Of Love and Shadows

By heavengrows

Thalia was the daughter of a merchant in The City of Starlight, Valaris, a warrior. Just an ordinary Faerie... More

Prologue
The Shadowsinger
The Inner Circle
The General
The Truth
The Mates
The Heir
Thalia's Armor
The Healing
The Spymaster
The Asset
The Merchant
The Kin-Slayer
The Princess
The Mating Bond
The Frenzy
The Lieutenant General
The Bath
The Windhaven Camp
The Battle
The Mother
The Warrior of Light
The Day Court
The Answers
The Prophecy
PART TWO: The Gifted One
The Bunny
The Flight
Hiatus (so sorry)

The Distraction

297 4 0
By heavengrows

⚠️Warning ⚠️

This chapter contains strong explicit sexual content. Read at your own risk, because I don't write bullshit.

(Slight BDSM, rough sex, slight impact play, use of handcuffs, orgasm denial, edging, and choking)

=========================================

Azriel 

She has never been this quiet. Azriel was starting to worry about his beautiful mate. 

He can feel down the mating bond that she was feeling mixed emotions. Usually, Azriel can read Thalia like a book, his shadows whispering about what their mate was doing. But her face was blank, her violet and gold eyes seeming to be lost. It worried Azriel. 

Azriel observed Thalia as they walked through the library, Helion leading the way out; you can't winnow in or out of Helion's libraries for the safety of the families living in them.

Her back was tense, her Illyrian wings taut as her light slithered around them. For a second, Azriel thought he saw her right eye flash a darker violet, but when he looked again it was back to normal. 

Comfort mate, one of Azriel's shadows whispered into his ear. They didn't like to see her this quiet either. 

As they reached the entrance, Azriel gripped Thalia's inked hand and brought it up to his lips, planting a kiss on her knuckles. She seemed to relax slightly then stared lovingly up at her mate. 

Azriel saw Helion stand by the large oak doors of the library, waiting for them, but he couldn't care less as he pulled Thalia's smaller body against his. Azriel felt Thalia relax, her arms wrapping around his neck, as he held his baby girl.

The bond between them seemed to purr and shine as Azriel held Thalia close, his big scarred hand caressing the smooth bare skin of her back. It was moments like this when Azriel's shadows were at their quietest, when his mind was content, when it wasn't so loud he wanted to scream. All he cared about at the moment was that his mate was here, that she was real. 

Azriel felt Thalia shiver when he softly kissed her neck, trailing up to her ear as he whispered, "I see you, and nothing is changing that." 

Thalia looked up at Azriel, her eyes, violet and gold, beaming as she smiled gently. "I love you, scars and all." 

Azriel knew with every bone in his body that she meant that from the bottom of her heart. So he pressed a tender, deep kiss to her sensual lips, letting his feelings shine through the bond. 

Azriel has never felt this happy in the five centuries he has lived. Having had to fight for his freedom and his family, he felt as if he didn't deserve Thalia as his mate.

Every second, every breath he took was for Thalia. He would die for his mate, and he would live for her, too.

Thalia 

My mind was blank. 

I didn't know what to think as we walked the halls of Hellion's palace to the guest chambers he had renovated for Azriel and me. I was so distracted from my thoughts, that I didn't even take the time to look at the beautiful halls of Helion's palace. 

The kiss and the way Azriel held me as we left the library had calmed down some of my worries. I didn't know what Azriel thought about me when we had found the answers about my powers, that I was a god. But I know now that those thoughts were completely wrong. 

But that didn't help all my worries. 

I had a feeling we were still missing something, that we didn't get all the answers. 

I remember Amren telling me there had been others like me, and the first book Helion showed me proved that. But that didn't completely add up. If I was a descendant of the Mother, wouldn't that mean something else completely?

I didn't know I was just standing in the middle of the bedroom until Azriel stood in front of me and kissed my forehead. 

"Talk to me, bunny," Azriel urged me quietly, brushing a stray strand of hair behind my pointed ear. 

I sighed, looking into the hazel eyes of my mate. "It doesn't all quite add up," I told him, moving to sit on the couch in front of the fireplace. 

The room Helion had given us was quite different from our room in Velaris. It was decorated in soft whites and rose gold. The bed was up against the eastern wall, the sheets made of silk and velvet, canopied in sheer white curtains. Windows lined the entire northern wall, the view of the city beyond, lined with shimmering rose gold curtains. The carpet was plush and felt like clouds on my feet. On the south wall was the washroom door which was closed so I couldn't see in it, but I knew it would be enormous. 

Azriel sat next to me, pulling me into his lap, his inked, scarred hands resting on the swell of my hips. "What doesn't add up?" 

"If I'm Rhysand's daughter, and she was pregnant with me," -Azriel nodded as I talked, and I played with the buttons on his shirt- "how does me being a descendant of the mother have anything to do with anything?" 

Ariel nodded when I finished, and I watched as a group of his shadows disappeared around his broad shoulders for a few moments before coming back, a tendril of it curling around his ear. "I just asked Helion, he said he'd look into it," Ariel told me, kissing my cheek as he stood up with me in his arms. 

I squealed when he did, smacking his shoulder as I was forced to wrap myself around his muscular frame. "What are you doing?" I exclaimed, clutching onto him. 

"I haven't been able to make love to you in days, baby girl," Azriel growled into my ear, sending shivers down my spine, and down to my core. "I'm going to start your bath, but I left you a few surprises in your bag. Why don't you open them while I do that, hmm?"

I gulped, my toes curling as I nodded. 

I yelped when Azriel smacked my ass, hard. "Words, baby bunny," His words were growled, husky and deep, sending another wave of heat to my core. 

Azriel had never sounded so dominant towards me before, and I was submitting to him without any question. I liked it.

"Y-yes, sir," I managed to say after swallowing the lump in my throat.  

Our arousal was prominent throughout the room as Azriel put me down, placing a lingering kiss on my lips. I whined as he stroked his tongue along my bottom lip, pulling it between his teeth before he kissed it to soothe the ache. 

At this point, I was ready to pounce on my mate, the primal female instinct to pleasure Azriel threatening to take over. But something told me to do as he said and let this play out, half curiosity, half anticipation.  

I hurried over to our bags that were in the walk-in closet, as Azriel went into the bathroom. I rummaged through mine before I found them. One was a rectangular box wrapped in black wrapping paper tied with a cobalt ribbon and a paper bag stapled shut. 

My heart was beating so fast that I felt it in my pussy. I squeezed my thighs together to give myself some friction as I opened the paper bag first. 

I chuckled at the cobalt blue lacy lingerie set. It was a see-through blue nightie, with a matching lace thong and a thin lace bra with black straps. Of course, Azriel picked this out. 

I set that aside and grabbed the box. I honestly was scared to know what was in there. But I tore the blue ribbon off and the black paper, revealing a white box with no label. Part of me wondered why he put whatever was in here in an unlabeled box, but a bigger part of me didn't care, as I opened it. 

I froze. 

Blue fluffy handcuffs stared back at me. 

I felt like I was going to combust right then and there. 

What is he going to do to me?

"Do you like them?" 

I jumped when Azriel came up behind me, wrapping his arms around me from behind. I could feel his hard cock against the swell of my ass, and I fought the urge to grind against him. 

"If you don't like being tied up and dominated, tell me and we won't," Azriel said reassuringly. "I am very rough when I'm dominant and I don't want to hurt you in any way, this is up to you."

I bit my lip as I turned to him and I saw his hazel eyes darken as they captured the anticipation in mine. "I like them," I said, breathlessly. "And I want to."

Azriel grinned, his shadows whirling around his wings. "Good girl," Azriel purred, the deep sound making my nipples harden. Azriel watched as they did, and I moaned softly when he pitched the aching pebbles between his fingers. "Oh, I can't wait to have you squirming under me, baby girl." 

I bathed in the bath Azriel made for me, humming in content as I sunk into the steaming water that smelled of lavender and coconuts. I bathed quickly, my arousal making me work faster. Every second that passed felt like an eternity away from my mate. 

I applied some rose oil along my skin before drying off as I got out of the bath, knowing he loved it when I used scents that blended with my natural scent. 

The lingerie set fit me perfectly as I put it on. It fit my curves naturally, the deep blue contrasting well with my tan skin. I slid the nightie on, tying the strings around my waist and neck, leaving my backside bare so it could fit my wings. I felt beautiful in this, Azriel knew what he was doing when he brought this. 

"My love, are you alright?" Azriel said through the door as he knocked. 

"Yes, I'm alright," I shouted so he could hear me. "I'll be out in a minute." 

"Don't take too much longer, bunny," Azriel said before walking away from the door.

The nicknames he's been calling me ever since we'd been in the room have been making me so wet, I'm sure the new thong was ruined in my slick already.

I stared at myself for a moment longer in the mirror, admiring my natural curves in the set I was wearing. I felt happy that I was wearing my mate's color, that he liked to see me in things I wouldn't usually feel comfortable in. But Azriel makes me feel beautiful every time he looks at me, especially when I wake up in the morning with a bedhead and dried drool on my cheek. 

Taking a deep breath, I smoothed out the fabric of my outfit before opening the bathroom door. 

Azriel was lounging on his elbow on the bed, his chest bare and his tattoos standing out starkly in the late evening sun leaking through the window. His pants were untied, so I could see the happy trail of black hair peeking through his boxers, the large bulge prominent against the black silk fabric. Azriel's shadows seemed relaxed as they slithered around his wings and shoulders. With the evening sunlight shining down on him, he looked like an angel of death. 

My angel of death.

My skin was hot and flushed as I walked steadily over to my mate. His hazel eyes were dark and watching every step I took closer to him. Azriel's full lips twitched in a mischievous grin as he took me in, his eyes lingering at the apex of my thighs, hidden by the lace thong I was wearing. 

Azriel grabbed the fluffy handcuffs, opening them as he sat up to sit on the edge of the bed in front of me. I hummed when he gripped my hips, tugging me closer to stand between his legs. 

"There are only two rules for when we do this," Azriel said, grabbing my wrist gently and snapping the first cuff on my left wrist. It wasn't too tight, but tight enough so I wouldn't try to get out of them. "One: tell me to stop and I'll stop everything I'm doing and begin aftercare immediately. And Two: absolutely no cumming unless I permit you. Do you understand me, baby girl?" 

I swallowed. "Yes, sir," I said softly and he snapped the other cuff on my right wrist. 

I don't know what it was, but the thought of Azriel dominating me, tying me up, and using my body however he wanted, made me realize how much I loved him and trusted him to do anything he wanted to me. All it did was make my slick drip down my thighs, and I knew Azriel could scent it with the way he groaned as his nostrils flared. 

Azriel lifted my chin, making me meet his wonderful hazel eyes. "Put your arms around my neck, baby girl," he ordered and I obeyed, swinging my bound arms over his head and around his neck. I gasped then giggled when Azriel placed his hands under my thighs and picked me up, carrying me up to the head of the bed, my head resting on the silken pillows.

Azriel removed my arms from around his neck, holding them in place above my head. My heart was beating louder and louder in my ears, and I knew Azriel had to hear it. I'd never done this before, so I was nervous. 

"I've got you, Thalia," Azriel said as he kissed my forehead. "If you're uncomfortable in any way, tell me, okay?"

I nodded. 

And yelped when he slapped the inside of my thigh. It hurt, but it didn't stop me from moaning as the shock of it went straight to my aching clit. 

"Words," Azriel growled deeply into my ear, sending shivers throughout my entire body and my wings twitched underneath me. 

"Y-yes, sir," My voice was thick with arousal. 

Azriel hummed deeply in his chest in approval before ducking and placing hungry kisses along my neck. Every place his lips touched on my neck, made my body tense with an aching need for him. My hips squirmed, trying to get some type of friction going, but Azriel pinned my hips down and I whined. 

"Az, please," I whined as his rough hands squeezed my heavy breasts through the thin lace of my nightie and bra. 

"Already begging, bunny?" Azriel said, looking into my eyes, his shadows caressing my hot, flushed cheeks. "I've barely even touched you." 

I cried out when he pinched my hard nipple between his thumb and index finger, pulling it. I arched my back at the sensation, my toes curling in the silken sheets. 

"I guess I'll give you what you're asking for," Azriel groaned into my ear, tugging my ear lobe between his teeth. 

Azriel untied the strings that kept the nightie on and pulled it off me. I was now just in the lace thong and bra and shivered as the cool air hit my overly sensitive skin, my nipples at their hardest peak now. 

My breathing became labored as I watched his hand trail down the bare skin of my stomach before his inked fingers curled around the elastic trap at my hip. 

And then it disappeared inside and I cried out as he stroked his rough fingers down my soaked slit. 

Azriel groaned at the wetness he found waiting for him there. "So fucking wet for me, baby girl. Such a good girl for me." 

I whimpered, wanting to touch him so badly, but his shadows had locked the chain of the handcuffs I was wearing to a wooden bar in the headboard. 

I opened my legs more, giving him better access to my pussy, and I gasped when he pushed two of his large fingers into me. No matter how many times he has prepared me with his fingers, scissoring them so I can take all of him later, I always felt so full with him. 

Squelching sounds and my moans filled the room as he fucked me with his fingers, curling his fingers as he thrust in to hit that one spot that had me seeing stars. 

"You're so tight," Azriel said, his other hand wrapping around my neck and adding just the right amount of pressure to have me shaking. 

I was so close, my hips bucking up to meet each of the thrusts his fingers made inside of me. "Az, I-I'm gonna-" 

He pulled his fingers out, letting go of the firm hold he had on my neck. 

"No!" I cried out, tears pricking the corners of my eyes, as I came down from the edge without falling over. I didn't know he was going to do that and it made me frustrated and needy.

"You were about to cum without permission," Azriel said nonchalantly as if he hadn't just denied me my orgasm. 

"Please, please," I sobbed, tugging on the handcuffs. "I'll be good, just let me cum!"

Azriel tsked, but he put his fingers back inside my aching, drenched pussy. It didn't take me long to be back on that edge to cum, but before I could even ask, Azriel pulled his fingers out, and gripped my chin, forcing me to look at him. 

"Look at me when you're cumming," Azriel demanded as he kept a hold of my jaw, sitting low on his knees. 

"Please, let me cum," I cried out, my body over sensitive, but still craving for that sweet release.  "I'll do anything, just let me cum!" 

Azriel didn't answer me, just shoved his fingers into me, harsher and faster than before, as he attacked that sweet spot inside of me. 

I don't know if I was screaming or moaning, but I didn't care, as his fingers fucked me into oblivion. I thrusted my hips up to meet my mate's fingers, going closer and closer back to that edge. 

I looked Azriel in the eyes, begging him. "C-can I – Fuck! – can I cum, please?!" I begged my mate, hardly able to get the godsdamned question out. 

"Cum for me, bunny," Azriel grunted into my ear, and within a few seconds of his words, my eyes rolled into the back of my head, my body freezing up in complete euphoria as I climaxed. 

My orgasm didn't seem to want to stop as he worked me through it, adding his thumb to rub against my clit. 

I was trembling and shaking as I came down from that extraordinary high. Azriel kissed and caressed my body until I had calmed down enough to look into his hungry eyes. 

"Are you okay, Thalia?" Ariel said, looking deeply into my eyes, as he unclipped my bra and slid the wet thong down my legs. 

I tugged on the handcuffs. "Please, let me touch you," I whimpered.  

Azriel's scarred hands caressed my sensitive body,  sending tingles and shivers down my spine.  Every time Azriel touched me it felt like the first time, even the way he looked at me could make me blush.  

And the way I was submitting myself freely to him,  made me realize how much I loved and trusted the shadowsinger with every fiber in my body.

Azriel's hazel eyes met mine. He must have seen the longing in my eyes, because the next second my wrists were free and he was pulling me into his lap.  

I immediately locked my arms around his neck,  my fingers tugging at his hair as I kissed him deeply.  

Azriel groaned into my mouth,  his powerful arms wrapping around me,  holding me impossibly closer.  I felt his aching bulge twitch in his boxers against me and ground down onto him. 

"Baby," Azriel growled into my ear, "I'm gonna ruin you. "

He then ran his fingers down the sensitive membrane of my wings,  right where he knew it would make me melt.  

By the cauldron, I have never felt so embarrassed in my immortality.  I moaned so loud,  that Azriel had to slam his mouth against mine to swallow the harsh sound.  

I swear the whole of Prythian heard that.  

But Azriel didn't seem to care. It seemed to only make him more feral.

The touches he left on my body were rough enough to hurt,  but I didn't care as he dominated my mouth, his large hand wrapped securely around my neck. It only made me more desperate to have him inside of me.  

"Azriel,  please, " I whimpered, tugging on his hair and grinding my hips harder down on his cock.  

"Okay, baby, I've got you," Azriel placed another kiss on my lips before laying me back down on the pillows with a lover's gentleness. 

I opened my legs again so Azriel could settle between them as he slid off the only clothing he had on. 

I bit my lip at the sight of his arousal. His cock was twitching, the bulbous head red and leaking pre-cum. I couldn't help myself but reach down and begin stroking him. 

Azriel groaned deeply at my touch before leaning down and capturing my lips with his. He kissed me with unadulterated fervor, every swipe of his tongue against mine held a promise of eternity. 

I gasped when Azriel pulled my swollen bottom lip between his teeth and grabbed the hand that was still stroking his cock, intertwining our fingers together. He placed our joined hands next to my head. 

"I love you," Azriel whispered into my ear, nipping at my ear lobe. 

I moaned when his head ducked and his soft lips latched onto my nipple. I bucked my hips up, urging him to thrust inside of me, but the sound Azriel made was almost feral as he pinned his hips down on mine to keep me from moving. 

"Please, Azriel," I cried, arching against him and squeezing his hand. "I need you!" 

Azriel didn't say anything, he only lifted his weight off me and thrusted hard into my pussy without warning. My mouth opened to cry out at the unexpected stretch, but no sound came out as an unexpected orgasm barreled through my body, my walls clenching down on him. 

"Fuck, Thalia!" Azriel shouted, his hand shooting down between us to rub furiously at my throbbing clit, thrusting his cock in and out of me to help through it, his cock head thrusting up against my G-spot.

Tears fell on my cheeks at how powerful my orgasm was, and I knew right then Azriel was all I needed and nothing else. 

When I came down from that glorious high, I wrapped my arms and legs around Azriel, pulling him to me, wanting him deeper and closer to me. 

I could feel every vein and grove of his hard cock against my sensitive pussy walls as he thrusted into me hard and deep. 

The bond shined between our moving bodies, and I wanted nothing more than the whole world to hear it, to feel it, as we made love. 

"you feel so good, bunny," Azriel's voice was thick with pleasure as he sat up, slowing down his thrusts to place my trembling legs over his shoulders. "So fucking good, baby."

"Yes, Azriel, please!" I cried out when he pressed forward, bending me in half, to fuck me harder and deeper. 

He was so deep, I could feel him in my stomach, his head bruising my cervix, as he pounded into me. 

I looked up at my mate, reaching behind him to stroke his wings as he did mine, and the moan he made had me wanting to combust then and there. 

I could feel every emotion he sent down our mating bond. The admiration and love he had for me made me want to cry out for him. 

I know he feels as though he doesn't deserve me, but he deserves happiness. So I leaned my head up, kissed him, and let go of the damper I had on my power. 

Light and darkness surrounded us, caressing Azriel's wings and scars, and Azriel cried out my name as his thrusts became quicker and sloppier, coming closer and closer to his release.  

Then I whispered into his ear, "I've got you,"

That seemed to set him free, because his last few thrusts were deeper and harder before he came deep inside me, hard. 

I cried out as he hit that one spot inside of me that had me seeing stars, and we both clutched onto the other, working each other through our highs. 

Then there was silence as we stilled, Azriel's cock going soft inside of me, the only sound our labored breathing and hearts beating.

I hummed when he kissed me, this time softer and full of love. 

We both sighed when Azriel lifted off me, slowly pulling out of me. Although I felt empty without him inside me anymore, I couldn't be more satisfied in my life. 

Azriel smirked at my fucked-out state, kissing my forehead, before heading to the bathroom and coming out a moment later with a warm damp washcloth and the bath water running. 

He wiped the inside of my thighs with the rag, before picking me up. I wrapped my arms around his neck, playing with the hair there, and laying my head on his shoulder. 

I was still slightly in the state of euphoria as he carried us into the bathroom. 

The water was still running in the bath, but neither of us cared as he settled us into the water with me in his lap. 

I watched my gorgeous mate lay his head on the back of the tub, his wings relaxing, as he held onto my hips. 

I giggled at the tired look on his face. I cupped his face and leaned forward to kiss him. Azriel hummed into the kiss, but it only lasted a moment before he pulled away. 

"Let me wash you, bunny," 

I nodded, looking dreamily up at him. 

As Azriel washed the sweat and cum off of me, I realized that even though the world may be corrupt and terrible, my mate, my lover, my best friend, would always love me for who I am. 

Azriel sees me, the real me, and that's all that matters. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 742 41
{CASSIANΓ—OC} In a dark abyss somewhere a soul is struggling to breathe,thrashing to hold on, fighting with the darkness eating away her life presence...
227K 9.5K 86
Aoife Vanserra, daughter of the High Lord of Autumn Court, Beron, had been living safely in Spring Court since her family was taken Under the Mountai...
109K 2.3K 19
He was the darkness. She was the star who lit it up. In which the shadowsinger of the Night Court falls for his High Lord's long lost sister. "He w...
43.4K 1.5K 35
With the war against Hybern over, Prythian is finally able to breathe. That is, until four women are brought into a dream where they discover that th...