Mine | Bbangsaz

By grace_hanni

In Hanni's messed up life, full of misery and losses, revenge takes control of her heart. She's hell-bent on... More

Warn!
(1) Poison
(2) Mine
(3) Bound by Desire
(4) Minji's grip
(5) Desperate Escapes
(6) You're mine, remember that
(7) Party
(8) Eight
(9) Blood Dinner
(10) Suspicious
(11) Should not
(13) Be my girlfriend
(14) The truth
(15) The truth 2
(16) Birthday gift
(17) Wedding arrangement
(18) Minji's problem
(19) Nineteen
(20) twenty
(21) Love & Redemption
(22) Mine

(12) Caught in the Storm of Emotions

2.1K 144 26
By grace_hanni

When her consciousness returned, Hanni was in a white room. She closed her eyes again. She had never felt so grateful to be in this room. Fear still crept over her, imagining the flashing knife on her face, her body, her arms... Ouch!

Hanni felt an intense pain and looked at her arm, which was heavily bandaged. The pain was still there, but more from Hanni's deep trauma due to her terrible experience.

Hanni sat down. Minji had saved her, once again.

Why did she save her?

Was it really because she was considered Minji's special whore?

Because she served Minji with her body?

With a pale face, Hanni turned away. She felt so low.

The woman saved her. Hanni closed her eyes, imagining how Minji had blocked the knife about to stab her with her hand.

Hanni still remembered the flowing blood, and whether she liked it or not, Hanni realized that she had been saved by Minji several times.

Why did she save her? That was a question she couldn't answer. For years, Hanni had nurtured hatred in her heart, cultivating a deep sense of revenge, with the knowledge that the evil Minji had destroyed her family.

Well, Minji was evil indeed. But apart from imprisoning Hanni, she treated Hanni well. Did she really consider Hanni as her lover?

Hanni's cheeks turned red imagining it all. Was all of Minji's kindness purely driven by lust?

She should feel humiliated, but she didn't. Her feelings felt warm against her will. She shouldn't feel like this. Her hatred was her only weapon against that woman.

If Hanni started to feel something more towards Minji...

Hanni shook her head, trying to push away these feelings that entangled her. 

Trembling, she touched her bandaged arm and cried. Her whole life had changed in such a short time, all the well-thought-out plans were shattered, and now she was sinking here. Back in the clutches of that demon of a woman, and now even indebted to Minji for her life.

"Don't cry," Hanni jumped when she heard the voice nearby.

Fearfully, she turned and found Minji there, sitting on the sofa not far from the bed, watching her.

Hanni roughly wiped her tears and glared at Minji angrily. "All of this is because of you!" she accused, "If you didn't involve me in your enemy-filled life, I wouldn't be experiencing this!"

"And if you weren't easily deceived by the charming doctor who always smiles, you wouldn't have been kidnapped so easily," Minji interjected sharply.

"I just want to be free from you, why won't you let me go?" Hanni shouted in frustration this time, "I beg you, I'm sick of being here. I─"

"Aren't you happy here, Hanni?" Minji approached the bed and touched Hanni's chin with her fingers. That's when Hanni noticed that Minji's palm was wrapped in bandages.

"I fulfill your needs, I give you what you can't buy with your own money, don't you think that's enough?"

"I'm not a whore," Hanni hissed sharply, "Your wealth and beauty mean nothing to me. All I want is your death because you've destroyed my family. But if I can't have that, I'm satisfied enough to be free from you!"

Hanni stared at Minji defiantly.

The woman looked at Hanni sharply and shrugged, gazing at Hanni straight in the eyes. "Let it go, I don't want to argue with you," she said seriously, examining Hanni.

Hanni fell silent, automatically turning her face away from Minji.

"Hanni Pham," she called Hanni with emphasis, making Hanni finally look into her eyes.

"I'm fine," Hanni replied curtly, "Even though I know all of this happened because of you and your enemies."

Minji chuckled, "Hmm, considering you've returned to being fierce with me, I'm sure you're healed," Minji touched Hanni's cheek with her fingers, "Forgive me."

Hanni was stunned by Minji's apology, she looked at Minji cautiously, "Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I got you involved in this situation," she shrugged. "A situation like this couldn't be avoided, considering my condition. But you should know, when you're with me, I'll protect you."

Hanni snorted, "I'd rather not be with you. If I'm alone, I'll be just fine."

Minji looked at Hanni sharply, "You can't. The situation yesterday made you known as my favorite. Anyone targeting me will target you because you're the weakest. That makes you always have to be with me, under my protection, Pham Hanni!"

Minji stared straight into Hanni's eyes, "You are my weakness."

Hanni's cheeks reddened, not just because of the profound meaning in Minji's words, but because of how Minji said it, so sensual and meaningful as if Minji was saying something sensual from her ordinary words. Minji seemed deliberate.

Damn that woman. She deliberately spoke her words with a sensual tone to influence Hanni.

"You're free to roam around this entire house, but I beg you, don't try to escape from this house. I am indeed evil, but I will protect you, unlike my enemies," Minji raised her injured hand to tousle her hair, and Hanni immediately remembered that incident, when Minji quickly grabbed the knife, preventing her from getting hurt.

Unconsciously, she shivered in horror. "Really?" 

Minji murmured, observing Hanni's reaction, "You should be afraid, Hanni, because they will do anything to hurt me through you. You're safe here, with me. And I'm sure you're sensible enough to know that you're better off staying here."

***

The freedom to come and go from this room was fully enjoyed by Hanni. Oh, she still planned to leave, but not now. She was still traumatized by what happened. At least in this house, she was safe.

Sunoo still secretly watched her as she moved in and out of the room, especially when she strolled in the garden. But Hanni learned to ignore him.

That evening, the atmosphere in the house was very quiet, and Hanni wandered around the first floor area of the house.

The house was very spacious with hallways that seemed to lead to unknown places; one day wouldn't be enough to explore the whole house.

Hanni stopped at a slightly ajar door and peeped inside. She was fascinated to find tall shelves covering the walls, filled with books!

Excitedly, Hanni entered the room and stood in awe, examining the books on the shelves.

Minji seemed to be a fan of classic literature, and various readings were tempting and ready to be enjoyed.

"You seem to like reading," Minji's voice startled Hanni.

She turned and only then realized that Minji was sitting in the corner of the room at her large work desk, studying her company's documents. She looked at her with her sharp, intense eyes.

Hanni defiantly raised her chin, "Yes, I like reading, but these books, including the expensive ones, are beyond my reach," Hanni said unconsciously, frowning.

"You can read here," Minji offered, looking very kind. But Hanni felt something there, something different that was slightly intimidating for her.

The sexual tension filling the room felt so uncomfortable. Although Minji's offer was tempting, Hanni didn't dare.

"I won't disturb you," Minji said, raising her eyebrows as she saw Hanni hesitating.

"I won't disturb you, Hanni," she repeated her words, "I won't even stand up from this chair."

Hanni looked at Minji suspiciously, "Can't I borrow these books and take them to my room?"

Minji shook her head.

Oh, of course, she could, Minji muttered to herself, but she would lose the pleasure of teasing Hanni. She wanted Hanni to be forced to be in this room, with her, "Not possible. These books are expensive. I'm not sure you'll take good care of them and not damage them."

Minji's words felt offensive to Hanni. Perhaps Minji even thought Hanni wanted to steal her expensive books.

How rude that woman was. But Minji's invitation to read books in the same room felt so tempting. And the woman was clearly challenging her.

Realizing how strong the sexual tension between them was, Hanni forced herself to show whether she would be a coward or brave to face Minji.

Hanni stomped her foot and walked towards the sofa, picked one of the books from the shelf, and sat down, trying to look comfortable there.

Minji smiled. The girl clearly wanted to challenge her. Hanni's presence in Minji's room caught her attention. Minji wasn't even interested in her work anymore. She folded her hands on the table and watched Hanni acting like she was reading with intensity.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Hanni finally blurted out what was on her mind.

Minji had been sitting and watching her for several minutes. She didn't disturb her, and she didn't move from her seat. But Minji's intense gaze was very disturbing.

It made every nerve in Hanni's body tingle in a warm sensation, suddenly making the air-conditioned room feel warm.

"I just want to know how far you'll pretend to read. After that, maybe you'll realize how strong the sexual tension is between us," Minji murmured calmly, not moving from her seat, but looking very threatening.

Hanni's cheeks blushed hearing Minji's words. Angrily, she tossed the book on the sofa and stood up, "I think I better go."

"Are you afraid, Hanni?" Minji muttered in a mocking tone, "Afraid that you'll surrender in my embrace? I offered you earlier to be alone with me in this room, and it seems you ran away in fear like a rabbit about to be preyed on."

Oh yes! Minji's gaze towards her was like that of an eagle about to prey on its rabbit. Hanni felt it was only fair for her to want to save herself.

"I will leave," she said, half shouting, running to the door, slamming it shut. She could still hear Minji's laughter accompanying her departure.

***

"Hanni," Minji's voice startled Hanni, who was lost in thought on the balcony. The same balcony where Minji terrifyingly threw her into the pool below some time ago.

Hanni turned and found Minji standing at the balcony door, looking at her calmly. It seemed like she had just come back from work.

Hanni wasn't sure because from this balcony, her view was only the backyard and the large swimming pool.

"Why are you standing on the balcony at this time of night?" Minji frowned, observing the drizzling rain that was starting to pour more heavily. Even splashing water was beginning to wet Hanni, who was standing while looking at the yard below.

Since Hanni was released, this was the first time she could enjoy the rain directly. Back when she was locked in the white room, Hanni could only enjoy the rain from the window, without touching it. Now, feeling the splashes of water on her body felt extraordinary for her.

"I'm enjoying the rain," Hanni turned her body, facing away from Minji, trying to ignore the woman.

"You'll make yourself sick," Minji began to growl; it seemed like She was holding back her anger.

Hanni turned again and looked at Minji defiantly, "I don't know whether you're lying about giving me freedom or you just enjoy ordering me around and disturbing me. I can take care of myself, and I hope you don't bother me."

"Fine," Minji's gaze on Hanni felt scorching in the cold rain, "It's up to you; please make yourself sick. I hope you won't inconvenience me later."

She turned her body, but after a few steps, she turned back and looked at Hanni, "Once you're ready, I'd like to talk to you."

"About what?" Hanni furrowed her brow, starting to feel annoyed by Minji's interruptions.

She wanted to enjoy the rain, and she always seemed to appear at the wrong time and say the wrong things.

"Later. It's about your twenty-fifth birthday."

Hanni was stunned. Her twenty-fifth birthday was coming up soon. How could Minji know the details of her birthday?

Hanni was intrigued, but she'd satisfy Minji if she followed her to talk. Maybe that was Minji's purpose, so she wouldn't get rained on and follow Minji?

"I'll catch up with you when I'm satisfied here,"

Fire blazed in Minji's eyes, and it was evident she was trying to restrain herself.

"Fine, meet me in my office later," her voice was more like a growl, then she turned and stormed off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 563 22
Minji and Hanni are known by everyone for their rivalry in school but nobody knew about their enduring love. Separated by circumstances, distance and...
20.4K 1.3K 22
Hanni, a warm-hearted sniper with deadly accurate aim. Her path crosses with Minji and soon both their lives turn upside down. Hanni has to choose...
113K 7.8K 35
Finally Hanni Graduated in college, now she has a chance to work in an office offered by her friend Yunjin. When they arrive she immediately spots th...
5.2K 440 22
*Synopsis*: Emperor Kim has ruled the Kim empire for over two decades, but he has one problem: he has no son to inherit the throne. Despite having mu...