Schwärmerei - Yandere Genshin...

By Chaifish

Sometimes life changes for no reason. The interesting thing is whether these changes are good or bad. Does wa... More

General Things
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Halloween Special Part 1
Halloween Special Part 2
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Author's Note
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91 :)
Chapter 92
Chapter 93

Chapter 78

3.3K 149 71
By Chaifish

This village is every sleepwalker's nightmare. Most of the huts are high up in the trees, so you could fall to death. The huts that are closer to the ground aren’t any better either as there are cliffs everywhere. Not to mention that wildlife is significantly more hostile than in any other region you were until now. So, to sum it up, it is good that you aren’t sleepwalking through Teyvat. You are just sitting at the edge of a wooden path in the big tree, your legs dangling off of it.

On the plus side, you have quite a good view of your surroundings up here. As the night has already come, all the nocturnal insects have awaken to chirp to determine who the best singer among them is. The fireflies on the other hand do their little illuminated dances in the air. This peaceful nature has something truly beautiful to it.

“Please do not jump out of shock this time, the fall down here would put you in a significantly worse position than your friend’s one. It’s just me – Tighnari.”, says a male voice from a medium distance before coming closer to you.

You sigh. “I am usually not that jumpy - still, thank you though. How is Aether doing?”

“He hasn’t woken up yet, but his condition is stable. Haypasia, the scholar you met back at the cave, has improved so far that she already has left again. She forgot to eat during her meditation and she ended up collapsing because of it. By chance, your group met her exactly at that moment. There wasn’t a common factor that made both your friend and the scholar sick.”

“And what is or was wrong with Aether then? He isn’t malnourished or something like that and you said before that the air wasn’t poisoned either, soo…”

“I have an idea what might have happened, but we will have to wait until he wakes up.” Still standing, Tighnari massages his forehead.

“Having a headache?”

“It is hard not to get one if a flying child, worried for her friend, is constantly talking with her high-pitched voice despite being told to be quiet multiple times.”

“Ah, you must have a sensitive hearing because of those ears… Yeah, Paimon loves to talk. As far as I know she used to do all the talking before I joined their traveling group, but nowadays Aether speaks more for himself, so it isn’t as obvious anymore.”, you chuckle, “Please don’t be mad at her – she only means well. Really. But back to Aether: Could I go and see how he is doing myself?“

“Sure. Come with me.”

Once you arrive at the hut where Aether is taken care off, you are greeted by a peacefully sleeping blond boy with Paimon sleeping on the same pillow as him, snoring lightly. Careful not to wake them up, you walk up to them. “Get well soon, you adorable idiot.”, you whisper and gently remove a strand of hair out of the Traveler’s face.

Equally quiet as you, Tighnari sits down on a stool. “Are you two a pair? A romantic one, I mean.”

“WH-“, you pause, remembering that you have to be quiet to not wake up anybody. “How did you get that idea?”

He points at your hand that is still hovering over Aether’s head. “To be fair, I haven’t seen his behavior towards you, but you certainly are affectionate with him.”

“He is just my friend!”, you hiss, “Like can’t people be friends and still care for each other…?”

“It was merely a question. No reason to get so agitated. Unless… there is some truth to my accusation.” This sly smile – he clearly enjoys teasing you.

“Hey… You- …You're just jealous that you don’t have such a nice friend as me.” Despite cringing inside, you keep up you straight face as good as possible.

“And what if I told you that is the case? Or maybe I only asked about your relationship with him to see if I could have a chance with you?”

Surprised by the answer, you choke on your saliva. “…You’re quite bold, did you know that? Even if you’re only teasing me, this is the one of the boldest statements I got after less than one day of knowing each other. Here I thought that you were a somewhat serious researcher-guy, studying plants…” Blushing from embarrassment, you turn your head away from Tighnari.

“Well, most people would describe me as a serious type of person. But you are simply too tempting to tease. And you reward one with a wide range of expressions, too.” The fox boy chuckles. “Anyways, I will leave you for now. Tomorrow is a busy day so I shouldn’t go to sleep too late. If you want to stay at Aether’s side, you can do so. If not, there is an unoccupied hut right next to this one. Sleep well, my dear (Y/N).”

Still amused by your conversation, Tighnari leaves the hut. His tail is wagging happily from side to side again. Truth be told, he didn’t plan on teasing you. In fact, the only reason he approached you earlier was to ask you if you felt any discomfort after breathing in the incent or if you had any other physical problems after traveling through the Chasm. After all, he heard that a lot of people suffer from a variety of symptoms after having traveled through the mines. But once he started talking to you, he completely forgot his original intent and instead grew more interested in talking to you about other matters. The way you react to certain phrases and words, the way you move and talk and how your eyes automatically look at his ears and tail every time they twitch – something about it mesmerizes him. Just as if he discovered an entirely new species of mushroom that needs to be examined. …Or, as if a Rishboland Tiger finally found its perfect prey.

Back at the hut, you have decided to stay with your friend and therefore take a stool to sit next to his bed.

Rosa seems to have made the same decision quite a while ago as it is already fast asleep next to Paimon.

Looking at Aether’s unconscious form, you can’t help but wonder what Aether was thinking during all the situations when you were beaten up or god knows what else. Sure, he wasn’t happy, but what exactly was he thinking? Was he worried, or did the annoyance over things like this constantly happening to you overshadow his worry? You are certain that he doesn’t hate you, but what if he becomes fed up with you one day? Especially now that you are more or less useless as you can’t play your psychic-card anymore… You shake your head. There is no use on dwelling on such thoughts. Having made yourself as comfortable as possible, you eventually drift off to sleep.

You feel like someone is watching you. Once you open up your eyes, you see a bunch of derpy faces gathered around your head. Those faces belong to some sort of creatures that look like a silly interpretation of forest fairies. They are cute nevertheless. Cute enough to not be worried about their presence at least. “Unlucky Nara has woken up.”, the one with a dark-green leaf hat says.

“What?” Avoiding hitting them with your head, you sit up straight. Now that you can properly see your surroundings, you can guess that this must be a dream as it looks like you are sitting inside a giant flower. Not that giant flowers are unlikely to exist in Sumeru, but you can't think of a reason for you to wake up inside of it instead of Gandharva Ville.

“Those are Aranara, forest spirits. They refer to humans as ‘Nara’.” A young female voice answers for the little plantlike spirits.

Searching for the source of the voice, you find a small girl with white hair and green eyes sitting on a swing.

“And who are you…?”

“You can call me Nahida. Nice to meet you.” Her smile is as pure as the one of an angel.

Yesterday, I have yawned in a way that my jaw cracked and now I can’t chew as good as I wish I could. Stupidity does hurt sometimes.

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

362K 3.9K 23
~ WHAT SHOULD YOU DO WHEN FACED WITH YOUR DREAM ? ~ oneshots for various characters
15.1K 609 23
Waking up in another world is terrifying. Not remembering anything is worse, though. Teyvat is a strange world filled with mysteries for you to explo...
957 26 12
Oh...hey! I didn't expect you to stop by and come relax with us...or maybe...wait did he tell you about us without us knowing? Ugh...he's going to ha...
106K 3.6K 40
  ⁺  "You're all that I want.."  ˚ + . *       ✦ .  ⁺    .⁺    ˚   . *    ✦ 震えが止まらない . + ⁺   . *     . ⁺     ...