One fell. One Found.

By in_sanctity

All is happy, life is serene but when you have demons of the worst kind that are just at bay, how can anythin... More

🪔 Welcome! 🪔
Navya Singhania
Ayaan Singh Rajvanshi
🪷Prologue🪷
1. Country Calls
2. Padharo Mhare Des
3. Who are you in such a hurry for?
4. Lost in her
5. Robot with emotions
6. Death at first sight
7. Where were you all my life?
8. Dil hai bekarar
9. My Angel
10. Fall for me
11. The First Kiss
12. Heaven to my Hell
13. Welcome to Hell

13.5. Ranveer and Ekantika

153 7 3
By in_sanctity

Hey guys! I'm releasing this chapter early to clear a few doubts that people had about how I portray my characters in my story. For me, a great story is one that includes a character arch. I believe that every person has reasons for who they are but at the same time I would never like to show a story where a woman falls a womaniser. They are independent, intelligent and divine and no one gets to treat them badly which is something I believe that I've already shown through multiple ways in my story.

Ekantika and Ranveer's story dabbles in dark romance so while they were married against their will, I won't make Ekantika a pathetic puppet who will submit to Ranveer's will. Both of them are broken from incidents in their past and what is love if not healing? But at the same time, tolerating disloyalty, abuse and shaming has no place in a marriage. I don't believe in making a woman weak in love. I truly believe that love seeks equality is all aspects and basic respect na admiration for your partner.

The evening of the gala, Udaipur,

"We have a gala to attend tonight. Get dressed by 7:30" He said and was about to leave the room as if that was supposed to be the end of the conversation.

"What do you mean by "get dressed by 7:30!" I'm going to need more than that. What's the dress code? Which gala is it? Who's hosting it?" I asked getting irritated by his to-the-point statements.

He has all the time in the world to flirt with the air hostess, the waitresses, the cleaner for heavens sake just to rile m up but can't spare me a minute. Does he really think that this is going to make me jealous? These are all basic, preschool level attention seeking tactics.

"How does it matter? Just get dressed!" He said and slammed the door on his way out.

Fine, if that's how it's supposed to be then wait and watch. Tonight, I'm going to be the perfect little wife, he supposedly wanted. Let me see what he had to say then.

I've started to observe my husband and as ignorant as he's trying to be of my activities, he's not. He's trying his best to mask his obvious concern but to no avail. All these times when he's yelled that he wanted his wife to stay mute are all just ways to get his pent-up frustration out. I can only imagine.

If I was forced, so was he but probably not the same level but then again trauma is trauma. He has no reason to fight with me, he's fighting so that someone else can give him the assurance he's looking for that we are not suited for each other and he's stuck with me.

Again, I can understand but I won't be tolerating that tone. I'm not fucking living off him. He's doesn't get to treat me like that, husband or no husband.

I went in the washroom and started a nice bath for myself. My last home was a hell-hole that I solely tolerated because I had no option but to. I haven't traded one cage for another. At least in know this one is better because Ranveer as much as he says that he hates me and would be better off without me, seeks my comfort and gives the assurance that he won't ever raise his hand on me. And I won't let him.

At the gala,

What is wrong with her? Seriously? I need to get her checked because for the last two hours, 34 minutes and 17 seconds, from the time i picked her up from the hotel, I've received no sarcastic comment, no taunt, no comeback. It's feels like I'm talking to a wall but a very very very beautiful one albeit.

She is wearing a deep green evening dress that has a halter neck. It wraps her waist perfectly and then flats down to her feet which are clearly elevated because she is almost reaching my nose. She is looking gorgeous but distant. I was hoping for her to shut up but now that she has it feels weird. It's like I want her to fight with me. Which I don't. I hate that she's smiling at everybody except me. I hate how everyone gets to see that beautiful face that became divine the moment her lips curl up.

She has been the perfect definition of a mafia wife tonight. She was polite, courteous, gorgeous and I lent which is how majority of the men's her like their wives to be but I never did. Then why did I have the same expectation from her? And now that she is behaving like that, why am I getting irritated?

As another stunning blonde passes by me, worrying to get my attention, I try attempting a smile but I can't because somehow I can't take my eyes off my gorgeous wife who is also smiling and complementing every woman I'm flirting with.

Where are the comments, the taunts? Where is her fire? Why is she acting like that?

Back the hotel,

I grumpily sat down on the couch while she changed her clothes. Honestly, tonight was everything I wanted theoretically but somehow when I saw that in practicality, it seemed awkward. Over the course of the last three weeks, I had come to like her presence. For the first time, in a a very very long time, I felt happy bantering for no reason. Fighting that won't end bloody. A fight that I won't mind losing but most of all fighting with her give me some time to spend with her. I hate that she acted normal today but other men eyeing her was anything but normal for me. I know it's hypocritical but I like her.

She came out with her hair damp and dressed in a heart patterned night suit. She was too focused on drying her hair and didn't see me sitting p.

"Why were you like that, tonight?" I asked which clearly frightened her.

I stumbled back with a hand on her chest and let out a deep sigh.

"God! Ranveer, a warning please. And what do you mean by like that?" She asked.

"Like that as in so...complacent. No comments, no judgement? What happened? Have you fallen in love with me or something?" I asked with a smirk.

"How long are you going to use these sexual innuendos and unrealistic situations as a defence mechanism?" She asked nonchalantly as she continued to apply serum onto her hair.

"What do you mean?" The smirk wiped off my face.

"What I mean is that you use such comments to shut the other person up not because that's who you are. Sure, you're playful but you are not so overly sexual. You're waiting for me to become uncomfortable so that I break which honestly is exhausting for both sides." She said. Since when did she become so observant? And it wasn't true. What ever she said. I don't do;that do that. That's just who I am.

"I know what you're thinking. I know you'll deny this because that's the better alternative than being a person who cares when it's not. The real you was the one who chatted with over a cup of tea the other day. The one who did his sister's hair when her hands hurt. The one that helped his brother out at school when he was in trouble. The one that loves his mother unconditionally. That is you. I don't understand why you try to deny the beautiful person you actually are and hide behind a facade that makes you look like a maniac. Every time you start feeling close to me, you don't need to push me away by flirting with other women because I am never going to let you get that close. This is the maximum I can give you, friendship and if you don't want that, then I can be whoever I want to in private and be the plastic doll that you saw today in public. I have my life, my work, my sister and I am perfectly content because it is more than I could've ever asked for. But Ranveer, ask yourself, is this all you want? Do you want to realm the person who cracks uncomfortable and self-deprecating jokes when out in a spot? Stop avoiding things and start facing them because the sooner you do, the sooner you'll be able to open yourself up to love. And this is not me judging you or taunting you. This is me looking out for you as friend, nothing more, nothing less."

With that she left and the noise of the hairdryer filled the room and I was left to marinate in her words.

——————————————————

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 150K 61
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
43.8M 1.4M 90
Damien Stryker is a ruthless billionaire, but when Serena Mclane is forced to marry him, she hopes to find the mercy behind his cold eyes and strong...
1.1M 14.5K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
509K 48.3K 33
She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful She is innocent He is cunning She is broken He is perfect or is he? . . . . . . . . JI...