Perfect Nightmare

由 SereneScribbler

Just like any other female werewolf Dove Pierce dreams of finding her mate and living the perfect life that m... 更多

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 20

2.6K 68 1
由 SereneScribbler

Dove's POV

After yesterday's events, one would think that their loved one will be sleeping soundly next to them and not find an empty cold space where their body should be. Well that's exactly what I found after waking up this morning.

I struggle to sit up due to currently being naked and the discomfort I feel in between my legs. Giving up I contemplate on various methods of murdering Xavier.

My thoughts were interrupted when our bedroom door opens and in he comes with a breakfast tray.

"Good moring love." He says after kissing my forehead and placing the tray on the bedside table.

He's prepared a wonderful tray consisting of Nutella sandwiches, a plate full of eggs, bacon and bread. Strawberries, a homemade latte and a pitcher of orange juice.

Everything is great and all but the smell of eggs was off-putting. And before you say anything I'm not pregnant. I've always hated the smell of eggs ever since I was little which caused my aversion to them.

"I'm going to prepare the tub for you." He says standing up after finishing our breakfast. Good thing he ate the eggs.

Coming back he carries me to the bathroom and it reminds of the time when I had the boot except this time I'm more comfortable being naked in front of him. He gently lowers me into the tub. All my muscles seem to relax after being submerged into the hot bubbly water.

"You can join me if you want." I say

"Trust me if I join than you won't be able to walk straight for a while." He says with a smirk on his face. Hearing that makes me want him even more.

~
Finishing my bath I feel refreshed and unbelievably happy. I have a mate who I love and even though we haven't said those words to each other but based on his actions I know that he feels something for me.

Finishing dressing up I finally catch the mark on the junction of my neck. Xavier's mark is two wolves laying down with one wolf leaning on the other, both looking up towards the full moon. Below the wolves the initials 'XA' were written in cursive.

Now that Xavier and I have mated and he's marked me I wonder when I get to have my very own wolf. When that happens everything will be right since that's the thing I've always wanted in my life.

But what if it doesn't work and I'm meant to be human forever. Will Xavier still want me?

My thoughts cloud my mind so much so that I didn't hear Xavier enter in the room.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing." I reply getting out of reverie. He gives me a look that says I don't believe you and takes a seat next to me on the bed.

"You know you can tell me anything right? But I'm not going to push if you aren't ready." He says while holding my hand.

"What if I'm meant to be human forever? What if one day you wake up and realise you want a mate who you can mind link? What if I can never mark you? What if I'm not good enough?" I whisper looking down. He lifts my chin up in between his index finger and thumb so that we are eye level.

"Camilla, I care alot about you more than I'm willing to admit and I'll gladly have you in whichever form i can. I don't care if you can mark or not. But if it that's important to you than I'll get a tattoo of how my mark should have been. I know it won't be the same but at least it's something." He says comforting me. His eyes are filled with honesty that I can't help but fall for him more.

He lifts me up and places me on his lap so that I'm straddling him. I wrap my arms around his neck and place my head in the crook of his neck. Sniffing his scent and his hands running down my back is the remedy that settles my anxiety.

After what felt like hours Xavier indicates that I should get off but being my stubborn self I refuse. So in true Xavier fashion he carries me downstairs into his office. He deposits me on the couch while he goes to his desk to work. After a few minutes I get bored so I decide to annoy him.

"Xavi." I say in the sweetest voice possible.

"Mmh." He replies without looking up from what's he's reading.

"Why do you like calling me by my first name." I've noticed whenever Xavier wants to sound serious he calls me Camilla or Mila and I want to know the reason why.

"Well, I love the name Camilla or Mila and not many people call you that so it's like my own special nickname for you. But what I don't understand is why you hate it." He replies looking up and straight at me.

"Dove is a bird that represents peace and as a bird it could fly away to better places to forget all the problems of that place. Even though everyone at my last lack treated me well and didn't exclude me but I still felt like I didn't belong. It was a constant reminder I wasn't one of them. So the name Dove felt like an escape from reality. But for you I'll make an exception." I say while trying very hard to control my tears.

I've never told anyone that and getting it off my chest felt liberating.

"Don't worry love, you will get your wolf soon." He says while handing me a box of tissues.

Even though Xavier is being super supportive right now. I hate being sorry about myself so I asked him if there is anything I could help him with. So the rest the of the day I helped Xavier organise his papers into neat piles and put them away in files. We only took a break to eat.

~~
It's been three days and I still haven't felt anything remotely close that could indicate my first shift. So by the end of the third day I give up and finally accept that I'm meant to be human forever.

I climb into and sleep on the farthest side away from Xavier. I know I've been ignoring Xavier lately but ever since that day we haven't been intimate again. Even kissing him was a challenge cause he reminded me of what I wanted but couldn't have. I know it isn't his fault but it's hard to accept it.

During the night I started to feel weird like all my body was on fire. I kicked the blanket and turning on the ac to the lowest temperature but I still felt hot.

"Xavier, wake u-up." I try to wake him up. It was a struggle trying to speak since it felt like every muscle, bone and nerve was protesting.

"Dove, what's wrong." He says sleepy.

"Something isn't r-right. It h-hurts." Feeling my body temperature Xavier quickly yanks his hand away and carries me outside.

"You're having your first shift." Xavier tells me while running down the stairs.

First shift? That means I'm getting my wolf. Even though I'm in tremendous amounts of pain but I still feel excited.

Xavier gently lays me down on a grassy patch and guides me through the shift. I scream when I feel my bones breaking and rearranging them to fit my new form.

Suddenly I feel the pain stop and I see paws and claws where my hands and fingers once were.

"How are you feeling?" I hear a voice ask from within my head. Is this how psychosis starts?

"You aren't psychotic. This is called mind link. This is how our wolves can communicate, I thought you would know that." I soon recognise the voice as Xavier as he comes to stand in front of me in his wolf form.

Seeing Xavier's wolf I realise I've met his wolf before when he came to visit our pack and I got lost in the dark.

"I'm glad you remembered me, love. Now how about a run?" I can barely walk straight. How does he expect me to run.

"No need to overthink it, love. Just take one step in front of the other." He makes it sound so simple. So taking his advice into account I try exactly that and I'm surprised how simple it is.

I don't know how much time has passed since we've started playing and chasing each other around. This is soo much fun, no wonder almost every wolf loved doing this back home. Xavier leds me to the river when for the first time I get to see my wolf.

"You're stunning." Xavier says through our mind link. Xavier isn't wrong is my fur is pristine white. So white it resembles freshly fallen snow. My trout, paws and the tip of my tail are the only part that are black. My eyes are caramel coloured, the exact colour of Xavier's eyes in human form.

Right now my life is perfect I've got a caring mate who I love and I've got my greatest wish. What more could I wish for.

Hey loves,

Share your thoughts in the comments and show some love with a star tap! 🌟

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

7.5K 301 20
"Just because you're not my mate, doesn't stop the fact that I want you and will have you." ----- Gemma Clayton gave up on the idea of having a m...
10.1M 349K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
40 2 14
Isabelle is a girl who is looking for a life which will make her happy. She has lived in pain for so long that she just wants a taste of happiness th...
130K 3.4K 39
Many say the mate bond fills the voids in their lives. They say the moment you meet your mate everything falls into place. But sometimes, it's not th...