The other side of a glass tan...

Oleh DeleoDL

A Twisted Wonderland fanfic in which the young Octavinelle trio, while taking shelter in an aquarium, meets t... Lebih Banyak

Chapter 1 - An endearing first meeting
Chapter 2 - Comfortable and happy
Chapter 3 - School trip
Chapter 4 - Swimming buddies
Chapter 5 - New experiences
Chapter 6 - The teacher's assistant
Chapter 7 - Arts and Crafts
Chapter 8 - Exchanges and news
Chapter 9 - Merry Christmas to us
Chapter 10 - About someone new
Chapter 11 - The prince's first day
Chapter 12 - Future plans
IMPORTANT FOR THE PROGRESSION OF THE STORY
Chapter 13 - A new memento
Creating our Yuu!
Chapter 14 - Surprises
Chapter 15 - To be a mage
Chapter 16 - Mistaken arrival
Chapter 17 - An eventful entrance
Chapter 18 - Here to stay
Chapter 19 - Signing up
Chapter 20 - Starting troubles
Chapter 21 - Plans... and change of them
Chapter 22 - Promotions
Q&A! (After-Prologue) and Thanks β™‘
Chapter 23 - Disturbed sleep
Chapter 24 - Morning trip
Chapter 25 - Small facts
Chapter 26 - Introducing
Chapter 27 - Caught red handed
Chapter 28 - Housewardens
Chapter 29 - π‘ͺπ’π’π’π’†π’„π’•π’Šπ’π’
Chapter 30 - Hatchling
Chapter 31 - Completing the Tart
Chapter 32 - Powerless
Chapter 33 - Seeing double
Chapter 34 - Step down and apologize
Chapter 35 - Cat's out of the bag
Chapter 36 - Brutally honest
Chapter 37 - A duel
Chapter 38 - Breaking point
Chapter 39 - A suffering child
Chapter 40 - Apologizing
Chapter 41 - Let you know
Chapter 42 - Starting lecture
Chapter 43 - Closing party
Q&A! (After-Heartslabyul Arc)
Chapter 44 - Just a sandwich
Chapter 45 - Black stains
Chapter 46 - The hall of fame
Chapter 47 - The headmage's request
Chapter 49 - Get well soon
Chapter 50 - Investigating
Chapter 51 - A warning
Chapter 52 - Nocturnal encounter
Chapter 53 - An effort to win
Chapter 54 - A cheeky suspect
Chapter 55 - Clearing things out
Chapter 56 - Here's the plan
Chapter 57 - Meet the star player
Chapter 58 - Stampede
Chapter 59 - Damn it all
Chapter 60 - The loathed secondborn
Chapter 61 - Teaming up
Chapter 62 - Family reunion
Q&A! (After-Savanaclaw Arc)
Chapter 63 - Finals
Chapter 64 - Results
Chapter 65 - Blind eye
Chapter 66 - Harsh truth
Chapter 67 - Need a talk
Chapter 68 - Let's hear it
Chapter 69 - π‘«π’Šπ’”π’„π’π’π’π’†π’„π’•π’Šπ’π’
Chapter 70 - A place to stay
Chapter 71 - Restless
Chapter 72 - Teamwork
Chapter 73 - Failed attempt
Chapter 74 - Help's warmth
Chapter 75 - Changing approach
Chapter 76 - Getting bold
Chapter 77 - Strategical epiphany
Chapter 78 - Images from the past
Chapter 79 - The last drop
Chapter 80 - 𝑹𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔
Chapter 81 - In the end... it's still you
Chapter 82 - Back where it belongs

Chapter 48 - What happened?

1.3K 110 14
Oleh DeleoDL

"Leona Kingscholar?"

You were currently calling for attendance on today's lesson and well... you weren't surprised by the lack of response after the aforementioned junior's name.

You glanced toward your students just to notice that, for the nth time, he was absent.

You sighed quietly and stared at the attendance paper in your hands before looking up, making your gaze fall on a beastman with dirty blonde hair.

"Ruggie, you're personally acquainted to him, yes?" You asked the boy, who perked up and promptly nodded his head.

"I'm very sorry to trouble you with this matter... but could you please speak to him or tell him I wish to do so?" You made the request with an apologetic but serious tone.

"...Will do, professor." The half hyena quietly sighed and scratched the back of his head with a tired expression.

You didn't notice Floyd suppressing a mocking laugh, nor you saw Azul or Jade casually covering their slight, knowing grins.

"This isn't respectable behavior a housewarden should have, especially not toward the professor. I shall ask him too during our next meeting." Riddle spoke in a quiet, irritated tone, crossing his arms with a scowl.

"No matter, let us start with today's lesson. It seems the rest of us is all present." You sighed softly and smiled to the class before stepping toward the projector.

"Feel free to stop me at any time you wish to ask a question, now then..."

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"C'mon Riddle, no need to take it to heart." Trey told his childhood friend while wearing a forced smile.

"I'm not "taking it to heart"! Simply, Kingscholar's behavior is deplorable and the professor doesn't deserve it." The other boy huffed in annoyance and crossed his arms as the two walked through the halls, right after your course.

"They're a wonderful individual with outstanding preparation in their competences and a knack for teaching." The redhead dorm leader spoke passionately before waving one of his hands to the side.

"All of the students can easily follow their lectures- I mean, even that Floyd listens obediently without causing troubles!" His eyes were wide as he said that, as if it was something completely unbelievable.

"So you're getting mad in the professor's stead because you personally look up to them?" The green haired junior asked with a smile as he adjusted his glasses, an undertone of amusement in his voice.

"That has nothing to do with it! It's just disrespectful to teachers in general, that's all!" Riddle immediately turned defensive as his brows furrowed deeply and his face tinted pink.

"I'm sure they'll take care of it." The third year young man laughed to himself before patting his housewarden's shoulder.

"Sigh... N-nevermind. I remembered something more important." The latter sighed and promptly changed the subject while crossing his arms.

"I'm going to be late, later today, so go ahead and start Spelldrive practice without me." Riddle informed and one of his hands reached for the stair's handrail, beginning to climb down.

"Sure, will do." The student in glasses calmly responded with a single nod.

"All right, I'll see you- Wh-whoooa!" The red haired sophomore was about to bid goodbye when one of his legs suddenly lunged forward and he lost his balance, his eyes widened and his arms instinctively prepared for an impact.

"Riddle, look out!" Trey reached out to his friend and grabbed the latter's arm, pulling hard.

"!"

...

"Welp, I guess one or the other is fine. Still, that was a dire reminder. Sigh... I need to talk to the lazy prince."

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"All right, where's this guy who hurt his ankle?" Grim put his paws on his hips as he looked around the infirmary.

"Thank you for accompanying us. As usual..." Yuu thanked quietly and you gave them a calm smile.

"It's my pleasure, really. But anyway, the student I brought here yesterday should be..." You looked at one of the beds and caught sight of both the students that were there during the accident.

The non injured one glanced your way and noticed you three walking toward them.

"Oh hey! It's that young teacher that helped you out." The latter said with a smile, nudging his bedridden friend with his elbow.

"Plus the ones from Ramshackle House! They were also at the unbirthday party! What are you guys doing here?" The boy asked amiably, clearly not minding you all's presence.

"Get a load o' that! We're totally famous!" The fiery beast grinned proudly as you stepped closer, standing around the previously team member's bed.

"We just wish to briefly ask you about your accident. For school's safety..." Yuu quietly spoke, fidgeting with the cuffs of their sleeves. Despide that, they kept their back straight.

"Oh, I guess that's cool but... I don't really know what happened myself." The tanned Heartslabyul student glanced toward the cast on his leg and shook his head.

"I was walking along, talking to my pal here, And next thing I knew, BOOM! I was tumbling down the stairs." The scholar pointed at his shorter friend before make a quick gesture, like an explosion, in front of himself.

"Yeah. I didn't even see him stumbling or anything." The aforementioned friend nodded in agreement.

"It was like my body just lurched forward by itself. I can't really explain it." The injured student sighed and scratched the back of his head.

"Hm... Hmmm, Interesting. Veeery interesting." The small beast nodded with a falsely concentrated expression, his arms over his fluffy chest.

"We're grateful for your answer nonetheless. I hope you recover soon." You smiled and slightly bowed your head in a polite manner, the boy grazed his finger over his cheek.

"Yeah, thanks. Have a good day, professor. You two, as well." He answered with a small smile.

"Thank you for the cooperation." The dual skinned prefect added politely before turning to you.

You nodded and you three headed in search of the next "victim".

...

You entered a relatively empty classroom where you found two students from Pomefiore, one blonde and one with purple hair.

The latter's hands were all bandaged up, that being visible even from under his gloves. He seemed hurt to the point where his grip on his pen resulted very awkward and forced.

"Hey, you. You had an accident and almost got hurt real bad, right? Give us the deets." Grim walked toward him with no tact nor regard whatsoever.

"Grim..." The dark blonde with glasses quietly reprimanded.

"Hah? And why should I answer to you, exactly?" The purple haired boy answered in a deep and self-important tone.

"He was in peak condition for the Spelldrive tournament and got hurt so bad that he can't even play now!" His blonde dorm mate, leaned over the desk they were seated at and said that loudly.

"And you're here to... what, rub salt in my wound?! We throw down the gauntlet! Duel us!" The injured student shot up in a standing position and clumsily took off a glove, because of his injured fingers, slamming it on the table.

"Pardon me. The headmage was worried about losing such good assets for the incoming games and asked us to check on them." You calmly stepped between the Ramshackle and Pomefiore students.

Although your voice was soft, it still sounded firm, especially as you stared right at the bandaged boy, who cleared his throat.

"I see. Well, see the duel from the thrown gauntlet as revoked." He begrudgingly stepped down with a peeved frown and crossed arms.

"All right, then. I'll give you the skinny." The boy made a "humph" sound as he raised his chin high.

"It happened in the laboratory!" The blonde student suddenly leaned forward even more, speaking in his friend's place.

"We were boiling up a potion when his hands suddenly shot out and grabbed the screaming hot cauldron." He made exaggerated gestures with his hands.

"He dumped out every last drop. It was so bizarre! Made a real mess too." He added dramatically. The injured student immediately snapping his head in his direction.

"Oh, so YOU'RE gonna do all the talking?!" He loudly rebuked, sounding offended.

You and the magicless human exchanged unsure glances before you both peeped some small thanks and goodbyes, ready to leave.

"Hm... Hmmm. Interesting. Veeery interesting." The small beast repeated the exact same thing as last time, a paw to his chin as he walked out of the classroom in a "professional" manner.

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

"I dunno, this just looks like a bunch of absent-minded kids hurtin' themselves to me." Grim said with a casual tone as you three walked through Ramshackle dorm's entrance.

"If there's a scandal here, I ain't seein' it!" He shrugged uncaringly and stepped toward the sofa.

"It still sounds quite suspicious. All incidents were quite sudden and unexpected..." Yuu sighed and was about to sit on the couch when a small sound came from the door.

"Glad to see they actually repaired the doorbell." You smiled to yourself as you walked toward the entrance and turned the knob.

"Whozzat?" The fiery creature stretched his neck out to look at who had just arrived.

"Welcome, Ace." You smiled and stepped aside to let him in.

" 'Fternoon. Guess you're feeling better now, huh, Grim?" The ginger greeted, then looking at the gray beast on the cushioned seat.

"Oh, it's you." The latter looked over with the most bored look he could muster.

"We're kinda busy right now. No time for kid stuff. Scram." He then uncaringly brushed the Heartslabyul freshman off, swatting his paw at him.

"Busy? What, you got a lot of homework?" The red eyed first year raised a brow and put an hand on his hip.

"If we did, then you'd have them too, you should know... but no, it's something else." The dark blonde sighed softly and plopped on the sofa.

And so, you proceeded with explaining the request from headmage Crowley...

"Injuries from suspicious accidents, huh?" Ace hummed in thought, leaning his back heavily against the couch.

"But nothin' we heard sounded all that suspicious." Grim shrugged, lazily nestled on a black-and-white striped pillow.

"It seemed like they were all just excited about the tournament, got distracted, and hurt themselves somehow." He added while crossing his stubby arms over his furry chest.

"Taken separately, they may not seem suspicious but..." You pondered quietly, Yuu nodding and continuing your observation.

"For all of the victims to say the same thing is indeed strange." Just as they spoke, the door suddenly slammed open, startling all of you.

"Ace! We got a big problem!" It was Deuce, wide, panicked eyes on his face.

"Dial it down, Loosey-Deucey. What is it?" The ginger scrunched up his nose and looked at his dorm mate.

"Did something happen?" You asked with slightly furrowed brows and a strained smile.

The blue haired boy panted and nodded frenetically before sputtering out an answer. "Clover-senpai fell down the stairs! He's hurt!"

"What?!" Everyone widened their eyes and looked at one another in shock.

"Myah! He's the sneaky one with the glasses, yeah?" The fiery monster asked in a hasted tone.

"Trey wouldn't just "get distracted" because of an upcoming game..." Yuu frowned, tightly pressing their lips together.

"He isn't the "absent-minded" kind." You agreed with a solemn look.

Ace scoffed and crossed his arms. "Yeah, Trey wouldn't just trip and eat dirt." He added further.

"Well, let's go see what he's got to say!" Grim jumped on the coffee table, standing straight with a determined look.

~~~~~//$\\~~~~~

Very small note here just to tell you that I'm working once again on "Split Mirror". (The story I mentioned in the previous Q&A.)

I can't promise when, but it will come out at some point! ^^

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

6.7K 196 32
нαρρу нαℓℓσωєєи! Ρ‚Π½Ρ” "Ρ•Ο‰Ρ”Ρ”Ρ‚ тяєαт" Π½Ξ±β„“f Οƒf нαℓℓσωєєи вєωαяє! Β’Ξ±ΠΈβˆ‚Ρƒ, fιяєρℓα’єѕ, Π½ΟƒΡ‚ ’нσ’σℓαтє, Ρ•ΠΈΟ…ggβ„“Ρ”Ρ•, Ξ±ΠΈβˆ‚ ΠΊΞΉΡ•Ρ•Ρ”Ρ• ℓυяк ωιтнιи ;) Ρ‚Π½Ρ” нαℓℓσωєє...
10.8K 303 12
(A Twisted Wonderland x Female Reader fanfic) (UNDER MAJOR EDITING) "Where are we?" "Huh? Did we pulled a Henry Potter?" "No shit sherlock, we're in...
1.1K 15 13
Just thought I'd post my Twisted Wonderland OCs here. They might appear in future works as well, so keep your eyes out, okay?