Chapter 31

TW for this chapter: None (this has never happened before)

Wilbur stood at the end of his driveway, looking up at the street then back down at his phone a lot.

Quackity was supposed to be here at 8 o'clock, but it was now 8:05 and that was making Wilbur panic. He knew it was only 5 minutes, and there was such a thing as traffic, but he got nervous.

He wondered if something happened to Quackity, if Quackity decided he didn't wanna go out with him anymore, if he somehow got the date and time wrong. There were a million possibilities.

But all the "ifs" were settled down when Wilbur saw Quackity's car come down the street. He pocketed his phone and smiled when Quackity pulled up next to him. Before Wilbur could step forward to open his door, Quackity got out of the car, walked around to Wilbur's side and opened the door for him.

"Oh hi, thank you." Wilbur said while bushing as he got into the car. Quackity closed the door and walked back over to his side and got in. "I could have gotten that myself, you didn't have to get in and out of the car."

"I was always taught that my date should never have to open a door themselves." Quackity dismissed. "How are you doing today?"

"I'm good. I'm excited for our date, what's the plan?" Wilbur asked and Quackity shook his head with a smile.

"That is a surprise, how's your family doing?" Quackity asked and Wilbur looked out the window.

After Tommy and Phil had gotten back from the cemetery Tommy and Techno had gotten into a fight. Tommy had been listening to church sermons on YouTube in the living room for a bit since Techno wasn't home, but once Techno was home he had demanded Tommy turn it off at once. Tommy snapped back that Techno doesn't get to tell him what to do all the time, and that asking him would have been better.

So things weren't great with the family.

"They're okay. How are Sapnap and Karl?" Wilbur asked.

"They're good, Sapnap went over to Dream's house to play video games with him and George, and Karl went with our friend Tina to get their nails done." Quackity smiled and Wilbur's heart skipped a few beats.

One thing that made Wilbur feel safe around Quackity was the way that Quackity didn't care about how his partners presented themselves, specifically how Karl chose to express themself. Karl often wore dresses, skirts, painted their nails and colored their hair. Quackity encouraged them and called them beautiful, sometimes saying Karl was his beautiful girl.

Wilbur wanted to be beautiful too, he wanted to be something so beautiful that Quackity would tell him so. He wanted to be Quackity's beautiful girl.

Wait what?

"Wil, you okay?" Quackity asked, snapping Wilbur out of his thoughts. For a moment he thought about telling Quackity the truth

"Yeah just having a gender crisis because I want to be seen as something beautiful to you" But he didn't say that. Instead he said

"Yeah, just really excited that's all." And that made Quackity smile again, and he reached over to grab Wilbur's hand with his own.

"Is this okay?" Quackity asked.

"Yeah it's okay." Wilbur said, feeling himself blush again.

Soon they pulled into a parking lot next to a park. Wordlessly Quackity got out of the car, opened the truck to grab a few things before coming over to Wilbur's side of the door, opening it for him. He stuck his hand out and helped Wilbur out of the car.