SERENDIPITY ~ A. Chase

By -laurelwreaths

SERENDIPITY | "She wasn't expecting serendipity. Especially, not in her life or with her enemy." โ”€the effect... More

SERENDIPITY
Playlists
Graphics
Act 1
i ~ Toilet Troubles
ii ~ Capture the Flag
iii ~ Quest of Death
iv ~ Bus Goes Boom
v ~ Killing a Snake Lady
vi ~ A Positively Precious Pink Poodle
vii ~ Kelphead Basically Dies . . . Again
viii ~ Check Fugitive Friend Off The List
ix ~ Lunch with Father Dearest
x ~ What's Black and White and Free in Vegas
xi ~ A Free Crusty Dusty Height Adjustment
xii ~ Three Heads Is Better Than One
xiii ~ We've Been Fooled, What a Surprise
xiv ~ Warpath's Dad Gets a Shower
xv ~ Frenemies Isn't the Worst
xvi ~ Betrayal By a Friend, The Worst Kind
Act 2
i ~ Bullriding At Its Finest
ii ~ There is... Some Family Resemblance
iii ~ Yay, Monstrous Man-eating Birds
iv ~ Lava is Great Dish Soap
v ~ Trespassing on the Princess Andromeda
vi ~ Well, Luke's a Bitch
vii ~ Hey Sis... Long Time No See
viii ~ Cassie and Clarisse are an Explosive Duo
ix ~ An Island of Pretty Ladies? Sign Cassie Up!
x ~ Brainiac Gets Serenaded But Not By Cass
xi ~ Trying to Avoid the Belly of the Beast
xiii ~ A Brutal Battle Between Three Brothers
xiv ~ Guess What! Luke is Back, Back Again
xv ~ Cassie Gets Yeeted and Percy's Almost Defeated
xvi ~ Lacking Letters and Chariot Racing Take Two
xvii ~ Another Pawn Comes Into Play
Act 3
i ~ Doubtful Yet Delightful Dancing
ii ~ Brainiac Falls Off A Cliff
iii ~ Pitching Camp and Troublesome Decisions
iv ~ Lesson Learned, Thalia Can't Drive
v ~ Angering the Wine Dude and Nasty Nightmares
vi ~ The Oracle Comes To Visit
vii ~ The Crew's All Together
viii ~ The Nemean Lion Gets a Nauseating Snack
ix ~ A Friendly Chat with the Fabulous 'Fred'
x ~ Saddling up the Erymanthian Boar
xi ~ Gossiping with the Goddess of Love
xii ~ Deadly Disaster in the Desert

xii ~ A Cocky Cyclops Gets Caught in a Chasm

1.1K 98 208
By -laurelwreaths

┌────── •✧• ──────┐

chapter twelve ˏˋ°•*⁀➷
012. A Cocky Cyclops Gets Caught in a Chasm

└────── •✧• ──────┘

Cassie had never wanted to stab someone more than right now.

Actually that's a lie. Cassie like stabbing people. Monsters especially. It was fun and they deserved it.

But that's not the point.

"I got Nobody!" Polyphemus cheered jumping in the air giddily.

The four peered into the cave entrance and there the cyclops was, holding what looked like nothing.

But they knew better.

The monster shook his fist up and down and a blue yankees cap fell out.

Annabeth became visible, currently dangling upside down in the cyclops' grasp.

"Hah! Nasty invisible girl! Already got feisty one for wife. Means you gotta be grilled with mango chutney!" Polyphemus decided.

Annabeth tried to wriggle out of his clasp but she was falling in and out of consciousness.

The huge gash in her forehead was probably responsible for that and her blank stare.

"Like she'd ever want to marry you!" Cassie scoffed, holding back from running at the cyclops and cutting his arm.

"Cas!" Percy called to get her attention. "I'll rush him. Get to our ship around the back of the island. You can lead Clarisse and Grover—"

"No way," All three chorused.

Clarisse was holding a ram's horn spear from somewhere in the cave. Grover had a left over sheep's thigh bone, which he would use to attack even though he wasn't that happy about it.

Cassie had her signature electric red sword in her hand and her red flame sunglasses on. The scowl on her face only grew every time she looked at Annabeth.

"We'll take him together," Clarisse argued, teeth clenched.

"Yeah," Grover agreed with her for the first time ever.

Cassie nodded, swinging her sword. "Besides, we can't leave blondie's life in your hands. She'd be dead in less that a minute."

She chuckled at the boy's offended face. "Don't act like it's not true."

Percy responded with the middle finger, only drawing more laughter from Cassie.

"All right. Attack plan Macedonia." Percy suggested, focusing back on the task at hand.

The three nodded in understanding. Training at the same camp had its perks.

Each would take one side of Polyphemus while Percy drew his attention forwards.

There was a possibility they'd all ended up dead together but at least they were there to help one another.

Percy waved his sword in the air. "Hey, Ugly!"

The cyclops spun around, blinking to try and get a better look.

"Another one? Who are you."

"Put down my friend. I'm the one who insulted you!"

"You are Nobody?"

"That's right, you smelly bucket of nose drool." Percy's insults sucked.

Cassie was busy laughing her ass off at how terrible Percy was doing. She was currently wiping away tears from laughing so hard.

"I'm Nobody and I'm proud of it! Now, put her down and get over here. I want to stab your eye out again." Percy threatened.

"RAAAR!" Polyphemus roared.

Cassie was gonna skin Percy for his wording. Polyphemus had listened and put Annabeth down.

But she fell head first into the rocks and stayed motionless. The daughter of Ares could feel her heart cracking slightly.

That was new.

Anyways, she shook off her worry for now remembering that she had to help keep Percy from dying.

Even after his little stunt. I mean the cyclops was heading towards him and ready to smush.

"For Pan!" Grover advanced, coming from the right.

He chucked the sheep bone, but it did absolutely nothing to the cyclops' forehead.

Clarisse followed after from the left and placed her spear down right as Polyphemus took a step. He cried out in pain and Cassie had to pull Clarisse away before she was trampled.

The daughter of Ares lit her sword and ran from behind, cutting into the cyclops' back as he removed the spear from his foot.

The giant stumbled a bit but kept making his way to Percy.

The son of Poseidon readied Riptide. When Polyphemus tried to grab him, he moved out of the way and stabbed the cyclops' thigh.

It still didn't do much because the guy was massive.

"Get Annabeth!" Percy instructed Grover.

The satyr grabbed the yankees cap and scooped Annabeth up.

The other three were trying to hold onto Polyphemus' attention. Cassie admired her sister's bravery.

Clarisse repeatedly charged the cyclops and every time he went in for a hit, she dodged.

Then, just as she made an her move, the duo would follow after with stabs to the monster.

But they couldn't keep this going for too much longer. Some one would get too tired or slip up and get caught in Polyphemus' grubby hands.

Being cyclops' dinner didn't sound that great to Cassie.

She was relieved though that Grover had made it across the rope bridge with Annabeth still secure in his arms.

Percy seemed to get an idea and cried out to the daughters of Ares. "Fall back!"

Clarisse dodged a punch from Polyphemus and Cassie stuck her tongue out at him.

They ran across the bridge with the cyclops on their tails. He was much slower due to the multiple wounds.

"Grind you into sheep chow! A thousand curses on Nobody!" Polyphemus shouted.

(just realizing the foreshadowing for House of Hades rn☝️)

"Faster!" Percy ushered, as if Cassie wasn't about to trample him because he was slow.

They mad dashed for the bridge to get to the other side where Grover had put Annabeth down.

Polyphemus, hot on their trail.

"Grover! Get Annabeth's knife!" Percy yelled.

Grover's eyes widened in confusion but seeing the cyclops behind them, he got the idea.

He started cutting the ropes as the other three scrambled to the other side.

The first strand broke with a loud snap!

Polyphemus shook the bridge as he tried to catch up.

With half the ropes cut, the trio dove off the bridge, rolling into the grass.

Percy quickly cut the left over ropes and the bridge broke, falling into the pit.

Polyphemus laughed next to them. Cassie would've almost jumped into the chasm in surprise if Clarisse hadn't grabbed her.

"Failed! Nobody failed!" The cyclops clapped gleefully.

Clarisse and Grover rushed him but he smacked them aside.

Cassie watched with a blank stare and she flipped her glowing red sword.

In the blink of an eye she charged and ducked under Polyphemus' legs, managing to get a good slice at both.

That was before she too was hit, tumbling down the hill.

Percy glared. He hadn't gone through so much, lost Tyson, and almost died, all for this fat ugly cyclops to win.

No one could just swat his friends like that! He knew Cassie was beyond angry now if not bored.

Percy felt a wave of strength surge through him and he raise his sword to attack.

He stabbed the cyclops stomach which made him double over even more. Polyphemus was already having trouble walking from Cassie's swings.

Percy took the opportunity to jam his sword hilt into the cyclops' nose. A few slashes and kicks later, Polyphemus was on his back overwhelmed with pain.

Percy stood over the cyclops, Riptide dangerously hanging over his eye.

"Uhhhhhhhh,' Polyphemus let out.

"Percy! How did you—" Grover started.

"Please, noooo! M-m-my sheepies need me. Only trying to protect my sheep!" Polyphemus' voice shook as he blinked his teary red eye.

Multiple big tears fell down his cheeks and Percy had won. One stab and it was all over.

"Kill him! What are you waiting for?" Clarisse shouted, busy helping up a dramatic Cassie who was on her back complaining about being smacked aside.

Percy couldn't bring himself to do it. The cyclops was so heartbroken, he sounded a lot like . . . Tyson.

"He's a Cyclops! Don't trust him!" Grover wanted from experience.

Percy knew Grover was right and Annabeth would've agreed too.

But Cassie probably would've bumped his shoulder and said to do whatever he thought was right, throwing a Kelp Head in there too.

So he listened, remembering that Polyphemus was a son of Poseidon too. Like Tyson and himself.

Percy couldn't just kill him.

"We only want the Fleece. Will you agree to let us take it?" The half-blood son of Poseidon questioned.

"No! Kill him!" Clarisse protested.

Percy and Cassie locked eyes. The brunette shrugged just like Percy thought she would.

"Whatever you do Kelp Head, I'm with you." She mouthed, or maybe she spoke but Percy couldn't tell because she was pretty far away.

"My beautiful Fleece. Prize of my collection. Take it, cruel human. Take it and go in peace." The cyclops agreed, sniffling,

"I'm going to step back slowly. One false move . . ."

Polyphemus got the idea, nodding.

Percy made the mistake of stepping back.

Just as he did, Polyphemus hit him to the edge of the cliff.

"Foolish mortal! Take my Fleece? Ha! I eat you first."

Cassie went for her sword, getting more irritated with each word that came from his mouth.

Polyphemus bent down to probably eat Percy and Cassie was just about to attack.

But before she could do anything a whoosh flew over them and smack.

The cyclops' laughter was cut of by a huge rock now lodged in his throat.

Polyphemus tried to swallow the stone, stumbling backwards.

He went too far and his foot missed the ground, sending the monster down into the chasm.

He looked like a chicken as he fell, trying to save himself.

Cassie swiveled in her red converse and a grin broke onto her face.

There in the flock of murderer sheep, was a familiar face. Tyson was standing there alive and Percy couldn't be more thankful.

"Bad Polyphemus. Not all Cyclopes as nice as we look." Tyson remarked.

Cassie loved him. Has she told you that?

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

Tyson summarized what had happened to him.

Rainbow had been following them, wanting to play with his cyclops friend. The hippocampus found Tyson sinking and saved him from the CSS Birmingham wreck.

Since then, the two been trying to find them when Tyson smelled the sheep and found this island.

Percy wanted to hug him but Tyson was amongst a bunch of piranha sheep so Percy refrained.

"Tyson, thank the gods. Annabeth is hurt!" Percy cried out.

"You thank the gods she is hurt?" Tyson face's contorted into one of confusion.

"Not like that!" Cassie corrected as Percy joined her by the blonde's side.

Cassie had ripped off some of her flannel and was holding it against the gash on the daughter of Athenas's forehead.

She grimaced at Annabeth's hairline which was covered in blood. The blonde was extremely pale too.

Percy and Grover gave each other worried looks as they watched Cassie try and wake Annabeth up.

Clarisse had sat down next to her sister and wrapped a comforting arm around her.

Cassie blinked away the tears that were forming. She couldn't cry, she had to save Annabeth.

That's when it dawned on her.

"The Fleece! Tyson do you think you could get it for me?"

"Which one?" Tyson's gaze traveled over the vast amount of sheep, but Cassie shook her head.

"Not their fleece, the gold one in the tree." She pointed.

"Oh. Pretty. Yes." Tyson nodded.

He made his way through the sheep, and thanks the gods he was a cyclops. If not, nobody would've made it through.

The sheep seemed to be expecting food and cuddled against Tyson. He grabbed the fleece and started making his way back.

The oak tree which had held the fleece started to die.

Percy knew Cassie was freaking out and yelled to his brother, "No time! Throw it!"

It sailed over Percy's head and luckily Clarisse got up in time to catch it.

The fleece was pretty heavy but Clarisse wasted no time handing it to Cassie who spread it over Annabeth.

The daughter of Ares silently prayed to all the gods. Even the ones she would rather die than talk to.

Like Zeus, Hera, maybe her dad. He was a special case.

She squeezed her eyes shut.

'Please save Annabeth. I won't hate you as much. That's always an accomplishment. But seriously I'll do anything. You want my sunglasses? They are pretty cool. And totally yours just keep—"

"You're not . . . married?" Annabeth's voice stopped Cassie's praying.

The brunette let out a sigh of relief. The daughter of Athena looked much better now.

Her face had its normal shade of tan and the cut on her head began to seal.

Annabeth was staring at Grover, who smiled.

"No. My friends talked me out of it."

"Annabeth, just lay still." Percy said, but the blonde didn't listen.

She sat up and her eyes locked with Cassie's. The brunette wiped away any tears that had threatened to fall and smiled.

She let out a relieved laugh, hugging Annabeth.

"Hey Nobody, it's good to see you're not a dead body." Cassie muttered, sniffles covered by Annabeth's shoulder.

"At least I to know you care, Warhead." Annabeth replied, chuckling a bit herself.

Cassie pulled back from the hug and inspected the daughter of Athena.

The cuts on her face were barely noticeable and she was practically shining.

Beside them, Tyson was struggling with the sheep.

"Down!" He ordered to the sheep trying to climb him for food.

Some were heading towards the other four, sniffing the air.

"No, sheepies. This way! Come here" They listened, but Tyson wouldn't be able to hold their attention much longer.

"We have to go. Our ship is . . . " Percy stopped,

Very far away. The fastest way to the ship was across the chasm which was now a drop to certain death.

So that wasn't an option.

The other way was through the sheep, who just so happened to want to eat them.

"Tyson, can you lead the flock as far away as possible?" Percy asked.

"The sheep want food."

"I know! They want people food! Just lead them away from the path. Give us time to get to the beach. Then join us there."

Tyson didn't seem to sure of himself but he didn't oppose. "Come, sheepies! Um, people food this way!"

He disappeared into the forest, sheep following after,

"Keep the Fleece around you. Just in case you're not fully healed yet. Can you stand?" Percy questioned Annabeth.

But as soon as the blonde tries she crumpled into Cassie's arms. The brunette lightly placing her down on the ground.

"Ohh. Not fully healed." Annabeth complained.

Clarisse got down and pressed on Annabeth's chest, drawing a gasp from the girl.

"Ribs broken. They're mending, but definitely broken." Clarisse deduced.

"How can you tell?" Percy inquired.

Clarisse didn't like being doubted. "Because I've broken a few, runt! I'll have to carry her."

Cassie shook her head and stepped in. "No, I'll carry her."

Before either Percy or Clarisse could argue, the brunette scooped Annabeth up into her arms.

Annabeth nuzzled her face deeper in Cassie's stomach and the daughter of Ares blushed red.

Clarisse, Grover, and Percy were watching with smirks before realizing they had to follow after the two.

༻ ─── •✧💢✧• ─── ༺

They got to the ship and Percy stepped forward. He closed his eyes, focusing on the Queen Anne's Revenge.

He imagined the anchor rising and coming towards him.

It worked and the ship appeared, round the side of the island.

"Incoming!" Tyson warned.

He ran away from the sheep who were following after, still looking for food.

"They probably won't follow us into the water. All we have to do is swim for the ship."

"Probably?" Cassie scoffed, raising an eyebrow at the boy. "And with blondie all beat up?"

"We can do it. Once we get to the ship, we're home free."

Percy seemed so confident, Cassie almost had hope as they got close to the water. She held Annabeth tight.

But any sliver of hope was washed away as roar burst threw the air.

Behind them, Polyphemus was splashing in the water, very cut up along with his baby-blue tuxedo.

He had a boulder in each hand as he drew nearer and nearer.

___________________________________________

ˏˋ°•*author's note

Hi loves!!! (idk what to call you guys lmao) An update as promised! 😁

As i said before i'm on fall break so i'll reply to your comments/questions and things like that when i'm free!!

I checked this while i was on a plane so let me know if you see any mistakes! 🙃

Also i had absolutely no idea what to name this chapter so i stuck to what i do best: alliteration!!

Oh well, maybe a better name will come to me one day.

Lastly, my book never shows up in any ANNABETH TAGS 😭😭 other than annabeth x oc but i don't know whyyyy!

But that's all for now so i'll see you in the next update!

—Just Another Overthinker

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 358 35
When I was young, I was always told that everyone loved a tragic Greek love story. Orpheus and Eurydice. Apollo and Hyacinth. Hero and Leander. Achil...
91.6K 3.6K 23
The demigods are mortals in a death match. In this wild multi-pov story, there is only one Victor. And that's a promise. ยป---โ–ป featured by @Fanfic ยป...
10.7K 460 31
ษชษด แดกสœษชแด„สœ, แด›สœแด‡ส แด€ส€แด‡ ๊œฑแด˜แด‡สŸสŸส™แดแดœษดแด… แดกษชแด›สœแดแดœแด› แด€ ๊œฑแด˜แด‡สŸสŸ. โ— _____ใ€Šยฐโ€ขโ—‹ \|/ โ—‹โ€ขยฐใ€‹_____ โ— "i love it when you do that," percy watched her with a smile. "do what?" "...