Total Drama Miraculous Island...

By vintage_retro_queen

Marinette is being sent to a camp in Canada by her class against her will. She and her family couldn't believ... More

Prologue
Get to Know Her
Chapter One-She's in THAT Camp?! Pt 1
Chapter One-She's in THAT Camp?! Pt 2
Chapter One-She's in THAT Camp?! Pt 3
Chapter One-She's in THAT Camp?! Pt 4
Reactions: Akuma Class 1
Reactions: Celebrities 2
Reactions: Friends and Family 3
Reactions ??? & ??? 4
Reactions Part 2-Akuma Class 1
Reactions Part 2-Celebrities 2
Reactions Part 2-Friends and Family 3
Reactions Part 2-??? & ??? 4
Chapter 3-Too Brutal? Yeah, Right (DodgeBrawl)
Reactions Part 3-Akuma Class
Reactions Part 3-Celebrities + Friends and Family (+ ??? & ???)
Chapter Four-Watch Us Work (Not Quite Famous)
Reactions Part 4-Akuma Class
Reactions Part 4-Celebrities + Friends and Family (+ ??? & ???)
Chapter Five-Nature is No Picnic Up Close (The Sucky Outdoors)
Reactions Part 5-Akuma Class
Reactions Part 5-Celebrities + Friends and Family (+ ??? & ???)
Chapter Six-Be a Champion or Be a Chicken (Phobia Factor)
A/N: On Hold For Editing Once Again
Another Quick A/N: New OCs Coming in Hot!
Get to Know Amanda
Get to Know Mercurius

Chapter 2-Too Bad the Sandman Isn't Here (The Big Sleep)

1.2K 28 9
By vintage_retro_queen

It was just another ordinary morning like any other for the campers in Camp Wawanawkwa.

Where they are all in their cabins, still asleep in their little dreams. However, when they hear the sound of an air horn going off in front of a megaphone, startling them all awake. All but two girls, Lucy and Marinette. As the two woke up, Lucy stretched her arms and lets out a yawn like a kitten would after taking a nap. Marinette gets up and stretches her arms and legs out.

After they both got dressed and walked out of their side of the cabin, they looked to see everyone was already outside. "Glad you two can join us, girls," Chris said. He then continues talking to the rest of the still, tired campers. "Okay, now that everyone's here, I hope you're all ready because your next challenge begins in exactly one minute." "Oh, excuse me, I don't know if that's enough time to eat breakfast," said Owen. "Oh, you'll get breakfast, Owen." Chris said, "Right after you complete your twenty-kilometer run, around the lake."

"Oh, so you're funny now?" Eva questioned, not liking Chris's motives, and started marching towards him with her left hand formed into a fist, ready to punch a man to a bloody pulp. "You know what I think would be funny-" Before Eva can do anything, she is pulled back by Geoff and Duncan. "Eva, try to control your temper?" Courtney whispered to her. Eva then turns to Chris again. "You're enjoying this, aren't you?" she asked. "A little." Chris admits. "You have thirty seconds."

CONFESSIONAL: COURTNEY

"Okay, that girl, Eva, has got to get a handle on her temper. She's only been here one day, and she's already thrown her suitcase out a window and broken the lock on one of the bathroom doors."

After that, they already started to prepare for their kilometer run. "Okay, runners! On your marks, get set, go!" with that, they all started running. All but Marinette and Lucy.

CONFESSIONAL: LUCY

"Nettie and I were a bit suspicious about us awake so early and are told to do a run around a lake."

CONFESSIONAL: MARINETTE

"As a result, Lucy and I decided to walk instead. That way, we can see what this challenge really is."

As Marinette and Lucy walked around the lake, Harold started to break the ice, asking one question. "Do you know how much longer?" he asked. "Not sure. But you have to admit, it is nice to head out and get some fresh air every now and then," said Marinette. "Still true." Lucy added.

"Pick it up, people!" Chris said in a megaphone. "If you're not back by dinnertime, you don't eat!" After a while of walking, they made it back to the main lodge. And Owen slams the door open. "Clear a table, stat!" he exclaimed. As Lucy and Marinette walked to their table, Gwen started to talk, "Hey, wait a minute, if they lost, that means we won the challenge." she said. As most of the Screaming Gophers cheer for their victory, Chris stops them. "Whoa there! Hold your horses, guys. That wasn't the challenge." he said. "What did you just say?" asked Gwen.

"Who's hungry?" there, they all see a table full of home-cooked food.

CONFESSIONAL: GWEN

"After a whole week of brown sludge, I almost cried when I saw that buffet."

CONFESSIONAL: MARINETTE

"I must admit, the buffet table looked amazing. However, since there were still suspicions about the running and the buffet, I decided to stick with something light. Such as a bread roll and maybe some of the salad."

CONFESSIONAL: LUCY

"As much as I want to enjoy a delicious home-cooked meal as if it was home if my hunch is correct, I'm just going to do the right thing and stick to the salad."

Marinette finishes eating her bread roll as she and Lucy see the others finished stuffing themselves with what was left on the buffet table. 'Boy, they sure ate a lot. And here I thought Mister Criminally-Insane-Though was the master of eating a lot and still having a built figure.' Lucy thought jokingly and quietly snickered to her little self-joke. Chris then jumps on the table with a megaphone in hand. "Okay, campers! Time for part two of your challenge." he said. "I thought eating was the second part." said Owen.

"What more do you want from us?" "Weird goth girl is right. Haven't we been through enough?" asked Heather. "Um, let me think about that. No! It's time for the Awake-a-thon!" Chris announced. "The what-a-thon?" Owen asked. "Hm. I'm not surprised." Lucy said, crossing her arms, and Marinette nodded in agreement. "Don't worry, this is an easy one. The team with the last camper standing wins invincibility." "So what you're saying is the 20k run and the turkey-eating frenzy were part of your evil plan to make it harder for us to stay awake?" asked Gwen. "That's right, Gwen." "Man, he's good."

After Chris told them to move, everyone started heading out of the main lodge to the campsite to start the Awake-a-thon. "So, how long do you think it'll be before everyone's out cold?" Trent asked Gwen, Lucy, and Marinette. "About an hour, give or take," Gwen said, giving Trent her answer. As they see Owen walking past them, looking as if he is going to pass out at any second, Gwen added, "Maybe less."

Twelve hours later, everyone was already too tired, had bags under their eyes, yawning away, and looked as if they are about to pass out at any minute or any second. All but the last two, Marinette and Lucy. Who are apparently just sitting there, looking normal.

CONFESSIONAL: GWEN

"The Awake-a-thon was definitely the most brutal thing I've ever done in my life."

CONFESSIONAL: LUCY

"Just as Nettie and I suspected. But then again, I feel like this challenge will be a walk in the park. This brings back some memories when I was with some old friends of mine when I was five and six years old. I know I was too young to do any of that at night, but still. It's pretty much an easy task for me. I got this one in the bag."

CONFESSIONAL: MARINETTE

"This won't be too bad. I always take all-nighters whenever I have to do homework, work on design ideas, and work on commissions for my clients. So this won't be so hard."

As they all continued on with the Awake-a-thon, Owen was already down and out. "This is the most boring thing I've ever done in my life." "Tell me about it. I can't read any of my Stephanie Queen books during this whole ordeal." Lucy said, upset she couldn't read her favorite books for the challenge. "Could be way worse," said Trent. "How?" asked Marinette. "I could be stuck here without you to talk to," he said to Marinette, making her smile. Gwen smiles, seeing that Trent is talking to Marinette.

CONFESSIONAL: GWEN

"Not gonna lie, but for some reason, I can actually see those two being together when this whole crazed-storm of a show is over. Those two, totally deserve each other."

CONFESSIONAL: HEATHER

"So, my strategy is to get two other campers to form an alliance with me and take to the Final Three. The only question is, who can I find that is either desperate or dumb enough to do whatever I say?"

"Um, Lindsay? What are you doing there, Bambina?" Lucy asked as she and Gwen saw Lindsay in a mid-handstand position. "I'm trying to get the blood to rush to my head. I think it's working." "Can I try?" Beth asked her. And Lindsay told her sure. "I wouldn't do that if I were you two," Lucy said worriedly. "Lindsay, Beth, can I talk to you for a second?" Heather called. As they head over to her, Lucy, Marinette, and the rest of the campers continue with the Awake-a-thon while Heather talks to Beth and Lindsay.

As the sun went down, some of the campers were already asleep while the rest of them were still trying to stay awake. Which leaves eleven Screaming Gophers and seven Killer Bass still awake. "Congratulations, campers. You've made it to the twenty-four-hour mark. Time to take things up a notch. Fairy tales." "Oh, he's not serious!" Gwen exclaimed. "I know, out of all things, he has to choose fairytales? I could be reading Stephanie Queen's Critter Crematory by now!" Lucy complained. As Chris read, more and more of the campers started to fall asleep while others were still trying to stay awake.

Now, there were six Screaming Gophers and four Killer Bass still awake. Meanwhile, Gwen, Trent, Lucy, and Marinette started to have a small talk to pass the time. "Okay, favorite song?" "Jagged's song tribute to the Parisian heroine Ladybug," Marinette said. "Too Cool for School by my favorite late Drummer of KISS himself, the Fox, Eric Carr," Lucy said, crossing her heart for the late drummer. "She Would be Loved. Favorite color?" "Pink and red." Marinette answers. "All colors from the 50s to the millennial 2000s. Oh, and black and Navy blue, of course," said Lucy. "Midnight blue." "Ah, mysterious. Nice," Lucy complimented. "Alright, favorite video game?" "Death Arise," said Gwen. "Music Gods," Trent said. "Ultimate Mecha Strike III," said Marinette. "What about you, Lucy?" "Victorian Servant: The Truth for the Vixen's Secret." "Sounds like a great video game, Lucy." "Well, not gonna lie, my friends back home and I needed a break from stuff related to violent and horror-like video games now and then," Lucy admits. Then, Gwen starts to yawn. "Whoa, hey now, don't fall asleep on us now, sorella," Lucy said as she, Trent, and Marinette helped her. "Okay, quick. Favorite movie moment." Marinette says as she and her friends try to help Gwen stay awake. "You guys are gonna think it's cheesy," Gwen warns. "We promise we won't," Trent said, with Marinette nodding in agreement. "Okay, the kiss at the end of that road-trip movie. You know, with the guy and the three girls?" "Oh, yeah! I remember that." Marinette said. "Hey, that one is one of the best classics," Lucy said, crossing her arms and nodding in approval. "You like that movie?" Trent asked with a chuckle. Just then, Marinette then noticed something.

"Hey, where did Owen go?" she and Lucy looked to see that Owen was not there. "That's odd. He was there a while ago." Lucy said, raising a brow. "Uh...it might be best you guys don't want to know," Gwen said awkwardly as she and Trent saw what they both wished they never saw was Owen sleep-streaking. Meanwhile, Lucy and Marinette both looked at Gwen and Trent confused.

CONFESSIONAL: OWEN

"Did I mention that I ate the entire dish of baked beans and maple syrup? Funny thing about baked beans, they make me sleepwalk."

The four then continued on when they saw Sadie and Katie both sleeping together at the same time. "Oh, cool. They even sleep together." Trent said. "It's actually cute, really." said Marinette.

A little while later, the four friends are lying on the ground, looking at the stars. "You guys still awake?" asked Trent. "I am," Marinette said. "Is that even a question?" Lucy questions, crossing her arms. "Yeah. It's weird, but I think I'm so tired, I'm not tired anymore," said Gwen. "Does that make sense?" "I really have no idea," Trent answered. "Hey, Nettie. You know where the Little Dipper is again? I forget." Lucy admitted. "You guys see the Big Dipper? Follow the handle to that bright star, the pole star, and it's right there." "Ah, cool." "Awesome."

It's been fifty-one hours and still counting, and the four started to notice something odd about Justin. Gwen noticed first saying, "Look at him. He's like a statue." "A statue? More like a realistic standee for a model class." Lucy explains. "This guy hasn't moved in like, over fifty hours or so." Gwen, Trent, and Lucy tried to wake Justin up, while Marinette walked up closer to him. "Amazing!" she said. "Just look at the concentration." Then, Marinette taps Justin's face, which causes him to shake his head, which surprises her. What surprises her and her friends the most is when Justin opens his blue eyes, which causes them to gasp and Marinette to jump in surprise and fear.

"His eyelids are painted. I saw it!" Eva pointed out, which got Chris's attention. "Get out," he said in disbelief. "Oh, I've got to see this." Chris runs to see that Justin has painted his eyelids. "That is so crazy incredible! But you're still out, dude." he said. With that, that leaves five Screaming Gophers still awake for the challenge.

Two days later, by the next morning, Marinette was still awake with Lucy, however, the bags in their eyes were telling another story. Just then, Marinette noticed Duncan doing something while Harold was sleeping. He takes Harold's hand and places it in a cup of water. Then, "Oh, gross, it works! Dude peed his pants!" Duncan exclaimed, waking Harold up. As Harold wakes up, he realizes that he did and tries to cover himself in embarrassment. "Duncan! Why did you do that?!" Marinette said, running towards the scene. "Ah, come on, dollface. You gotta admit that was hilarious." said Duncan. Marinette glares at him, the same way she would at Roth when he tried to plagiarize Kitty Section's song and her designs back in Paris. "Maybe for you, but that is still wrong. How immature can you be?"

CONFESSIONAL: DUNCAN

"Feisty. I like that in a chick. And with this one. I think I might have found the one."

CONFESSIONAL: LUCY

"I saw that too, and believe it or not, but I've been through a lot of weird stuff back at my old high school, but that, that was just the lowest of low, even for Mr. Juvie Boy. That was just wrong. But aside from all of that, I got to get the bright side of things." Lucy then grabs a vintage-looking camera, takes a finished photograph out of it, and reveals the photograph to be Noah kissing Cody's ear. "Ha! We've been here for a week, and we're already getting a first ship. How fun is this in our second challenge?" she said, laughing happily.

CONFESSIONAL: NOAH

"I didn't know it was Cody! I thought I was kissing Marinette!" Noah then realized what he said five seconds later. "No! I mean-AGH!"

After a while, Gwen started to yawn. "I'd kill for a coffee right now," she said. Lucy was taking a couple of whiffs of an essential oil labeled, 'Wake Up and Smell the Coffee'. Until she opened her eyes and turned her head to Gwen. "Sorry, Gwen. Did you say something?" Before Gwen can ask what Lucy is sniffing, Chris walks in with a cup of coffee in hand. "What is the matter with you people?" he asks, sipping his coffee. "Come on, fall asleep already." Just then, Gwen grabs Chris by the leg. "You got to hook me up, man." She said. "I'll even eat the grinds. Anything!" "All right, you seven stay with me. The rest of you go and get a shower, for heaven's sake. You stink!" Chris said, sipping more of his coffee. 'Well, what do you expect McLean? You're the one who's making us this insanity you call an Awake-a-thon.' Lucy thought unamused as she continues on sniffing onto her essential oil. She then turns to Marinette, who seems to be ready to fall asleep. Before the girl can close her eyes, Lucy quickly has the essential oil right in front of Marinette's face and under her nose. And with a couple of whiffs, Marinette's eyes were wide open.

"Huh?! Wha? Whe-where am I?" she gasped, looking around, looking awake. "I didn't want it to come to this." Chris started, getting both her and Lucy's attention. "I said that to Chef Hatchet last night. I said, "Chef, I don't want it to come to this." But darn it, these campers are tough. And so, I've come up with the most boring, sleep-inducing activity I can find."

CONFESSIONAL: GWEN

"Oh, come on. What now? Okay, you know what? Bring it on."

Just then, Chris opens a book, which Marinette and Lucy both realize that it was a...

"The History of Canada. A pop-up book. Chapter One."

'You're kidding me, right?' Lucy thought as she and Marinette both looked unamused. 'Personally, I'd rather listen to Lila keep on lying about the host of the Puppy Bachelorette, Blainley.' Marinette thought while the other five groaned and Gwen let out a 'Stink!'

As Chris goes on and on in the book, it brung Eva, Heather, Gwen, and Trent to sleep. 'Elder Gods Dangit!' Lucy thought in frustration.

A little while later, Chris announced to the still awake three campers, "Time for a bathroom break. Any takers?" he asked. "I've held it this long, sweetheart," said Duncan. "I can go all day." Lucy scoffs. "Yeah, but I doubt you can hold it for another ten chapters." hearing that, causes Duncan to change his mind, and head to the bathroom. "You've got five minutes." Chris said. "Long as you don't mind a little company." "Fine, but stay out of the stall." Duncan warns.

After a little while, Lucy and Marinette started to feel extremely tired. That was until Chris received some intel from an intern. "And we have news. It looks like Duncan's taken a dive on the can, which means there is not one, but two official winners of the Awake-a-thon. And those two winners are...."

"Is it just me? Or is that a sorcerer from a different realm with an evil smirk heading our way?" Lucy mumbly asked with Marinette mumbly responding, "That depends. Is the sorcerer holding a dark purple butterfly that looks like an akuma we get from in Paris in his hand all of a sudden?" after that, the girls then fell back first, fast asleep, knocked out cold.

"Lucy and Marinette! The Screaming Gophers win!"

After taking the two winners, Gwen, and Trent back to their cabin and putting them to bed, there was a commotion going on in the Killer Bass's cabin. Where Eva was trashing the girl's side of the said cabin in anger, in search of something that seemed important to her. Heather decided to "walk in and see what was going on". "Hey, guys. Wow, this place is a real mess," she said. "Someone stole Eva's MP3 player," Courtney explained to her. Heather then "realized" and asked, "You don't mean this, do you?" as she showed the MP3 player that got Eva's attention. As she ran to Heather, Heather "Explained" to them, "I was wondering who it belonged to. I found it by the campfire pit. You must've dropped it." Evan thanked her and Heather responded with a "Sure thing" and walked off.

CONFESSIONAL: HEATHER

"Turn a team against their own team members? Easiest trick in the book."

When the Killer Bass's elimination ceremony came around in the evening, Chris walked to them and spoke.

"You've all cast your votes and made your decision. There are only nine marshmallows on this plate. When I call your name, come up and claim your marshmallow. The camper who does not receive a marshmallow, must immediately return to the Dock of Shame, catch the Boat of Losers, and leave. And you can never come back, ever." Chris then moves on with the names of the campers who are safe. "The first marshmallow goes to Duncan. Bridgette. Courtney. Katie and Sadie. Tyler. D.J.. Geoff. Campers, this is the final marshmallow of the evening... Harold. Eva, the Dock of Shame awaits.

"Nice. Really nice." Eva said to the other campers, looking as mad as a raging bull. "Who needs this lame-o T.V. show, anyway?" as she stomps off to the Dock of Shame, she ragingly kicks Chris in the shin. As he lets out an 'ow' and holds his possibly bruised leg, he turns to the Killer Bass, telling them, "Have a good night's sleep tonight. You're all safe."

CONFESSIONAL: COURTNEY

"See? I told you. You can't act like a total raging psychopath and then expect people to just forgive you, no matter how tough and strong and fast you are." Courtney explains and crosses her arms, "She's never gonna have a career if she doesn't get her act together."

CONFESSIONAL: HEATHER

"So, Eva was one of their strongest players, and now she's gone. I am so running this game."

As Eva is in the Boat of Losers, she starts to talk, "I guess my temper got the better of me. Again. But whatever, they just lost their fiercest competitor. I hope they realize that." Just then, she feels something in her pocket. She checks to see that it is a little charm that has Rosie the Riveter that has words that say, 'Stay Strong, Eva! You Can Do It!', an essential oil that is labeled 'Anger Management', and a note that says, "To the strongest gal we know, M & L" Eva smiles, "But then again, there are some people that are actually understanding." she said.

Meanwhile, back at the Screaming Gophers' cabin, Lucy and Marinette, both smiled small in their sleep.

Edited in: Monday, March 25, 2024

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 13.1K 49
Everyone's excited about the school's field trip, however, the Akuma attack left Marinette and Adrien miss the ride. Worse, their things were there...
1.6K 7 15
Originally crossposted from archive of our own - marinette is a girl who's trying to escape her tumultuous past, and as she attends her new school sh...
43K 822 26
It's junior year for Marinette and her homeroom class is assigned an unusual project. The project is two students, randomly chosen, are required to b...
278K 6K 55
Everyone knows Marinette Dupain-Cheng but do they know the real her, who her real family is and where she's from? Marinette just so happens to be a W...