BEGIN BEFORE THE END | WTM |...

By Rifter29

Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store... More

DISCLAIMER
BEGIN BEFORE THE END
ACT 1
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT 2
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
ACT 3
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

8

7.7K 248 16
By Rifter29

CHAPTER 8
|SEEKER|

The scene opened up with an adult James and Peter walking along the Ministry in tow with Moody, Dumbledore and Shacklebolt. The group were walking around and an Auror walked over to them.

“Anything?” Moody asked him.

“We’re still looking sir.” The Auror said before nodding to the rest of them and walking off.

“How can we be sure it’s her?” James questioned. “I mean all the evidence that we have is purely circumstantial.”

“That’s right.” Cathy nodded.

“Still. Right now, she’s the only lead we have.” Dumbledore said.

“James.” The wizard turned to see a red-head walking over to them accompanied by Marlene McKinnon.

“Lily.” James greeted her.

“Lily-flower!’ James cheered.

“Oh. Lily, Marlene you guys look great.” Dorcas said.

“Thanks.” Marlene said as they watched.

“I heard about what happened to Sirius and Remus.”

“Any chance you managed to turn them back?” Marlene asked.

“No.” Moody said. “Do either of you know where Catherine Potter is?”

Lily and Marlene looked at each other and had a strange look.

“What was that?’ Sirius enquired.

“What? What is it?” James asked.

“We had a call from St. Mungo’s an hour ago.” Lily began. “When we got there, they told us that someone had broken into their medical records.”

“When we checked their sign-in logs everyone was accounted for.” Marlene said. “So, we checked their visitor logs and saw that Cathy was there during the break-in but she didn’t sign out.”

“What was Cathy doing at the hospital?’ James questioned. “Who was she visiting?”

“Walburga Black.” Lily answer surprising James. “And according to the logs she’s been visiting almost every day for over a year.”

“What?” The Black matriarch sputtered out in shock.

Everyone else looked equally confused by the fact that Cathy had interacted with Walburga Black.

“What are you doing with Sirius’ mum?” James questioned.

“Hell if I know.” Cathy shrugged.

“This is starting to look really bad for Cathy.” Peter said. “First Sirius’ brother and now his mum.”

“What the hell is she doing?” James murmured.

“Did you question Mrs. Black?” Kingsley Shacklebolt asked.

“Why am I in St. Mungo’s?” Walburga questioned.

“Maybe you’re dying.” Sirius said in an uncaring tone to which his mother shot him glares.

“We wanted to but there was a problem.” Marlene said.

“Which was?”

“Walburga Black isn’t there.” Lily said.

“Did someone check her out?” Dumbledore asked.

“No.” Marlene said. “The staff at St. Mungo’s still think she’s there.”

“What do you mean?” Moody asked.

“Weird.” Remus murmured.

“They’ve been tending to her room like she’s still there.” Lily said. “We think that Cathy must have bewitched them or tampered with their minds.”

“Any idea on how long they’ve been under her influence?” Professor McGonagall asked.

“Well prior to today the last time Cathy visited was six days ago so maybe them.”

“What records did she steal?” Dumbledore asked. “Do you know?”

Lily took out a note pad and flipped through the it. “She took the medical records for Cygnus, Orion and Druella Black--”

“Sirius’ dad, uncle and aunt.” James notes.

“-Abraxas Malfoy and his wife, Crabbe, Goyle--”

“Deatheaters?” Peter enquired.

“Those aren’t Deatheaters.” Shacklebolt noted. “Those are their parents.”

“What is she doing with their files.” James questioned.

“What on earth could she want with those files?” Bellatrix questioned.

“Let’s asked her.” Dumbledore said.

“First we have to find her.”

“No need. She’s right there.” The headmaster nodded to the incoming Cathy who was walking with a hood over her head keeping her eyes on the ground.

“Uh oh.” Peter said.

Everyone watched as she walked closer when all of a sudden Cathy looked up and saw them watching her. She turned around immediately and mouthed the word ‘Nope’ silently as she took off in a quick pace.

Some people giggled at her reaction.

James and the other walked after her. She turned and saw them walking toward them and she took off in a run. Her hood fell off and her hair flew as she ran through the crowd to escape.

“And she’s off.” Evan Rosier said.

“Cathy!’ James shouted for his sister.

“Stop!’ Moody commanded.

“She’s heading to the floo network!” Kingsley Shacklebolt yelled.

A huge crowd was in front of Cathy and instead of shuffling through, Cathy’s hands glowed red with her Chaos Magic. She threw her hands down and she flew into the air and over the mass of people.

“She can fly?”

That’s so cool.”

Awesome.” People on the hall watched in astonishment and were impressed.

“Neat.” Cathy said.

“That’s your reaction?” Regulus asked.

“Well I can already fly so…” Cathy whispered.

“What the hell?” Peter watched in shock with everyone as they watched Cathy fly over the crowd.

Dumbledore raised his wand and a blue light shot out and hit Cathy knocking her down to the ground. The crowd of people moved aside and made a huge way for the Aurors ran over to her.

“Ooh that had to hurt.” James winced.

More Aurors came over and raised their wands and pointed in at Cathy.

“Catherine Potter you are under arrest for criminal assault, interfering with an investigation, breaking and entering, theft and tampering with the minds of an unknown number of individuals.”

Cathy picked herself up from the ground and dust herself off. “Ow!” She cursed. “That really hurt.”

“Put your hands on your head!’ Shacklebolt ordered. “Put your hands on your head right no--”

Cathy threw a red ball of energy and knock the Auror several feet away.

Cathy laughed a bit at that.

Immediate several Aurors casted spells at Cathy. A shield formed all around Cathy and deflected all the magic away. More spells followed but the shield just kept up.

“Wait! Stop!” James shouted.

Cathy sighed and shook her head. “I would like to just state for the record that what’s about to happen is purely just self-defense.”

“Oh, shits about to go down.” Cathy said.’

As the spells continued to hit her shield, Cathy spread out her arms and pushed her shield outward at an incredible pace which spread out and knocked all the Aurors off their feet and they hit the floor hard.

James and Peter were on the ground coughing and trying to breathe. Dumbledore raised his wand and blasted a blue streak of magic at Cathy.

Cathy caught the attack with her hand and pushed back. A red blast of magic replaced the blue and flew over the air and when it connected with Dumbledore’s wand it burst into red lightening and threw the headmaster away.

“Whoa!”

People were shocked at the sight of Cathy beating Dumbledore so easily.

“That’s impressive.” Lucius Malfoy said.

“Indeed.” Rastaban nodded.

James looked around and saw all the people that Cathy just incapacitated with ease. He looked up at his sister and saw her red eyes glowing and watching him back.

“Why?” James coughed out. “Why are you…doing this?”

“So dramatic.” Cathy rolled her eyes.

“Is she missing the point on purpose or is she just that clueless about things this serious?” Euphemia questioned.

“I know this seems bad but I’ll explain soon.” Cathy promised. Before anything else could happen. The sound of Aurors running made Cathy look up and immediately she flew over to the floo network and the green flames left nothing but smoke and ash.

The black smoke shifted and turned grey. The grey faded in with the shade of a ghost as the scene changed to show Nearly-headless Nick.

“Have you heard? Harry Potter's the new Gryffindor Seeker.” Nearly-Headless Nick told a ghost he was floating with as Harry, Ron and Ryan walked by below him. “I always knew he'd do well.”

“Off to nicer topics.” James said.

“Seeker? But first year never make the house teams.” Ron said in admiration. “You must be the youngest player in—"

“A century, McGonagall says.” Harry interrupted.

“Well done, Hazza.” Ryan congratulated.

“Yes, well done, Harry.” Fred said as he and his twin came up to the three boys as they continued to walk.

“Wood's just told us.” George informed them.

“Fred and George are on the team.” Ron told Ryan and Harry. “Beaters.”

“Our job is to make sure you don't get bloodied up too bad.” George joked.

“Can't make any promises. Rough game, Quidditch.” Fred mocked.

“But no one's died in years. “

“Someone vanishes occasionally.”

Harry, Ron and Ryan turned to the right to exit the corridor they were walking in as Hermione paced up and caught up to them. Fred and George kept to the corridor and separated from the first years.

“But they'll turn up in a month or two.” George shouted.

“Are they trying to scare him into quitting or something?” James asked.

Harry looked scared and anxious and Ryan and Ron caught sight of his expression.

“Go on, Hazza. Quidditch is great.” Ryan told him. “Best game there is, and you'll be great too.”

“I've never played quidditch.” Harry said. “What if I make a fool of myself?”

“You won't make a fool of yourself.” Hermione chipped in. “It's in your blood.”

Harry turned to Ron and Ryan. The two boys looked at each other and shrugged at Harry. The scene shifted time and location because the sky had darkened and the four students were seen walking toward a trophy display. They stopped in front of it and Hermione pointed to one of the trophies.

On the golden metal were engraved the words ‘CHASER. JAMES POTTER’

“Hey my trophy!” James exclaimed.

“Whoa.” Ron exclaimed. “Harry, you never told me your father was a chaser.”

Harry had an expression of happiness and pride. “I didn't know.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 21.6K 107
Maybe if Sirius Black wished for it hard enough, Remus Lupin would be his. If only his family wasn't caught up in an old rivalry resurfacing... (Mara...
319K 8.3K 21
Mᴄᴜ x Hᴘ Sɪʀɪᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇꜱ: ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀꜱꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴇ- completed ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ - writing ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ - x ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀ...
2.3M 79.4K 42
Featured in the official Wattpad @Fanfic Harry Potter Fanfiction reading list! -- When your mind is all you can trust, what happens when your memorie...
207K 4.6K 35
When the second wizarding world war has just finished in 1998 the people of the future travel back to the time of their parents to try and change the...