Battle of The Gods

Von schumivale

read note below :) Team Principal Vs Team Principal Mercedes vs Ferrari Toto Wolff vs Alessandra Ferrari Aft... Mehr

Uno
Uno.1
Due
Due.1
Tre
Quattro
Quattro.1
Cinque
Sei
Sei.1
Sette
Sette.1
Otto
Nove
Nove.1
Dieci
Dieci.1
Undici
Dodici
Dodici.1
Tredici
Quattordici
Quattordici.1
Quindici
Quindici.1
Sedici
Sedici.1
Sedici.2
Diciassette
Diciotto
Diciotto.1
Diciannove
Diciannove.1
Venti
Venti.1
Ventuno
Ventidue
Ventidue.1
Ventitré
Ventiquattro
Viva Las Vegas
Venticinque
Venticinque.1
Ventisei
Ventisette
Ventisette.1
Ventotto
Ventinove
Trenta
Trentuno
Trentadue
Winter Break Special
Trentatre
Trentaquattro
Trentacinque.1
Trentasei
Trentasette
Trentotto
Trentotto.1
Trentanove
Quaranta
Quarantuno
Quarantadue
Quarantatre
Quarantatre.1
Quarantaquattro
Quarantacinque
Quarantasei
Quarantasette

Trentacinque

2K 111 17
Von schumivale

The 2024 season is under way, and for the first time in a long time, different drivers and different teams have won the first three races. After Bahrain and Ferrari's perfect way of opening the season, Jeddah was a difficult race for the Scuderia, being won by Max and having both Mercedes drivers on the podium, and Charles and Lewis closing the top 6. However, Australia was a better race for them, with Charles snatching P2, joining George, who won the race, and Carlos who came in third. Alessandra was with the team under the podium, enjoying their second podium of the season, but she kicked herself as she constantly let her eyes wonder on her arch rival, who was standing on top of the constructors step, and his smug smile whenever their eyes locked. She hated watching him from below, hated how ridiculously hot he looked when his white team button up stuck onto his body and became close to transparent when he got sprayed. She vowed to herself that he will the one standing under the podium next, watching her and her drivers up there.

What the two team principals, who are in their own personal war, don't know is that their change of riff between the two has become noticeable to some drivers and even other team principals. They all remember the harmless banter they threw at each other throughout the whole season, and them chatting whenever they bump into each other at the paddock, or how good they got along when they had paired interviews. But now, the coldness between them, the sharpness in their words to each other during joint interviews, or even when they talk about each other, was becoming noticeable, and many didn't dare, or cared, to question it. Unless they were Alessandra's friends.

The Italian team principal and her drivers were flying to Japan straight after the Australian grand prix, and they were joined on their jet by the reserve drivers, Max, Carlos and Daniel, along with Alexandra, Kelly and Heidi. The Japanese grand prix was in two weeks, but the Ferrari clan were all invited to attend the Japanese E Prix by Matteo, so the whole group decided to have a mini vacation and have more time exploring the country before the next race. However, on their flight there, work didn't stop for Alessandra, especially because she wouldn't be at the factory before the next race, so she was sat alone at one end of the jet, airpods over her ears as she answered emails and read through data. The rest of the group was at the other end of the jet, engaged into their own conversation about what they wanted to do with having more time in Japan, but when Daniel took a glance at the team principal, he decided to ask the question that's been brewing in his mind for a while.

"Look, I know it's not my place, but I have to ask," Daniel started, "what the hell is going on between Alessandra and Toto?"

Charles was taken aback by Daniel's question, fearing that he got a hunch about the two team principal's big secret. The Monegasque quietly cleared his throat, trying to keep a calm composure before jumping into any sort of panic or conclusion. Lewis on the other hand, immediately knew what Daniel was on about, obviously having noticed the way his current and former bosses act around each other, not able to shake the pang of guilt when he knew that he's the reason they've become the way they are now around each other.

"What do you mean?" Charles asked.

"Have you not noticed?" The Australian asked, quirking an eyebrow at him in confusion, "we used to be suffocated with the tension they had whenever they were together, and now, it feels like fucking Antartica."

"Yeah, I noticed too," Carlos joined in, "even the way they speak to each other, it's like they're trying to subtly cut each other with their words."

"Do you know anything about it Mick?" Max asked, "like has she mentioned anything about it?"

"Nope, nothing," The German replied, shrugging his shoulders, "I mean, thinking about it, she was always quick to remark about Toto when I bring him up in a conversation to tease her, but recently, she always brushes him off whenever I do mention him. But that's all I know."

"I may have a good idea as to what's happening," when Lewis jumped in, Charles was quick to snap his head towards his teammate, the fear increasing as he wondered if he also knew what was happening between the two team principals last December, "and it's because of me."

Charles could have let out a loud sigh of relief when he realised that Lewis did not know anything about the secret affair, and he was talking about his move to their team, suddenly remembering what Alessandra had told the Monegasque about the conversation she had with Lewis regarding Toto.

"Why because of you?" Arthur asked, "wait, is it about you joining Ferrari?"

"Did Toto take the move bad?" Max asked, his eyes wide in surprise, leaning back into his chair as he waited for his 2021 rival to continue talk.

"I had told Alessandra that I didn't want Toto to know about the move, let him find out with everyone else, you know, better for optics," the British world champion started, "I then decided to tell him out of curtesy a few hours before the news dropped, and I guess he didn't take it well, because he called Alessandra yelling."

"Wait seriously?" Heidi asked, her face matching her boyfriend's in confusion, "why was he angry at Alessandra?"

"He thinks that Alessandra was the one who came up to me and convinced me to leave Mercedes for Ferrari, and that she did not have the curtesy or respect to talk to him about it, feeling like she did it all behind his back, " Lewis shrugged, "when in reality, I had decided to leave Mercedes, and I was the one who contacted Alessandra for the seat after my departure was announced."

"Stupid moment from Toto, I won't lie," Kelly chuckled, shaking her head, "so if the issue was just that, why are they acting like there's a war against each other?"

"Because Toto has become fixated on this image he created of Alessandra as a villain, suddenly acting all high and mighty and thinking that she is not trustworthy, without letting her explain to him how the Lewis deal actually went down," Charles quickly replied, "and we know how Alessandra is, if someone's acting stubborn with her, she's not going to give them time of day. She only talks to Toto because they're public figures with eyes all over them the moment they step in the paddock, but until Toto comes to her, apologises for the things he said to her and let her explain, she won't talk to him unless she has to."

"Wait what things?" Alexandra asked, eyes wide in concern, "what did Toto tell her?"

"Apparently during the argument he went personal on her," Lewis said, "Alessandra wouldn't tell me what he said, and when I asked her to let me talk to him, she said it's between him and her. That's all I know."

"Fucking hell," Max muttered, glancing at his childhood friend, who was deep into her work to notice the conversation they were having about her, "she's truly stronger than me, because if he went personal with me I would've probably punched him."

"She's stronger than all of us, mate," Charles chuckled as he also glanced at his best friend, "I wanted to give him a piece of my mind but she wouldn't let me."

"This trip will do her good," Mick said, "have her away from anything related to F1 for a while, and enjoy a race as a spectator!"

"And Matteo will be there too," Charles continued, looking at the German, "I know how much she misses Luna, so she'll be happy to chat endlessly about her with him there."

10 hours later, the group landed in Tokyo in the early hours of the morning, all getting into the van that awaited them at the airport and headed to their hotel. Some slept on the plane, others, well mainly Alessandra, did not sleep a wink, so as those who weren't feeling tired discussed how they wanted to spend their morning, the others were just excited to settle into their hotel rooms and sleep.

"Alright," Alessandra mumbled as she made her way near the others after she checked in, feeling the tiredness accumulate her body, "let me know if you guys plan anything for this evening cause I'm going straight to bed."

"You sure you don't want to come with us?" Charles asked, "we're going to play tennis!"

"I need to sleep, I didn't sleep a wink on our way here," she sighed, "but have fun, try not to bring shame to the Ferrari name yeah?"

"We'll try," Lewis chuckled, "sweet dreams Ale, and we'll see you later!" The boss nodded, giving everyone a smile and a quick wave before she and the girls headed to the elevator.

Alessandra let out a loud sigh of relief and content when she spotted the bed after entering her room, quickly opening her luggage and unpacked her stuff, because as much as she wanted to leave the unpacking for another day, she never let herself do so. It was always the first thing she did when staying at a hotel. She took a shower, washing the long travel off her body and quickly slipped into an oversized t-shirt. And the moment her head hit the pillow and cuddled herself in the sheets, her body was quick to engulf her into a deep sleep.

For the majority of the week, the group roamed around the capital city of Japan, exploring places they never had the chance to see whenever they came for race weekends. Alessandra would start her mornings in the gym with the drivers, or with a game of tennis, before going out to explore. Every now and then, they did get noticed by fans, stopping for pictures, which luckily for them, wasn't a very common occurrence. They enjoyed meeting fans, but they didn't like the constant bombarding, which they didn't have during the week, and they were happy for that. The group were even invited to top secret, and the drivers and Alessandra all had the opportunity to drive insane cars in the streets of Tokyo at night, living their real life Tokyo Drift moment. They also spent a couple of nights racing each other at Super Mario themed go-karts, getting dressed like the characters and brought their a game. Alessandra did come out victorious in both of the races they did.

It was Sunday, and the Ferrari clan headed to the streets where the race would be happening. It was always strange for them to enter a paddock as guests, and not as the drivers competing or the team principal overlooking what the team's doing, but it was somewhat refreshing for them, not having to endure the pressure of race day for once.

They scanned their all access pass, curtesy of Maserati, at the entrance of the paddock, being met with a Maserati hostess who was waiting for them. The group listened to her as she explained to them what the Formula E paddock entailed and what they will be doing before the race and during it. They stopped a couple of times when photographers asked for pictures, and then entered the motor home, enjoying some bit of chill time as they sat and had a coffee.

"Alessandra!" The Italian looked up when her name was called, smiling widely when she saw Matteo walking towards her. She stood up, letting the team owner pull her in a hug, "thank you for accepting my invitation for the race!"

"Thank you for inviting all of us," she replied as they pulled away, "I'm surprised you've attended the race here too!"

"It's the only international race I'm attending," he said, "I miss the girls back home so much!"

"I can imagine," she chuckled, glancing at the table, "I know you know Charles and Mick, but let me introduce you to my new driver and reserve!"

"Nice to meet you both," Matteo beamed as he shook Lewis and Arthur's hands, "thank you for coming!"

"Thank you for the invitation," Lewis replied, "this is my first time attending a Formula E race!"

"We're happy to have you with us," Matteo smiled, "have you guys gotten a tour of everything?"

"Just have the garage and pit late left," Alessandra answered, "how about you join us for a coffee? That way you can also show me pictures of my god daughter!" Matteo chuckled, nodding his head as he squeezed himself within the group after ordering a coffee, sat next to the Ferrari team principal as he was quick to whip out his phone and show her endless pictures of the now almost 3 month old Luna.

After enjoying their coffee, and the Ferrari drivers laughing at Alessandra, who couldn't stop gushing at every picture Matteo showed her of her god daughter, they all headed out in the pitlane, having the chance to get a glimpse of all the other teams, and the Ferrari drivers and team principals were stopped a few times by Formula E drivers and team principals, telling Alessandra and Charles how amazed they were by what they managed to do in the prior season, and commented on how excited they were to watch Lewis drive with the Scuderia. They also told Mick how impressed they were with his start in hypercar racing, having driven the car which secured a P2 in Qatar.

Afterwards, they made their inside the Maserati garage. Matteo took over in explaining what everything entails, engaging into discussions as to how different things work in Formula E as to things in Formula 1. And then Matteo introduced them to the Maserati drivers, and they were all quick to share their stories about their best races in their categories, and even laughed about their not so great ones.

"So, that's about it," Matteo said as they stood in the back of the garage, "So, the race will start soon, I'll be watching the race with you guys."

"Isn't the team principal here?" Mick asked, "I think he's the only one we haven't met yet!"

"Oh yeah!" Matteo exclaimed, "I almost forgot about him for a moment, he's been in his office in the motor home for a while which is why we haven't seen of him yet." The Maserati owner leaned closer to the Ferrari team principal as he whispered, "Federica would kill me if I didn't introduce you two."

"She's still on about it?" Alessandra chuckled, raising an eyebrow at him, "I thought having a baby would keep her occupied from trying to set me up!"

"Now you're talking like you don't know Federica," Matteo replied, followed by a playful scoff.

"Eh, just wishful thinking," she grinned, shaking her head, glancing at the boys next to her, who looked at her amusingly, "what's up with you two?"

"Oh nothing," Charles replied, innocently shrugging his shoulders, "just looking forward to meet the team principal!"

"Who's looking forward to meet the team principal?" Everyone's heads shot towards the direction where the British accent came from. Alessandra looked at her drivers from the corner of her eye, fighting the laugh she wanted to let out when she saw Charles turning red in embarrassment whilst the others snickered behind him.

"Oh, just one of my drivers apparently," Alessandra commented, her lips turning into a smile as he quirked an eyebrow, but then flashed a smile at her, "good to see you again, James."

"Likewise, Alessandra," he replied, stretching his hand out between the two, which Alessandra took, exchanging a handshake, "thank you for being with us for this race!"

"Thank you for the invite," she said, "it's a pleasure to be in the Maserati garage!"

"The pleasure's all mine," the two team principals held a strong gaze as they slowly let go of each other's hands, almost forgetting where they were, or that people were around them until Arthur subtly cleared his throat to get their attention, "oh, sorry! It's a huge pleasure to have you all in the garage with us!"

Alessandra stood to the side, her cheeks heating up from slight embarrassment at getting lost in the moment, watching James Rossiter shake each of the driver's hands. She then saw the amused look Charles and Mick sent her, earning the two a quick glare as the introductions concluded.

"James," Matteo started, "I'm about to take the drivers to the grid as the cars get ready, shall I also take Alessandra, or will you be the one to do so?"

Alessandra sent one of the deadliest glare to her friend's fiancé, mouthing a not you too to him, who only shrugged and gave her an innocent grin. She couldn't believe that even Matteo was playing the same game Federica would if she was with them.

"Yes Matteo, take the drivers," James replied, glancing down at Alessandra, "I'll show Miss Ferrari to the grid myself!" Matteo nodded, motioning for the drivers to follow him. Alessandra watched them walk out the garage, but not before they turned around and gave her knowing mischievous looks before they disappeared from her line of vision, which she rolled her eyes at, before glancing up at the Maserati team principal, who had a soft smile on his face, "shall we?" After the Italian nodded at him, the two walked side by side out the Maserati garage, greeted by the chaos of grid preparations which Alessandra was so accustomed to, but also felt different than that of her sport.

"So, last time we met, I was racing in World Endurance, and you were Ferrari's chief engineer," James started as they walked down the pit lane, hands in the pockets of his pants as he glanced down at Alessandra, "and now, both of us became team principal, and you a very successful one may I say, winning both world championships!"

"A lot happens in almost two years," she chuckled as she glanced up at him, her blue eyes meeting his hazel eyes once more, "you drove well that year, a shame you retired from racing. But you're doing a stellar job with Maserati!"

"We both do almost the same things," he said, "surprised we never bumped into each other in the last two years."

"Well, that's because our sports may be similar, but they're also very different," she shrugged, "you should've attended one of our races, it was a very competitive season!"

"Oh I know, I kept a close eye on it every chance I got," he nodded, "and I regret not coming to a race, so I'm attending a couple this year for sure."

"Good to hear that," she grinned, "I'm sure we can arrange something if you have ideas of which grand prix you would like to attend!"

"I'm glad to her you say that, because I already have an idea of which grand prix I'd like to attend," he replied, giving her a subtle smirk, "we can discuss it after the race, what do you say?"

"I'd like that," she answered, her mouth turning into a wide grid as they arrived at the grid.

Back in Monaco, Toto was sat in his living room, having woken up early for no reason whatsoever, which he was annoyed at, wanting to get some good sleep as much as he could before heading to the other side of the world for the Japanese grand prix in a few days. He was scrolling through his phone, and he realised that the Japanese E prix was about to start, so since he couldn't go back to sleep, and Jack was still fast asleep in his room, he decided to tune in and watch the race, since he had nothing better to do.

He quickly regretted it when the person who appeared on the screen after switching his television on was the woman he tried not to think about, at least when he was away from the track. A low growl slipped his lips as the camera focused on her, and he let his eyes shamelessly wander over her and admire the sight he loathed. She was dressed smartly, a white button up blouse tucked in a pair of dark navy pants, with a brown leather belt. She had a long dark blue trench coat on, and when a light gush of wind hit her, the coat opened slightly, revealing the inside of the coat, which was Ferrari red.

She looked absolutely beautiful, he couldn't deny it, and for a second, he wondered what she was doing at a Formula E race. But his question was quickly answered when he saw Matteo next to her, along with her main drivers and reserve drivers standing behind her. She and her drivers were invited to the race by Maserati as their guests.

The Austrian was joined by his other enemy, the green eyed monster created by his sheer jealousy, when he saw Alessandra lean to the other side, where the Maserati team principal stood. His jaw was clenched as he watched the two team principals were shown chatting, and looking at each other as they shared a laugh.

"So, jumping from one team principal to the other," Toto muttered as he kept staring at the screen, even though the camera man had stopped showing Alessandra and James, but it was like he kept seeing them. He wanted to switch off the television, but a twisted part of him stayed watching, wanting to let himself feel the pain of what he let slip through his fingers whenever Alessandra appeared on television.

And so, the Mercedes team principal did indeed watch the whole race, which he couldn't lie, enjoyed the racing and battles that were happening. But as much as he tried to focus on the track action, it was difficult when once every so often the camera man decided to film the Ferrari clan, focusing on Alessandra, who was so focused on the race, celebrating overtakes that the Maserati drivers did. As much as he didn't want to see her, he couldn't help but enjoy watching how passionate she was watching the race. He never got to see her that way, not even when he glances at the top of his screen during races which shows the live broadcast and gets a glimpse of Alessandra. And he wondered, how it would be to see Alessandra as a spectator of the race if they ever attended a race together.

Alessandra and her drivers were cheering loudly when Maximilian Guenther crossed the finish line to take the win, taking in the atmosphere of the blue garage as everyone started celebrating with cheers and hugs. It reminded her of the atmosphere in her garage whenever her drivers take a win, it was strange for her to be somewhat on the sidelines for it, but she enjoyed it nonetheless.

"That was quite a good race," Lewis commented to the group, sat down in the Maserati motor home after having watched the podium ceremony, "Maserati's got a good line up, and Guenther's a very solid driver."

"I agree," Arthur nodded, sipping on his water, "he could very much be a championship contender this season."

"The competition looks close here too," Charles joined in, "that's good for motorsport, having many battles throughout the various categories!"

The group kept on talking about which racing categories they wanted to keep a close eye on outside of Formula 1, and Alessandra was telling them about what was happening in Motogp, she stopped speaking when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up, and a smile quickly formed on her lips when her eyes met with those of the team principal of the team that finished the race on top.

"Oh hi," Alessandra greeted him, "well done on that win!"

"Thank you Alessandra," he replied, returning the smile before giving a quick glance to the rest of the group, who had amused looks on their faces, "hope you all enjoyed the race today!"

"We did," Mick said, not even fighting the goofy grin that splattered over his mouth as he glanced at the hand that was still on his boss's shoulder, "the battles were very fun to watch!"

"We genuinely think that you guys have a shot at winning the championship this season," Lewis joined in, "you guys are looking like the perfect package!"

"I'm very glad to hear that," James chuckled, "now, would you guys mind if I stole your team principal for a moment?"

"Oh not at all," Charles beamed, which earned him a questioning glare from his boss, "she's all yours!"

"Thank you Charles," the Brit replied, slightly confused at the enthusiam but ignored it, glancing down at the woman sat at the head of the table once more, "would you like to follow me?"

Alessandra nodded, getting up from the chair and followed James through the motor home as they made their way upstairs. The two entered his office, and Alessandra sat down on the chair in front of his desk after he motioned to it with his hand, then proceeded to take a seat in his own chair behind the desk.

"So," James started, "we planned on discussing a grand prix I could potentially attend this year."

"Yes we did," she nodded, taking out her phone and opening the season calendar, "what did you have in mind?"

"I was going to ask you that," he chuckled, "which race do you, as Ferrari's team principal who's taken her team to win the world championships, recommend for me?"

"Well," she said, leaning closer to the desk as she pressed on a particular date on the calendar, "I may be sounding bias, but I do think that if you're attending as a Ferrari guest, I do recommend one of the two Italian grand prix."

"I would be attending as a Ferrari guest?" James asked, quirking an eyebrow at her in amusement, which earned him a small smirk from the Italian.

"Of course," she grinned, "we would love to have you with us!"

"Okay then," he said, "let me pull up my calendar to see which Italian grand prix I can attend."

After the two bosses discussed the race, and talked a bit more, Alessandra left his office, with James behind her as they made their way back to the hospitality area, which became remotely empty apart from the Ferrari drivers chatting with the Maserati drivers and Matteo.

"Ale, perfect timing!" Matteo exclaimed when she reached the table, giving him a confused look, "Federica messaged me. She wants me to call so she can say hi to you cause she and Luna just woke up!" Alessandra nodded frantically as she quickly stood next to Matteo as he called his fiance, and James watched as her face lit up, a wide smile making its way on her face when Federica answered, and he couldn't help the smile making its way on his.

"ALESSANDRA!" Federica practically shouted when she saw her friend on her screen, "an oh, is that James behind her?"

"Federica, I love you but show me my god daughter!" Alessandra quickly said as she knew what her friend was hinting at, especially when she saw the mischievous smirk on her lips, "I cannot wait to get back home and spend time with her!"

"Luna misses her god mother so much," Alessandra cooed when she saw her god daughter on the screen, "so, Ale, I see you've met James, yes?"

"Yes, Fede, I've met James," she chuckled, turning her head slightly, glancing at the Brit standing next to her for a moment before turning back to the screen, "kind of hard not to when we spent the race in the team's garage."

"Oh I know," she replied, rolling her eyes, "I did wake up to watch the race, and saw you two on my TV!"

"Hope you enjoyed the win," James chuckled behind her, "I wish I could stay and talk more Fede, but I've got a couple of things I need to finish up before I leave here."

"Don't worry about it," Federica smiled, "well done for today, and have fun for me, yeah?"

"Will do," he grinned, giving her a wave before turning to the drivers sat down, "it was a huge pleasure having you with us, and I wish you the best of luck for the race next week!"

"Thanks James," Charles replied, "and thanks for the invite and the hospitality, we wish you guys mega success for the rest of the season!"

"Thank you for coming as well," James said to Alessandra when he looked at her, "and I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah," she nodded, a small smile playing on her lips as she glanced up at him, "I'll see you tomorrow." Alessandra felt his hand giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze before he made his way back upstairs.

"Alessandra Enzo Ferrari," Federica slowly said, and the Ferrari team principal rolled her eyes when she heard her friend's tone, "what do you mean you're seeing James tomorrow?"

"Yes Alessandra," Mick butted in, an amused look on his face, which matched the other drivers' faces, "what are you and James doing tomorrow?"

"You lot are annoying," Alessandra huffed, shaking her head, "we're just going out to dinner to discuss which race he could potentially attend."

"Sure, sure," Charles said, quirking an eyebrow up at her, "just to plan for a race."

"Like I said, annoying," she chuckled, "come on, let's head back to our hotel. I don't know about you, but I'm starving!"

"You and me both," Arthur said, quickly getting up on his feet. Alessandra said her goodbyes to Federica on the phone, and then her and the group hugged Matteo goodbye and thanked him for the invite once more before they walked down the paddock and jumped in the van that was waiting for them to take them back.

ººº

Thursday rolled in, and it was time for media day at Suzuka to start off the Japanese Grand Prix weekend. And the Team principals were starting off their morning with a meeting with Stefano Domenicali and the Race Director. It was a beautiful day out, blue skies hovering over the track, and a nice cool breeze surrounding them, which is why Alessandra, her drivers, Max, Carlos and Daniel decided to enjoy some coffee outside the Ferrari motor home.

"Weather forecast predicts that no rain will be surprising us during the race weekend," Mick said after glancing at his phone, "but I think it's going to be a little windy."

"Wind I can handle," Charles said, "there better not be any surprise downpour, though. It's literally why we moved the race to April!"

"Is that what the meeting's about?" Max asked, glancing at Alessandra who looked up at him after finishing typing an email, "what to do if torrential rain starts pouring down even in April?"

"Most probably," the Italian shrugged, "probably go over the new regulations with the racing director, and make sure everything's in black and white."

Toto arrived at the paddock later than he usually does, as he had to take a couple of video meetings with the team back in Brackley first thing in the morning from his hotel room. He glanced at his phone to check the time after scanning his pass, seeing that he had a bit of time before the meeting.

His was fast to spot the group of drivers outside the Ferrari motor home, hard to miss, especially because they talk so loudly. His eyes however, fell on the team principal sat in the middle of them, her blue eyes big and bright, shining under the sun as she laughed with her friends. He enjoyed the sight of her looking content, well at least he used to, because his mind is always quick to remind him of what she did to him.

"So, a little French birdie told me that you went out to dinner with Rossiter last Monday?" Toto stopped dead at his tracks when he heard what Daniel asked Alessandra, almost dropping his phone in surprise and sheer shock.

He discreetly looked at the group once more, and he watched Alessandra turn to glare at her driver, who gave her a sheepish smile before rolling his eyes at Daniel.

"You know, if you're going to expose me at least get it right," Charles scoffed, "calling me a French birdie when I am not French!"

"Right now, no one cares if you're French, Monegasque or even a person Charles," Max shot, as the focus was on Alessandra, "so, did you actually go out with him?"

"What's the big deal?" She chuckled, shaking her head, "we just went out to eat to talk about which race he wants to come watch!"

"So he stayed an extra night in Japan to have dinner just so he could tell you which race he wants to attend," the Austrian watched the way Alessandra looked at Mick in confusion, which got him confused, "did you not see Matteo's story? The whole team left Monday morning, James is the only one who stayed an extra night in Japan."

"Come on Ale," Arthur practically whined, "tell us how the date went!"

"It was not a date, quiet down before someone in the media hears you and have rumours about my personal life," she hissed, her eyes roaming around to see that there were no journalist close by. But she did spot her rival team principal, who's eyes widened when he realised that he got caught listening, and his heart started beating hard in his chest when he saw the smirk that made its way on his lips, "all I'm going to say is that he's very nice and handsome, and we had a great time."

Alessandra looked at Toto, who could barely move from his spot as he felt his body become accumulated with jealousy as his mind no longer reminded him that he hated her, but created horrible images of her and the Maserati team principal intimately close together, sending a smug wink his way, which almost made him go insane, before continue speaking, but still maintaining the eye contact, "if you guys want the details, you can come over to my room and I'll tell you everything. But not here, I don't want anyone who doesn't deserve get a wiff of what's happening in my personal life."

Toto forced himself to walk down the paddock towards his team's motor home when he felt the jealousy start to take over and getting mixed along with anger and rage. He stormed to his office, locking himself in as he tried to control his emotions with some breathing exercises. He leaned against the wall as he tried to focus on his breathing, whilst trying to understand why he was feeling jealous. He didn't want Alessandra in his life after what she did, he hated her, so he had no reason to feel jealous because she was talking about another guy.

But deep down, he knew that he was lying to himself, and all he wanted was to have Alessandra back in his arms, feel every inch of her skin and kiss her full, plump lips like it was his last day on earth. He didn't want to see her with another guy, he knew that she belonged with him, and he knew that in the situation between them, he was in the wrong, not her. But his pride is too big, and it's squishing his actual feelings deep within him that he forgets them, which is why he just keeps on going back to hate her.

After finally getting the drivers' off her back about her dinner with James, and slightly proud of herself for managing to make Toto angry as he overheard her conversation – even though she could not understand why he was angry at her when he was the one who caused the big riff between the two – Alessandra filled up her red travel mug with the team's logo engraved over with coffee, said her goodbyes to her drivers and Chiara and made her way to the FIA offices.

She took a seat between James Vowles and Fred Vasseur, who were quick to greet her good morning. Whilst she talked with the Williams and Alfa team principal, from the corner of her eye she saw Toto walking in the room, taking a seat right across from hers. She let out a silent sigh as she remembered the meeting they had in Japan the year before, and how his words of encouragement before the meeting gave her an extra push to get her point across. She was thankful for him and his help that day, but right now, as much as she wished that they were in that same situation, she would be grateful if he was not sat in front of her.

Toto could barely concentrate on what the race director was saying, pretending to take some notes on his notebook, but what he really did was glance at Alessandra every couple of moments, like a magnetic force forcing him to look up at her. He watched her, so concentrated as she constantly wrote in her note pad, then looking up at the person speaking as she listened carefully. He took in her appearance, her bright red team sweater tucked into a pair of black pants, the quarter zip stopping right at the start of the swell of her breast, getting a peak of them every time she leaned down to write.

What Toto didn't know was that Alessandra was keeping up a concentrating facade, when in reality, she was not listening to a single word that was being said. She was writing in her notebook as a distraction to try and stop herself from looking at the man in front of her, ignoring her mind as it constantly told her that he looked handsome in his black team sweater over the white button up, and how his hair fell slightly over his forehead which made him look softer. Her eyes constantly fell on his hands, the way his fingers rolled the pen so effortlessly, her body almost crying out in agony as she missed his touch on her skin. She couldn't look away, no matter how much she tried, and couldn't help herself as she stole glances of him every now and then.

"So, that concludes our discussion regarding this weekend's race, but I do have one more item on the agenda, which you lot might find fun," Alessandra looked up at Stefano as he spoke, wondering what he has in mind, and she quirked an eyebrow when the Formula 1 CEO gave her an amused look, "we were thinking about doing a fun race between the big bosses, you know, give the people a battle on track from you guys."

"But not many of us race," Fred shrugged, "what would we do then?"

"Maybe we can have different categories that those who don't drive can compete in," Alessandra suggested, "I don't know, a short running race on the main straight, or even trying to race each other on the sim, and those of us who actually raced on track, can drive the cars!"

"That's actually a very good idea!" Stefano beamed, smiling widely at Alessandra, "okay, so I'll keep these ideas in mind, and if you guys talk together and maybe come up with other ways to compete against each other send the ideas my way. Now, who would like to race?"

Alessandra and Toto were the only two team principals to raise their hands, and they looked at each other when they did. They could already feel the adrenaline rush as they thought about being the ones on track, racing against each other, feeling the competitiveness brew between them.

"Okay, so since it's just the two of you who raised their hands," Stefano said, "even though, I'm surprised Horner didn't raise his hand since he raced as well."

"I hung up my helmet many years ago," Christian chuckled, "and it's going to stay that way."

"Would you want to do a race just the two of you?" Stefano asked, looking between the two team principals,

"I don't have a problem with it," Alessandra replied, shrugging her shoulders, "but check with Toto, he could have a problem."

"Well I'll have you know I don't have a problem with it either," he shot back, his eyes discreetly glaring down at her as she gave him a sly smile, "what track are we thinking off?"

"Still haven't decided yet, but all we know is that it will not be in any of your or your team's home grand prix's, meaning Imola, Monza, Silverstone and Austria, to avoid any type of bias bullshit," Stefano explained, "and in the second half of the season, so you two would have time to train for the race. Do you have a track in mind?"

"Zandvoort," Alessandra and Toto looked at each other, eyes wide in shock as they said the same name, at the same time, without any hesitation. The other team principals looked at the two of them, confused and amused looks on their faces when they saw their shocked ones.

"And why do you guys want to race in Zandvoort?" Christian asked, quirking an eyebrow at the two of them.

"The old school element with the banking," she grinned, "it's a fun layout, and like I mentioned, the bankings."

"But what cars would they drive?" Fred asked, "I'm sure that they would have to be at least from the same year."

"It would be cool to see a race with cars from the late 90s or early 2000s," Franz jumped in, "But Mercedes stopped racing in F1 for 55 years before returning in 2010."

"These things will be discussed and decided, soon," Stefano chuckled, enjoying the enthusiam from everyone, even those who won't race, "but glad to know that you lot will be on board, and we'll have this competition in Zandvoort. That's it for today, good luck this weekend!"

Everyone muttered a thank you to Stefano as the team principals stood up from their chairs and started piling out the office, and once again Alessandra was in the middle of James and Fred, talking about which cars would be cool to see racing in Zandvoort. Alessandra stopped walking for a moment to check her phone, and when the two team principals stopped to look, she told them that she'll catch up with them, which they nodded to and left the building. She replied to the text her brother sent her, and as she was about to continue walking, she felt a hand wrap around her wrist, pulling her to the side.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Alessandra hissed when her eyes were met with those of the Austrian, who looked down at her with a hard glare, "are you trying to have some dejavu moment?"

"You know, you won't win anything even if you try to have other team principals behind you, like James Vowles," Toto shot, his voice low and deep as he spoke, "oh no, it's James Rossiter, I cannot keep up with your team principals."

"Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound right now?" She asked, a sarcastic laugh leaving her lips as she shook her head, "why do you care about James Rossiter? First you eavesdrop on my conversation, and now you're making comments?" She took a step towards him, an amused and sinister look on her face as she looked up at him, "sounds like someone's jealous."

"And now you're the one sounding pathetic, thinking I'm jealous," he scoffed, rolling his eyes, even though he wouldn't admit that he's lying straight to his teeth and the thought of James Rossiter with Alessandra eating him alive, "to me it looks like that you're trying to get my attention by showing up on my screen during the FE race, cosying up with Rossiter and trying to look like a couple in the pictures taken. Failed attempt, sorry to say."

"Cute that you think that I spared a single thought for you whilst I was at the race," she said, a smirk on her lips, "My company was too good to be bother to think about you." She sent him a wink as she pulled her hand out from his grasp, turning around and leaving him with his jaw slammed to the floor as she walked away.

Alessandra made her way back to the motor home, finding her drivers sat where she left them. She asked Charles to come up with her to her office, telling him that she wanted to discuss an idea that Chiara gave her about a potential sponsor video before she tells Mia, not wanting to tell him in front of the others that she wanted to discuss the relationship he knew of. Charles nodded, and the two excused everyone when he stood up and made their way inside.

"So I know for a fact that you don't want to talk about sponsor videos," Charles said the moment Alessandra locked her office door, watching as she let out a chuckle when she realised once again how well he knew her, "did something happen with Toto during the meeting?"

"It's funny honestly," she said as she sat down on the sofa, "the guy actually thinks that I was with James during the FE race, and appearing on television with him to make him jealous!"

"Wait are you serious?" Charles asked, his face amused as he watched his boss nod, "so he watched the race, saw you with James, and the first thing that came into his mind is you're doing it to make him jealous? What an egoistic jealous prick!"

"I did say that he sounded jealous, that's when he said that I was the one trying to get his attention from the other side of the world," she replied, "it's actually absolutely hilarious that he thought that I was thinking about him."

"And what did you tell him after you listened to this ridiculous scenario?" He asked, trying to stop laughing, which he couldn't because he found the situation so amusing.

"I told him that I had too good of a company to be bother thinking about him," she said with a proud smirk on her face, "and then just left him standing there."

"As you should," Charles grinned, leaning back in the sofa, "but man, he truly needs to get his head out of his ass and apologise."

"I won't be chasing for no apology," she shrugged, "if he wants to keep on sounding like an ass, let him. Not my fucking problem."

"Yeah, but you shouldn't have to endure it," Alessandra watched at how Charles's amused face changed into concern, which confused Alessandra, "I know you haven't said anything, but I know you well enough to know when you dive into work because it really needs to be done, or when you need a distraction. And it looks like you've been needing a distraction quite a few times."

"What's your point, Charles?" She asked, suddenly feeling slightly irritated at her driver as he slowly pushed with his words, even though she knew very well that he meant well.

"I'm asking because I care about you and want you to be happy," he said, reaching for her hands, "do you miss Toto?"

Alessandra thought that she could reply with a quick no, because that's what she thought, she didn't miss Toto, but when she tried, she couldn't get herself to say no. She turned away, avoiding Charles's eyes because to her, it almost felt shameful for her to admit that even after all he said to her, she missed him.

"Look, it doesn't matter if I miss him or not unless he decides to man up and apologise," she shrugged, "all that matters is that I do not let it effect me and my work, which is why I'm head deep in work when he occupies my mind."

"You're right," he nodded, giving her a soft smile, "plus you've got Rossiter now, which reminds me, you didn't tell me how the date went!"

"I don't have Rossiter," she exclaimed, rolling her eyes, "and I didn't say shit about my date because it wasn't a date!"

"Okay, okay!" He said, raising his hands up in defence, letting out small chuckles, "I'm just saying, don't let what happened with Toto push James away if you think there could be something. Give him a chance."

"Alright, thanks for the relationship advice," she chuckled, patting his hand before getting off the sofa, "now come on, we've got media day to get through, and a though race weekend to focus on!" Charles nodded, also standing up, and he wrapped an arm around her shoulder, giving her a gentle squeeze to his side before they walked back out.

Alessandra was glad to not have Toto's cold glare down her back during the press conference, which she was joined by James Vowles and her former colleague Laurent Mekies. And when she had interviews with other media outlets in one side of the paddock, he was on the other side. For once, she had peace on media day, even though a part of her missed having him mess with her a bit.

She was being prepared for her last interview of the day, which was not like the ones she had during the day. She was filming a segment with Sky Sports Italia, a segment dedicated to Jules and how important Charles's win in Japan was. Alessandra had prepared for this segment with Charles, who was standing a couple of feet behind the cameras, wanting to watch his boss, and friend, talk about an important person in both of their lives.

"Did we miss anything?" Lewis whispered to Charles when him, Arthur and Mick arrived next to him after jogging out of the motor home.

"No, they're putting the mic on her," Charles replied, "she's starting any minute."

"You didn't show me which pictures and videos you gave Sky for the segment." Arthur said, "are there any of me with Jules?"

"You'll just have to see, Tutor," Charles simply replied, giving his younger brother a shrug of his shoulders, not wanting to spoil the small surprise his boss did for him.

The four Ferrari drivers heard the Sky producer say that they are ready to start, and Alessandra couldn't help the chuckle that slipped from her lips when she spotted her drivers all giving her thumbs up and mouthing good luck. She quickly blew them a kiss before turning her attention to Mara.

"Last time we were here, Ale, Charles won the race," she started, "winning a race is always amazing, but having won a race here, the same place where everything changed within the motorsport world, and for both you and Charles, I cannot imagine how difficult it is for you. But I remember what you and Charles always told me every year since you both started working and racing in Suzuka, that you're doing it for him. And that's what we're calling this segment, doing it for Jules."

Toto had finished his media duties a while ago and just finished a few calls in his office. He was done for the day, and had no reason to stay at the track, so he packed his bag and made his way downstairs. As he walked out on the small patio of his team's motor home, he saw the two Red Bull drivers and Daniel run down the paddock, and as his eyes followed them, he saw them stopping next to where a small crowd started to gather in front of the Ferrari motor home. His curiosity got the best of him, and he made his way to the crowd.

He wanted to roll his eyes when he saw Alessandra sat down on a red single seater across from Mara, thinking how she always manages to get so much attention on her. He discreetly shook his head to himself and was about to walk away, but stopped when he heard the question Mara asked.

"What do you miss most about Jules?" His eyes fell on Alessandra's face, and saw the way her eyes glistened as tears cascaded them whilst giving them a sad smile.

"Everything," Alessandra replied, "Jules had this positive aura about him which instantly makes you feel safe and seen. I will never forget how when I was racing in karts against some of the drivers that are on the grid, and Jules came up to me, a smile so bright not even the sun could compete with it. He was not shocked that I was a girl who managed to beat all the guys, like everyone else, but he treated me like the rest, and told me how impressed he was with my driving, and even gave me tips on which traction I should take to improve and checked on my kart to make sure it was tuned perfectly. He was so smart when it came to karts."

"And it was because of Jules that you and Charles met, right?" Mara asked.

"Yes, Jules introduced us during a karting race in Monaco, and my dad attended with me because he was actually eyeing Jules to sign to the academy," Alessandra said, "we had four races, and Charles and I won two each, and those we didn't win, we finished second, it was tight between the two of us. He took the two of us for ice-cream and we spent the whole day near the beach discussing the race, and Charles and I instantly clicked, but unfortunately, I had to go back to Italy and had different races to compete in. So I never knew if I'd see Charles again."

Alessandra then looked up, spotting her driver in the crowd that formed behind the camera, giving him a wide smile, which he quickly returned, "and one day, I went to the factory with my dad, and sat outside the building was none other than Charles Leclerc, and I went next to him. He told me that Jules was going to be part of the Ferrari family, which he was excited about, but was sad that he couldn't go in, and Jules had told him that one day it would be him entering the same building."

"And years later, Charles finally entered the Ferrari premises, and became their new world champion," Mara said, "if Jules was still around, what would you say to him, after the year you and Charles had together?"

"I would thank him for introducing me to Charles, who I know have a lifelong friend within him, and an amazing driver who I'm so lucky to have part of my team," she started, "and for every single piece of advice he gave me ever since I was a kid, which I carried with me through every point of my life until now. His friendship, his kindness, the way he cared for his loved ones, I'd thank him for being the person he was, and hope that he's racing wherever he is, and is looking down at us proudly."

"So, I can only imagine the emotions that pass through you whenever you return to Suzuka," Alessandra nodded, "you were at the race, ten years ago, when the horrible accident happened?"

"Yes. The Japanese Grand Prix was a race my dad and I rarely missed, and I was in the very back in the garage hidden. hose who didn't know me, had no idea I'd be at races, because I hated nothing more than having a camera on me, I just wanted to watch a race, analyse the data and learn from it," she replied, "I was with Charles, who also came to the race. We were 17 and 18, and we couldn't comprehend what had just happened to our beloved Jules. I had been going to races ever since I was a baby, and never have I witnessed a crash so bad, and when it's someone important in your life, the feeling of fear and dread is even worse."

"The images of that day are permanently embedded in my mind, and it is something I have to live with," Alessandra looked up once more, and this time, her eyes fell on the Mercedes team principal, who's tall physique was easily visible in the midst of the crowd that got bigger, and her mind reminded her of the way he held her when she was overwhelmed by the memories of losing Jules, "it does feel overwhelming, but we know the risks with racing, and we have to push through the emotions, and just pray that our drivers come back to us." Her eyes were locked with Toto's, and for a moment, she saw his eyes softening at her words, and if no one was around them, she would have ran into his arms, because in the midst of the horrible memories, he comforted her in ways no one else did. But she stayed sat where she was, and from the corner of her eyes, she watched him walk away.

ººº
Alessandra was pleased to see the team doing well during the sessions and qualifying on Friday and Saturday, seeing that they had the edge over Red Bull and Mercedes, which gave their confidence an extra push of confidence for the race, but they knew they couldn't get too cocky, because Red Bull and Mercedes was close behind.

Amidst the full focus she had on the team, the Ferrari boss had a tinging feeling, warning her that something was not right. And that tinging feeling got stronger when her father arrived at the track, to watch the race he attended yearly. She noticed that there was something different about her father, but she couldn't pinpoint what it was, and shamefully, she didn't have time to further analyse him because she needed to make sure everything was set and ready for the race. She managed to have a quick chat with him after she came back in the garage, finding it strange that her father asked for a chair, when she knew that he couldn't sit still during races, but she had no time to think about it, as her and her reserve drivers turned their focus to the screens as the formation lap started.

Alessandra was once again celebrating the second consecutive victory for Charles in Japan, and Lewis closed the podium in P3, whilst George finished in P2. She was on the podium with her drivers, soaking in the win, the sound of her crew singing the Italian national anthem, the champagne through her teamwear, and her discreet smugness every time she looked down at her arch rival, who was under the podium. But when she stepped off the podium, and glanced at her father, her mind was telling her that something wasn't right, and that worry and uncertainty was overpowering the current happiness she was feeling, and she didn't know why she was feeling that way. 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

82.3K 2.1K 16
Cassie slapped the back of Lewis' head hard enough to make him groan. "What the--" Cassie took in a deep breath. "Oh, did I hurt you? I am really not...
666K 13.3K 82
Mia Ricciardo, the younger sister of f1 all-star Daniel Ricciardo, secured a surprise job managing the f1 YouTube channel, when her own videos began...
42.6K 1K 36
"I am sick of everyone just expecting me to be fine because I have a better life, but money doesn't erase the trauma and abuse," I say mad. "Why can'...