BEGIN BEFORE THE END | WTM |...

By Rifter29

Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store... More

DISCLAIMER
BEGIN BEFORE THE END
ACT 1
PROLOGUE
1
2
3
4
5
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT 2
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
ACT 3
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

6

9.1K 278 91
By Rifter29

CHAPTER 6
|THE SORTING HAT|

 “Right, then. First years, this way, please!” Hagrid’s voice was heard by all of the first-year students who separated from the other students on the train and made their way over to the half-giant.

As Ryan, Ron and Harry walked over with the other first years, Ryan caught sight of a boy with pale blonde hair. The boy was between two thick boys and was looking about when he turned around to Ryan’s direction. The raven-haired boy grabbed Ron and Harry and pushed them together and huddle behind them.

“What’s up with him?” James questioned.

“Hell if I know.” Sirius shrugged.

“Hey!” Ron said in a startled voice.

“Ryan, what are you doing?” Harry asked.

“Nothing, don’t worry about it, Hazza.” He said peeking over Harry’s shoulder to see that the blonde boy wasn’t looking at his direction anymore.

“Who was that lad he was hiding from?” Hagrid wondered.

“Harry! Ryan.” Neville’s voice made the three boys look to the right to see Neville walking toward them.

“Hey Nev.” Ryan said releasing a confused Ron and Harry. “Any luck finding Trevor?” he asked as they walked towards Hagrid.

“No.” The boy said in a sad tone.

“Sad.” Someone commented.

“Come on, first years, don't be shy. Come on now, hurry up.” Hagrid said as the four boys came up to him. “Hello, Harry, Ryan, Neville.”

“Hi, Hagrid.” Harry greeted.

Ron stared the giant man in awe of his size. “Whoa!”

“Right, then. This way to the boats. Come on now, follow me.”

The next scene showed all the first-year students sat down of boats as it moved towards the castle. The clear stars made the lake shine and the children all stared in awe of Hogwarts as they arrived.

“Wow.”

“Wicked.”

The students walked up several stone stairs and came to a stop before two very large doors. In front of the doors was an older woman in an emerald-green dress, glasses and a stern face.

“Minnie!” James and Sirius cheered making people shush them. Though the transfiguration professor had a small smile on her face.

“Welcome to Hogwarts.” The woman greeted them. “Shortly, you'll pass through these doors and join your classmates. But before you take your seats, you must be sorted into your houses. They are Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. While you're here, your house will be like your family. Your triumphs will earn you points. Any rule-breaking and you will lose points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points wins the house cup.”

Just then the doors of the great hall opened slightly and Harry watched his aunt Cathy slip past as the doors shut behind her. Harry was slightly thrown off by her appearance. So far Harry had only seen his aunt wear pants and t-shirts and other articles of clothing that were normal for casual wear. Tonight, Cathy wore a strapless dark-maroon dress, her hair fell down to her left and wore light makeup. The difference was startling for Harry and the other children who stared at as she approached them.

Someone whistled and several others cheered and catcalled Cathy. Cathy smiled and blushed slightly while several of the girls seemed genuinely impressed at her appearance.

“Oh, you look lovely, Cathy.” Euphemia said. “See why can’t you dress more like that.”

Growing up, Cathy was always more of a tomboy preferring to play outside rather than stay inside. As she grew into her teenage years, she became more feminine but she, much to the annoyance of her mother, seemed to have a strong dislike for dresses or anything she believed to be too girly.

“Ugh.” Cathy rolled her eyes at her mothers’ comment.
Neville was the not thrown off by her. But that was mostly because his attention was on the amphibian in her hands.

“Trevor!” the boy shouted as he walked forward to Cathy.

“Hey.” Remus said. “She found the toad.”

“Sorry, Minerva.” Cathy said as she knelt down to Neville. “He was at the station near a tap.” Neville held out his hands. “Best I hold on to him till after the sorting, Neville.”

“Oh. Okay aunt Cathy.” Neville said.

“That’s her!” a girl whispered. “Catherine Black!”

“It is her!”

“Who?”

“The Scarlet Witch!”

“No way.”

“It is! It is!”

“Did they call her the Scarlet Witch?” Marlene enquired. “What’s that?”

Regulus and Cathy stiffened in shock, not that anyone noticed.

“It’s probably an alias or nickname.” Alice guessed. “You know cause her magic is red.”

Everyone nodded and accepted this explanation without dispute.

Cathy smiled down at the new students. “Hello my little munchkins. Welcome to Hogwarts.”

“If you excuse us. The Sorting Ceremony will begin momentarily.” Minerva and Cathy both turned around and walked back through the doors.

As soon as the two witches left the pale blonde that Ryan was hiding from earlier spoke up. “It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts.”

“Doesn’t that boy look like…”

“Yeah.” People whispered at the sight of the blonde and looked between him and the Malfoy family.

“He’s Lucius’ son than.” Severus stated to which Lucius looked up with pride with his fiancée.

“Harry Potter?” someone whispered.

The boy’s eyes went from Harry and then landed on Ryan.

“Here we go.” Ryan murmured as he rolled his eyes.

“Hello Orion. I thought I’d be seeing you this year. Pity we didn’t meet in the train station.”

“So, they do know each other.” James said.

“Do you know him?” Harry asked.

“He’s my cousin.” Ryan said reluctantly.

“Makes sense.” Sirius nodded.

“He’s related to us?”

“No just me. His mum’s my aunt on my dad’s side.” Ryan explained. “So, you’re spared the fate of being his relative.”

“This is Crabbe and Goyle.” The boy said introducing the two heavy set boys besides him. “And I'm Malfoy. Draco Malfoy.”

“Jesus, they multiplied!” Someone from Gryffindor table shouted making everyone except for the Slytherins laugh.

Ron gave a slight cough, which was just him hiding a snigger. “Think my name's funny, do you? I've no need to ask yours. Red hair and a hand-me-down robe? You must be a Weasley. You'll find out some wizarding families are better than others. You don't want to go making friends with the wrong sort. I can help you there.”

“I don’t like him.” Arthur said glaring at the boy in the screen.

“Arthur--”

“Pity the future is bleak for you family.” Abraxas Malfoy said smugly.

Arthur Weasley tried to get up but Gideon and Fabian held him back.

“Now, now.” Dumbledore clapped his hands. “Let us not quarrel amongst ourselves.”

Draco held out his hand and Harry just gave it a small glance before facing Draco.

“I think I can tell the wrong sort for myself, thanks.” 

“Good answer.” Lily nodded with approval. The other student also agreed with Lily and some clapped at his answer.

“That’s my boy!’ Ryan said throwing his arm around Ron and Harry. “I knew I liked you.”

“Cousin…”

“Sorry Draco, I’m all loaded up with enough friends for the time being.” Ryan smiled.

“This kid is weird but you have to admit, he’s not that bad. Kinda grows on you over time.” Sirius said. The other three marauders nodded in agreement.

Cathy and Minerva came back to the group but the opening of the door so slightly barely made a noise. Draco unaware of them approaching turned red with embarrassment and anger.

“I’d be careful if I were you, Potter,’ he said slowly. ‘Unless you’re a bit politer you’ll go the same way as your parents. They didn’t know what was good for them, either. You hang around with riff-raff like the Weasleys and it’ll rub off on you.”

“What a vile child!” Augusta Longbottom shouted.

“Prick.” James cursed at Draco.

Fleamont and Euphemia looked at anger at what the boy had said.

“Uh oh.” Remus said as Cathy on the screen looked angry at the sound of Draco’s words.

“Oh, this is gonna be good.” Ryan said,

People went silent and Draco gave a smug grin not knowing that Cathy was behind him with a dark expression. Minerva cleared her throat and Draco turned around in shock at the two witches. His eyes landed and stayed with Cathy however.

“Aunt Cathy--” Draco tried to speak.

“It’s Professor Potter to you, Shirley Temple.” Cathy remarked. “Now get back in with the other children before I drag you there by your widows peak.”

A large amount of people laughed and cheered for Cathy. Even several Slytherins laughed without completely understanding the reference to Shirley Temple.

Several people giggled and sniggered at this as Draco, Crabbe and Goyle walked back to the other students. Cathy’s expression shifted beck to a lighter one as she smiled at rest of the students.

“We're ready for you now. Follow us.”

Minerva and Cathy led the students in the great hall as the doors opened wide this time. The students looked around in awe of everything around them. The older students were seated on four huge tables that were laid with glittering golden plates and at the end of the table was a table that sat the teachers of Hogwarts.

“The ceiling isn't real. It's bewitched to look like the night sky.” Hermione said as everyone looked up to see the hundreds of candles that hovered in the night sky. “I read about it in Hogwarts, A History.”

“Will you wait along here, please?” Minerva told the students as she went over bring a stool and placed a dusty old pointed wizard’s hat.

“Now, before we begin...” Cathy spoke. “Professor Dumbledore asked me to say a few words.”

The aging wizard nodded to Cathy as she pulled out a piece of paper, unfolded it to read the instructions.

“Just a few start-of-term notices he wishes for me to announce.” Cathy said as she scanned through the letter. “The first years, please note...that the Dark Forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Unless you get detention with Filch and Hagrid, then we’ll send you in there unprepared and unsupervised.”

“True story.” Cathy said as some of the audience nodded.

“What?” Hermione and the others had their eyes widen with shock.

“Oh yeah.” Cathy continued. “There are giant spiders in there that’ll eat your face clean off! There’s centaurs. You ever been kicked by a centaur? Tell you what kids you ain’t walking back.”

A lot of people laughed and giggled as Cathy looked somewhat proud of her future self. Fleamont laughed at his daughters’ antics while most of the pure-bloods felt that as a Hogwarts professor she should conduct herself more professionally.

The loudest laugh however came from the teachers with Professor Dumbledore and Slughorn laughing and coughing while the other members of staff smiled, giggled and chuckled.

“Tell them about the demons.” Professor Flitwick told her.

“Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. There demons in there. You’ll get possessed, come back to the castle and be all like.” Cathy twisted her face and shut one of her eyes.

While the first years looked scared, the other students laughed and chuckled at Cathy’s whole performance.

“Next,” Cathy took another look at the note, “our caretaker, Mr. Filch, has asked me to remind you that the third-floor corridor is strictly out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death.”

“The third-floor corridor?” Regulus looked confused as did everyone did. “Why is the third-floor corridor off limits?’

“I do not know, Mr. Black.” Dumbledore said. “Perhaps I’m storing some sweets.”

Some people laughed at the joke but most were in a serious mood wishing to know the answer.

While the first years and the other students looked at each other with anxiety and worry, Cathy turned around to see Professor McGonagall giving her several dirty looks.

“What?”

Minerva said stepping past Cathy and Cathy walked to the teachers table and sat down next to Professor Sprout.

“Thank you.” Minerva said unrolling a parchment. “When I call your name, you will come forth. I shall place the Sorting Hat on your head...and you will be sorted into your houses. Hermione Granger.”

“Oh, no. Okay, relax.” Hermione whispered to herself as she walked past the other students on her way to Professor McGonagall.

“Mental, that one, I'm telling you.” Ron murmured to Harry and Ryan.

The Hat was placed on Hermione’s head and the wrinkles and crinkles on the hat formed to make a face. “Ah, right, then. Mm, right. Okay. Gryffindor!”

The Gryffindor table cheered for Hermione.

Hermione looked happy as Gryffindor table clapped and cheered for her. Professor McGonagall took off the hat and she hopped down to join the house of the lion.

“Draco Malfoy.” Professor McGonagall read out next.

Malfoy swaggered forward when his name was called and the hat had barely touched his head when it  screamed, “Slytherin!”

The Malfoys clapped and the Slytherin table cheered for Draco.

“Every wizard who went bad was in Slytherin.” Ron whispered.

“That’s a prejudice view.” Rabastan stated.

“Is it?” James questioned.

“Not everyone in Slytherin is evil.” Regulus said before looking Peter Pettigrew. “Just like not all Gryffindors are brave.”

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Sirius demanded.

“Take it however you want.”

“Hey I resent that.” Ryan said defensively. “Most people on me dads’ side were in Slytherin.”

“Don’t you have relatives in Azkaban prison for mass murder?” Ron questioned.

Ryan stared at Ron silently for a few seconds. “Yeah. What’s your point?” Ryan asked as Harry looked at his cousin incredulously.

Several people from Slytherin laughed as the rest of them and the Black family nodded in approval.

“Susan Bones.”

Harry looked up at the red head who walked over to the sorting hat before looking at his aunt. Cathy watched the redhead closely as she sipped some of her wine. She shifted to her right and began talking to a teacher with greasy black hair, a hooked nose, and sallow skin. It happened very suddenly. The hook-nosed teacher looked past Quirrell’s turban straight into Harry’s eyes and a sharp, hot pain shot across the scar on Harry’s forehead.

“Snivellus.” James called out making Sirius and Peter laugh.

“Who is that?” Euphemia asked.

“That’s Sev.” Cathy said pointing to the boy sitting with the rest of the Slytherin students.

“Why did James call him…Snivels was it?” Fleamont asked.

“Snivellus.” Cathy corrected. “Remember the letters you got last year for James bullying incident last year? Yeah. That’s who he was bullying.”

“Ouch!” Harry clapped a hand to his head “Ah!"

“What was that?” James questioned.

“Harry, what is it?” Ron asked.

“Nothing. Nothing, I'm fine.” Harry said looking at the teacher again who went back to talking to Cathy.

“Let's see...I know! Hufflepuff!”

“Ronald Weasley.” Professor McGonagall announced.

Ron gulped before he went up and sat down on the stool before the sorting hat was placed on his head. “Ha, another Weasley! I know just what to do with you. Gryffindor!”

Molly and Arthur smiled at their future son while Gideon and Fabian cheered for their nephew.

Ron sighed with visible relief before he walked down to join his brothers and the other Gryffindor students.

“Harry Potter.”

As Harry stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissing fires all over the hall.

“Potter, did she say?”

“The Harry Potter?”

The last thing Harry saw before the hat dropped over his eyes was the hall full of people craning to get a good look at him. Next second he was looking at the black inside of the hat. He waited.

“Hm, difficult, very difficult.” The sorting hat murmured. “Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh, yes. And a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?”

“What’s taking so long?” James wondered.

“Not Slytherin, not Slytherin!” Harry whispered to himself over and over again.

“Not Slytherin, eh? Are you sure?” The sorting hat said. “You could be great, you know. It's all here, in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that. No? Well, if you're sure.”

“No way.” James said in worry. Euphemia also looked concerned while Cathy and Fleamont looked unconcerned.

“Please, no.” Harry whispered.

“Better be...Gryffindor!” Harry smiled with relief as he went down to join Ron and the other first years.

“Oh, thank god!” James sighed in relief as the marauders and the rest of Gryffindor cheered for James and Lily’s son.

“Orion Black.” Professor McGonagall read out.

Ryan strolled up as people whispered to themselves again.

“Cathy looks like your son’s up.” Fleamont told his daughter.

“Black?”

“That’s Professor Potter’s son, isn’t it?”

Ryan sat down and the hat was placed on his head.

“Hmm. Tricky, tricky, tricky.” The sorting hat murmured. “Not much fear, plenty of courage, sharp mind…. where should you go?”

Ryan winked to Harry who was watching. He brought his hands close together and small golden-yellow ball of magic glowed in the space between and he moved his fingers in unison as if he were petting something.

“It’s Chaos Magic!” Someone pointed out in excitement.

The pure-bloods were all staring in astonishment. Not only was Cathy a Chaos Castor but somehow, she was also able to pass her ability down to her children.

“I’ll put you into House of…Targaryen!”

“What the hell is that?” Sirius questioned.

“Huh?”

“What did he just say?”

Everyone looked confused and stared at Ryan who was sniggering and laughing silently to himself. Professor McGonagall peeked from the side and saw that Ryan was using a bit of chaos magic in his palms.

The transfiguration professor looked to Cathy who was smiling slightly but quickly wiped off her expression. “Ryan.”

“Sorry.” Ryan smiled and let the chaos magic vanish.

James and Sirius burst out laughing at the incident.

The sorting hat was confused before jumping and lumping Ryan lightly on the head as if to hit him. “Now than, there’s probably no place better for you other than…Gryffindor!”

Everyone at Gryffindor cheered as the eldest son of House Black strolled down to take his seat with Harry, Ron and Neville.

“Yes!” Sirius fist pumped in happiness while Cathy just smiled.

“Your attention, please.” The headmaster spoke. “Let the feast begin.”

At once the empty plates appeared now piled with food. Harry stared in astonishment, he had never seen so many things he liked to eat on one table: roast beef, roast chicken, pork chops and lamb chops, sausages, bacon and steak, boiled potatoes, roast potatoes, fries, Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots, gravy, ketchup, and, for some strange reason, peppermint humbugs.

“Wow.” Ron said in amazement.

“I'm half and half.” A boy said in an Irish accent. “Me dad's a Muggle. Mum's a witch. Bit of a nasty shock for him when he found out.”

Harry looked up to the teachers table and saw that Cathy was still chatting with the raven-haired man.

“Percy,” Harry leaned in to the eldest Weasley, “who's that teacher talking to my aunt?”

“Snivellus.” James chuckled.

Percy looked up and saw what Harry was talking about. “Professor Snape, head of Slytherin house.

“What's he teach?” Harry asked.

“Potions. But he fancies the Dark Arts. He's been after Professor Quirrell's job for years.”

Next the ghosts of the castle came down floating and flying about in the Great Hall.

“Hello! How are you?”

“Welcome to Gryffindor.” The Gryffindor ghost said.

“Sir Nick!” several of the Gryffindors cheered for.

Next a ghost covered in grey-silvery blood floated through the Slytherin table.

“It's the Bloody Baron!” a girl said loudly.

“Hello, Sir Nicholas.” Percy greeted. “Have a nice summer?”

“Dismal. Once again, my request to join the Headless Hunt has been denied.” The ghost complained.

“I know you.” Ron chirped in. “You're Nearly Headless Nick.”

“I prefer Sir Nicholas, if you don't mind.”

“’Nearly" headless?’” Hermione repeated. “How can you be nearly headless?”

Sir Nicholas looked extremely miffed, as if their little chat wasn’t going at all the way he wanted.

“Like this,” he said irritably. He seized his left ear and pulled. His whole head swung off his neck and fell onto his shoulder as if it was on a hinge. Someone had obviously tried to behead him, but not done it properly.

“That never ceases to gross me out.” Dorcas groaned.

Looking pleased at the stunned looks on their faces, Nearly Headless Nick flipped his head back onto his neck,

The scene later shifted to Percy Weasley leading the first year Gryffindor students through the castle. “Gryffindors, follow me, please. Keep up. Thank you.”

“Ravenclaw, follow me. This way.” Another prefects voice was heard echoing in the passageway.

“This is the most direct path to the dormitories.” Percy informed. “Keep an eye on the staircases. They like to change. Keep up, please, and follow me. Quickly now, come on. Come on.”

“That picture's moving.” Ron pointed.

“Look at that one.” Ryan said.

“I think she fancies you.” Harry joked making the three boys laugh loudly.

“Look!”

“Who's that girl?”

“Welcome to Hogwarts.” A man in a painting said.

“Who's that?”

“Password?” Percy stopped in front of the painting of the fat lady.

“Caput Draconis.” Percy said. The door swung open and Percy led them into the Gryffindor common room.

“Wow.” Someone exclaimed.

“Follow me, everyone. Keep up. Quickly, come on. Gather around here. Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. Boys' dormitory is upstairs to the left. Girls, the same on your right. Your belongings have already been brought up.”

The next scenes started out with the boys’ dormitories. The camera went from Ron to Neville to Ryan before it showed the empty bed of Harry. The view moved upwards and showed that Harry was by the window with Hedwig staring out to the lake.

Harry looked back to his room when he heard that Ryan was ruffling his blankets and sat up. “Morning.” Harry whispered.

Ryan opened his mouth but the words that came out were muffled and slurred like there was something in his mouth.

“What’s wrong with him?” Cathy wondered.

Harry looked puzzled. “What?”

Ryan held up a finger and pulled out a blue C-shaped plastic object from his mouth. “I said what are you doing up?”

“I’m excited I guess.” Harry shrugged. His eyes went from Ryan to the object his hand. “What’s that?”

“It’s a night guard, I have bruxism.” Ryan informed his cousin.

“Is that some sort of disease?” James asked.

“What’s that?”

“I grind my teeth in my sleep.” Ryan said. He placed the night guard back in his mouth and said something resembling a goodnight.

“Orion, you have the same affliction as the boy.” Walburga stated.

The head of the Black family nodded. “As did my grandfather. I suppose the condition is hereditary.”

James turned to his best friend. “Sirius…”

“I’ve slept over at your house before. Have you ever seen me grind my teeth?” Sirius said defensively.

“No but I’ve never seen you speak French either.” James replied.

The next scene showed Harry and Ron running into the transfiguration classroom. Everyone else was already at their desks and writing when Ron and Harry came to a stop, huffing and puffing. In front of them was a cat sitting at Professor McGonagall’s desk.

“Made it!” Ron gasped. “Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?”

“Oh no.” Remus said.

The cat sitting down leapt into the air and transformed into their House Teacher who walked towards the pair without missing a beat.

“That was bloody brilliant!” Ron exclaimed.

“Thank you for that assessment.” Professor McGonagall said. “It'd be better if I transfigured Mr. Potter and you into a watch. Then one of you might be on time.”

“We got lost.” Harry said.

“Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats.”

Harry and Ron moved towards the seat next to Ryan and sat down. “Why didn’t you wait for us?”

“I’m not gonna be late on my first day.” Ryan said. “Sorry.”

“Reasonable.” Remus nodded.

“Acceptable.” Cathy agreed.

“How’d you get here so fast anyway?” Ron asked. “You woke up later than we did.”

Ryan didn’t answer but just smiled.

The next scene shifted to their next class. The first years were all sat down at their desks chatting when the doors to the dungeon burst open and made a bang when they contacted the wall before slamming shut loudly as well.

“There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class.” Snape said as he walked to the front of the front of the class and stood there. “As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate...the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making.”

“Well you’re a fun teacher.” James mocked.

“However, for those select few...who possess the predisposition...l can teach you how to bewitch the mind...and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame...brew glory and even put a stopper in death.” Harry was busy scribbling down everything that Snape was saying when the potions professor looked down at him.   “Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts with abilities...so formidable that you feel confident enough...to not pay attention.”

“He was writing down what you said.” James snapped at Severus.

“I have not done anything against your son now have I?” Severus shot back.

“You--”

“James!” Euphemia interrupted her son. “Be quiet!’

James looked surprised but obeyed his mother.

Ryan nudged Harry who looked up to find Snape staring at him with an annoyed look. “Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. What would I get if I added root of asphodel to an infusion of Wormwood?”

Harry looked at the professor with an uncertain look whereas Hermione had her hand shot straight up. A wisp of wind went through Harry’s face and he blinked and looked down. On his notes ‘The Draught of Living Death’ was scribbled in wet ink.

“Who wrote that?” Frank questioned.

“You don't know?” Snape questioned.

“Draught of the Living Death.” Harry answered.

Snape looked surprised but removed the expression immediately. “Let's try again. Where would you look if I asked you to find a bezoar?”

“Why the hell is he targeting Harry?” James questioned.

“I wonder why.” Cathy murmured.

“Um…” Harry eyes looked down slight and found another answer scribbled down. “The stomach of a goat sir?”

“Who’s writing that?” Remus questioned.

 “What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?” Snape asked immediately.

‘Same thing’ was scribbled down next. “They’re the same thing?” Harry enquired.

“Wish I had them during my exams.” Sirius sighed.

“What other name does wolfsbane go by?”

“Aconite.” Harry said after finding the answer on his notes again.

Snape looked annoyed at Harry before he looked up and addressed the class. “Well? Why aren’t you all writing that down?”

There was a sudden rummaging for quills and parchment. Over the noise, Harry looked at his notes and then noticed that Ryan had already finished writing his notes. Looking at his cousins’ book and his own he noticed that the handwriting of his cousin and the answered scribbled on his notes were the same.

“No way!” Peter exclaimed.

“You’re welcome.” Ryan said.

“How?”

“Shh!” Ryan watched as Snape walked over and placed his hands on Ryan’s desk and stared down at the boy. “Professor?”

“I hope you understand that magic and cheating in my class will result in your automatic failure.”

“Uh oh.” Lucius said. “He knows.”

“Got it.” Ryan smiled.

As soon as Snape turned around Ryan laughed silently behind his back. Snape turned around quickly and Ryan cleared his expression. Snape narrowed his eyes at the boy and turned around.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

447K 21.6K 107
Maybe if Sirius Black wished for it hard enough, Remus Lupin would be his. If only his family wasn't caught up in an old rivalry resurfacing... (Mara...
923K 31K 63
"if i mean anything to you i'm sorry, but i've made up my mind." ✧marauders era au✧ ✧uploaded 12/02/17✧ ✧completed 02/06/17✧ best ranking: #3 in fan...
615K 18.1K 74
❝We have each other. That's all we need for now.❞ Ophelia Potter and Regulus Black have been best friends ever since they made a pact to stick togeth...
14.9K 538 52
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...