Assassin's Bride

By TheQueenofDarkness

#1 Action. "Promise me Cloud," Faith implored her voice barely audible. She lifted her gaze up at him... More

Assassin's Bride
Assassin's Bride Chp1
Assassin's Bride Chp2
Assassin's Bride Chp3
Assassin's Bride Chp4
Assassin's Bride Chp5
Assassin's Bride Chp6
Assassin's Bride Chp7
Assassin's Bride Chp8
Assassin's Bride Chp9
Assassin's Bride Chp10
Assassin's Bride Chp11
Assassin's Bride Chp12
Assassin's Bride Chp13
Assassin's Bride Chp14
Author's Note
Assassin's Bride Chp15
Assassin's Bride Chp16
Assassin's Bride Chp17
Assassin's Bride Chp18
Assassin's Bride Chp19
Assassin's Bride Chp20
Assassin's Bride Chp21
Assassin's Bride Chp22
Assassin's Bride Chp23
Assassin's Bride Chp24
Assassin's Bride Chp25
Assassin's Bride Chp26
Assassin's Bride Chp27
Assassin's Bride Chp28
Assassin's Bride Chp29
Assassin's Bride Chp30
Assassin's Bride Chp31
Assassin's Bride Chp32
Assassin's Bride Chp33
Assassin's Bride Chp34
Assassin's Bride Chp35
Assassin's Bride Chp37
Assassin's Bride Chp38
Assassin's Bride Chp39
Assassin's Bride Chp40
Assassin's Bride Chp41

Assassin's Bride Chp 36

26.8K 1.1K 91
By TheQueenofDarkness

Hello guys, I am back. So sorry for the wait, I don't know where should I start from. Exams than things and life was so damn busy I had no time at all!

Sorry for the mistakes.

__________________________________________

~*I could start fires with what I feel for you~*

"Wade Jayden Wolfic, what a pleasant surprise." a familiar, vicious voice greeted.

Wade raised his head to come face-to-face with the fiend, his cousin, Maynor Wolferian. A slow, poised smile unfurl on his lips, but, inside Wade's heart commenced to throb rather rapidly. The Jayden son played along, he permitted his eyes to move down Maynor's form, take in his leather blazer, his dark jeans and shiny shoes.

 "You really are a foe of time and punctuality isn't your big fan either." Wade vocalized and was glad Maynor had not offered him his hand for he was not at all rapt in shaking hands with the bastard.

The Wolferian took a seat across from the Wolfic and straightened his jacket. "You see a black cat crossed my path and caused this undesired delay." Maynor joked and Wade's grin widened.

"Coffee or tea?" Wolfic offered his guest and gestured for a waiter. Maynor's eyes took in the three cups and smirked.

"I am not a morning person, but the severity of this situation on the other hand, has caused me to be one." he explained and curled his toes in vexation. "Coffee?" he asked once again with a clenched jaw.

"No. I believe the start of the day should be with a glass of vodka." Maynor replied and took out a flask and cigar from his leather jacket. Wade, however, ordered for another cup of coffee and leaned back then recalled yet once again what Cloud had apprised him. How he had to converse with Maynor. How he had to tangle Maynor in the web of his words and coax their cousin smoothly.

"You seem very desperate in demolishing your brother's life," he watched as the Wolferian brought his cigar to his lips and took a long drag, the repulsive smell twisted Wade's insides. He sobered, rested his hand on the chair next to him.

"It is a famous saying. A woman can either make a life or fucking destory it. In my case, it is the latter. Your powers will get me what I wish for and my ploy will give you what you greed for." Wade pronounced eyes dark with fury.

"What is your plan, little cousin?" Maynor demanded.

Wade opened his mouth to respond but halted when his coffee was placed on the table. He took the cup and rested it on his lips, when the hot liquid went down his dry throat he retreated the cup and looked up. The instant something like a deranged blaze ignited inside him.

Maynor believed him.

"Tomorrow at noon, I will take Faith out for lunch. I will excuse myself for the restroom then will vanish from there and that will be your opportunity. You and I, both are aware that Cloud always has her encircled by his dogs. He is a fool to trust me," another gulp from his coffee. "If I am with dear Faith, his dogs will withdraw, she will be all alone."

Maynor allowed smoke to meet air and pursed his lips. "Carry on." he jerked his hand for Wade to continue, the action caused ashes to sprinkle on the table.

"I want you to take her and commit what we agreed on."

"You want me to abduct her in daylight?"

"There is a restaurant nearby, not many visit there, a perfect sight for this abduction."

"And how do you suppose I will abduct your Faith?"

"Threatening can make humans do almost anything." Wade rolled his shoulders. "Her beloved Cloud will be on thin wire here. She will come with you willingly if you mention to salughter that asshole." the brother elucidated.

Maynor smiled, a satanic smile. "You really have a mind of a Wolf. Pity you were born in the Wolfic clan, it would have been delightful to posses you."

"I am not a possession." Wade snapped.

Maynor chuckled and flicked some ashes. "Ironic how you arrange this gathering here, at your friend's cafe. Could it be that you are agitated?"

Wade did not reply and merely glared at him.

"How come your brother, the great Fury has not detected your feelings towards his fiance?" Maynor took a glup from the flask, the corner of his eyes crinkled from the nasty taste of the liquid .

"He is too engrossed in seeking you, and pays no heed to me."

"Aaa, I see, and yet we sit here." Maynor nodded. "You could just aid your brother and inform him about my whereabouts."

You have no idea!

"I would have, but I have another objective."

"Like terminate the woman your brother loves."

"Precisely." Wade nodded at his words.

"It was great doing business with you." Maynor placed his cigar on Wade's saucer and rose to his feet. He turned around to depart, but stopped, and looked over his shoulder with a lethal look in his eyes. "If you so much ponder of double crossing me, Wolfic. I will annihilate you just like we butchered Eragon." 

"We shall see to that." Wade growled and glared as his cousin sauntered out of the cafe. He snatched his cell phone and messaged Cloud the moment sun ascended a few steps. Instead of waiting for Cloud's reply, he got up and decided to vacate. However, someone caused him to halt and blink a few times.

"Nala?" Wade called, uncertain.

The girl turned around to face him and a frown appeared between her brows. " Wade," she sighed. "What are you doing here?" and crossed her arms over her chest, as if irked.

The Wolfic playboy plunged his hands in jeans pockets and titled his head. "I am attracted to beautiful things." Nala rolled her eyes. "I can ask you the same thing?" he smirked.

"What do people do in cafes?" she hoisted an eyebrow.

"Well I thought you never left your prison." it was meant to be a jest but Wade witnessed how her gaze turn glacial. 

"God! Alex was right, you are pathetic." with that she stepped aside and strode away.

"Wait!" Wade followed. "I am sorry," she did not listen and proceeded. "Have coffee with me. If not coffee have breakfast with me. I am very hungry." he stopped when she instantly rotated around to glare at him. "Come on Nala, I know you need coffee as well."

She peered at him for a while, he observed as wheels twirled in her eyes, then she bobbed her head. Wade grinned like a cheshire cat and gestured to a table nearby. Once seated, they both gazed at each other, Wade with a mischievous grin, Nala with a deadly glare. Disregarding her poisonous glower, he ordered for a heavy breakfast and leaned back on the chair.

"It surely is a surprise to see you all abandoned here. I mean where is your bodyguard?" Nala growled at his comment.

"Alexander isn't here."

"I can see that. Why is that so?"

"I needed to get away from that house and breath in some fresh air." she looked away from him. Here he took note of her long brown sweater dress with black leggings, hair on her shoulders with sexy black strappy heels. He didn't dare deny she appeared rather sensual.

Wade narrowed his eyes, he could see why she acceded to have breakfast with him. There was something she yearned to ask him. If it weren't for her motive there was no way on earth Nala would have assented, let alone converse with him.

"So how is fresh air working for you?"

With a mocking smile on her lips she faced him. "It was going marvelous until I saw your face."

Wade chuckled. "Ah, now I must condemn this face." he pointed at himself.

"Please do so, you will grant peace to my heart." she retorted and grinned at the waitress who brought their breakfast.

Wade observed as she ate, not at all diffident, she ate as if he was not present. Not many women were able to do that in his presences and he was, yet once again impressed by this woman. "If I didn't know better I would say you just came from a cave." he taunted.

Nala chewed on her food, swallowed then opened her mouth to retort. "You want me to play with the food like a demure imbecile and waste your money?"

"Nah, we wouldn't want that now do we?" he winked and she groaned.

"Why aren't you eating?" Nala interrogated as she spread jam and butter on another toast.

"You see I am on a very strict diet." he vocalize sedately then took a swig from his coffee and new soon he had to pay a visit to the restroom.

The Wolfic surveyed her eat for a while and perceived how she glanced at him now and then, waiting for the right juncture to drill him. "How did Alexander the great permitted you to leave? I don't see men in black guarding you."

Nala sighed. "He is not aware." Wade raised his eyebrows. "Because brother has not been around much," she lowered her voice. "I know they are up to something. Alexander hasn't been around from over a week now."

Wade propped his elbow on the table, trailed his eyes around the cafe then allowed his eyes to land on her, his gaze steady. "I know that you are aware of their schemes, Wade." he threw his head back and laughed at her attempt.

Impressive indeed!

"And here I thought Nala was giving me a chance."

"I am serious."

"So am I."

Silence blossomed between like a flower in summer as they stared at each other for a prolong while, until Nala averted her gaze exasperated. "Can't you divulge their ploys?"

He shook his head very slowly. "I would love to but I cannot." his voice was barely audible. Wade's gut wrenched when a despondent look displayed on her heavenly face. Damn woman and their face expressions.

"You are a loyal pet to your brother." she uttered.

A smirk lifted the corner of his lips. "That I am and I take pride in it."

"You and I both know you are a tremendous liar. Just this once, let me in on what are they up to. Alexander scarcely ever calls."

"Why thank you! Such a benevolent compliment, but I have crossed my heart and hoped to never lie."

"You are lying,"

"That I am" he shrugged and ran a hand over his scalp.

Nala huffed and sniffed. "At least let me know if what they are doing is something immensely dangerous."

"You will not stop, will you?" she shook her head violently in denial.

"Sorry, Nala. Sure I don't fancy upsetting a gorgeous lady like yourself. But when a bastard gives his word not even his lover can make him break it."

She peered at him for a while then exhaled, rubbed her fingers over her knackered eyes and sighed again. "As you wish."

With a groan she stood up, stared at him then grabbed her bag and attempted to trod past him. Instantly, Wade's warm fingers swathe around Nala's delicate wrist and tugged her close, so near that his lips were next to her ear. "Go home, Nala. If I see you alone again the consequences will not be good." As words escaped his lips he took note of the shiver that ran down her form.

Nala snatched her hand from his grip haughtily, shot him a glare and stormed out of the cafe. Wade tusked and eclipsed his face in hands and sighed in chagrin. Of all days she had to have coffee today, where wolves of hell were unchained to dig their claws in the assassin's flesh and drain him alive!

*

*

Faith stirred in her slumber and hugged her warm pillow tighter. However, her lips formed a thin line when her pillow heaved up and down. Gradually, she opened her eyes and met with another pair of tranquil, alluring ones. At first things did not register, then Faith comprehended that she was wrapped in Cloud's arms on her bed.

Promptly, her eyes widened she gasped, sat straight and propelled Cloud away only to fail and fell backwards from her small bed, towards the floor. Before she could fall, before her body could come in contact with the cold tile, two strong arms seized her shoulders from behind and steaded her. Faith was on the bed again, with her back compressed to a warm, broad chest.

"If this is your reaction every morning, I better watch out," an amused voice whispered in her ear and she shuddered.

How on earth did he get behind me so fast?

"Good morning," she verbalized to conceal her discomfiture and heard his chuckle.

Gently Cloud lifted her up further and sat behind her, his chest pressed against her back. Faith blinked against the headache and the feel of comfort, her cheeks turned scarlet when memories flooded in her mind. She recalled her confession, she remembered his revelation. A smile graced her lips and heart thudded rapidly. That naive heart lulled when Cloud encased his arms around her middle and entwined his fingers.

"You did not abandon me." Faith clamped her teeth on her bottom lip.

"Wolfic's always keep their word." he rested his chin on her head and Faith closed her eyes abundantly contented.

"How many years?" Faith mumbled.

"Pardon?"

"How many years did it take you to master this move?"

He was silent for a few seconds. "Two years."

"That is a long time."

"Compared to others it was accomplished rather early."

"How many years did, did they take?" Faith swallowed.

"Five."

She gave a nod and they remind in that position for a while, then Faith gasped and began to pull away from him hastily. She stumbled out of the bed with covers tangled around her feet aware of Cloud's muddled gaze.

"What is the matter, Faith?" he inquired when she ran her hands down her hair.

"Nothing, nothing at all. I should go and take a shower." Faith uttered and rushed to the washroom.

Oh, how hideous she must have appeared early in the morning, with a migraine and hair in a tangled mess. Faith took a shower and thanked God to have clean clothes in the washroom. Once done she gaped at her reflection in the mirror and winced. Pallid, that's how she appeared. A disconsolate sigh escaped her lips as she ambled out of the restroom then came to a halt at the scene in front of her.

Cloud stood by her dressing table and brushed his hair. At her sight he looked at her in the mirror and beamed. "How did you?" Faith pointed at his wet hair.

"Mr. and Mrs. Baron are not yet awake so I used the hallway restroom." she blinked at him. Normal, such a normal respond, such a usual act for an assassin! She frowned at her train of thoughts.

"You are frowning," the man placed the brush and sauntered up to her.

"Nothing."

He nodded but there was a look in his eyes which she was so exceptionally acquainted with, a look that said he knew she was lying. Cloud brushed aside her hair then trailed his hands down to her hips and rested them there, and brought her closer. Faith watched as he went through a mental conflict then sighed.

"I must go now, Faith."

"Why?"

He cleared his throat. "It is time for our fates to change."

"I don't understand." she shook her head, her throat went dry like she gulped down a handful of sand.

"Don't worry, it's nothing perilous," he pushed a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Cloud, what is happening this time?"

"I can only inform you this. Things will occur today and I want, no, I need you to be courageous for me," now his brows knitted at the tears that swam in her eyes.

Faith dropped her head and stared at his chest, jaw clenched.

"Look at me," she did with tormented eyes. "You and I both desire a normal life and to posses that we must go through the events that shall take place today," he ran a hand down his face. "I cannot disclose much, but I can warn you." his thumb trailed the tear that escaped her eye.

"Should I be frightened?" Faith mumbled.

"Do I terrify you?" he questioned.

"No." Faith shook her head.

"Then there is no need to be scared," he beamed and her heart sunk as if his smile was a tempest in the ocean of her heart. That smile held incalculable warnings, and inexplainable veiled sentiments.

"Now, I want you to go out before your mother walks in," to proof his words right a door in the hallway creak opened. Cloud shook his head when Faith endeavored to protest. "I will see you later and when I do," he leaned down to kiss her forehead. "I will never leave again."

Faith wanted to tell him so many things, but each time either Cherise materialized or another thing occurred. It shattered her heart to not apprise him that she believed him. She opened her mouth to pronounce the words and heard her mother make her way towards her room. Faith glanced at the door then at Cloud who give her a small smile, barely visible on his lips.

"Cloud I..." she trailed off when the door opened and he evaporated from her sight, like a damned specter. A cold shiver cascaded down her form when his warmth vanished. Her breathing picked up when she searched around the room for him like a deranged being.

"Faith, Faith dear." the voice of her mother caused her to look at Iris. Her mother peered at her with disquiet noticeable in her eyes. "Are you alright?"

Faith looked around the room yet once again then nodded and bit her lip. "Yes mom, I am perfectly well."

What did Cloud mean? What was so threatening that a man like him possessed distress in his eyes! That mere thought caused her blood to turn cold and terror to crawl at her skin.

____________________________________

First of all, Queens_realm << this is the instagram account I made especially for my stories. I will make pics to share, and if you guys want to make posters I will post them on the account.

Second, I am so sorry for the long wait, but I couldn't help it. Brace yourselves for the coming chapters they are gonna be a roller coaster ride, I assure you!

Third, sadly there are only five or six chapters left from Assassin's Bride. Yes! I know it's saddening but the story has to come to an end. However, I am working on another story "The Rogue" I hope you guys will support me with that one as well.

Thank you so much! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 4.1K 74
ANGEL He infuriated me ever since our first encounter. I admired his looks and patience he had while holding me hostage. But as the months followed...
8.5K 1.1K 46
Zoe lands in the walking city of Archigram for her last assassination as an apprentice. Her mission, kill a millennia-old immortal who founded the ci...
140K 3.4K 34
Death wasn't something she feared, especially when she lived the life of a secret assassin. Sharp-witted and seemingly innocent, Hope Taylor perfecte...
363K 11.4K 62
"No," She stood up straight and took his hand off her thigh. She straightened her dress and began to walk away. He grabbed her wrist and leaned again...