Ice Heart / Dazai Osamu X Rea...

By Fanficwriter01

Third BSD fanfiction. Dazai X Recarnated Reader (2023-24) Mature rated. The main protagonist faces hardships... More

Introduction
Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2: The Slums
Chapter 4 The Informant
Chapter 5 The Contract Part 1 (un-edited)
Chapter 6 The Contract Part 2
Chapter 7: The Drug Dealer (un-edit)
Chapter 8 Dance (un-edit)
Chapter 9 Sixteenth ARC
Chapter 10 The Funeral (un-edit)
๐ŸŽถ Sound Track ๐ŸŽถ
Chapter 11 The Station (un-edit)
Chapter 12 The Lab (un-edit)
Chapter 13 Dragon (un-edit)
Chapter 14: The Spy (un-edit)
Chapter 15: Oda (un-edit)
Chapter 16: Dragons Head Conflict
Chapter 17: Seventeen ARC Dark Era
Beast Ending (AU)
Dark Era: Good End (un-edit)
Epilogue: Entrance Exam (un-edit)
Deleted scene: Hostage
Special: Villain Reader (non-cannon. un edit)

Chapter 3 Arcade (un-edited)

181 10 1
By Fanficwriter01

A/n: ⚠️  Long chapter ahead. Buckle in and enjoy the chapter. ^_^

IN LIGHT OF WHAT HAPPENED in Sibuchi City. You'd been calm. Too calm on the surface but beneath worried about what this could mean. Dazai had seen your face.

You'd been keeping your head down and kept doing business as usual or studying at Middle school. You were doing well with classes ans graces.

Dazai had taken Chuuya to headquarters to meet Mori and certain individual Randou claiming to be sensitive to the cold despite wearing multiple winter layers.

Statement of what they had seen within the city.

Alone. Mori wanted Chuuya's cooperation on the case and even went and far as to hold some of Sheep's members hostage.

He shared what information he had.

Glad you weren't there to see a former boss appearing out of nowhere. That would've made things even more complicated than they already were.

Then again you'd received information about the said sighting rather than let it run its course. You decided to quieten down any rumors down on your end.. It'd keep the mafia occupied and on the crater city itself.

Away from you and neutral zone.

Got to admit to yourself, even for split moment. You had no regrets getting a glimpse of Dazai.

A day and a half later.

You decided to go to a game arcade to clear your head.

It was commonly known children to teens hang out and sometimes families. Rarely adults went in there. Mentally you were an adult.

Being fifteen had its advantages. You fit right into the crows of teems and children.

You decided to wear normal street clothes with a cap and ankle boots.

The mafia made their move to find the serving eye witness and were attacked by Gss.

You had heard about it too. Unfortunately you had to miss out on witnessing the two fight together as a duo.

Then again better stayed out of it. Last thing you needed was to get into serious trouble.

You spotted a teenager with a familiar dark grey hoodie the hood over his head to obscure his facial features. Stray curl sticking out and loud voice. 

Nakahara Chuuya.

Dark haired male sitting in the machine opposite to him. Osamu Dazai.

You ducked your head.

Out of all times you decided to go. It had to be around the same time mafisco Dazai and sheep leader Chuuya had to be here too.

This was the second time you'd been at the right place and wrong time situation. Happened in the novel and the third anime season.

It was as if the gods had planned this.

You overheard the bet between the boys. Whoever won gets the power to request whatever they want to the lower and can't deny it.  You'd knew who would win between the two and prove.

That's when familiar blank brown eyes turner towards your direction.

"Hey you."

Was he talking to someone?

"The girl with the blue cap. Come here."

He was talking to me. This wasn't good. You debated whether you should run, it'd be easy to pretend, hadn't heard him, and worked out the door.

Should I run?

Or should I go over and see what he wants.

Little curious what Dazai wanted. You decided to internal shrug and walk over, keeping the cap low over your eyes.

You came up to the two boys at the game arcade machines and gave a small nod towards them.

"To keep things fair. This girl will be the referee for the match."

"Huh, are you kidding me?" Chuuya exclaimed. But then you and him agreed with Osamu.

Your cold (e/c) eyes look between the two to keep tabs. Your hands crossed under your chest. It was getting larger.

"Have I seen you around somewhere before." the brown haired teen asked you. When you didn't speak, he said.

" You look like the girl from slums days ago.:

You didn't say anything. Neither confirm or denying it.

He took it as silent confirmation.

"You'd witnessed the fight. Yet haven't told anyone about it. Why?"

"It's none of my business." You replied with cold tone. It was your truth.

"Hmm." He says with poker face.

How on earth was he multitasking between game and question.

"What were girl like you doing in a place like this?" Dazai asked.

"That's my private business." Conflicts between groups and organizations for eight years. 

" I have another question. Have you Seen anything unusual lately?"

You knew what he was referring to. Decided to be half honest with him. Knew from fictional sources, but hadn't seen it yourself shaking your head no.

"I'm sorry, but no. However, I heard a small rumour going around but shut it down." You felt one brown eye on you for a split second. Another "Hmm."

" I don't mess around with mafia. From my understanding, it never ends well for people who mess with them, "you said.

You peaked at Chuuya's game machine. He was losing miserably to Dazai.

Chuuya lost to Dazai. Game over.

Dazai wanted to make a bet with Chuuya. If one of them was able to solve the mystery of whom was behind Arabaki. The winner gets to make one order to the loser.

You felt like you'd stayed past your welcome. That's when you heard Chuuya make a sound behind you.

Two teenagers enter the arcade and seem to be searching around for someone.

A girl with wispy pink hair with a nice outfit whilst the guy wore warmer layers with fake fur, the hoodie over his head to obscure his features from view. They wore matching blue wristbands.

The Sheep.

Their timing couldn't be better. You were able to bolt out of there as fast as your feet could carry you.

They'd want to know where Chuuya had been and want his help to release the friends and menders from the group.

You couldn't help but think the two kids were toxic dumping their own expectations onto him to do the heavy lifting with his ability and leadership while they sat back and did lighter work.

That's not how things are in reality.

Of there's one thing you'd learnt from both fiction and your personal experience as an informant. They all had the same thing in common.

No matter what rank had within a group or organization.  Everyone had to give it their all.

You were a teenager twice. But I couldn't believe how easily teens possessed toxic traits of their own and entitled to everything in the world.

Once they hit a certain age, either becoming more aware and taking steps to overcome it, remain naive.

You'd tell the kids. Just because they took him in when he was nowhere to go. It doesn't give them the right to treat other people like tools.

He was grateful to them and took advantage of him ever since he had learnt his ability.

No wonder Chuuya was so strong. He'd reached OP level.

Dazai was right about Chuuya's own, the ability he gets to decide how he uses it. Not them.

Dazai decided to contact Mori to give an update about their investigation and free the hostages. Not long after they received text messages, the prisoners were let out the building in one piece.

Then, creating a big misunderstanding, Chuuya was becoming associated with the mafia. But not in the way they assumed he was.

He wasn't obligated to tell him anything, and he didn't want them to know. He was entitled to his own privacy.

They look on their faces as if they were being betrayed by one of their own when in truth he hadn't done anything wrong at all.

You were brought back to the present.

You knew today you'd had another close call with mafisco Dazai. But you also knew one in these days, you wouldn't be so lucky.

Got an exclusive close-up of Dazai this time. May be a teen, but owning the dark look. If you didn't think him hot enough before. He's definitely hotter.

You stopped to look out over the Harbour and shook your head. Earning some weird looks.

You knew him through fiction.

But you didn't know him as a person.

Other matter.

The two were about to find the culprit responsible for the crater incident and fight against him, and the dead man reanimated... He'd be classified as a zombie.

He'd reveal he'd been ordered to capture Arabaki and bring him back to his home country. He even reanimate him as the boss. That was messed up.

It was a big moment for Dazai to realize what Mori had meant and found a reason for living. Whilst Chuuya had found his own purpose.

They defeated the zombie boss and the traitor within the organization. They learnt the truth that he hadn't been alone. He'd had a partner cane to the country with him and betrayed him and the organization.

Later.

You received word from another one of your sources. There had been gun fire at a cemetery outside Yokohoma.

You'd remained collected and went about business as usual.

You could only think of that one scene.

Chuuya had gone to respect the grave of the man trying to use him and lost a valuable lead to his past.

That grey haired kid had shown up, went up to him, and stabbed him near the stomach with a knife.

Chuuya was accused of planning to betray the sheep to the port mafia. But it was them who'd betrayed his trust and used him.

They let their own paranoia get the best of them.

You had to admit the moment the kids step back to hide and let GSS step in with their guns being well coordinated. But it also proved that the sheep relied on stronger people to do the work for them.

Chuuya would fall down the cliff, and the kid stabbed him. Would order to find and kill him harder blow.

Dazais baddass entrance on the rock surrounded by lower mafisco. Since he had officially joined, He'd been given his own men.

The GSS alliance with The Sheep was a massive risk to ignore. If left alone, they'd become a dangerous group.

Although what Dazai did, planting small seeds of doubt within the sheep wasn't cool. But if Dazai hadn't done that. Nothing would have changed. Chuuya would've never known their true colours and be held back. Stunted from growing and becoming a stronger character. He'd become one day.

Chuuya didn't approve of his method to kill off the children.

Dazai decides to make a proposal. Kill the GSS member within the Sheep but keep the original agreement to spare the children, but he needed an advisor on his side to know what they thought.

Chuuya was the only one from The Sheep nearly killed and cast out. Dazai needed an adviser to share insight on sheep. Chuuya was the best choice.

Mori had extended an offer for him to join the port mafia. Use a person like him on their side.

He'd non verbally agreed to join the Port mafia in exchange to keep children alive.

Dazai had sent his men to kill the gss members but to spare the kids and leave .

You thought. They should've just killed the kids.

If they grew up. There was a fifty fifty chance they could become criminals themselves and kill other people. Might try joining up with other groups and become a threat to the mafia again. 

.
.
.

Chuuya would be officially initiated by Mori as a member of the Port Mafia and learn about the documentation the man had written.

It was sad that he wouldn't be able to access the books and learn more about Arabaki right away. The executives would get to see them first. It made you wonder.

Wasn't Mori a little worried one of them may try to steal information and use it for their own devices?

He had faith in his men.

Chuuya would ask questions about what it meant to be a leader and Mori's brilliant response. By doing so, he'd earned Chuuyas respect and an important vow to Mori and the Port Mafia.

Can't argue that sunset added the significance of the scene more beautifully moving.

Later.

Stained glass windows light cascaded down into large hallways with pillars. Two people walking one of the paths close to it.

Chuuya would be talking with a certain orange haired executive. The new outfit and Fedora are little big on him. He would grow into it with time.

The moment Dazai walked by with another mafisco and little Q.

Dazai would run up with few words to say to Chuuya, especially about the deal. Said male would deny him. 

Young Q blinking in confusion. Still innocent of mafias darkness. The older menders are having a conversation.

You imagine Ango in the archive room of the Special gift division, tapping away on typewriters with a report on the ability users involved in Arubaki and foreshadowing to the future stand alone.

You thought it deserved its own anime movie.

As y/n/n burnt the report on info exchange with a client.

You were certain it was the end of the fifteen arc and night bringer would begin into the next year. You were in the clear.

Unknowns to you.

It was only just the beginning.

End of Chapter 3.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] lifeยทline หˆlฤซfหŒlฤซn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...
905K 41.4K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
625K 38.2K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...