Baseball and the Azure Blue S...

By Jacky-chan94

Aoki Sora would never have thought that having a love for cosplay and her unisex name would come in handy for... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1: Who needs Baseball Idiots?
Chapter 2: A maybe not so bad Baseball Idiot
Chapter 3: The Baseball Idiot's Boss
Chapter 4: Joining the Baseball Idiots
Sora Picture Gallery
Chapter 5: Eavesdropping Baseball Idiots
Chapter 6: Confused Baseball Idiots
Chapter 7: Helping the Baseball Idiot recover
Chapter 8: Worrying the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 9: The care of the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 10: Baseball Idiots hanging out
Chapter 11: A serious talk with a Baseball Idiot
Chapter 12: Retired Baseball Idiots and older brothers
Chapter 13: Baseball Idiots and battery partners
Chapter 14: Bonding with the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 15: A jealous Baseball Idiot
Chapter 16: A surprise for the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 17: Christmas with the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 18: Sleepover with the Baseball Idiot's Captain
Chapter 19: Baseball Idiots finally free!
Chapter 20: The blonde Baseball Idiot (Part 1)
Chapter 21: The blonde Baseball Idiot (Part 2)
Chapter 22: A Baseball Idiot being lost
Chapter 23: Baseball Idiots at practice
Chapter 24: Baseball Idiots revealing secrets?
Chapter 25: The Baseball Idiot and the fake girlfriend
Chapter 26: Baseball Idiots heart-to-heart
Chapter 28: The Baseball Idiot's day off
Chapter 29: Forgiving the Baseball Idiots
Chapter 30: Getting to know the Baseball Idiot's Ace
Chapter 31: A drunk Baseball Idiot
Chapter 32: Valentine with the Baseball Idiots
Valentine Special: Cosplay Café Gallery (Part 1)
Valentine Special: Cosplay Café Gallery (Part 2)

Chapter 27: Baseball Idiots and One Piece

85 6 0
By Jacky-chan94

"Wahaha! I'm gonna be the King of Pirates!" Sawamura shouted, hands confidently placed on his hips and grinning widely from ear to ear.

Sora and Tomoko were utterly impressed.

"Wow, Tomo-chan... That really fits well!"

"And we didn't even have to do much either"

"Amazing..."

The brown haired pitcher had pestered Sora that he wanted to try out cosplay after he had worn that waiter uniform back at the wellness center. Taking pictures for the young manager of the cosplay café apparently had been so much fun that Sawamura had insisted on trying out the real deal. But since the young Seidou southpaw was inexperienced and also didn't have any own costumes or wigs, the blue haired girl had asked Tomoko if she would let them try on some things after closing time.

"He isn't even wearing a wig, but still..." the blonde manager mused, fingers placed thoughtfully on her chin.

"Yup, the personified Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece in the flesh", Sora agreed.

"The next King of Pirates..."

"The next ace of Seidou!"

To be completely honest, the blue head would never have thought that simply putting Sawamura into an unbuttoned long sleeved red shirt, knee-length light blue jeans with a yellow shawl around his waist as a kind of belt, a straw hat and some flip-flops could have an effect like that! It was truly amazing how well that fit together. Sawamura having brown instead of black hair and not wearing a wig didn't even make that much of a difference with the hat on his head, shadowing his features enough to just classify it as dark hair only.

"Eijun, you're a prodigy!" Sora declared proudly, making Sawamura blush with happiness, bright sparkles appearing in his hazel eyes all of a sudden.

"Ah, no, no, no", he laughed awkwardly. "Or well, if you really think that... Maybe I am..."

"Yes, Eijun-kun, I'm impressed", also Tomoko praised much to the young pitcher's joy. "So, how about we take some pictures, Sora-chan?"

"Sure, that's why I'm still in my cosplay anyway"

It was One Piece theme week in the café and the blue haired girl was cosplaying Princess Vivi since it fit well with her natural hair color. She was wearing the oriental seeming Alabasta Arc costume and took a lot of pride in it since it looked truly gorgeous on her. Two of her actual female colleagues had volunteered to do Nami and Robin as well, so the girl's cast of the Straw Hat Crew of the popular anime was taken care of, much to Tomoko's relief.

"C'mon Eijun, let's do some posing for Tomo-chan"

"Hell, yeah!"

January had been over in a flash even though it was still the off season and Seidou was forbidden to have practice games during that period. The usual practice schedule had been more than enough to keep the players occupied, not to mention the retired third years were still coming over to help every now and then.

Additionally, Sora had been busy with homework, studying and tutoring sessions since the final exams were getting closer and with that also the graduation of their senpais. Nothing the young girl was actually looking forward to, but it couldn't be helped. In fact, she had gotten very attached to the brotherly third years over the last weeks.

After they had been in the wellness center and also after Christmas and new year, the almost graduates had kept their promise and had stopped by in Tomoko's café very frequently. They had made it their usual meeting place, whether to relax after a hard day of studying for entrance exams or just to get some coffee before starting a study session some place else or even holding their cram meetings right in the café, the third years soon enough had established an own regular's table.

Given that fact, also the bonding with Sora and with Tomoko and some of the staff members as well had progressed smoothly, not making the upcoming parting from them any easier for the young girl. Especially Takigawa still had regular contact with the blue head, because she was giving him massages and he even had visited her father in the wellness center to let him check upon his injury and the older catcher honestly seemed to like Tomoko's chocolate parfait.

Isashiki had developed an anime and manga friendship with the blue haired girl, exchanging newest volumes of shoujo manga and gossiping about plots and characters whenever they had enough time and the older pink haired Kominato finally had found someone in Sora who would watch horror movies with him without being scared to death. She even accompanied him to the cinema for one of the newest upcoming thrillers, much to his delight and much to his younger brother's relief because he hadn't had to be the one being dragged along despite his fear.

To her great surprise, Tanba and Miyauchi had been the ones supporting the young girl with her weight and muscle training which she had decided herself to focus on a little bit more in order to build a more solid core for her pitching form. The former ace had given her a lot of advice as to which muscle groups to train and the older catcher had provided her with his special protein drink that apparently helped with bulking up. Although, she had to adjust her dose to a female body, of course. She didn't want to look like Mister Universe as a girl, thank you very much.

The former captain Yuuki had been pretty determined to teach Sora his favorite game shougi since she didn't have a clue how to play that at all, but it hadn't taken her very long to beat him every single time. She was a very fast learner and she had the rules of the game memorized to keep her motivated senpai company because it appeared to be important to him, but in the meantime she had gotten way better than him, unfortunately.

Masuko and Sakai just seemed to tag along because of the delicious food, both of them really had a thing for and for the cute girls in sexy cosplays. Sora literally shattered their world view when she told them that at least half of the employees were male, but after they had overcome their state of shock, they made a game trying to guess who was actually a girl and who was crossdressing as one. Besides that, they often asked the blue haired girl about the team and how their other teammates were doing. Especially Masuko wanted to be updated regularly about Kuramochi and Sawamura, his former roommates, which Sora thought was absolutely adorable.

She knew she would miss them terribly when they'd be gone after graduation. And she wasn't alone with that.

When they were finally done with their modelling and photo shooting, Sora and Sawamura got changed and the young southpaw pitcher accompanied her to the bus stop that would take her home. It was weekend and the blue haired girl had requested and also had been granted a homestay. Of course she was still showing up to practice and also went to her shifts in the café, but from Friday evening to Sunday evening Sora was staying with her family for once.

She did that every now and then since her family lived near the school compounds and sometimes they also asked her for help in their wellness center, so no one had complained or suspected anything weird behind it, but to be completely honest, the young girl needed some time and space for herself. Ever since Kuramochi had kissed her that day of their so-called fake date, the young girl was horribly confused.

They still never had a proper conversation about it. Every time Sora had wanted to talk, something had prevented it somehow. Sure, the team was busy and she herself was also busy, as well as every single player, including the green haired shortstop, but seriously... could it be that difficult to have some privacy?! She had the feeling that she hadn't been alone with Kuramochi or also Miyuki for what felt like ages and now it was already the beginning of February!

Still, both boys somehow managed to get under her skin and to give her the feeling that something very essential had changed in their relationship to each other. However, the blue haired girl wasn't really able to grasp what it was. They weren't behaving very differently or out of character, but the vibes sure had changed nevertheless and that fact made Sora insecure. She didn't know if that was only her imagination and she hated that feeling. The young girl tried her best to remain her usual self, also relying on her acting skills, but with Kuramochi and Miyuki she didn't want to play a role. With those two she wanted to be honest and her true self as much as possible. They were that important to her. And maybe... even more...

Sora shook her head fiercely. No! That wasn't good! She shouldn't feel that way and she sure as hell shouldn't start anything. Besides, both boys had made it very clear that they liked girls, not boys and also not both! So, why had Kuramochi kissed her then? And right after she had given her fake explanation that her male version was gay to protect her actual secret? That time it had felt like the shortstop had taken that as some kind of permission to just go ahead... But that couldn't possibly be true, right? Nah... No way!

He must've been confused. Yeah, right! That was the only rational explanation. Sora had been in female cosplay and Kuramochi had felt attracted to that, so he had lost it for a moment and had acted up on it without thinking anything special of it. That had to be it! Definitely! No way the shortstop could've fallen in love with someone he thought was a guy, right?! Yeah, because that'd be ridiculous!

Same thing with Miyuki. He was a jerk and a tease and had a twisted personality, so he was just giving his sarcastic comments as always. That wasn't anything new or special after all, so no need to interpret too much into it. Their friendly banter Sora had with her captain just continued. She probably felt closer to him now because they were forming a battery in practice more often and because she had finally accepted him as her partner. In baseball only, of course! And also only temporarily, since her baseball career would be over after High School.

The blue haired girl took a deep breath and turned on her bed in her room to lie on her stomach, hugging her pillow tightly. She had successfully calmed herself down enough to have some clear thoughts again, that was good. She decided to let the topic of the kiss with Kuramochi slide. Letting it go was a better solution than to desperately search for an opportunity to talk about it, when there probably wasn't even anything to talk about anyway. She should behave normally. Yeah, that was for the best if she didn't want to ruin another friendship. And such a precious one, too.

By the way, Sora wasn't even sure if she was crushing on one of them. Or rather, on both of them? Ugh, no! There was no way in hell she could be liking two boys at the same time, right? That was just because they were spending their whole free time with each other, so she was confused as well. Besides, she had been in very embarrassing situations with both of them already, but if she wasn't a girl, it wouldn't have been something to be ashamed of at all, right? So, she was just making up things in her head because she was female, but the two guys still thought she was male, so there was no problem. Only in her head. Yeah, her imagination was the problem. The young girl had to clear her mind was all! Hence, the homestay. No Kuramochi and no Miyuki for two and a half days, perfect opportunity!

If she only wouldn't miss them so bad...!

It was weird not playing videogames with Kuramochi or not having Miyuki take refuge in her dorm room because the other loud bunch was occupying his own again. She missed watching movies with both of them or with even more members of the team, missed the study sessions with Kawakami, Shirasu, Watanabe and sometimes also Maezono if it was literature and she missed not being able to doze off on Sawamura's shoulder after video calling with her brother and spending the night snuggled up to the young southpaw's chest without having to think anything heart throbbing of it.

Hell, she was so whipped, it was actually pathetic! What now?! She couldn't spend a night or a weekend without her teammates anymore without nearly suffocating from loneliness?! Eeeew, sick! Toxic much?!

Sora let out an annoyed groan and snatched her smartphone from her night table to distract herself a bit. Until she opened LINE and scrolled through the absolutely beautiful pictures Tomoko had taken from her and Sawamura in their One Piece cosplay. Oh well, screw rationality, let you heart take over... She posted the photos in their Seidou group chat.

Baseball Idiots for Life!

(No, seriously... Who the hell had named it like that and thought this was a good idea?!)

Sora has sent 5 new pictures.

Sora: Behold the mighty King of Pirates and his Princess and cower in fear, ya landlubbers!

Future Ace: Whooo, Sora! We're lookin' great! Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Sora: Uh, Eijun... Haven't you asked Tomo-chan for the pictures? She could've given them to you too, ya know...

Future Ace: Nope, forgot... Hehe.

Kane: Idiot!

Future Ace: Oi! Rude!

Kane: No, true!

Nice Guy: Shinji... Gee!

Lucky Boy: Oh Eijun-kun, I didn't know you're doing cosplay now too.

Sora: You have no idea how long he's been bothering me with that...

Lucky Boy: My condolences, Sora-kun. I hope your nerves are still intact.

Sora: Barely...

Future Ace: Waaah! Harucchi, Sora, stop bullying me!

White Assassin: Hey, is that One Piece? That's nice!

Master Scout: Right, you two look good.

Sora: Thank you, Nabe!

Guardian Spirit: How was the princess called again?

Sora: It's Princess Vivi, Nori.

Power Batter: A shame she left the crew so early.

OnoOno: True, but the Alabasta Arc was really good.

Missile Man: What is a "One Piece"?!

Future Ace: Wha-...?! Furuya! You don't know One Piece?!

Sora: Wow, Furuya... Seriously?!

Power Batter: That's a crime!

Missile Man: Sorry?

Nice Guy: Don't mind, Furuya. One Piece is an anime series. It's actually very popular, so we're just surprised that you've never heard of it.

Lucky Boy: Just for the reference, Eijun-kun and Sora-kun are cosplaying two characters of the anime One Piece on the pictures.

Missile Man: Oh, I see. Thanks.

Sora: Okay guys, who wants to join a weekly One Piece marathon? We can't let Furuya die in ignorance. One evening a week should be doable, right?

Future Ace: Hell yeah!

Kane: Count me in!

Nice Guy: Me too.

Lucky Boy: Me three.

White Assassin: Good idea, Sora.

Master Scout: Should we compare schedules then? You can all send me your free evenings and I'll figure something out?

Guardian Spirit: Sounds good, thank you Nabe.

Power Batter: How nostalgic! I watched One Piece as a lil' boy. Will be nice to see it again!

OnoOno: Guys, aren't you forgetting something? Does Furuya even want to watch anime?

Missile Man: I'm not planning to die yet though...

Sora: Hahaha! Dear Gods in Heaven!

Lucky Boy: No, Furuya-kun. That's just a saying. Sora wants to show you One Piece because you don't know it yet. We're all planning on watching it together as a team with you now, if you want.

Missile Man: Ah, then I don't mind.

Nice Guy: That's probably as cooperative as it can get...

Sora: By the way guys, where are Kaz and Mochi? Dropped dead during extra practice or somethin'?

Power Batter: Now that you mention it, haven't seen them all evening.

Sora: Are you occupying someone's room again?

Kane: No, not today. Captain should be fine.

White Assassin: Probably reading score books.

Future Ace: But Kuramochi-senpai hasn't returned to our room yet... Harucchi, do you know anything?

Lucky Boy: Unfortunately not. You-san didn't say anything during practice. We didn't play videogames today either.

Sora: OMG, I'm so gonna kill 'em! Eijun, check my room pls. If it isn't locked, you're allowed to go in, you have my permission.

Future Ace: 'Kay, wait a sec.

Missile Man: Sora, why your room?

Sora: Heck, that's what I want to know!!!

Missile Man: ???

Future Ace: Wahaha, guys, you won't believe me!!!

Future Ace: It's so damn hilarious!

Future Ace: And Sora, you're scary! How did you know?! Are you clairvoyant???

Sora: Yes, probably.

Future Ace has sent a new picture.

Guardian Spirit: Okay... Why are Kuramochi and Miyuki sleeping in Sora's room?

Sora: Again... That's MY line! What in the ever-loving hell are they thinking?! Now I'm creeped out, I swear!

OnoOno: Calm down, Sora. There has to be a reason for this, right?

Sora: Believe me, I'm gonna show 'em a reason...!

Master Scout: Wait... Didn't you imply it should be locked when you sent over Sawamura? How did they get in then?

Sora: That's why I'm pissed! I usually lock my door and keep the key with me. They broke into my room! The nerve they have... With them just peacefully dozing off there I wouldn't have had a problem at all!

Future Ace: KURAMOCHI-SENPAI AND MIYUKI-SENPAI HAVE TURNED INTO DELINQUENTS!!!

Lucky Boy: Eijun-kun, no! Stop that!

Nice Guy: So, uhm... What should we do now? Wake them up and throw them out?

Power Batter: I can take care of it. I'm a vice-captain too after all. Let me handle! I'm gonna give 'em a piece of my mind!

Sora: Thanks, guys. But it's okay, don't bother. Just let them sleep.

White Assassin: What are you planning?

Guardian Spirit: Kenjirou...?!

Sora: Have an idea...

Future Ace: Have mercy! Let them live! They are so young...

Sora: Hahaha! You know me too well for your own good, Eijun. But don't worry, it's not all that bad, I promise.

Lucky Boy: Maybe we should tell them to leave the country...

Sora: Oi Haru, that's not nice!

Missile Man: You said you want to kill them.

Sora: Okay, can someone pls teach Furuya the meaning of metaphors? How literally do you take things, Gee?! What are you taking me for? Besides on which side are you guys actually? I'm the victim here!

Kane: No offense, but I guess no one can picture you as a victim, Sora.

Sora: I had two guys breaking into my dorm room... What am I if not a victim?!

Nice Guy: Spirit of Vengeance?

Future Ace: Oh, nice one Toujou!

Sora: Okay, I give up! I'm so done with my life, dealing with you all!

Master Scout: I have the schedule ready. I'll send a pic.

Master Scout has sent a new picture.

Master Scout: As you can see, Saturday evening would be the best option for everyone, so I'd suggest meeting up after we're all done with practice, dinner and showering.

OnoOno: Sounds good. Thank you, Nabe. Where do we want to watch it actually?

Sora: I'd invite you over to my room since I don't have any roommates. You could use the unoccupied bunks to sit on since we're so many. If Kaz and Mochi won't want to move in, I mean lol.

White Assassin: Then it's settled.

Power Batter: Saturdays in Sora's room for One Piece.

Guardian Spirit: Thank you, Sora!

Sora: You're welcome! :D

The blue haired girl sighed and left the group chat, only to create another group. She had been meaning to do that for a while now anyway, so why not now?

Seidou The Kings Forever

(Yeah, that's how you name a cool group, bitches!)

Sora has added 8 new members to the group.

Sora has sent a new picture.

Sora: Guys, can you believe it... They broke into my dorm room! It was locked when I left for my homestay, Gee!

Sora: Ah and I should say hi from Tomo-chan. She was glad that Chris-senpai liked her chocolate parfait!

Spitz: THEY DID WHAT???

Muscle-senpai: They do have some nerve!

Tetsu-Captain: That's unacceptable. I will have a serious talk with them!

Pink Demon: It seems they want to die early...

SaSa: I actually can't believe how stupid they are.

Ace-sama: Agreed.

Pudding Lover: Ugah!

The True Genius Catcher: Thank you, Sora. We're gonna stop by tomorrow again. And yes, the parfait was very delicious. Oh, nice group name, by the way. I like it.

Sora: Thanks Chris-senpai. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. Since it's weekend I'm starting earlier than usual, but I guess you're already used to that by now.

Sora: And before I forget it, have a look at that. From future ace to pirate king.

Sora has sent 5 new pictures.

SaSa: Oh hey, cool. That's Sawamura cosplaying Luffy!

The True Genius Catcher: You're looking good together.

Tetsu-Captain: Yes, indeed. Nicely done.

Ace-sama: I didn't know Sawamura was also doing cosplay.

Pudding Lover: Somehow that really fits him. Is Sawamura-chan helping out in the café now?

Sora: Fortunately not lol. He just wanted to try it out with me and it appeared he has a certain talent. Or maybe the role is just perfect for him.

Pink Demon: I assume the latter. They are both loud, annoying and cocky.

Spitz: Ha! Ryou-san you're right!

Pink Demon: Not that you're the one to talk though...

Muscle-senpai: True.

Spitz: OI!

Sora: Haha! Don't mind, Jun-senpai.

Sora: Guys, it's already late, so I'm gonna sleep now. Have a g'night and c ya tomorrow.

Very satisfied with herself, the young girl left the group chat and put her phone back on her night table. Maybe it had been a mistake to look at LINE. Now she would have to think about Kuramochi and Miyuki sleeping in her dorm room all night! Just why did they do something like that to her?! Ugh, what a pain! And there she wanted to forget about them!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 348 12
It all happened so fast. One minute they were together, then the next they weren't. As Kazuya mourns after the loss of his lover, two years and seven...
236K 5.2K 55
Diamond no Ace and characters © Yuji Terajima
760 3 28
Akira is a boy who lives for baseball. Sounds normal for a 16 year old, but he has a secret. In truth, Akira is a girl, which she keeps as a secret f...
3K 112 13
Risaki Haru was a girl who played baseball for as long as she could remember. She was scouted to join the Seido Baseball Team alongside her best frie...