A Hero's Blessing On This Won...

By PhoenixTMC

Kieran Williams, technically once a streamer, ended up dying due to him lacking sleep. Being Isekai'd into a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - The Reincarnation
Chapter 2 - Welcome to Axel
Chapter 3 - Attempting a Kill Quest
Chapter 4 - Settling in at the Terāzu Inn
Chapter 5 - Forming a Party & 2 Weeks Training
Chapter 6 - The Witch of Calamity
Chapter 8 - A Dullahan Appears!
Chapter 9 - Some Catching Up & A Strange Communication
Chapter 10 - Following Along For A Purification Quest
Chapter 11 - The Dullahan Returns!
Chapter 12 - Phantom VS General Verdia
Chapter 13 - The Return of a Phoenix Along With Some New Friends
Chapter 14 - The Figure Cloaked In Darkness
Chapter 15 - An Un-Cleansable Curse!? & Omega Alpha
Chapter 16 - Confronting One's Demons

Chapter 7 - An Expedition

176 6 2
By PhoenixTMC

Right now, Phantom is currently looking at the Quest Board for any easy Quests, however she couldn't really find any as she seemed rather stunned. Kiara was also confused, but she did remember something.

Kiara: "That Devil King's General sure knows how to ruin our fun huh..?"

Phantom: "I don't see how a Quest could be fun in the first place. Yet with all these high level Quests, I honestly thought that there would be an easy one somewhere. Most of them have high ranking difficulties..."

Luna: "Hey Kiara!"

The two turned to look at the receptionist Luna as she came by to check up on them.

Kiara: "Hey Luna. I do apologize but... Do you perhaps have a lower ranking Quest for us so we could get some experience in?"

Luna: "Well, because of one of the Devil King's Generals living nearby, most of the lower level monsters are currently in hiding... However about a day ago, there's been someone who is requesting a party of Adventurers to help out."

Phantom: "Do you know who this person is?"

Luna: "Not personally, however he is more of a business kind of guy. He owns his own group as well as his own trading connections. I think it would be better if you go and meet him instead of questioning more about him..."

Phantom: "I think that would be for the best. We'll take it then right?"

Phantom said, turning her gaze to Kiara who decided to be enthusiastic.

Kiara: "Yeah, we will. It might lead to some new opportunities you know? We'll take it."

Luna: "Alright, well you need to travel into the nearby forest to find him. Apparently it's located around some sort of ruins. You can't really miss it if you head Northward."

Phantom: "We'll keep that in mind, thank you Luna."

Phantom then began to walk off suddenly as Kiara panicked in a split moment, beginning to follow as well. As the two were outside the Adventurer's Guild, Kiara had to ask something.

Kiara: "You know, I got a question. Don't we need another party member at least?"

Phantom: "We could if that's what you want, but I just don't see it being required."

Kiara: "I could get another party to come along."

Phantom: "Not necessary. The receptionist said that 'a party' should go, not multiple."

Kiara then pouted as she looked away.

Kiara: "Fine. But you'll regret it when we needed another member."

Phantom narrowed her eyes.

Phantom: "Somehow I highly doubt that..."

???: "Hey Kiara!"

The two then turned to see Millie who ran up to them, breathing heavily as it seemed like she had a long run.

Kiara: "Millie Parfait right..?"

Millie: "Y-Yeah... Sorry about that... I was looking for you to talk to you about something.."

Kiara: "What is it?"

Millie then calmed down, breathing slower as she relaxed. She then decided to get her point across.

Millie: "I want to join your party!"

Kiara and Phantom blinked a few times, honestly caught off guard, though Millie seemed to have taken it the wrong way.

Millie: "What's with that expression!? I'm willing to join your party!"

Phantom: "It's not that... But why do you want to join our party?"

Millie: "The truth is... I would rather join somebody I sort of know than someone I completely don't! I can prove my worth!"

Kiara: "I don't really see an issue about it but-"

Phantom then interrupted by using her hand to cover Kiara's, making her mumble as she couldn't get her words out.

Phantom: "Let me ask you something, Millie Parfait."

Phantom then let go of Kiara, looking at Millie with a serious expression that would seem intimidating to both Millie and Kiara.

Phantom: "If you're willing to prove your worth, do you prefer a little trial run?"

Millie: "T-Trial r-run..?"

Phantom: "It is to test you to see if you're able to be useful for the party."

Millie: "I.. I can do that! I won't let you down that easily! I, the Great Witch of Calamity will show you what I can do!"

Phantom: "Very well. Now come along, we got a fair distance to travel."

Phantom then began walking as Millie was surprised by Phantom's intimidation, though Kiara just simply smiled towards Millie.

Kiara: "Don't worry, she's like that most of the time. Come on."

She then walked ahead to catch up with Phantom, with Millie adjusting her hat as she ran to catch up with them. We then cut to the trio in the middle of the forest that was relatively close to Axel as Phantom was leading the way, scouting for any signs of monsters to ensure that they don't get surprise attacked.

Though Millie and Kiara were talking a lot, mainly to keep each other entertained as they found the long walk completely boring for the most part. However when they arrived to their destination, they were surprised to find this place mostly in tact. The forest did give off a unique vibe that this place must've been ancient, but the crumbling bricks were covered mostly by the growing vegetation. 

They did notice a camp up ahead, very close to the entrance as there were people walking about. However what was strange to them was that these people didn't really carry any weapons of any sort, which would confuse the trio as they arrived to the front entrance to the camp, only to be stopped by one of the henchmen.

???: "Halt. You are trespassing without proper authorization. State your business."

The henchmen had what one could describe as fancy suits while also seemingly close to looking like being part of a mafia organization. Though Phantom was genuinely confused because as far as she experienced, there wasn't much with fancy attires like these in the first place. 

Phantom: "We're here to see your boss I would assume. A Quest was sent out to the Adventurer's Guild back in Axel about needing an Adventurer party to help out."

???: "I see. Very well then. Follow me."

Phantom nodded as she followed the henchman, though Millie and Kiara were having a bad feeling about this. 

Millie: "I'm not so sure about this now..."

Kiara: "Yeah. I think we should head back..."

Phantom: "No can do. We came all the way out here because we accepted the Quest. I ain't leaving until I know all the details."

Kiara and Millie wanted to say something, but they simply kept quiet as they assumed that Phantom knew what she was doing. Phantom was looking around, seeing all these henchmen by the other tents as she realized that some of them had guns, which was odd as most people in this world as she knew it, weren't smart enough or even knew how to make guns in the first place. She did notice some wagons with some of the horses with various brown and black furs.

Phantom: "You all seem well advanced in comparison to what I have seen..."

???: "The Boss has been granting us such weaponry thanks to his innovations and ingenuity. Most areas across the world ain't aware of us and the Boss prefers to keep it that way. We only pick particular benefactors that supply us with the income."

Phantom: "And who makes these weapons?"

???: "That would be our smiths. They learnt from our Boss on how to develop them, we consider it a God's gift."

Phantom: "God's gift?"

???: "The Boss claims to be brought to us by a Goddess, so we believed him and followed his leadership. He gave us a purpose."

Phantom didn't say anything afterwards as she was trying to process the information, leading her to come up with her own theories. The one she could come up with was that this Boss must be from another world as there's no way a fantasy world like this would be given the chance of creating weaponry like guns and those kind of things.

They did eventually reach the largest tent in the camp, which the trio came to a halt as the henchman ordered them to wait outside for a moment so they could get permission to step on in. After a bit of waiting, the henchman came out as he told the trio that they were allowed to enter. 

The three made their way inside as they noticed that this tent was quite spacious as there was a large table in the centre, with a layout of the ruins in question on a largely scaled map. There was a young man who was looking at the map while rubbing his chin in thought. He has blonde hair and purple eyes, though his attire definitely didn't belong to this world, confirming Phantom's suspicion and theory. The man looked up, looking at the trio.

???: "So, you three must be here to help out with my request?"

Phantom: "That's correct. May we know your name and what exactly you do, along with why you need help in the first place?"

???: "Ah right of course..."

He then cleared his throat, walking around the table to meet with the trio face to face.

Luca: "I'm Luca Kaneshiro, the leader of a simple group that focuses on the best trades you can imagine. We tend to trade information for profit, while also taking down some corrupt people. However, for the reason why I asked for help was because these ruins are unknown to us and we have reason to believe that there is a special form of mineral down there."

Phantom: "So you want us to go down there and retrieve the mineral you're after?"

Luca: "That is correct. Now may I know the name of the Adventurers that I will be dealing business with on this fine day?"

Phantom did find him a bit suspicious mainly because of the fact that he is being straight forward with them, however she can tell that he is trying to be a business kind of guy. She is aware that they are searching for the mineral, but for what purpose, she wouldn't know.

Phantom: "I'm Phantom. The one to my right is Kiara."

Kiara then waved her hand in a friendly manner.

Kiara: "Hello~!"

Phantom: "The one to my left is Millie."

Millie: "Hi."

Luca: "Alright then, Phantom, Kiara, Millie, I am interested to see how our business will proceed. You three came from Axel right?"

Phantom: "Yes."

Luca: "Well then, you three will be heading down there to retrieve a special mineral that is more of a crystal. However these crystals are rather... Unique."

He then went to a particular crate that was close by, taking out a purple crystal that is quite sharp, but well refined, showing it to the trio.

Luca: "This, is quite the special kind. Feel anything fascinating?"

Phantom was confused at first, however when she concentrated on the crystal, it did give off a feeling. This was strange, making her think that this is some form of Magic crystal.

Luca: "These crystals contain Magical energy, once generated by an unknown force. No one knows or is aware of such mineral's existence. We are the most lucky few to be aware of such useful minerals. We once found some of them in an abandoned ruin not too far from the main capitals. However the main source of such valuable quantities, come from here. Right under our noses."

Kiara: "Why do you need them?"

Luca: "Well you see, we are just trying to keep most of the minerals to ourselves, using them for our supplies. Our smiths tend to forge them into valuable ammunition for our weapons. Thus allowing us to do significant damage to those of higher power, since most of us don't have any usage of Skills or Magic, we try to use ingenuity to get by."

Millie: "That sounds complicated..."

Luca: "It can be for some, but not to most. Enough about that, I need you to head down there with one of our best smiths to retrieve some to prove this claim. There could be some form of dangers lurking down there and we aren't sure on what they could be. Though some of my men did report some sightings of creatures like Orcs, Goblins, you name it. So be cautious and get some crystals as soon as you can as we do need to prepare for further developments and plan ahead of schedule. Got it?"

Phantom: "I believe we understand Mr. Kaneshiro."

Luca: "Please, just call me Luca. After all, we're business partners at the moment."

Phantom nodded as she then began to leave with the trio, but Luca said something to them first.

Luca: "Remember to meet the smith at the entrance to the ruins. She'll be waiting there."

Phantom didn't say anything, but she got the idea as she left, finding the entrance. Though the entrance was technically a very large set of doors that was slightly open, mostly being five to ten times the height of everybody around. It honestly did interest Phantom a bit on how long ago this must've been, however she then spotted someone awaiting at the entrance, leaning on a large hammer.

She had blonde hair and red eyes, though her attire spoke a little closer to the others, yet she did kind of give off that arctic feeling.

???: "You lot the Adventurers?"

Phantom: "That would be us."

???: "I was told a bit about you lot. Phantom, Kiara and Millie. You lot came from Axel and I do appreciate it honestly. The Boss tends to be a bit... Laid back you could say. However he allowed me to continue my career as a smith. I'm Kaela Kovalskia. Let's get going shall we? We don't have a lot of time on our hands."

Phantom agreed as the party travelled alongside Kaela into the ruins. The ruins itself wasn't that bad looking as it did give off the feeling of an ancient temple, though the fact this was well hidden amongst the forest terrain was baffling to Phantom. As much as she could get out of this, this did feel like she was entering a Dungeon from one of those MMORPGs from her world. 

They spent a few minutes searching the inside, finding no enemies or monsters around, which was a good sign, however they did manage to find a passageway that would lead them down deeper into the ruins. The trio had to come to a decision whether to travel further in, or simply call it a day, however to Kaela, she wanted to travel further inward, with or without the party. 

So in the end, they agreed to travel further down, strangely finding themselves in some sort of cave system. Though Kaela knew straight away what this was, as it was what they were looking for. This system was filled to the brim with the crystals they were searching for as its vibrant and bright colours were shimmering with magnificence. 

Phantom couldn't help but be entranced by it all as Kiara looked around with sparkly eyes. Millie on the other hand would be cautious, but fascinated about these crystals.

Phantom: "This must be it right?"

Kaela: "Yes. I'll get to work, you lot cover me."

Phantom nodded as the trio went on guard duty. Kaela used her large hammer to smash into some of the crystals, shattering them as it did make a loud noise, which could've been bad if they weren't prepared. 

It was quiet for the most part besides the shattering of crystals as they couldn't really hear anything coming from anywhere. After about a few minutes, Kaela had a bag filled with crystals, having a small smile on her face.

Kaela: "Alright, I think that'll do for now. We should-"

Before she could finish her sentence, she was suddenly hit in the back of her left shoulder by an arrow, making her fall to her knee as the trio's eyes widened.

Kiara: "Kaela!"

Another arrow was about to hit again, however Kiara managed to get in front this time, summoning her shield as she blocked it. Phantom went to check up on Kaela, noticing that this arrow was definitely nothing bad as if it was a poisonous one, it would've made this situation worse.

Phantom: "You alright?"

Kaela: "Yeah... This is nothing."

Phantom: "Kiara, can you figure out where the attacks are coming from?"

Kiara then looked around, trying to see past most of the crystals, however it seemed to be really difficult as whatever shot at them was hiding really well.

Kiara: "It's too difficult to tell. I can't see them with all these crystals."

Phantom: "Alright. Millie, you got anything that could detect them?"

Millie: "I uh..."

Phantom: "Now's the time to prove yourself."

Millie gulped, preparing herself as she pulled out her wand, ready to cast something. She aimed it to the ground as she began chanting. Though while chanting, a bright circle began to surround the group.

Millie: "Though our sight may be clouded, I call upon the sight to seek out our foes! O' Great Calamity! ENHANCED VISION!"

Suddenly, the circle then began to spread throughout the entire cave system that they were in, only for her to see through all of the crystals. In her vision, she could tell that these crystals were sort of bright, making it harder to see as it could've blinded her, however she was able to spot out what she could assume to be Goblins.

Millie: "Okay... There are about a several amount of Goblins... Though they are remaining hidden."

Phantom: "Alright, Kiara. Can you protect us as we get the crystals and Kaela to safety?"

Kiara: "I can manage that!"

Phantom: "Millie, you help out Kiara."

Millie: "Right!"

Phantom: "Alright then, let's go!"

Phantom then helped Kaela up as she began to bring her along. Kiara did notice that several arrows were being fired at them, so Kiara focused on defending and deflecting the incoming arrows whenever they came flying, while Millie was mainly keeping her eyes open for the Goblins' numbers.

They kept going at a quick pace until they reached the way they came in, only for there to be Orcs standing in their way.

Phantom: "Damn... Just wait a bit Kaela."

Phantom then let go of Kaela as she was again on her knee, trying to hold the pain in as Phantom summoned her Twin Eagle Swords, spinning them a bit as she charged towards the small group of Orcs. Each attack was precise and accurate as she focused on disarming them first, then focusing on weakening their centre of balance as she would finish most of them off.

Kaela would be amazed by Phantom's display as to her, it looked like a dance more than an actual fight. Once Phantom was able to take care of the Orcs in their path, she de-summoned her swords as she immediately helped Kaela up again, carrying her up the stairs. Though problems began to arise.

Millie: "Everyone! There's more coming!"

Phantom turned her head backwards to see what she meant. There were Orcs and Goblins alike suddenly coming, like as if there was an entire army down here for some reason. It seemed strange, like as if they were following command of some higher authority, but she shook it off.

Kiara: "We need to get going! We shouldn't be down here for too long!"

Phantom: "Agreed! Let's go!"

They continued making their way up the steps, though Millie stopped for a moment, making Kiara stop as she looked towards her.

Kiara: "Millie, what are you doing!?"

Millie: "I can hold them off with one simple trick."

She had a genuine excited smile on her face as this confused Kiara, only for Millie to turn around, her left hand holding onto her hat while her right hand lifted her wand. Dark swirling energy then began to form around the wand as it was swirling into a centre point. 

Millie: "O' Great Calamity, grant thy servant the power to destroy my enemy. Offer protection by destruction as it is righteous! I call upon the power to immobilize and shock them asunder! CALAMITY'S SHOCK!"

Her wand then began to release waves of black electrical lightning as it began to chain through most of the Orcs and Goblins, shocking them all as they all began to burn into a crisp. Kiara alongside Kaela had surprised expressions while Phantom had a wide-eyed expression while keeping a neutral face. 

Though after her Spell was done, Millie was about to fall over when Kiara caught her.

Kiara: "I got you!"

Kiara then began to carry Millie so the group can get out as soon as possible. After running for a while, they managed to reach the surface, leaving the ruins as they sighed in relief. Millie was passed out, snoring on Kiara's back as she was out cold.

Kiara: "She must be really tired huh..?"

Phantom: "She must've used one of her strongest attacks. It seems like it drained her asleep."

Some of the henchmen arrived alongside Luca as they saw Kaela injured. Kaela got off, holding her shoulder while putting the bag of crystals down.

Kaela: "I'm alright everyone... Just need medical attention."

Luca: "Alright. Get her medical attention now!"

???: "Yes Boss!"

One of the henchmen ran off to check for medical supplies while another one helped Kaela walk. Once Kaela was gone, Luca checked the bag, seeing that these crystals are legit.

Luca: "Get these back to my tent!"

???: "Understood Boss!"

Then the last henchman grabbed the bag and started carrying it back, even though it was rather heavy, he didn't complain as he walked off with it.

Luca: "Well, I'm glad to see most of you still in one piece. What trouble did you encounter down there?"

Phantom: "The Goblins and Orcs you mentioned earlier."

Kiara: "They caught us by surprise. They were waiting until we were relaxed when our guards were down."

Luca: "I see, well I thank you for taking care of our best smith and getting her out before things got worse."

Phantom: "Of course, however I would recommend caution when you try to get some of those crystals out from now on. Those Goblins and Orcs aren't doing it out of random, they seem to be more under a command. I don't know how to explain it, but they are well organized."

Luca: "I shall heed your warning Phantom. As for now, I sent the reward back to the Adventurer's Guild back in Axel. You lot head back and rest up, we'll ask for assistance when we do desire it again."

Luca then outstretched his hand for a handshake as Phantom took it, signifying that they have formed a deal. 

Phantom: "Thank you. Come on Kiara, let's go before Millie wakes up confused."

Kiara: "R-Right! By Mr. Luca!"

The party then left as Luca watched on, smiling as he is glad to have found a new business partner who he could call upon again as it was clear that they earned his respect....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

853K 39.7K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
672K 33.3K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
47.5K 1.1K 25
The Miraculous have always existed, created at the beginning of the universe. Each Miraculous was created when a new something came into existence...
4.6K 144 8
Commander of the Sacred Order of Holy Knight, Chief of the International Police Force, First King of Illyria, rival of Sol Badguy, genius swordsman...