She's One Of The Boys

By lilly-rain

Secrets do not stay hidden for long. Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your... More

Chapter 1 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 2 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 3 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 4 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 6 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 7 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 8 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 9 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 10 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 11 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 12- She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 13 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 14 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 15 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 16 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 17 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 18 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 19 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 20 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 21 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 22 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 23 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 24 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 25 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 26 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 27 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 28 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 30 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 31 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 32 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 33 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 34 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 37 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 39 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapte 40 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - Eva's POV (extra bit)
Chapter 42 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 43 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 44 - She's One Of The Boys
Finale - She's One Of The Boys
Letting ya all know what's going on....

Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys

475K 7.9K 1.6K
By lilly-rain

~ ~ Chapter Thirty Five ~ ~

(Saxon’s POV)

Is she trying to turn me wolf right now? Isn’t she the one who was so worried about me exposing myself yesterday but yet here she is – showing of that perfectly flat and toned stomach for the entire class to see! Not only was my inner wolf starting to rear his ugly head at the sight of her but the other boys kept shooting her looks on the side as well.

I kept looking over at Chris as well, he is so lucky Eva stepped in and pushed him away from me before or I would have chewed his head off for speaking to me like that. I don’t care that he’s not in my pack anymore or that he use to be my friend, he can’t get away with that crap – only Eva can.

“You need to calm down; no one’s going to touch her.” Ryan mumbled as he walked back pass me, holding the volley ball in his hands while my eyes stayed glued to my little mate.

I watched as she jumped up to hit the ball back over and the way my shirt was tied up at the back, the entire thing lifted up to the bottom of her ribs, showing off even more of her skin that should be for my eyes only!

A ball rolled along the floor and hit my boot but I was watching Eva still as she walked towards me slowly, swaying her hips a little. Groaning internally I wish she would stop this.

“Can I have my ball?” she asked softly with a small smile. I eyed her for a few seconds before bending down and picking it up and handing it to her.

“Thanks.” She murmured and looked like she was about to walk away but stopped as she turned back to fully face me again while my eyes narrowed slightly, she was up to something. She flashed me a smile, then frowned slightly but plastered that soft smile back on her lips and slowly stood up on her tip toes, motioning for me to lean down which I did with caution.

She leaned in towards my ear and I groaned again internally as her warm breathe fanned across my skin, causing goose bumps. Take her! My wolf howled inside of me and it took all my self control to shut him up. “Thank you Saxon.” She whispered softly, her lips lightly touching my ear lobe and my eyes nearly rolled into the back of my head as she started to pull away but stopped and gently placed her lips in the hallow under my ear, kissing me softly and then she was gone.

A familiar chuckle reached my ears and my eyes snapped over to glare at a highly amused and smirking Chris – he thinks he is so good now because he is BFF’s with my mate and living in her house and had joined her pack. Damn him! He even gets to see her more than what I do and who knows what they get up to in that big house of hers, it’s not like anyone in their pack would tell me anyway – no! Eva isn’t the type to do anything like that; she’s too innocent and naive.

Looking back over at her, she glanced over her shoulder at me and smiled a little before turning back to face her game with her back to me. Emily dropped the ball on the ground in front of Eva and she bent over to pick it up slowly, poking her little butt up in the air before slowly rising back up again, flipping her let down hair back over her shoulder and sending me a wink.

My fists clenched as I wanted to just grab her right now and take her – she doesn’t look too innocent in this moment, which just proves I don’t know her at all. For some reason my eyes flickered to my little sister to see her giggling and giving Eva a thumbs up, then they both glanced over at me and quickly turned back again at the sight of being busted.

Suddenly I calmed down – I know knew what Eva was doing and who the mastermind behind it was. Smirking, I didn’t know if I wanted to thank Emily or kill her because this flirty side of Eva sure was different and I could now enjoy it since I know what’s going on but at the same time, I'm already in love with the old Eva.

Coach blew the whistle loudly and I growled lowly at him, he knows how sensitive our hearing is, “Switch!” his voice bellowed through the gymnasium and I watched Eva’s team which was Emily, Harper, Grant and Eva move to the other side of our net.

Eva was smirking at me and I smirked back, she was definitely up to something and it was either her own idea and she recruited help or the others have put her up to it.

“Who’s serving first?” Ryan asked in a bored tone, he hated volleyball and our team had practically lost every game because for starters – I was watching Eva the entire time and making sure no one else was and then Ryan was only kicking the ball under the net and not even playing the game properly while the other two were trying but for them it was four against two.

“Let Saxon, since he looks like he needs to get some frustration out.” Grant mocked with a smirk and Eva shot him a ‘shut up!’ look which he ignored.

“I’ll go first.” She mumbled and quickly snatched the ball of Harper raised it up in one hand and I groaned at her stomach before me as she slammed the ball with her fist and sent it rocketing over the net and hitting the back part of the court where Ryan stood.

He instantly dove on it and was about to boot it back at her but I growled in a low tone with warning and his shoulders slumped instantly. “No, I'm not doing that!” I heard Eva hissing at Emily angrily but Emily was nodding encouragingly with a grin – a little too excited about whatever she had just suggested for Eva to do.

Eva groaned loudly with annoyance and slight anger while shooting Emily daggers who wasjust smirking back at her and nodding her head slowly as she made shooing motions for Eva to come over to my side of the net. Groaning internally, I don’t think I want her over here, not when she is acting like this – she seriously has no idea how hard it is to keep my inner wolf at bay right now.

I watched her glance over at me quickly then look away defeated as Harper pushed her in the back towards the net. Eva quickly spun around and shoved him backwards, “Don’t shove!” she snapped quietly but he just grinned and motioned to how she just done the same to him.

“Can someone just serve the freaking ball already?” Grant shouted, his patience growing thin and by the looks of it – he is over whatever the heck is going on but Harper isn’t, I can tell by the big constant grin on his face which grows even bigger every time he looks at me.

“Shush Grant!” Emily hissed at him, whoa – quiet little shy Emily told Grant the player to basically shut up and even he seemed a little shocked but shook it off as he walked to the back of their court, grumbling quietly under his breath.

“Saxon.” Eva’s sweet little voice snapped me from my mind and I looked over at her, blinking a little but then my eyes narrowed as I watched her looking all innocent and coy.

“Yes?” I asked slowly and cautiously – the joys of having a sneaky other half.

“Um...” she trailed off then glared at Emily once more and pausing before smiling sweetly at me, “Could you teach me how to serve properly?” and she pulled that darn puppy dog face Emily taught her awhile ago and I groaned quietly.

Why is she doing this to me? I know she’s up to something but it doesn’t stop my body from reacting.

Smirking, I caught hold of myself, two can play at this game little Eva but I'm going to win it, “Sure babe, come here.” And I motioned for her to join my side.

Her eyes narrowed slightly but then Harper quickly nudged her in the back again while Emily giggled as Eva kicked her foot out behind her and got her brother in the shin – yeah innocent my butt. Then she gave Emily an annoyed look and shook her head but Emily was nodding and I knew they were using their mind link to talk to each other.

Watching Eva closely I saw her brows furrow a little and her heart beat started to go a little erratic – was Eva panicking over something? Emily was nodding her head vigorously now and pointing for Eva to get over here. My mate shot me a nervous look but was quick to cover it up and she slowly made her way towards me with her little smile glued to her face but her eyes weren’t flirting anymore, they were watching me like a Hawke.

“I won’t bite.” I kept my tone neutral still, but smirked a little as she looked like she was about to run back to her side of the net at any moment now. She stopped a few feet away from me and in an instant, I reached out and grabbed her waist, spinning her around and pulling her back close to my chest.

Her heart was pounding away in her chest as I lowered my head to alongside hers, making my mouth at level with her ear, “What exactly do you want me to show you babe?” I whispered softly, stirring goose bumps along her arms and shoulders.

She held the ball in both hands; gripping it tightly and I caught a glimpse of her slightly panicked but mostly murderous glare she was giving Emily and I held back a chuckle. Glancing over at her team I noticed how tense her brothers suddenly were – they could see Eva losing at her own game and they didn’t like it one bit.

Two can play at whatever game she is doing, not that I know what she is getting out of this apart from the fact I now know she can drive me insane with all the little moves she is pulling on me.

Lightly running the tips of my fingers down her arm until my hand was placed over top of hers lightly; her breathing picked up as I uncurled her grip of one hand on the ball and pulled it away, “You only need one hand to hold it.” I whispered softly again, my lips grazing across her ear

She held her breath and made some weird noise as her heartbeats went into over drive and I suddenly felt guilty for doing this to her right here, in front of the entire class since I know how innocent she really is in that kind of department, “Babe, I know you’re up to something.” I whispered softly near her ear and she gulped loudly, making me chuckle quietly.

“N-no I'm not.” she stuttered, sounding nervous – I make Eva nervous, I’ve never had this reaction from her before, she is always strong and holds her own, never letting anything I say or do really get the better of her unless I’ve triggered her anger.

“Yes you are.” I whispered again, still trailing my fingers lightly up and down her arm, the rest of the class disappearing from my thoughts like it was only the two of us in existence. I know me doing this was getting to her but I couldn’t stop, her skin was so soft like silk.

“I just wanted to know how to serve.” She all but breathed softly, not moving a muscle as her body stayed tense under my touch but her beating heart told me she was enjoying this along with the small shudders.

“We both know you know how to serve Eva, so – what are you up too?” I asked softly, keeping my gaze on her tiny and delicate looking hand inside my large one.

“I can’t ask for your help?” she mumbled, closing her eyes which made me smirk.

“Get your filthy hands off of my sister!” a angry voice boomed all around us, breaking Eva and I from our little moment which had my wolf on the defensive about immediately as a low warning growl rumbled through my chest. Looking up with narrow eyes at Brody – it just had to be him to say something.

I hate her family with a passion; they ruin everything for us every single time. They can’t just let us be in peace can they?

“Back off Thorn.” I warned with a furious look.

Eva tried to slip out of my grip but I wouldn’t let her as I instinctively pulled her behind me and placed me in between her and her stupid brother.

“Let. Go. Of. Her.” Brody spoke each word separately with his fists clenched.

I didn’t move a muscle; he was stupid to think I would ever listen to him.

“Brody, please don’t.” Eva sighed softly from behind me, “It’s my fault anyway – I....I was teasing him.” She mumbled and I glanced over my shoulder in time to see her look down with blushing cheeks. Normally this would have made me smirk or chuckle or something but I was too angry with Brody for destroying our moment.

“What do you mean teasing him....” he trailed off in an angry tone as his eyes grew wide and he had a disgusted look cross his face, “You have got to be joking Eva!” he roared.

“Calm down bro’!” Grant snapped at his brother and I smirked a little on the inside – maybe I could turn them against each other so they will be distracted while I win Eva over fully? My mate belongs to me; Eva belongs with me, not them.

“Calm down! He’s turning our sister into a little hussy!” Brody’s face was going bright red.

Having enough of his little temper tantrum over his sister, I spun around knowing if anyone tried to attack me from behind that I would hear them coming or at least one of my pack members would intervene, as I grabbed Eva by her waist gently and picked her up, she gasped as I gently folded her over my shoulder and walked out of the gym with her.

I'm surprised she hasn’t started yelling at me yet-, nope I thought too soon.

“What on earth! Put me down!” she started shouting, hitting into my back with her little fists but it didn’t hurt, “I do have my own legs, you know!”

“Be quiet up there, your creating a scene.” I muttered as I glared at a nosy teacher for opening his door and looking out at us before he quickly ducked back into his classroom, shutting the door behind him.

“Just put me down before I bite your head off.” She threatened in a softer tone but I just rolled my eyes at her threat and hitched her back up my shoulder since she was wriggling so much and held one hand over the top of the back of her thighs.

“Next time you want to flirt with me – be prepared because I won’t stop again.” I smirked, though she couldn’t see it.

“There won’t be a next time, you ruined my plan.” She muttered, sounding annoyed.

Raising an eyebrow, What was your little plan anyway?”

She started laughing to herself, Not telling you.”

I rolled my eyes, she can be so immature but I like that about her – at times. It’s only because she can be mature when she needs to be – like yesterday. I would have had Jack’s blood on my hands and exposed our kind to the human population of our school if any one of them had looked out the window and news like that would have spread like wild fire.

Not that I haven’t killed before but I’ve only ever taken the lives of wild rogues threatening my pack – so that doesn’t count at all.

It was stupid and reckless of her to approach me like that but even now I can remember the possessive need to have her near me and know she was safe and even my wolf wanted that too, so much that he called to her dormant wolf to come us and I didn’t stop him either. So she can’t be blamed for walking up to me.

But I knew I wouldn’t have attacked her in the slightest, she could have kicked me in the guts and the most I would have done would have been to pin her to the ground and growl warningly in her face to stop her from doing it again but she was smarter than that to kick me when I was in that kind of mood.

The bell rang for next period and she struggled harder to get out of my iron grip but it was a useless attempt on her behalf, “Come on Sax! Please! I'm allowed to have secret plans!” she asked nicely and it only made me laugh.

“Yeah, I'm not falling for that act.” I told her, she started to reply but got cut off as I tossed her up into the air a little, and catching her around the waist and flipping her over my other shoulder. “Now, either tell me or I will carry you around like this for the rest of the day to every class.”

“You wouldn’t.” She gasped and started hitting my back – okay, those I can feel but I won’t admit it to her, ever.

“Try me.” And I kept walking down the hall with students filing out of classes, all stopping in their tracks to look at us. Some smirking and laughing, girls glaring at Eva with envy and I shot them all drop dead glares but there was one boy I noticed who was grinning as he looked at Eva’s butt.

Eyeing him off with fury as I walked past I struck my free hand out instantly and hit him in the face, the sounds of his nose breaking echoed through the hallway to me and blood spurted out as he grabbed the mess I made of his face, crying out in pain.

“Don’t look at my girl ever again.” I growled right up in his face, shifting my body so Eva wasn’t near him at all. His eyes widened in fear as he nodded, trying his best to muffle his cries of pain.

“Did you just hit someone?” Eva called out from behind me and I smirked.

“No babe, the dude fell.”

“Stop with the babe crap! It makes me sound like that pig.” She complained, making me chuckle as a pack member walked past, looking at me with a smirk and nodding slightly. “Oh and don’t tell people I'm your girl either.” She continued as the crowd parted for me to get through easily towards the gym – she needed to change her clothes.

Pushing the door open to the girls change rooms, Eva continued with her little rant, oblivious to the fact I wasn’t even really listening one hundred per cent.

Setting her down on her feet, she frowned and looked around, then looked back at me smirking, “You need to leave.”

I shook my head slowly, “I’ll turn around but I'm not leaving.” and I did just that - turned around and watched the door. She sighed with annoyance but soon I could hear the sounds of her changing her clothes and it took all my will power and self control to not take a sneak peak because knowing her – she was watching me intently so she could bust me the second I did look.

“Ready.” She mumbled as she started to walk past me with her bag loosely slung over one arm, I quickly reached out and caught her hand, smirking as she turned to face me.

“Uh uh uh.” I wagged one finger at her, “Tell me or back over the shoulder with you.”

“You can’t be serious.” She scoffed, pulling a face, “Lunch hasn’t even been yet.”

“Your point being?”

She glared at me slightly, man her facials crack me up at times, “Meaning you’re not that strong.”

Grinning, “Want to bet on that?”

“No.” She immediately responded and I smirked.

“You telling me or not?” I asked as she tried to yank her hand free from mine but failed miserably, “I take that as a ‘no’ then.” And within the next second she was pounding my back again as I slung her over my shoulder gently and carried her bag in my free hand as I walked out of the changing rooms.

Walking into our food class, Travis glared at me instantly, Stevie just looked shocked, Emily bit back laughter and Chris looked amused.

“Put my sister down right now.” Travis ordered angrily.

“About time! Someone to hel-!” Eva cried out behind me but I hitched her up on my shoulder to shut her up as her voice cut off with a chuckle escaping my lips.

“No can do.” I muttered to Travis as I walked over to my table and sat down in my seat and dropped her bag to the floor, “You don’t have anything breakable in there – do you?”

“No.” She snapped, “But we’re in class now so you can set me down.”

“No, I don’t think I will. Apparently you don’t think I'm strong enough to carry you here all day – so I'm going to prove you wrong.” I smirked as I imagined her facial right about now.

Like I predicted she started thrashing about in my arms, so I quickly stood up so she wouldn’t hurt herself on the table or anything else. Travis was right in front of me within moments, glaring angrily as he made a grab for Eva. That angered my wolf and a furious growl erupted from within me, forcing him to back off a bit.

“Set her down! She clearly doesn’t want you touching her!” he roared, his face going red as his hands clenched into tight fists.

I kept my eyes on him as I sneered at Emily, “Get him away from me now, little sister.”

“Saxon, you’re making a scene.” Eva grumbled loudly.

“Don’t take his side right now.” I warned her and I felt her body stiffen in my hold but not from fear.

“Are you threatening me?” she demanded instantly – she was angry and I knew why.

“I think I'm skipping class today.” I muttered, smirking slightly at Travis as Emily wrapped her arms around his waist. He took a step forward but I shoved him to the side, not hard, as I pushed past and walked out the room, slamming the door shut with force behind me.

“What are you doing now? You’re taking this too far – like usual.” Eva muttered.

No, we were getting along until your brother stuck his nose in – like every other time we get along, one of your brothers stick their noses in. I'm plain sick of it.” I growled, trying to keep my tone down but my anger was too much in this minute.

“You’re reading too much into this.” She grumbled, resting her elbow on my shoulder and digging it in a little but I could tell she wasn’t doing it on purpose so I let it go.

“No I'm not, you just don’t see it.” I muttered back, pushing the doors for the lunch area open and stepping outside into the sunny afternoon, the sun warmed my already warmed skin.

“Travis doesn’t care about the whole mate thing, he probably just thought you were holding me against my will – which you are by the way.” She muttered back to me.

“I don’t care.”

“I saw you push him – that wasn’t cool.” She mumbled quietly.

“Sorry.” I grunted, sitting down on top of one of the tables, leaving her on my shoulder.

“Say it to him – can I get down now?”

Scoffing loudly, “I'm not apologising to him and no, I'm proving a point here.”

“Fine, I believe you – your super strong and could carry me up here for a week, no - a month! I don’t care, just put me down.” She muttered.

Growling slightly, I stood back up again and started walking around, I needed to let off steam as I picked her up by her waist and lifted her over my head and to the other shoulder. She growled at me as she grunted, “I hate how you can do that.”

I raised an eyebrow, my anger dissolving away slowly, “Do what?”

“Pick me up like I weigh nothing – it’s insulting.” She grumbled, looking around us.

“You do weigh nothing to me and how on earth is it insulting?”

“You’re basically bragging you’re stronger than me and where’s my bag?” she asked, looking at my other side.

“Back in the classroom with your precious brothers, so don’t worry – they will take care of it and of course I'm stronger than you, you don’t even train. I have for years now.” My anger was spiking back up at the thought of her idiotic brothers, man I hate them even more now.

“I do so train, just not with you because you’re mean to me and I don’t actually care where my bag is – I'm just hungry and it has my food in it.” She folded her arms over and gave me a pointed look.

“Let me guess, you train with your pack.”

She huffed loudly, “Yes.”

“They are doing a poor job then, you would benefit more from me.” I muttered and it would mean more time for us together with no interruptions since it would be on my land and not their crappy little block they have.

“Of course you would say that but they are nicer about it.” She smirked.

“You mean they let you quit when you find it too hard?” I looked down at her and she scowled angrily at me for catching her out.

“No.” she muttered with attitude, such a bad liar.

I smirked as an idea came to me; reaching up, I grinned as I lightly spanked her butt and boy did she stop moving instantly as she sprung up into the air, grabbing onto my shoulder as she now stood tall, “You did not just hit my bum.” She shrieked softly, making me laugh and dropping the subject of her brothers.

“I did and I’ll do it again if you don’t stop.” I chuckled but then growled lightly when she hit me across the back of my head, “Oi.” I growled and looked up to see her smirking down at me since she was now taller than me.

Letting go off her instantly she fell down and screamed but I caught her again before her feet touched the floor and now she was at eye level with me. Cocking an eyebrow she gasped softly as I kept walking with us like this, heading back out into the hallway her cheeks heating up as our noses were almost touching.

Man, she is so beautiful and doesn’t even know it.

Smiling a little as her bright green eyes were glued to mine, unable to look away from me, shock written all over her delicate features as I studied each and every tiny freckle on her face, the way her lips looked so inviting and how much I just wanted to kiss her again, how much I wanted her to actually genuinely want me back.

I don’t know much about mates but I do know that we have known each other for awhile now and she is still resisting me, I know she can feel the sparks when we touch, that she would have to feel the pull towards me but she doesn’t act on any of it – only when my wolf called to hers.

Am I that repulsive as a mate that she doesn’t actually want to be mine? I guess I don’t blame her though, I'm not an easy person to get along with but neither is she, but at least she can actually be sweet, caring and nice to others when she wants too.

She puts other people before herself all the time and I'm not sure if she even realises it, she puts her families happiness and needs and wants before her own because I know they would be playing a big part in why she doesn’t want me back but I'm going to change that.

I'm going to prove to Eva that she will always come first to me, I just hope I don’t screw it up like I always do.

The second I stood her down on her feet, she pulled away from me, not breaking eye contact but then something inside that little head of hers snapped and she looked away, the colour in her cheeks heating up again as she looked down at her feet, frowning slightly.

“I'm sorry.” She whispered and as I was about to ask her what for but she spun on her feet and took off like a bat out of hell, disappearing around the corner without a glance back.

The bell for next class rang out but I was still standing in the same spot, looking after where she had ran off to, lost in my own thoughts and wondering why she took off like that. Students spilled out into the hallway again – had a full class really passed already? But I ignored them all as they walked around me in a wide circle, keeping their eyes away from me.

“Sax!” a voice boomed out and I snapped my head behind me and frowned when I saw Vance pushing his way through students like they were nothing more than annoying flies, he even literally swatted a few out of his way, sending them sideways into the lockers with a grin on his face.

“Vance.” I muttered in a bored and slightly agitated tone.

He just simply grinned at me as I started walking down the hall towards the front door to leave, Vance never came to school unless there was a reason and it always involved me having to leave.

“I just saw Eva and made the mistake of calling her ‘little’ and boy did she lose it.” He chuckled as I stared at him coldly, “She kicked me in the guts and shouted something about showing me and you she isn’t a little girl then stormed off.”

Cocking an eyebrow, I wonder if I'm the reason she is in a bad mood now? “Did she say anything else?”

“Nah, she snapped at your sister saying ‘you and dad have the worst plans ever’ – I have no idea what that even meant but your sister seemed worried all of a sudden and chased after her.” Vance spoke as he stepped out of his way to shove some human boy into a locker and he laughed at the kid’s reaction.

“Just stay away from Eva.” I grunted defensively. I didn’t need Vance getting her anger going anymore than I do.

He pushed the doors opened and broke the lock as I followed him out, “What’s up with Chris? I heard he is friends with her.”

“Eva invited him to join his pack because I was ‘heartless’ enough to kick him out of mine.” I growled, still not liking how she came to his rescue. I may have issues with him but still, what kind of man lets a girl rescue them like that? “He’s gone soft because of it too.”

Vance clucked his tongue, “That’s why the Thorns are a useless pack; they are all weak with feelings and nonsense. Seriously, you should get Eva away from them – if they ever get attacked by rogues, they don’t have the numbers to defend themselves, which is why I am here.” He grimaced slightly.

“Rogues?” I growled, thinking his words over about how they wouldn’t be able to defend Eva at all because like Vance just said – they don’t have the numbers or strength behind them like my pack does.

“Yeah, a group of ten attacked the eastern pack. Stole a whole bunch of females, mates mostly and killed a lot of men as well. The Beta just contacted us, their Alpha was killed, and apparently these rogues were vicious and ruthless.”

“Why the heck would I care about another pack?” I snapped, anger spiking up inside of me at the idea of the eastern pack thinking I would care – I haven’t any other time, so why would I now?

Vance smirked slightly, “Because they reckon we are more vicious and can take them out without losing anyone – not to brag but it’s true.” I had to nod in agreement, I'm not known for having caring feelings and my entire pack is known for being ruthless against threats.

“What’s that got to do with us though?” I demanded as I climbed into my jeep – this car really is a piece of crap and I bet Eva doesn’t even care that I have it still, “I know they didn’t call to warn us.”

“Sort of, the rogues are on the move and getting cocky, apparently they think they can take us on or some crap.”

“So, why did you come get me then?”

Vance glanced at me and suddenly looked nervous which ticked me off, my pack isn’t allowed to ever be nervous over something, “Um, the rogues have found out about Eva somehow.” And he winced.

My blood sky rocketed along with my fury and my hands crushed the steering wheel under my grip as my body violently started shaking and I felt myself shifting already and I knew it was going to happen because there is nothing to calm me down right now, not even Eva would be able to.

“How?” I roared which was the last word out of my mouth as I sprung from the jeep, ripping the driver’s door clean off in the process as I burst into my wolf, I could feel the power and anger radiating through my strong tense muscles as my teeth snapped viciously at the thought of these rogues even thinking they could lay a hand on her.

Taking one brief glance at Vance, he nodded telling me he will deal with the car as I turned back around and took off, I don’t know where I was heading but something needed to be done, though right in this moment I needed to see Eva and know she was safe. I wanted, no – needed her with me.

So raising my head, I let out a long powerful and commanding howl, my wolf using the control he has over her inner wolf to bring her to us, even when she is asleep, he has the ability to reach her wolf and make them come – I’ve done it once before.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

See you again By Charlie

Mystery / Thriller

874 132 30
"I'm so done with lies!" said Charlie. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you!" I replied. "I want to know the truth!" she said. "I'm a werewolf!" I...
218K 11.7K 51
A genetically unique but emotionally lost teenager must figure out who she is within her mixed-up, warring world of Shifters and Wolfstalkers. ...
44.3K 1.1K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...
6.7K 493 24
Lucas and his family work non stop to care for his mother and pay for the expensive medical treatments she requires. He and his father both work two...