right I will start heading back now text me anywhere I can look" Bucky replies.

"Thanks Buck first let the few guests know they can leave but don't explain too much, maybe say she's feeling unwell" Steve says while he and Wanda hop back into the car.

Have the both probably drank too much to be driving sure but the instant he found out his wife was missing Steve felt sober.

They head back into the city with constant updates from Tony, Wanda visibly worried about her best friend while trying to think of places she could've gone.

Steve felt physically sick from worry the drive back to the city feeling like eternity, although his feelings towards Charlotte are complicated, he would never want any harm to come to her though.

Wanda was forced to tell Steve about the apartment Charlotte has under her name, since she couldn't go check it alone.
He's finding out so much about his new wife today.

Bucky had gone to check Steve's apartment to see if she was there, while Tony went to check the family home and Happy checked her work.

They enter the apartment and shout her name while frantically searching the rooms, but come up empty.

"Her passport is still here" Wanda says holding it up.
"Okay so she can't leave the country" Steve sighs feeling like this is taking way to long to find her.

How dangerous was this ex? Wait is that a stupid question considering how frantic everyone is searching!

"Would he hurt her?" Steve now asks.
"Yeah I think he would, he has a messed up mentality and is probably thinking if I can't have her no-one can" pure fear fills Wanda's features.
"I'm not even sure her dad knows the full story of their history, hell I'm not even sure I know it all" Wanda admits.

"Fuck" Steve curses as he sees a message from Bucky come through.

Penthouse is clear, let me know next place.

"She's not at mine either, can you think of anywhere else, it's her wedding day and I may have upset her. Where would she go if she was upset?" Steve asks while the guilt still gnaws away him.

"I did wonder why she ran, we will discuss how you fucked up later! Right now I just need a moment to think" Wanda shoots him a look that could kill and begins pacing the floor.

"I have an idea it's a long shot but depends how bad whatever you did hurt her" Wanda turns on her heel and heads for the door.
"I will text Tony to meet us there" she says and Steve quickly follows her back to the car.

As they pull up into the cemetery and towards where her grandparents are buried, they spot her car.

Before Steve fully stops the car Wanda is sprinting barefoot towards the grave.

"Fuck" Steve hears her scream and his stomach drops and he has to stop himself from throwing up, as the worse thoughts run around in his mind.

Steve heads towards the car and looks in the window seeing her phone on the passenger chair.

"She doesn't have her phone" Steve nods at Tony comes up to him.

"Is that blood?" Happy says and Steve feels bile rise even more in his stomach.

"Okay we need to call the cops now" Wanda says tears now falling down her face.

"On it" Happy says pulling out his phone.

"I will call my contact and gather as much CCTV as I can" Tony says dialling his contact.

"I will make some calls and see if anyone has spotted him anywhere recently so we can get some sort of ideas of his movements" Wanda says tears still falling.

All Steve can do is stand there staring at the blood on the floor, frozen in shock and feeling completely useless.

He just wants Charlotte back and in his arms so he can protect her and never let anyone hurt her again.

Shit what if the last thing she ever hears from me is that she's just a marriage of convenience!
Shaking the thoughts from his head he can't lose hope now, Charlotte's live is depending on him keeping it together.

Despite absolutely breaking apart on the inside!

I will find you my love!

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.1K 99 10
Stephen is in love with Tony. Stephen is scared to tell Tony how he feels because he's afraid Tony will reject him and he doesn't want to lose his f...
137K 2K 27
★ EDITING!!!!! ★ Charlotte Maria Stark is Tony Starks daughter. Her mother died a long time ago, and she lives with her mother's brother. The one and...
56.2K 2.2K 91
Steve Rogers/ Avengers story... This is going to be a story based on my one-shot Secrets... But i am going to start from scratch so somethings will...
7.3K 470 11
A College AU story (jock!frat!Steve Rogers x sassy!tutor!reader) You've always been the smart girl. Be it in school or in life, but especially when i...