Then Where Is Home?

By Angelboy3434

"Liam!" Tommy yelled, running forward out into the rain. He felt sick to his stomach and he felt like maybe h... More

Hello!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
On hold
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Yikes not the update yall wanted
The 4 endings concept

Chapter 31

459 11 106
By Angelboy3434

TW for this chapter: None (this has never happened before)

Wilbur stood at the end of his driveway, looking up at the street then back down at his phone a lot.

Quackity was supposed to be here at 8 o'clock, but it was now 8:05 and that was making Wilbur panic. He knew it was only 5 minutes, and there was such a thing as traffic, but he got nervous.

He wondered if something happened to Quackity, if Quackity decided he didn't wanna go out with him anymore, if he somehow got the date and time wrong. There were a million possibilities.

But all the "ifs" were settled down when Wilbur saw Quackity's car come down the street. He pocketed his phone and smiled when Quackity pulled up next to him. Before Wilbur could step forward to open his door, Quackity got out of the car, walked around to Wilbur's side and opened the door for him.

"Oh hi, thank you." Wilbur said while bushing as he got into the car. Quackity closed the door and walked back over to his side and got in. "I could have gotten that myself, you didn't have to get in and out of the car."

"I was always taught that my date should never have to open a door themselves." Quackity dismissed. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm good. I'm excited for our date, what's the plan?" Wilbur asked and Quackity shook his head with a smile.

"That is a surprise, how's your family doing?" Quackity asked and Wilbur looked out the window.

After Tommy and Phil had gotten back from the cemetery Tommy and Techno had gotten into a fight. Tommy had been listening to church sermons on YouTube in the living room for a bit since Techno wasn't home, but once Techno was home he had demanded Tommy turn it off at once. Tommy snapped back that Techno doesn't get to tell him what to do all the time, and that asking him would have been better.

So things weren't great with the family.

"They're okay. How are Sapnap and Karl?" Wilbur asked.

"They're good, Sapnap went over to Dream's house to play video games with him and George, and Karl went with our friend Tina to get their nails done." Quackity smiled and Wilbur's heart skipped a few beats.

One thing that made Wilbur feel safe around Quackity was the way that Quackity didn't care about how his partners presented themselves, specifically how Karl chose to express themself. Karl often wore dresses, skirts, painted their nails and colored their hair. Quackity encouraged them and called them beautiful, sometimes saying Karl was his beautiful girl.

Wilbur wanted to be beautiful too, he wanted to be something so beautiful that Quackity would tell him so. He wanted to be Quackity's beautiful girl.

Wait what?

"Wil, you okay?" Quackity asked, snapping Wilbur out of his thoughts. For a moment he thought about telling Quackity the truth

"Yeah just having a gender crisis because I want to be seen as something beautiful to you" But he didn't say that. Instead he said

"Yeah, just really excited that's all." And that made Quackity smile again, and he reached over to grab Wilbur's hand with his own.

"Is this okay?" Quackity asked.

"Yeah it's okay." Wilbur said, feeling himself blush again.

Soon they pulled into a parking lot next to a park. Wordlessly Quackity got out of the car, opened the truck to grab a few things before coming over to Wilbur's side of the door, opening it for him. He stuck his hand out and helped Wilbur out of the car.

"What are we doing?" Wilbur asked as they walked into the park. He saw the amphitheater further in the park was lit up as the sun was beginning to set.

"Well remember you mentioned long ago that you had wanted to go to an orchestra concert but hadn't had a chance to because crowds make you overstimulated?" Quackity asked.

"Yeah?" Wilbur answered confusedly.

"Well I found an orchestra that plays out here in the park; a limited number of people are allowed to buy tickets to sit in grass near the stage that's blocked off. On top of that they turn down their lights and play with a smaller number of musicians so it's not overstimulating." Quackity explained and Wilbur felt his heart skip several beats.

"Can I kiss you?" Wilbur asked suddenly and Quackity chuckled.

"Yes, you can kiss me." Quackity said and Wilbur kissed him for a moment. When they pulled away Wilbur smiled at him.

"This is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me." Wilbur told him truthfully and Quackity grabbed Wilbur's hand as they continued to walk.

"Well we're just getting started." Quackity told him.

They made their way near the amphitheater where there was indeed a big section of grass in front of the stage that was blocked off by some rope. There was a man scanning tickets and Quackity was quick to pull out his phone to get their tickets scanned. They then found a spot that wasn't too close or too far from the stage to sit.

Quackity put down a blanket on the grass before they sat down. The blanket was one of two things he had grabbed from the car, the other being a picnic basket.

"Okay so I went off memory for snacks that you like, I thought a fruit plate was a safe option, and I know you like chocolate covered pretzels. I also got some crackers and cheese, and to drink I found these little sparkling apple cider bottles. Granted I don't own nice cups so I have red solo cups but that's the one not fancy thing." Quackity rambled.

"I'm sure it's perfect." Wilbur said and Quackity looked up at Wilbur for a moment, a smile on his face.

"You're perfect, you know that?" Quackity asked and Wilbur felt his face grow hot once more.

"Oh look, they're starting." Wilbur said quickly as a distraction as the band took the stage. Quackity just laughed and spread some of the snacks out on the blanket. He then settled next to Wilbur and they listened as the band began to play.

About half way through, when the snacks were mostly eaten, Wilbur glanced over at Quackity and noticed he was looking back at Wilbur. Wilbur smiled and scooted a bit closer to Quackity. Quackity wrapped his arm around Wilbur gently and Wilbur leaned into him.

"This okay?" Quackity asked and Wilbur nodded while humming slightly, looking back up at the performance. Quackity's hand settled on Wilbur's waist and the only thing Wilbur could think about for the rest of the performance is how safe that hand made him feel.

"Oh my gosh that was so beautiful." Wilbur smiled as they walked back to the car. The sun had set by now, and he was looking up at the stars while also trying not to crash into anything.

"You're beautiful." Quackity complimented.

"Oh shut up." Wilbur said lightly while laughing.

"I mean it. You are so beautiful and perfect and wonderful and I'm so happy you said yes to this date." Quackity told him.

"I'm glad I said yes too, but you don't need to compliment me so much." Wilbur told him and Quackity scoffed lightly.

"How else are you gonna know how stunning and gorgeous you are?" Quackity asked and Wilbur rolled his eyes a bit. "I mean it, you are prettier than all the stars in the sky."

"Shush." Wilbur said as he pulled Quackity in for a hug. They stood there hugging for a moment next to the car.

"I'm just telling you the truth. You're so beautiful." Quackity told him and Wilbur sighed lightly.

"I like being beautiful for you."

~~~

When Wilbur got home it was a little past 11pm. Tommy was spending the night at Tubbo and Ranboo's and Phil was already asleep by the time Wilbur got home.

Techno however was awake in the living room, so when Wilbur walked in Techno saw him at once.

"Hey Wil." Techno greeted once Wilbur closed the front door. He lingered for a moment, watching through the glass as Quackity drove away.

"Hey Tech." Wilbur finally greeted back.

"How was your date?" Techno asked and Wilbur turned to look at his brother. He hadn't told anyone he was going on a date with Quackity, just said they were going to hangout.

"How'd you know it was a date?" Wilbur asked carefully and Techno laughed a bit.

"Well one he drove to come pick you up and drop you off, two you watched his car drive away, three you're wearing your nice sweater, and four he posted a picture of you two together having a picnic together on instagram." Techno counted off.

"Well all of that is true, but it wasn't just a picnic, it was a sensory friendly orchestra concert." Wilbur said in mock defense. Techno chuckled as Wilbur sat down on the other couch.

"But how was it?" Techno asked and Wilbur smiled.

"It was really good, he was so sweet. He brought some of my favorite foods, and he remembered small little details. He kept complimenting me and he kept-" Wilbur trailed off, wondering if he should explain his thoughts to Techno.

"Kept what?" Techno asked, worried Quackity had done something to make Wilbur uncomfortable.

"It's just, I don't know how to explain it. It's nothing bad, it's just confusing." Wilbur offered.

"If you wanna talk about it, try to make sense of it while you're telling me then go ahead. If you don't want to, you don't have to." Techno said and Wilbur nodded.

"Quackity has always been accepting of how his partners present, right? Karl more specifically." Wilbur started.

"Yeah, but that's just basic human decency." Techno said.

"Well I know that. I'm just saying that he tells Karl that they're pretty and all this other stuff, no matter how they're dressing and all that. Sometimes he calls Karl a beautiful girl." Wilbur rambled.

"Yeah?" Techno asked, confused on where this was going.

"I want to be beautiful, like in the sense a girl is?" Wilbur said, but it came out more like a question.

"Wilbur, clarify what you are trying to say so I don't interpret it wrong." Techno said carefully and Wilbur took a deep breath.

"I don't think I'm entirely cis. I like being a guy, there's nothing wrong with it for me, but I also like the idea of being a girl. I don't know what I am, but it just makes sense being a girl when I'm with Quackity." Wilbur attempted to explain. Techno sat there for a moment.

"Okay, thank you for telling me. No matter what, remember that we all love and support you. Can I ask a question?" Techno asked and Wilbur nodded. "Are you just wanting to be a girl when you're with Quackity? Or is this something that has just been brought up because you went on your date with him?"

"I think this has been something that's kinda been in the back of my mind for a while and it was just brought up. I think it might have started to become a thing back around thanksgiving?" Wilbur guessed.

"Okay, why thanksgiving?" Techno questioned.

"I liked it when my hair was pink, and it made me feel pretty, but not in a sense of like 'oh I'm a pretty guy' but more of the sense of 'oh I'm a pretty girl'. On top of what Kristin's parents said about boys in dresses and shit, because that just made me think that I would look good in a dress but again not in a guy way?" Wilbur again tried to explain.

"I get what you're saying. Are you wanting to try and figure out a label that fits you? Or do you just wanna say fuck it and not address it?" Techno asked and Wilbur took a moment to think about it.

"I don't really want a label right now, but I think I wanna try pronouns? I already use he/they so I think I wanna try he/she/they for a bit? And maybe buy some skirts or something." Wilbur said and Techno nodded.

"Okay, is this something that you're gonna talk about dad and Tommy with or is this just between us? I wanna respect the new pronouns but don't wanna out you." Techno said and Wilbur laughed a bit.

"I'll talk to them about it in the morning once Toms is back."

~~~

"You look beautiful." Karl said. Wilbur looked at them in the reflection of the mirror. Wilbur was wearing an off the shoulder dress, it was a nice baby blue and it went to her knees. It was her first time dressing in "feminine" clothing, so she was nervous.

It had been three weeks (with three dates with Quackity happening during that time) since Wilbur had confessed his gender crisis to Techno. Of course everyone around her was accepting, and he was trying out the new pronouns.

Currently he was in a dressing room with Karl, since they knew a lot about fashion, while Sapnap was out in the waiting area with Quackity. Something about "boyfriends supporting their boyfriend supporting his girlfriend" (even though Wilbur and Quackity weren't official.)

"Yeah do you think he'll like it?" Wilbur asked and Karl gave him a smile.

"Wilbur it's not about what Quackity or anyone else thinks. Do you like it?" Karl asked and Wilbur looked back at her own reflection. The dress was stunning, and it made Wilbur feel invincible.

"I love it." Wilbur said softly.

"Then that's all that matters." Karl told her and she nodded.

"Is she ready?" Sapnap called from the other side of the door. Karl made eye contact with Wilbur and she nodded.

"Yep, we're coming out now, cover his eyes!" Karl called back. Karl stepped out of the dressing room, Wilbur right behind her.

Sapnap was standing behind Quackity, keeping his eyes covered. Karl helped position Wilbur in front of him, then moved out of the way so it was just Wilbur standing there. Sapnap removed his hands from Quackity's eyes and Quackity got his first look at Wilbur.

At once Quackity's face softened, and he smiled.

"Wilbur you're-" Quackity started. He took a deep breath in and they all could see tears welling in his eyes a bit. "You're so beautiful."

"Oh stop it." Wilbur said as she looked down at the ground.

"I mean it. You look so wonderful, that dress fits you so nicely and it's a great color on you. Do you love it? Does it feel good?" Quackity asked.

"It feels really good, I really do love it." Wilbur smiled.

"Do a little twirl!" Karl encouraged and Wilbur laughed a bit before spinning around. The dress spun around and that made Wilbur laugh even more. He kept spinning until he felt a bit dizzy, which made him almost fall over. Quackity quickly stepped forward and grabbed him to keep him steady.

"Woah careful." Quackity said.

"Sorry, I just didn't realize how fun that would be." Wilbur apologized.

"Trust me I get it, Karl has to twirl in a new dress or skirt at least twice to make sure they love it." Quackity joked, which made the other two laugh as well.

"It's true." Sapnap laughed.

"I just gotta make sure it's a nice fit, twirling included." Karl said in mock defense.

"Well it's very cute." Sapnap said before he gave Karl a kiss on the check. Wilbur looked over to the mirror again and saw his own reflection, he felt so pretty.

It was weird, seeing his friends for years wear dresses and hear them talk about how it's not a big deal to them. This felt like such a big deal to him, and he wasn't sure why.

Maybe because past houses wouldn't allow this kind of thing, or maybe because of what Kristin's parents said, but at the end of the day none of that really mattered.

In this moment he felt beautiful, and nobody could take that away from him.

"Do you wanna pick out a few more things, or do you think this is okay for now?" Karl asked after a few moments.

"I think I'm done with clothes for now, it was kinda overwhelming finding this dress, but do you think you could help me find shoes that match?" Wilbur asked and Karl nodded.

"Of course, you go change back and then we'll find you some shoes. Are you thinking heels?" Karl asked.

"Wilbur in heels? She's already taller than me, she'll be like a foot taller if we find her heels." Quackity said.

"Grow maybe." Wilbur offered before turning back to the dressing room and closing the door behind her. She looked in the mirror once more, grabbed her phone to get some pictures to send Eret and Niki, then she changed out of the dress.

After that they went to find some shoes (which to Quackity's mock displeasure) were a nice pair of baby blue heels that matched the dress perfectly.

"I was thinking for our next day maybe we could go out to dinner, a really nice place so you have an excuse to wear the new outfit." Quackity said as he walked Wilbur up to the door. Karl and Sapnap were waiting in the car.

"Yeah, that sounds lovely." Wilbur agreed.

"Great, does Friday work?" Quackity asked and Wilbur nodded. "Perfect, I'll look at some options and text you about it."

"Sounds good. Thank you for such a fun day, thank Sapnap and Karl for me too." Wilbur smiled.

"Of course. Can I kiss you?" Quackity asked and Wilbur nodded again. They kissed and then went their separate ways. Tommy was in the living room when Wilbur walked in, starting out the front window.

"DID YOU JUST KISS QUACKITY?"

Word count: 3000

1. Just a note, Quackity is dating Wilbur separately from dating Sapnap and Karl, so Sapnap and Karl aren't dating Wilbur. 2. This is the only chapter that's had no TW, and the next one is gonna be more fluff 3. Slay gay people (this was my favorite chapter to write)

Edited by Rose: they/fae/water it

Beta read by:
Kai: He/him
Vampy: They/them
Ryuunic: it/he/they
Clem: they/thou/he

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 70 20
Oh no. oh nonononono. This can't be happening. Ranboo was running. Running for his life, as it seemed. Three humans were chasing him, one of them was...
441K 20.8K 120
Trans!tommy au, wilbur involved a lot later on and then it switches between the two. Tommy has trouble's with himself. Dysphoria ruins his days. Whe...
30.4K 1.6K 13
It didn't hurt as much as Ranboo was expecting, getting bitten by the zombie. Or at least that's what he thought as he collapsed on the floor of the...
541 31 14
-----PAUSED AT THE MOMENT. READ CHAPTER "Sorry!!!" FOR MORE INFORMATION.----- **ALL STORIES DISCONTINUED FOR THE TIME BEING** Also being revised a li...