BEGIN BEFORE THE END | WTM |...

By Rifter29

Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store... More

DISCLAIMER
BEGIN BEFORE THE END
ACT 1
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT 2
23
24
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
ACT 3
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

25

5K 176 30
By Rifter29

CHAPTER 25
|

THREE PUBESCENT GINGERS IN A FLYING CAR|

“Who the hell would send a house elf like that?” James questioned.

“Isn’t it obvious?’ Sirius said. “Who have we seen so far can afford a house elf and hates Harry? Lucius’ brat.”

Lucius Malfoy didn’t respond and just kept to himself.

After the scene with Mrs. Mason faded away, the next showed Vernon Dursley standing on a metal ladder outside the window to Harry’s room. He was using a power drill to tightly screw in the metal bars he was installing. After he was done, he grabbed the metal bar and pulled at it.

Pleased with his work, he smirked at Harry who was staring at his uncle through the window. “You’re never going back to that school. You’re never going to see those freaky friends of yours again. Never!”

“Why does he insist that our kind are freaks?” Orion questioned. “Has the man not seen his appearance in a mirror as of late?”

“You have to give him points for creativity.” Ryan said as he flipped through a magazine on Harry’s bed. “Wanker knows he can’t physically hurt us so locking us in here for the rest of our stay is the next best thing.”

The scene changed again. This time Harry was sleeping silently on his bed when the rumbling sound of a car engine slowly woke him up. He grabbed his glasses from a nightstand and put them on.

“Ryan.” Harry called out to his cousin who was sleeping with a blanket and pillow on the floor. “Ryan!” Ryan made a sound that sounded like ‘what’ but continued to sleep. “Ryan!”

Ryan sat up and took his night guard out of his mouth. “What?”

“I almost forgot about the teeth grinding thing.” Cathy said. She turned to her boyfriend. “Do you get born with that or does it round come at a certain age?”

“It usually comes around during stress.” Regulus answered.

“What do you have to be stressed about?” Sirius whispered but Regulus heard him.

Cathy placed her hand on Regulus’ and he smiled as he locked his fingers with hers.

“Do you hear that?”

Before Ryan could respond, a bright yellow light shone through the window. The light shifted and both the boys looked outside to see a blue car with a white roof flying outside their window. The car moved forward and they could see that inside the car was their friend, Ronald Weasley.

“Hiya, Harry!” Ron greeted. In the drivers’ seat next to him were his older brothers Fred and George.

“Oh my god, Hazza look. It’s three pubescent gingers in a flying car!” Ryan exclaimed.

“That’s amazing!” Peter said.

“How did they make that?”

“Who would have guessed that wizards who have been the ones to invent a flying car?” A muggle born student said.

“Ron! Fred. George. What are you all doing here?” Harry asked whilst smiling happily.

“Rescuing you, of course.” Ron stated. “Now, come on. Get your trunk!”

Harry turned around to try to get his things but Ryan stopped him.

“Why’s he stopping?” Remus wondered.

“What are you doing?” Harry questioned.

“Hazza, we can’t just leave.” Ryan said. “My mum is coming in the morning. Can you imagine what she’ll do to the Dursleys if we’re missing?” Ryan looked at his cousin all serious before his expression changed. “Wait a minute. I don’t give a shit about them. You grab our clothes and I’ll get our school stuff!”

Several people in the audience laughed at Ryan’s’ antics.

After Harry and Ryan had gathered all their things and packed them into their trunks, they nodded to Ron. He had fastened a tow hook to the window bars.

“You both better stand back.” Ron said they had turned the car around. “Let’s go!”

The car revved louder and louder and suddenly, with a crunching noise, the bars were pulled clean out of the window as Fred drove straight up in the air. Harry ran back to the window to see the bars dangling a few feet above the ground. Panting, Ron untied the rope to the tow hook and let it and the metal bars fall onto the bushes in front of the Dursleys house.

“Oh!” The scene changed to Petunia and her husband who both awoke from the loud bang.

“Can you imagine what it must be like to sleep next to that bloke?” Evan asked Severus. Several people heard him and laughed.

“Now, what the hell are they doing?” Vernon growled as he threw the blankets off and got out of bed. “Potter!”

As Vernon marched over to Harry’s room, Dudley peaked his head from out of his room. “Dad! What’s going on?”

Vernon arrived at the door of the two wizards revealing multiple locks that were placed to keep the two boys inside of the room. Meanwhile, inside the room the Weasleys had reversed the car and opened the boot. Ryan used his chaos magic to speedily rush all their luggage in and closed the boot with a small bang.

“Faster lads.” Fleamont said. “Come on!”

“Go, go, go, go!” Ron told his brother when the boot was closed.

“Dad, hurry up!” Dudley egged his father on.

Once the car was turned around, Harry passed his caged owl to Ron and jumped into the back of the car. Ryan was about to get in as well when he stopped and remembered something.

“I forgot my night guard!” he said before turning around and looked around the floor for the case that it was inside.

“Just leave it!” Lily said.

“Come on!” Fred and George yelled.

“Come on, Harry! Hurry up!” Ron urged him.

“Got it!” Ryan said holding up the case. He rushed over to the broken window and sat on the edge and threw his legs over to the other side just as Vernon opened the door to the room.

“Petunia, they’re escaping!” Vernon shouted running toward Ryan just as the boy jumped to the other side. Vernon reached outside and managed to grabbed onto Ryan’s leg.

“Come on, Ryan!” Someone in the audience shouted. Several other people shouted alongside him.

“Hey let go!” Ryan yelled at the muggle as he struggled to get his leg back.

“I’ve got you Ryan!” Harry yelled as he gripped his cousin’s arm.

“Come here!” Vernon growled.

“Let go of him!” Harry shouted at his uncle as Ron turned around from the front and tried to pull Ryan in with Harry.

“Oh no, boy! You two and that bloody pigeon aren’t going anywhere!”

“Why is he not letting them go?” Cathy wondered. “Doesn’t he hate them?”

“I thought you wanted to get rid of us!” Ryan said. “That’s it! Don’t say I didn’t warn you!”

Ryan’s eyes turned bright yellow and a surge of yellow magic emerged from around his leg in the form of yellow lightning.

“Aaaah!” Vernon screamed in pain as he was electrocuted. His entire body spasmed and his hair stood straight. He let go of Ryan’s leg and the young wizard quickly got into the car just as Vernon’s body fell through the window and into the bushes below.

“Oooh! That had to hurt!” Professor Flitwick winced.

“I bet it did.” Professor Slughorn agreed.

“Dad!” Dudley screamed as he and his mother rushed to the window and looked down at his father.

“Oh...Damn.” Vernon coughed as a puff of smoke came out of his mouth.

 As the Weasleys drove through the sky, Ron turned around at his friends and smiled. “By the way, Harry, Happy Birthday!”

“It’s Harry’s birthday!” James exclaimed.

The scene changed from the night sky in London to the warm morning at the Weasleys home. It looked as though it had once been a large stone pigpen, but extra rooms had been added here and there until it was several stories high and so crooked it looked as though it were held up by magic, which it probably was. Four or five chimneys were perched on top of the red roof. A lopsided sign stuck in the ground near the entrance read, THE BURROW.

“Mummy look!” Bill and Charlie jumped up and down and pointed to their house on the screen.

Around the front door lay a jumble of rubber boots and a very rusty cauldron. Several fat brown chickens were pecking their way around the yard. The blue car drove through the air as it slowly descended and came down to a landing.

The scene fast forwarded ahead and showed the Weasley brothers leading Harry and Ryan into their house. The five of them were walking inside slowly not to make any noise.

“Come on. Okay, come on. Shh! Shh!” Fred whispered. “Ok, come on. Shh! Come on.”

As Harry entered, he saw that they were in the kitchen and that in the sink was a brush that was scrubbing a pan under running water. Ryan looked around and saw that on the wall was so sort of device that has the faces of the Weasley family on spoons. As soon as Ron and the twins arrived at the spoons moved to show that they were there.

“Hey you still have what I gave you for Christmas!” Fabian told his sister.

As Ryan observed the device closer, he made note of the different places that the device could list them. “Quidditch, lost, dentist, home, school, prison. Prison?” Ryan did a double take at one of the settings. he looked back at the siblings and was about to ask them about that when Ron spotted a plate of scorns on the table.

“Why is ‘prison’ a setting on that thing?” Cathy asked Molly.

“It doesn’t have that setting right now.” Molly answered.

“Do you think it’d be all right if we had some of this?” Ron asked his brother.

“Yeah, Mum would never know.” George nodded as he, Fred and Ron picked up a scone each.

“Make sense.” Ryan concluded.

“Must have gotten that after the twins.” Arthur Weasley concluded.

“It’s not much,” Ron told the two wizards as Harry focused on a scarf that was evidently knitting itself, “but it’s home.”

“I think it’s brilliant.” Harry said in awe.

“Me too.” Ryan agreed.

Molly and Arthur Weasley were pleased with the boy’s response. Several people who were commenting on the poor state of the home immediately shut up.

“Oh, I think that these boys are trendsetters.” Cathy said.

“I don’t know what that means.” Regulus said.

“It means that people tend to follow their opinions and beliefs and lifestyles even.” Cathy explained.

“Well, that’s a good thing, right?” Regulus asked.

“In this case, yeah.” Cathy nodded.

Walburga and Orion Black who were listening both nodded at approval at their grandson.

Ron and his brothers looked pleased at the response. Unfortunately, that didn’t last long. The quiet in the house was destroyed by the sound of someone stomping on the stairs on their way down.

“Where have you been?” Mrs. Weasley shouted at her children. Ron, Fred and George swallowed the scone in their mouths and hid the rest behind their backs.

“Uh-oh.” Gideon said.

“Hi, Mrs. Weasley.” Ryan greeted the woman cheerfully.

“Oh Ryan, Harry, how wonderful to see you both dear.” Mrs. Weasley smiled at the two as she walked closer to them and her sons. “Beds empty! No note! Car gone! You could have died! You could have been seen!”

“It’s a bit of a double standard with her, aye?” Fabian said.

“I guess folks tend to like other people’s kids more than their own.”

“Stealing a flying car also didn’t exactly help their case.” Molly defended herself.

“True, true.” Fabian nodded.

“They came to break us out of the nut- I mean muggle house.” Ryan told her. Ron and the twins both nodded violently. “It wasn’t their fault.”

“Of course, I don’t blame either one of you.” Mrs. Weasley said in a kind tone.

“They were starving them, Mum.” Ron told his mother. “There were bars on their window!”

“Well, you’d best hope that I don’t put bars on your window, Ronald Weasley!” Molly Weasley threatened. “Come on you two, time for a spot of breakfast.”

“Thank you.” Harry said,

“I thought that your mother was suppose to pick the two of you up.” Molly told the boys.

“Oh yeah.” Ryan smiled wickedly at Harry.

“She’s probably there right now.” Harry smirked back also with a wicked smile.

“Oh no.” Cathy said. “I can James in that smile.”

The scene changed immediately to the front of the Dursley’s home. The back of a red-haired woman was shown as she walked up to the front door and pressed on the door bell. At first there wasn’t response but after five more rings the door swung open.

“What the devil do you want--” Vernon Dursleys voice was cut off when he saw who it was.

“Good morning.” Cathy Potter greeted. The color of Cathy’s hair while still red, was darker and now she had bangs.

“Whoa nice bangs!” Marlene complimented.

“Thanks.” Cathy said. “I always thought that I’d look good with bangs.”

“Perhaps you shouldn’t have cut some much of your hair off.” Euphemia commented.

Cathy made note of the fan in her mother’s hand. “See what I told you? Those fans bring out her smugness.”

“Where’d she get them?” Regulus asked.

“I don’t know, a flea market probably.”

“For your information,” Euphemia looked back to her daughter, “they were my mothers.”

“Oh. Did she get them from a flea market?” Cathy asked.

Euphemia turned back to the screen not bothering to respond.

“C-C-Catherine.” Vernon stuttered out.

“I know that things are a bit weird between us given what happened last year but,” Cathy began, “I’m willing to move past that if you are. I just want to pick up the boys. Are they ready?”

“Uh-oh.” Peter smiled.

“Boys?” Vernon squeaked.

“Yeah. My nephew and my son.” Cathy stated. “One of them is relatively quiet and the other one not so much.”

“They’re not here.” Vernon told her.

“No, they’re not.” Remus smiled as well.

“Did they go out or something?” Cathy asked. “By the way did you know that there’s a metal bar thing in your bushes over there?” Cathy pointed to the metal bars that were still in the bushes.

“Yes.” Vernon said.

“Oh, I thought that maybe someone just dumped it over…there.” Cathy slowed down her words when she noticed that the screws that were on the ends of the bars were bend and some were broken. Cathy took several steps back and looked up at the house.

“I thought you were a Legilimens.” Evan said.

“Contrary to what people think, I don’t go around reading everyone’s thoughts.” Cathy replied.

“Darling, who is it?” Petunia asked as she approached her husband. She made a sort of screeching sound when she saw that it was Cathy.

Cathy was on the Dursleys lawn when she noticed the damage around the windows to Harry’s room. She looked down at the bars and then up at the window. Immediately she realized what was really going on. Cathy looked at the Dursleys with a look of shock that was quickly morphing into anger.

Vernon quickly slammed the door shut.

“That’s not going to help.” Dorcas laughed.

“Oh, hell no!” Cathy said as her eyes glowed red and she broke the door down with ease sending the Dursleys flying several feet into their house.

Petunia and Vernon began to scream in fear when the door lifted itself back up and reconnected itself to the hinges. The sounds of the screams immediately were muted with the doors repair.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 180 28
What happens when a young girl misspeaks and a simple magic trick costs a life. Well, it's not her fault "abracadabra" and "Avada kedavra" are so si...
20.2K 559 28
Florence has never had so much trouble going unnoticed. ★彡---------------------------- No update schedule, this is just for fun!
1M 33K 71
she looks just like a dream, the prettiest girl i've ever seen. 𓆩❤︎𓆪┊Veritaserum, regulus black ...
821K 20K 116
𝓛𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓤𝓹 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓓𝓪𝓻𝓴𝓷𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓜𝓸𝓻𝓽𝓲𝓬𝓲𝓪 𝓐𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓪 𝓓𝓮 𝓜𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓮𝓵. The brightest and sweetest witch in her year. She could neve...