A Hero's Blessing On This Won...

By PhoenixTMC

Kieran Williams, technically once a streamer, ended up dying due to him lacking sleep. Being Isekai'd into a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Reincarnation
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Axel
Chapter 3 - Attempting a Kill Quest
Chapter 4 - Settling in at the Terฤzu Inn
Chapter 5 - Forming a Party & 2 Weeks Training
Chapter 6 - The Witch of Calamity
Chapter 7 - An Expedition
Chapter 8 - A Dullahan Appears!
Chapter 9 - Some Catching Up & A Strange Communication
Chapter 11 - The Dullahan Returns!
Chapter 12 - Phantom VS General Verdia
Chapter 13 - The Return of a Phoenix Along With Some New Friends
Chapter 14 - The Figure Cloaked In Darkness
Chapter 15 - An Un-Cleansable Curse!? & Omega Alpha
Chapter 16 - Confronting One's Demons

Chapter 10 - Following Along For A Purification Quest

118 5 0
By PhoenixTMC

As the day began to roll around, Phantom has decided to go on a form of solo Quest today as she was being a little tired of being around Kiara and Millie. Recently, when she had been doing Quests with them, she kept finding a few issues then and there and she felt like she needed a fresh change of pace. 

So she made her way into the Adventurer's Guild, looking around as she was keeping an eye on the Quest Board. She couldn't really spot anything that she would do on her own, which honestly made her feel like she was wasting her time here. Yet she somehow didn't notice Aqua standing next to her, looking at the board as well.

Phantom: "Aqua?"

Aqua: "Oh! Hey Ki- I mean Phantom, yeah... Why are you alone today?"

Phantom: "I need a bit of space as I wanted to be alone to get away from my party for a little bit. You picking out a Quest?"

Aqua: "Oh yeah, I am. I just want to do a Quest so I can earn money. Oh, this one will do!"

She then randomly grabbed one as Kazuma suddenly appeared, grabbing it from Aqua.

Kazuma: "Hold your horses! I wanna see what kind of crap you pick first!"

Aqua tried to fight back but she was easily held back by Kazuma, making Phantom honestly question how strong Aqua is supposed to be in the first place.

Kazuma: "A Manticore and a Griffin are fighting over territory in the region and disturbing the peace. If you kill them, you'll receive a reward of five hundred thousand Eris."

Kazuma immediately saw this as a no-go as he slammed it back on the board.

Kazuma: "Are you out of your mind!?"

Phantom: "That is a bit out of your league at the moment you know?"

Kazuma suddenly jumped as he somehow didn't notice Phantom.

Kazuma: "Phantom? When did you get here?"

Phantom: "I was here since a moment ago. Hmm... How about you do this one then?"

Phantom then picked out a particular one, handing it to Aqua as she began to read it out loud.

Aqua: "Need to purify the town's lake. It has become so foul that no one can drink from it and brutal alligators have made it their home. The Monsters will leave once the lake has been purified, so you don't have to kill them. Three hundred thousand Eris reward. Three hundred thousand!? This one's got my name written all over it!"

Phantom: "Figured as much. Be glad I was able to spot it out for you."

Kazuma: "Wait hold on, you can purify water?"

Phantom: "Kazuma, have you not realized something? Think about this carefully. Her name, the hair colour, the eye colour and the colour of her attire. You know what that relates all back to? Water. Her name is Aqua, she is literally a Goddess of Water if you can't believe it. So by theory, she could purify it."

Aqua: "Thanks for backing me up on this one Phantom!"

Aqua gave a thumbs up, though Phantom simply rolled her eyes while she had her arms crossed underneath her chest.

Kazuma: "Alright fine, we'll take it. Better yet you take it and that way the reward's all yours."

Phantom: "I mean, he's not wrong."

Aqua: "Oh uh... I'm pretty sure the Monsters will attack me while I'm purifying so... I sort of need your guys' protection..."

Phantom: "And that makes logical sense."

Aqua: "How about you come along for this Quest Phantom?"

Phantom: "You sure?"

Aqua: "Come on~ When was the last time we have been on a Quest together?"

Phantom: "I believe the last time we were on a Quest together was when we had to slay those toads... I really am glad I don't have to experience that again... But fine, I'll tag along this one time."

Aqua: "Great!"

Kazuma: "Also, how long does it take? Five minutes?"

Aqua: "Oh yeah... Hmm... More like half a day."

Kazuma: "No thank you!"

Kazuma was willing to cancel the Quest, however Aqua was not having it, begging for Kazuma to accept the Quest. Phantom was mostly watching the whole situation unfold as she sighed, finding this pretty much like the beginning of how her new life began yet again. Kazuma managed to break free as he asked a question.

Kazuma: "How do you purify a lake anyway!?"

Aqua: "Huh? Well uh... I'm a high level Goddess, all I have to do is touch the water and that should do the trick."

Kazuma: "That's it huh? You know what, I think I know how to keep you safe from the Monsters while you do it."

Phantom strangely had a bad feeling about this as we then cut to a scene where we could see the group alongside Phantom walking. Though Aqua was sitting in a cage, being pulled by a horse. Phantom honestly found this rather strange and bizarre, wondering on how this is supposed to keep Aqua safe in the first place or how it's supposed to work.

Aqua: "Are you... sure about this?"

Kazuma: "What are you worried about? You're perfectly safe in there. Don't tell me you're getting cold feet now."

Aqua: "No I'm not. I just feel like some rare Monster that's being carted off to a circus..."

Phantom couldn't really deny that as even she wouldn't want to be in this kind of situation. Though they did eventually reach the lake as it was clearly a disgusting murky colour. Yet they decided to use some chains to ensure that the cage wouldn't get drifted off into the middle of the lake, by simply tying it to a rock.

Yet while the cage was still there in the middle of the water, Aqua was just simply sitting there, seemingly doing nothing at the moment. Phantom, Kazuma, Megumin and Darkness were standing underneath a tree not too far away as it was kind of boring for Phantom, though she did her best to relax herself and enjoy the peace and quiet while it lasts.

Kazuma: "Aqua! If you need help, hauler! We'll reel you in, cage and all!"

Phantom: "I have a feeling that this is going to go horribly wrong..."

Kazuma: "You having no faith right now?"

Phantom: "It isn't that really... It's just a gut feeling."

Two hours pass after this comment as Phantom is sitting by the tree, legs crossed as she had her arms crossed underneath her chest, keeping her eyes closed as she was ensuring that she can keep calm as to not rile herself up due to the boredom. She was listening in to Kazuma and his party's conversation.

Darkness: "No Monsters have appeared yet."

Megumin: "I noticed that too."

Kazuma: "Well I noticed you're more chill today than you normally are."

Megumin: "What?"

Kazuma: "Usually you brag about how scary your power is and blow the damn lake to smithereens."

Darkness: "He's right, you would."

Megumin: "Is that what you think of me, that I'm that immature!? I wouldn't dare waste my fearsome Spell on mere alligators. It is far too precious."

Kazuma: "Yet you got no problem using it on everything else. Aqua! You good!? How's that purifying coming along!?"

Aqua: "Going well thank you!"

Kazuma: "You'll catch a cold if you sit in that water for too long! You need to get out to go pee or anything!?"

Aqua: "I'm an Arch Priest! We don't go pee or anything!"

Megumin: "She sounds like she's doing just fine. By the way, Crimson Demons don't pee or anything either."

Kazuma: "What, are you guys like robots or something?"

Darkness: "A-Actually, I-I'm a Crusader... We don't... Such things are not..."

Even though Phantom didn't bother to open her eyes, she knew exactly what Darkness was trying to do. It did make her eyes twitch a little, though she blatantly ignored it afterwards.

Kazuma: "Please, stop. You're not convincing me at all. And as for you, let's put you to the test. After we're done here, we'll do a Quest that takes longer than a day, one with lots of walking."

Megumin: "No! Anything but that! N-Not because Crimson Demons have to pee! We just hate long Quests is all..."

Darkness: "You are even more sadistic than I hoped."

Though silence filled between them for a couple of seconds, only for Megumin to burst the bubble.

Megumin: "The alligators still haven't shown up. It would be great if we could finish this without having to fight them."

Kazuma: "Shut up. You wanna trigger a flag or something?"

Aqua: "K-K-Kazuma!"

Phantom then in this moment opened her eyes, seeing the supposed alligators that had taken residence of the lake approaching the cage that Aqua was currently in. 

Aqua: "Something's coming! A lot of something's coming!"

Aqua was starting to panic as she wasn't feeling brave at all in this situation, calling out for Kazuma's name the whole time. Phantom just considered watching as there's really nothing she can do in this situation as it would probably just make it worse.

Four hours into this situation, two hours have passed since the alligators revealed themselves as they were constantly attacking the cage, trying to reach Aqua. Aqua was panicking a lot as she was trying to pick up the pace, using her Purification Spell so many times. Soon enough, the alligators tried spinning the cage, making Aqua feel a bit dizzy in the process.

Phantom: "This feels really brutal to watch..."

Kazuma: "Aqua! You want to call it a day!? Say the word and we'll come down and reel you in!"

Aqua: "No! If I give up now, I won't get the reward!"

One of the alligators were starting to bend two of the bars as it bit down, making Aqua scream in terror as she was panicking again. 

Darkness: "I'm feeling jealous. It looks fun inside that cage."

Kazuma: "Down girl."

Phantom: "Honestly, I feel like I should head down there but... Has she been bragging a lot about her Goddess things lately Kazuma?"

Kazuma: "Yeah, she has."

Phantom: "Then I'll just sit here until her job's done."

With that, another three hours pass as it reached the seven hour mark. Yet Aqua managed to finish the purification as the group made their way down to the cage. 

Megumin: "Well, the lake seems to be purified. The alligators left the area too."

Kazuma: "You okay in there Aqua?"

Darkness: "Aqua..?"

Phantom: "Hey Aqua, I know this might not be the best time to say this but, you doing alright in there?"

When Phantom managed to see Aqua's face, it was clear that she looked broken, making chills run down her spine.  

Kazuma: "Hey come on! Say something! You hurt!?"

She then began to sob a bit as both Kazuma and Phantom sighed, knowing that this is probably bad. 

Kazuma: "If those stupid gators freaked you out that much, you should've quit the Quest."

Phantom: "I can agree on that. I would've quit the first moment that were to happen to me, but you stuck through to the end, why?"

Kazuma: "Come on now, let's just go home. Hey guess what? We were talking and well, we all decided that you can have the reward for this."

Darkness: "That's right Aqua. You can keep the three hundred thousand Eris all to yourself."

Megumin: "It's only fair. After all, you were the one who did all the work..."

Though it was silent for a moment, though Phantom had a feeling that she could understand as she seemed traumatized to step out of the cage, making her remember something about herself. Though her thoughts were interrupted when Kazuma continued speaking.

Kazuma: "You can come on out now. It's safe. The gators are all gone. Promise."

Aqua: "I'll stay in the cage thank you."

Aqua's voice was incredibly low, making Phantom's eyes narrow, not in anger or anything of the sorts, but more of a sorrowful look, feeling bad for her.

Kazuma: "Seriously?"

Aqua: "The world is too big, too scary. I will never leave this cage again."

Phantom: "This is quite... worrisome..."

With that, the Quest was over as they made their way back to Axel. Though Aqua stayed in the broken cage the whole time as it was reaching sunset. Phantom the whole time felt really bad for Aqua, for the first time for a while ever since she first got brought here against her will. 

Though while walking through the streets of Axel, Aqua was singing a lullaby that Phantom didn't recognize, but it was low and beautiful. Yet the lullaby mainly concerned her more than anything else.

Kazuma: "Aqua, geez would you quit singing that weird ass song?"

Phantom: "She won't. I can tell it's a coping mechanism. We all have those in our darkest times. Just let her be for now Kazuma."

Kazuma: "Seriously?"

Phantom: "We all have our traumatizing moments, remember?"

Kazuma: "Fair point, but we're getting weird stares..."

Phantom: "At this point, I would rather be concerned about Aqua's mental state than the stares."

Kazuma: "Since when did she get on your good side?"

Phantom: "When she promised to do better at the Inn. Though she'll have to prove it still, but this is just... I don't know, wrong... Hey Aqua, would you mind stepping out of the cage please?"

Aqua: "No. This cage is my sanctuary now. It's too scary out there so I'll just stay in here."

Megumin: "Shutting herself off from the world isn't healthy."

Darkness: "No it is not."

Kazuma: "She's just like how I used to be."

Phantom: "What?"

Kazuma: "Never mind, nothing."

???: "Milady! I'll get you out of there!"

The group then came to a halt as some individual was trying to break the bars open to get Aqua out. Though it was sudden as Phantom got a good look at the guy. He had yellow hair while wearing some form of fancy blue armour.

He managed to break the bars as the group was surprised by his strength.

???: "What are you doing in this cage milady? You're a Goddess!"

Phantom: "Hey."

Phantom approached him, touching him on the shoulder as it caught his attention, turning his gaze to meet hers.

Phantom: "I understand what you're doing sir, but I'm afraid that this is a bit of a misunderstanding. You simply broke the cage without permission as she didn't want to leave it. I demand to know who you are."

Kazuma then began to whisper to Aqua.

Kazuma: "Do you know this guy? Because it sounds like he knows you, he called you Goddess."

Aqua: "Goddess?"

Kazuma: "Yeah, just now."

It was silent for a moment, only for Aqua to simply snap out of her stupor as she realized something.

Aqua: "That's right! I am a Goddess huh!?"

She then got out of the cage as she looked at the person in question. 

Aqua: "How can this Goddess be of service to you good sir? Who are you?"

Aqua definitely seemed confused as Phantom could tell from how Aqua is acting that she clearly doesn't know him personally.

???: "It's me milady! Kyouya Mitsurugi! Don't you remember me!? I died and you reincarnated me and gave me Graham the Magic Sword!"

He pulled out his sword to show more proof, trying to get through to her.

Aqua: "Umm..."

Phantom: "Well then I do apologize Kyouya. I assumed you to be someone with harsh intentions, however I still don't clearly know you. I don't even know if-"

Aqua: "Oh! Right right, that guy! Sorry I totally forgot for a second there! I helped so many people cross over that I bound to forget a few then and there!"

Kyouya: "Yeah... Sure..."

Phantom was honestly surprised that Kyouya fell for it considering that it was obvious that she didn't remember him.

Kyouya: "It has been a while, milady. And I'm fighting hard to save this world. To be it's hero. By the way, I hope you don't mind me asking but, why were you in a cage?"

Phantom: "I think it's best I explain."

Phantom then began to explain everything from start to finish. Even though Aqua tried to interject at times, Phantom knew that Aqua was trying to add her own twists and spins to the tale, but Phantom was not having any of that. She made sure to explain every little detail from how Aqua ended up here in this world, to the present.

Kyouya: "What!? You dragged milady to this world against her will!? Then locked her in a cage and dumped her in a lake!?"

Phantom: "To be fair, Kazuma was doing it out of petty revenge at first, however I think he's gotten over it."

Kyouya then grabbed Kazuma by the collar.

Kyouya: "You monster, how could you!?"

Aqua: "N-No wait! I don't really mind that he forced me to come here anymore. I'm having lots of fun doing all sorts of things."

Kyouya: "Please milady, I don't know how this guy influenced your judgement, but you're a Goddess, remember? He's a nobody."

Phantom then grabbed him by the shoulder as Kyouya was forced to let go of Kazuma.

Phantom: "You really, really don't seem to understand do you?"

Kyouya: "Understand what!?"

Kyouya then turned to face Phantom as it was clear that he was pissed.

Phantom: "It was stated that we could bring whatever we wanted to this world at the very beginning. Whether that be a weapon or power, yet the hidden code to that kind of system was mainly that you could bring somebody along. It was allowed by the other Gods so... I see no problem in it anymore, even if I was pissed off with the original reason."

Kyouya: "Still, it doesn't give this guy the right to tarnish her! She's staying in some stable!"

Phantom: "Technically, we all started off rough as we didn't know the world that well so..."

Kyouya: "She is supposed to be treated with respect!"

Phantom: "As long as she is down here with us, we shouldn't treat her different in comparison to anybody else. Up there, sure she has her title and authority. But down here, she's just like the rest of us. Don't you get it? Try getting it through that thick skull of yours before you end up with a broken one."

Kyouya: "You threatening me?"

Phantom: "Depends on how you take it."

The two narrowed their eyes as they clearly were going to fight each other.

Phantom: "Trust me, you probably had it easier than us right? Becoming some kind of overpowered person who simply can fight some powerful Monsters right? So you don't get to judge my fellow comrades unless you're asking for a fight."

Phantom then sighed.

Phantom: "You know what, you aren't even worth my time. Aqua, I'll be heading back to rest now. If you need me, you'll know where to find me."

Aqua: "Of course..."

Phantom then began to walk away as she didn't want to deal with somebody who doesn't know anything at all. She did tell him the truth about it all, but it appears that he was simply too dense to even comprehend anything, so it was better not to waste anymore breath on him. So she made her way back to the Inn, transforming back into Kieran before heading on inside to rest up for the day....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 5.8K 50
Sequel to '๐šœ๐š˜๐š™๐š‘๐š’' ๐š“๐š˜๐šœ๐š’๐šŠ๐š‘. never forgotten. โ€ขษชษดsแด›แด€ษขส€แด€แด / sแดแด„ษชแด€สŸ แดแด‡แด…ษชแด€ - started 11th October 2020 - finished 13th January 2021
4.6K 144 8
Commander of the Sacred Order of Holy Knight, Chief of the International Police Force, First King of Illyria, rival of Sol Badguy, genius swordsman...
79.9K 3.2K 19
Originally named "แด„แด€ษด แด€ ส™แดœแด›แด›แด‡ส€๊œฐสŸส สœแด€แด แด‡ แด€ สœแด€แด˜แด˜ษชสŸส แด‡แด แด‡ส€ แด€๊œฐแด›แด‡ส€ แด›แดแด?". Now named ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ฎ๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ฅ๐ฒ. ...
65K 1.6K 9
What will happen if Luffy suddenly turned into a Totally Adorable and Cute girl ? Fem!Luffy x Harem Find out in this STORY