Distant Memories (Draco Malfo...

By kiss-my-axe28

"๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ช๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฑ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ." ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ข๐˜ฃ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฐ... More

1. Introduction
2. Dear Diary
3. Potronus Charm.
4. Make Me Forget.
5. Quidditch
6. September 25th
7. Fighting
8. Promises
9. Don't
10. Her Journal
11. Astoria
12. Party
13. 5 minutes
14. Possiblity
15. Deju Vu
16. Your' Sweater
17. Fuck it
18. Cigarette Daydream
19. I lo-
20. I'm sorry
21. Her Grave
22. Home
23. Blood Water
24. Load of a Trainwreck
25. Tell Me Stay Away
26. The Truth
27. It's you
28. I Like It
29. Break the Chain
30. Another Lifetime
31. You're Pretty
32. Goodbyes
33. Merry Christmas
34. Panic Attacks
35. Our Spot
36. To late
37.Really Blaise
38. Dollhouse
39. Youre Enough
40. Its Okay
41. Cant Save Me
42. She Knows
43. Couldve had it All
44. Dont Blame Me
45. I know
46. Its you

47. Distant Memories.

324 5 1
By kiss-my-axe28

Adelphas pov:
I watch in a bliss. Everything I ever dreamed of. Everything I never dreamed of.
The sadness.
The pain.
The grudges.
The addictions.
The scars.
The memories.
Bad things come and go. Good things come and go.
The question is, do you stay to live through it?
The question is, do I want to know the answers?
The question is, was it worth it.
The laughter.
The family.
The friendships.
The flowers.
The fields.
The freedom.
To me it was all worth it in the end.
I watch as Draco swings our daughter around.
Snape teaching our other daughter magic.

"She has your mother's eyes."

A smile plays on my lips.

Was it worth it in the end?

Simple answer is yes.

I wouldn't take anything back. The horrible things that happened to me silenced me, they traumatized me, the burned me, they cut me, the made me sick, they made me addicted.

They made me stronger, they made me louder, they made me endure more, they made me successful, they made me realize a lot.

People struggle everyday for every minute, I did and still do.

I got my escape as well as you will one day.

I look as the sun is slowly setting. The flowers swaying in the wind.

<>
We'll get our happy ending one day Adelpha, I promise."
A promise that was never broken.

I look back everyday from where I started and where I came from. I had nothing going for me. I had no hope, I had no voice, I had nothing.

Now I do.

I'm away.

Harry got his justice.

My father got his justice.

Not everyone will get justice for what they do to you or to me, but you have to come to peace with that to move on and to grow stronger.

"Okay come on let's get you washed up" Draco laughs as he sees the mud sprinkled onto Iris legs.

I smile and look off into the field. The field where me and Draco very first met. Sure some people run from their past, but this is where it all started and this is where it will all end. The beautiful flowers, the sun, the lake, the beautiful house we built...

"Here let's get you up darling." Draco's mother smiles as she holds out her hand.

I put my hand on my huge belly as his mother pulls me up.

What can I say me and Draco were very active.

The first baby boy soon to be coming, Servus.

I learned the truth about him.

He helped my mother as much as he could before she was forced away from him. He fought everyday for justice and nothing was ever done. Now he will be one of the only grandfather our kids will know.

Draco's father walks out of the house calling about dinner being ready.

I see a carriage pull down onto the long dirt road, Luna and Blaise.

Family is everything.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Everything Draco."

"I love you, always."

"I love you, forever"

"I promised you this, are you happy?"

"More than anything."

He wraps his arms around me as we look out into the distant. The memories will always be here. My mom will always be here. My family will always be here.

"April!!!" I scream as I run into her arms.

I breath in her scent. I take in her healthy look. Her happiness.

"I'm so glad you could make it." I hold her as tight as I can.

"Draco assured me I must be here, and I wouldn't miss it for anything. I owe you every-"

"Shh we both owe each other everything." I step back and take in her beauty.

"Wow how you've grown man!" Draco laughs as her son walks up.

They carry on a conversation as Draco wraps his arm around his shoulder and walk into the house.

Luna and Blaise walk up, their dog running off to play with Iris and Glenn.

"Come on it's time to eat!"

"I'm sorry he didn't come." Draco brushes up against me.

"It's okay, I understand."

We turn around to walk away, I pause as another car pulls up.

I take a deep breath as Draco grabs my hand.

I watch as he steps out of the car.

April smiles, she's the first to walk up to him.

"I'm glad you could make it."

"Grandpa!!!!" The kids scream.

I shudder at those words.

"I brought this for you Adelpha."

I take the flowers as he hands over Iris flowers.

I look up at him.

I no longer see the man who killed my mother.

I no longer see the man who abused me and April.

I see the man who got clean.

I see the man who came to my graduation.

I see the man who sat outside the hospital at the first birth of my daughter, and who named her.

Who sat in freezing cold weather because I would not allow him in the building at the time.

I see the man who came to my wedding.

I see the man who made mistakes deeper than forgiveness, but I don't have to forgive him.

He made me who I am today.

He taught me many things, good and bad, but no one knows the good memories do they?

The man who picked me up off my feet.

The man who put me through school.

The man who always provided.

The man who lost himself to addiction, to jealousy, to grudges, to his own past trauma.

I don't have to forgive him and I never will.

My mother stuck with him through everything, no matter the pain he inflicted upon her or April. She saw the good in everyone and maybe it's time I do.

He will never be a perfect man, and I believe I found justice for my mother, I believe I did what my mother always wanted me to do.

My kids only know the man who was there for their first steps, their first bike ride, their first school day, their first shots. The man who has tried to be there for everything.

"Thank you father."

I look up at the him, the scares of our fight inflicted upon his eyes.

I will never look at him the same, but he has changed.

However, I will always protect my children and my family.

"Come on inside, let's get ready for dinner." April smiles at him.

He nods respectfully and begins to walk away.

I reach out and grab his hand.

The first physical contact we've made since the fight.

He immediately grabs my hand back softly, Draco's reassuring hand by my side.

I smile and nod at my father and let go.

"I'll be there in a second, go on in I need a second." I mumble to Draco.

I walk back to my mother's grave and slowly take a seat.

"I hope I'm making you proud mother. I finished your final chapter yesterday. It hurts not having you around. It hurts looking at the man who caused this. It hurts looking at this grave. It hurts seeing my kids grow up not understanding. But I just want to make you proud mom. I want to do everything you believed was possible in me. I'm sorry for the times I messed up and disappointed you. I know you had a plan for me. I know you left me with this book for a reason, and I will always remember. I will always love you. I will always protect you, and my family. I will continue to be strong. I just wish you were here mom. I miss you so much it's not fair anymore. It's not fair I have to be the one with forgiveness, that I have to fight to be okay with what's happened. I know it's what you would've wanted, and I know seeing this would make you proud mom even if I don't think it's right, I'm here regardless of the pain. I hope you look down at this family I have created, the friends I have made, the things I have learned, the forgiveness I have given, the pain I have given up, the closure I have to give myself when I wasn't capable of it. I hope you're proud mom. I can't wait to see you one day." I cry.

I feel a hand intertwine with mine, the same hands that brushed my hair, the same hands that tickled my arm to go to sleep, the same hands that fixed me ice cream, the same hands who held me when I cried.

I look beside me and see my mother.

"I'm incredibly proud of you. You have done so well, thank you for living for me. Thank you for the forgiveness you have given out. Thank you my beautiful daughter. I will always love you, and I have always been here. I will always guide you and protect you Adelpha. You're on the right track. I will keep you safe. I will keep your family safe. I will keep us safe. You're my baby and you always will be. Now go inside and eat with our family, tell my froggy I love him. I'm here and always will be, never forget that. I love you."

Then she disappears.

"Mommy come on!"

I smile to myself and wipe my tears, all I had ever known.

I slowly push myself up and dust off. I turn around and begin walking back up through the field. My hands stretched out as my finger tips slowly glaze the flowers and talk grass.

The air blowing through the darking once bright blonde wavy hair. The flowers brushing against my fingers. The dog pawprints in the mud. The sun hitting down onto my skin. The laughter engulfing me as I approach the house.

"You okay?" Draco asks as he waits at the door.

"Yes I'm okay." I smile as he reaches to touch my belly.

He smiles and kissing my head bringing me closer to him, the same old smell of Draco Malfoy. I look over his shoulder to look at the family we have created. Astoria, Lucius, Luna, Blaise, April,  April's son, Lunas dog, Blaise's parents, our kids, my father,  Snape, and as I look closer my mother.

My mother who is smiling back at me as she sits in a rocking chair close to where the girls are playing.

Draco pulls away and turns to walk inside. I follow in behind him.

I stop in the door way and turn back to look out in the distance at the sun setting. The beautiful orange and pink colors mixing. The fluffy clouds and the breeze.

Oh what fighting can give you.

Oh what it takes to get to this point.

Oh the nightmares.

Oh the dreams.

Oh the sacrifices.

Oh the scars.

Oh the abuse.

Oh the manipulation.

Oh the loses.

Oh the love.

Oh the support.

Oh the strength.

Oh the wins.

Oh the memories.

The memories will always stay, but they will get distant eventually.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 35 6
๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ, ๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฌ๐š๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฉ๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž...
45.2K 788 19
๐™ฐ ๐šŒ๐š‘๐š’๐š•๐š๐š‘๐š˜๐š˜๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐šœ๐š๐š๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š๐š˜ ๐šŠ ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š›๐šข ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐šŠ๐š• ๐š๐š›๐š’๐šŽ๐š—๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŠ๐š,๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š ๐š’๐š•๐š• ๐š•๐š˜๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐š ๐š’๐š๐š‘ ๐š ๐š‘๐š˜...
298K 8.3K 29
๊’ฐ ๐€๐Œ๐€๐‘๐€๐๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐๐„. ๊’ฑ โœง ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ผ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ณ๐—ผ๐˜† โ†ณ [๐’‰๐’‚๐’“๐’“๐’š ๐’‘๐’๐’•๐’•๐’†๐’“] เฟ เฟ”*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ โŠฑ ๐–ฟ๐–พ๐—†!๐—ˆ๐–ผ ๐—‘ ๐–ฝ๐—‹๐–บ๐–ผ๐—ˆ ๐—†๐–บ๐—…๐–ฟ๐—ˆ๐—’ โŠฑ ๐–ข๐–ฎ๐–ฌ๐–ฏ๐–ซ๐–ค๐–ณ...
3K 13 20
๐‘‚๐‘›๐‘’๐‘ โ„Ž๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘  ๐‘œ๐‘“ ๐ท๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ž๐‘๐‘œ ๐‘€๐‘Ž๐‘™๐‘“๐‘œ๐‘ฆ ๐‘ฅ ๐ป๐‘Ž๐‘Ÿ๐‘Ÿ๐‘ฆ ๐‘ƒ๐‘œ๐‘ก๐‘ก๐‘’๐‘Ÿ ๐ผ๐‘“ ๐‘ฆ๐‘œ๐‘ข ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘™๐‘–๐‘˜๐‘’, ๐‘‘๐‘œ๐‘›'๐‘ก ๐‘Ÿ๐‘’๐‘Ž๐‘‘, ๐‘–๐‘ก'๐‘  ๐‘กโ„Ž๐‘Ž๐‘ก ๐‘ ๐‘–๐‘š๐‘๏ฟฝ...