Too Far Gone (Don't Save Me B...

By AccioTherapists

It's finally time for Y/n to reunite with her family but is she ready for everything that comes with being a... More

Chapter One: The Source
Chapter 2: Holding my Breath
Chapter 3: Affection and Hate
Chapter 4: Laughing
Chapter 5: The Escape
Chapter 6: The Quibbler
Chapter 7: The Room of Requirement
Chapter 8: Discovery
Chapter 9: Dumbledore's Army
Chapter 10: Home
Chapter 11: What Do You Want?
Chapter 12: Macnair
Chapter 13: Neville
Chapter 14: The Pensieve
Chapter 16: Voldemort's Daughter
Chapter 17: Department of Mysteries
Chapter 18: Kreacher's Betrayal
Chapter 19: Regulus Black
Chapter 20: Failure
Chapter 21: Wormtail's Punishment
Chapter 22: Eavesdropping
Chapter 23: Eager
Chapter 24: Just a Few Days
Chapter 25: Reunion
Chapter 26: For Both of You
Chapter 27: Another Boggart
Chapter 28: Let the Lessons Begin
Chapter 29: Welcome Home, Y/n Riddle
Chapter 30: The Prophecy
Chapter 31: What Happened?
Chapter 32: A Sign of Life
Chapter 33: If Only...
Chapter 34: Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 35: Who Died?
Chapter 36: The Start of Term
Chapter 37: Malfoy Manor
Chapter 38: I Knew You Had it in You
Chapter 39: Ask Away
Chapter 40: Questions
Chapter 41: Draco
Chapter 42: Suspicions
Chapter 43: The Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 44: The Full Moon
Chapter 45: Confrontation
Chapter 46: Visitors
Chapter 47: Crookshanks
Chapter 48: Anger
Chapter 49: Old Memories
Chapter 50: Quidditch Accident
Chapter 51: Potions Class
Chapter 52: The Memory
Chapter 53: The Astronomy Tower
Chapter 54: The Hospital Wing
Chapter 55: The Letter
Chapter 56: Breakfast
Chapter 57: Another Reunion
Chapter 58: Two Days Later
Chapter 59: Seven Potters
Chapter 60: The Attack
Chapter 61: Sectumsempra
Chapter 62: The Minister's Visit
Chapter 63: The Wedding Crashers
Chapter 64: Macnair's Betrayal
Chapter 65: 10 Minutes
Chapter 66: The Sword of Gryffindor
Chapter 67: In the Face of War

Chapter 15: Veritaserum

127 6 3
By AccioTherapists

 Neither of us talked about that night again and things moved on, though Severus was acting as if Harry didn't exist. Classes were growing particularly tense and there was nothing I could say to him without blowing our cover. It was far easier for my father to believe I simply needed space if Severus and I weren't together. If I were dating a Death Eater it would be much harder to deny becoming one myself. I knew my days were limited before I would have to return to my father but we were trying to delay it as long as possible.

The next few weeks the pranks had paused as students were preparing for exams. Finally Fred and George made a final grand exit and were gone from the school. I couldn't help but feel worried for them as they'd simply quit school but I was also happy for them, knowing they would succeed in life. Following their departure the students had amped up the pranks on Umbridge and she was growing angrier by the day but there was nothing she could do about it as she couldn't identify the culprits.

Harry was taking his examination today and as Minerva and I were preparing to visit Hagrid to discuss his progress with the giants we saw Umbridge and several ministry officials already on their way to his hut. We quickly ran toward them as Minerva began yelling at the ministry officials to leave Hagrid alone. A fight ensued as the ministry tried to take Hagrid and magic began flying. I began blocking several stunners as they began flying toward us but I couldn't stop all of them and I saw Minerva fall to the ground as Hagrid ran toward the gates and disappeared into the darkness.

"Minerva!" I called, crouching next to her.

"Pack your things, Miss Y/l/n!" Umbridge shrieked.

"Shut up, you old toad!" I hissed as I took Minerva's hand, feeling her wrist for a pulse. Relief flooded me when I felt a faint pulse in her wrist.

"Is she alright?" Cornelius asked, kneeling down. I could see him reaching for Minerva and I could feel myself growing angry. He did this!

"Don't touch her!" I hissed, gently lifting her into my arms. "Send for St. Mungo's!"

"Surely Madam Pomfrey could handle thi-."

"Send for St. Mungo's now!" I hissed, interrupting Cornelius's attempt to keep this quiet. I looked down at Minerva and tears filled my eyes as Cornelius ran off. "Mom," I whispered, squeezing her hand. "Please don't leave me here."

***

The next few days were rough. Minerva had been taken to St. Mungo's but she wasn't awake yet. Cornelius had told Umbridge to calm down and "see reason" when she'd attempted to fire me. I'd been with this school for years and the ministry wanted to avoid bad press, especially given that I'd threatened to go to the Daily Prophet and tell them exactly what happened here along with an exclusive interview from Y/n Y/l/n. That seemed to shut Umbridge up pretty quickly.

Severus handed me a stack of parchment, his hand grazing mine and I shivered at the contact, though I couldn't explain why. It wasn't until an image flashed in my mind that I realized why I was suddenly shaking with fear.

"Darling, what is it?" Severus asked me as Lucius's face flashed in my mind and he put a mask over his face.

"Do not fail me, Lucius. I do not think I can handle another failure with such grace." The hand in front of me lifted his wand, pressing into Lucius's neck.

"O-of course, my Lord... we shall not fail you."

A wild mess of hair caught my attention as a familiar laughter filled the room. It was slightly more maniacal but it was hers all the same.

"And you're certain of the vision, my Lord? You've given the boy enough reason to come?"

"Do you doubt me, Lucius?" my father hissed.

"N-no! Of course not, my Lord."

The image faded and my eyes searched the room, trying to regain sense of where I was, before they landed on Severus. His hands were tightly holding mine as he searched my eyes.

"Darling? Is everything alright?"

I nodded but before I could say anything more a knock on the door caught our attention. Severus huffed in annoyance before releasing my hands. "Come in," he hissed.

"The headmistress has requested your presence, Professor Snape," Draco said before his eyes fell on me.

"Y/n? A-are you alright?"

"Leave, Draco."

"Severus, don't be rude," I hissed before turning to Draco. "I'm fine, love. What does Umbridge want?"

"Well, she actually requested both of you... she found Potter trying to use the Floo network to contact someone... she believes he was contacting Dumbledore."

I sighed, thanking him for letting us know, before Severus and I began walking toward her office.

"Darling, what happened back there? What did you see?" Severus asked.

"My father is planning something... he believes Harry will come to them."

"Why would he..." He trails off, not knowing what more to say as we reach the headmaster's office... or rather now the headmistress's office.

"Ah, Snape. I would like another bottle of Veritaserum, as quickly as you can, please."

"I'm afraid you've used up the last of my stores interrogating students," he replied, a small smirk playing on his lips. "Surely you did not use it all? I told you that three drops would be sufficient."

"You can make some more, can't you?" Umbridge replied, growing frustrated.

"Certainly," Severus replied. "It takes a full moon cycle to mature, so I should have it ready for you in around a month."

"A month?" she shrieked. "But I need it this evening, Snape! I have just found Potter using my fire to communicate with a person or persons unknown!"

"Really," Severus replied, coolly. "Well, it doesn't surprise me. Potter has never shown much inclination to follow school rules."

"I wish to interrogate him!" Umbridge shrieked. "I wish you to provide me with a potion that will force him to tell me the truth!"

"I have already told you that I have no further stocks of Veritaserum. Unless you wish to poison Potter — and I assure you I would have the greatest sympathy with you if you did — I cannot help you."

Umbridge huffed in annoyance. "You are being deliberately unhelpful! I expected better! Lucius Malfoy always speaks most highly of you! Now get out of my office!" Severus bowed and turned to leave, his eyes flashing to mine, as he silently told me to come with him.

"He's got Padfoot!" Harry shouted. "He's got Padfoot at the place where it's hidden!"

I felt my throat beginning to close as the breath was knocked from my lungs. Umbridge began to question Severus and I as to what exactly was meant by Harry's statement. Harry's eyes found mine and I could see a million thoughts running around behind his head as he begged me to understand him.

"Padfoot? What is Padfoot? Where what is hidden? What is he talking about, Snape?" Umbridge hissed. Severus gently squeezed my hand, just barely noticeable, a sign for me to keep my emotions in check and stay quiet, though my eyes were filled with tears. My father had Sirius... and there was nothing I could do.

"No idea," Severus replied and left the room. I prepared to do the same but Umbridge was having none of that. "I did not dismiss you, Miss Y/l/n."

"I did not ask to be dismissed, Miss Umbridge."

"You are trying my patience," she hissed.

"And you are trying mine."

Severus turned to look at me and I shook my head. Find out if Sirius is okay. Go alert the Order.

He nodded softly and left the office as Umbridge turned to Harry. "Very well. You give me no choice, Potter... As this is an issue of ministry security, you leave me with... no alternative." She looks between Harry and I, as if trying to decide between one of us, though for what I am not entirely sure.

"The Cruciatus curse ought to loosen your tongue," she muttered to herself.

"That's illegal!" Hermione hissed.

"What Cornelius doesn't know... won't hurt him," Umbridge muttered as she turned down a photo on her desk, one I assumed was probably of Cornelius. She turned to Harry and raised her wand, before turning to me. Hermione opened her mouth, preparing to speak, but I quickly shook my head.

"Professor..."

"It's alright, Hermione." I turn to Umbridge. "This is truly a desperate attempt. It makes you look weak," I goaded.

"Cru-!"

"Professor, wait!" Draco called to her before turning to me. "Just tell her what she wants to know."

"I'm sorry, Draco... but I have no information for her. I know nothing."

"Please," he whispered, tears forming in his eyes. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes but I fought to keep them in. I was supposed to be Draco's godmother, Cissy had told me, but when I disappeared for several years, that never came to pass. Draco hadn't met me until he was nearly 2 years old but he was a sweet kid once... before his father changed him. We'd kept our distance during the school year just in case the ministry began questioning me about my involvement with the death eaters, but I was growing to regret that decision. I hadn't truly spoken with him in several years and I was beginning to see how the years had changed him, but I could sometimes still see that sweet little boy hiding behind this hard exterior.

"Just tell her what she wants to know," he begged.

"I'm sorry, Draco," I replied. "But I don't know anything."

With that, Umbridge shouted the curse and a familiar pain ripped through me, setting my nerves on fire as I fell to my knees. I could hear Harry screaming as the curse ripped through my nerves.

"Tell me the truth!" Umbridge shouted.

I wanted to cry, to scream that I knew nothing but no words left my lips as Hermione shouted: "Tell her, Harry! Tell her the truth and her pain will stop!"

Harry looked at Hermione confused as she continued. "Well, if you won't tell her where it is..."

Suddenly the curse was lifted and I collapsed onto the ground, breathing heavily. Harry ran toward me, gently taking my arm and lifting me as Umbridge began questioning Hermione.

"A-are you alright? I-I'm so sorry, Y/n."

"I'm fine, Harry. Look at me." I took his face in my hands. "You have nothing to be sorry for." I pulled him into a hug, whispering to him. "I am so proud of you, Harry."

"Dumbledore's secret weapon," Hermione replied to Umbridge.

Ron and Harry looked confused but I smirked, knowing exactly what Hermione was doing, stalling for time. Clever witch.

"Hermione... don't," I murmur, knowing this would make Umbridge believe there was some secret weapon we were trying to hide.

"Well," Umbridge hissed. "What is this weapon?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 38 24
Rhiannon Elizabeth Black is the daughter of the infamous Sirius Black. When she returns to Hogwarts after she and Harry participated in the Tri-Wizar...
6.8K 774 77
As the end of their seventh year approaches, the Marauders find themselves thrown into a war between Voldemort and the Order of the Phoenix. While Ja...
636K 17.1K 46
"Order of the Phoenix." When Hogwarts becomes an unsafe place, Cassiopeia Tonks learns that if there's going to be a real war, she'd rather fight kno...
35.5K 1.5K 25
Whenever Harry does something drastic, he always ends up in a strange situation. Warnings: Harry was never in love with Ginny (They were only very go...