(11) Should not

Dokter Kim was calmly driving through the traffic jam on the highway. They arrived at a turn out of town towards a quiet street.

Hanni, who had been silent due to holding back her nerves during the journey, looked at Dokter Kim curiously and asked, "Where are we going?"

Dokter Kim turned and smiled sweetly, "To a house on the outskirts of town. It's like a villa in the mountains. You'll be safe there and Minji won't be able to track you down."

Hanni nodded her head and stared straight ahead. The view outside was of a forest and winding roads. The night grew darker and Hanni began to feel sleepy. Eventually, she leaned her head comfortably on the seat and fell asleep.

***

Minji angrily stared at the nurse who was sedated to replace Hanni in the bed. Her two guards who had been guarding Hanni's room stood in fear with bruised faces from Minji's punches, "How could you be so stupid, huh?"

Minji's voice sounded calm but the intensity of her anger made her subordinates' hair stand on end.

The guards looked at each other trying to speak but couldn't. They were indeed at fault. Sunoo, their boss, had instructed them to check anyone who entered or exited Hanni's room. But because Dokter Kim seemed to be used to entering and exiting this room freely, they became complacent and let him pass.

Who would have thought that Dokter Kim was that feared Jake?

Minji still glared angrily at her two guards, thinking about what punishment would be cruel enough for their stupidity. Hanni ran away and not just ran away. For God's sake! That woman was now in Jake's hands.

Sunoo came, handing over another pile of documents, diverting Minji's attention, "It seems your suspicion was correct, Minji. Dokter Kim's profile is very similar to Jake's profile. He is a genius graduate of medicine. His life is very mysterious and there are rumors that his mother committed suicide. He only registered at this hospital two months ago and when we checked his past, everything was empty, there was no data about him as if everything was erased."

"Find him no matter what," Minji gritted her teeth.

"Anything! His address, his car number, anything to lead us to him. We have to find Hanni before it's too late," Minji closed her eyes for a moment, feeling a tightness in her chest.

Hanni must be safe, even though now it is doubtful because Hanni is in the hands of the very cruel Jake. Minji will do whatever it takes to get Hanni back, safe and alive.

***

"Hanni, we've arrived," Dokter Kim gently shook Hanni's shoulder.

Hanni opened her eyes and found their car parked in front of a beautiful old white villa, illuminated by dim lights. Dokter Kim got out first, then opened the passenger door and helped Hanni out.

They walked side by side as they entered the house's terrace.

When Dokter Kim unlocked the door, Hanni frowned and asked, "Is this Dokter Kim's house?"

The man smiled again and shook his head, "No, it's my friend's property that he entrusted to me. He's currently abroad. I thought this would be the safest place for you right now. You can hide here for a while because I know Minji must be very angry and he'll try everything to find you."

Hanni shivered at the thought and allowed herself to be led inside the villa. The interior was just as beautiful as the exterior, with neat and antique Dutch ornaments. It looked incredibly cozy to live in.

"You'll like it here," Dokter Kim said with a mysterious smile as he guided Hanni towards her temporary room.

The room was simple yet neatly arranged, with a soft feather bed covered in white sheets that looked inviting to sleep on. Unconsciously, Hanni yawned, and Dokter Kim chuckled, "Rest, Hanni. Hopefully, you'll wake up feeling refreshed tomorrow morning."