Coming Home (Station 19/Grey'...

By Kelly_Kat-246

Erin O'Malley was familiar with pain. When she was sixteen she lost her brother George. It took a toll on her... More

Back in Seattle
Ripping the band-aid off
Trapped
The Day from hell
Of course, my day from hell had to get worse
Things can and will go wrong (Part 1)
Things can go wrong (Part 2)
The second date and the truth

An important decision

414 4 0
By Kelly_Kat-246

It is the morning after and I am in an unusually good mood. Why? Well not only are Andrew and I going on a date but he decided that he was going to pick me up. Hopefully, my civilian clothes are good enough. If my hunch is correct it won't matter. Before I have a chance to leave Andrew lets himself in. Ben looks at me with a stunned look.

"What are you doing here Andrew?" Ben asks.

"I'm making sure Erin gets home safe," Andrew responds. It sounds like he was thinking of an excuse the whole night. The thought makes me giggle. After a few words from Ben, we are finally on our way to the spot.

"You know you could've said we were going out," I say.

"I wasn't sure if you told your crew and I didn't want to embarrass you," Andrew's face goes red with embarrassment.

"Well the only one I told is Travis but that is because he wouldn't shut up about it," I respond getting a chuckle from Andrew.

"Besides I want to see where this goes before I say anything to the rest of the crew," It sounds stupid but I really want to see where this goes. Something tells me it is going to be complicated but I am sure we can make it work. I notice Andrew's hands shuffle awkwardly on the steering wheel. I've said something stupid.

"Well...umm there is something that I should tell you before our relationship goes anywhe-,"

"Don't worry. Whatever it is can wait till you're ready. Besides, I want a peaceful breakfast. I need it after the shift from hell," I cut him off. He clearly feels uncomfortable with sharing whatever is bothering him. After a few minutes of driving, we made it to a nice dinner. I glance at Andrew as I walk in. He seems a little unsure of himself. After scouting a free table we sat down.

"So while we are relaxing why don't you tell me a bit about yourself," Andrew jumps straight into small talk.

"Honestly there is not much to tell. I grew up in Seattle then when I turned eighteen I left. I spent eight years in England where I became a paramedic," I say. As much as I like Andrew I don't trust him enough with my backstory. Before you can ask there is something about Travis that makes him easy to trust whereas with Andrew I just don't get that vibe.

"There is more to your story. Anyway, I gather that the information isn't first-date material," Andrew guesses. He is good.

"No. How about you?" I turn the tables on him.

"Well I was born in Italy then I moved to the States because of family drama," Andrew says as we look at the menu. After a few seconds of looking at the menu, we settled on something to eat. After what feels like an eternity in heaven we are finished with our meals and socialising. I am about to pay for my meal when Andrew stops me.

"It's a date remember," He remarks as he places some money on the counter. With that, we leave. As soon as I sit down in the car Andrew hands me a piece of paper with a phone number.

"Just in case you want a second date," Andrew confirms what I already know as I take the piece of paper. With that out of the way we finally leave. After yet another joyful eternity Andrew pulls up to my place.

"Well thank you for that. I will text you if I want another date," I say as I leave. A part of me wants to kiss him but the rest of me is saying that is a bad idea. I shake the thought out of my head as I approach the door. I brace myself for the oncoming storm as I open the door.

"Hey, mum. I'm home," I call out.

"Finally I've been so worried about you. You didn't call me when you arrived," My mum says as she rounds the corner. She looks like a blubbering mess.

"Look, I'm sorry. We got swamped and I totally forgot," I explained whilst trying to hide the bandage on my hand. I know hiding it isn't the best but my mum worries about me enough as it is. She gives me a dirty look as I head to my bedroom to get changed into something more comfortable. I just need to relax and spend time thinking about whether or not I am going to ask Andrew on a second date.

It has been a few hours since then and I am making sure I have something to eat while I think about my dilemma. The answer should be simple, but something else is stopping me.

"I know that look. There is someone on your mind. Is it someone I know?" My mum asks about getting started on the gossip.

"Mum, it's nothing...Actually, you know that doctor that's been helping me?" I say as I add the finishing touches to my sandwich. The reason why I bring it up is because if anyone can help me it is my mum.

"What about him?" My mum asks as I sit down.

"Well we went out for breakfast as a date and he wants another but I'm not sure how I feel about it," I explained the situation before taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"There is nothing stopping you. Anyway, you should follow your heart with it," My mum gives me the cliche answer.

"I know Mum. The thing is My heart says one thing and my brain says another," I complain. I guess I will have to sit on the idea for a while. It has been two days since then and I am cleared for full duties. Right now I am double-checking the inventory with Travis. Honestly, he is just using it as an excuse to gossip.

"So you and DeLuca?" Travis asks as he hands me a few vials of medicine.

"Haven't made up my mind. My heart says one thing. My brain says the complete opposite," I say as I place the vials in their spot. I notice a scheming look on Travis' face. I know exactly what he will do when we go to Grey Sloan. As soon as the thought crosses my mind the signal bell goes. It is a medical call. After a few tense minutes, we made it to an aged care facility. We are met by one of the nurses. She looks like is going to throw a fit.

"Can you tell us what happened?" I get to work on assessing the situation.

"Well Joe is having chest pains but she refused treatment from us. Apparently, she wants to go to the hospital. Be careful. She is a little agitated," The nurse runs us through what is happening as we approach her room. As soon as we make it to the door Travis tentatively knocks.

"Can we come in? We are paramedics from the Seattle Fire Department. We are here to take you to the hospital," Travis announces.

"Come in," The response sounds pained. With her permission, we entered the room. After a minute of back and forth, Joe gives us permission to get her comfortable. Well, Travis is getting her comfortable. I'm checking her vitals.

"Her rhythm is a little off but other than that everything is stable," I say as I watch the line on the life pack going across the display.

"If everything is ready then can I go to the hospital?" Joe asks. I glance at Travis. The thing is she seems desperate to get to the hospital.

"Yes. Let's go," Travis responded as we helped her to the stretcher. After what feels like an eternity we make it to Grey Sloan.

"You're doing the handover Erin," Travis announces to my horror. Hopefully, Andrew isn't in the emergency department today. Knowing him he is going to force an answer from me. Oh well, there is nothing I can do, I just have to bite the bullet. I take a deep breath. After a few seconds, I am met by the doctors. I notice a familiar face. Thankfully his attention is taken by Joe. For some reason, I followed them into the emergency room. I begin pacing as I fill in the paperwork. Even though I've ripped the band-aid off I still feel like something is going to go wrong.

"Erin?" Andrew snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Oh...um what can I do for you, Andrew?" I panic. The reason why I am panicking is due to the simple fact that I haven't even talked to him in the two days since our first date. He glances over his shoulder.

"Well you could tell me about a second date in person," Andrew responds.

"I am having the biggest argument. My brain is saying no but my heart is saying yes. Anyway I have to go before I say something else to make the situation weird," I try my best to wiggle my way out of the situation. I don't even wait for Andrew to respond before legging it. I soon rejoined Travis in the ambulance. He gives me a dirty look.

"I feel stupid. I freaked out in front of DeLuca. He's perfect but I'm scared of the fact that if something develops, I'll lose it. I don't know if I can afford to go through it again. Besides it's too soon," I vent to Travis. There really is a lot that could go wrong.

"Erin, just trust your heart. If something goes wrong you'll have my support," Travis says as he pulls the puppy dog look.

"Ok fine. I'll text DeLuca," I give in as I pull my phone out of my pocket.

EOM: I'm sorry about earlier. Being in that building gives me the creeps. I'll go on a second date with you and I will explain what I mean

"Ok, I'm done. I just hope he responds," I announce.

ADL: Just let me know when and where and don't worry

Thank goodness he replied positively. I just have to find a point where our busy schedules align. That will be the easy part. The hard part is done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.5K 50
Skylar Montgomery had a rough past. Her drug and alcohol addiction started when she was 13 and continued for years until her brother saved her. Six y...
37.3K 1.3K 9
Mark Sloan was doing great, he'd just brought an apartment which he was in the process of convincing the love of his life to move into with him. And...
25K 538 35
It's a new opportunity. I get an office, a better salary, more time with my family. It's working out. Except the part where my boss dislikes me but c...
961K 31.4K 89
𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘢 𝘢𝘯𝘡π˜ͺ𝘭 𝘒𝘭𝘭 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘡𝘒𝘳𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘯π˜ͺ𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘳𝘯 𝘰𝘢𝘡...