BEGIN BEFORE THE END | WTM |...

By Rifter29

Follow the story of Cathy Potter as she and the entire school of Hogwarts sees what their future has in store... More

DISCLAIMER
BEGIN BEFORE THE END
ACT 1
PROLOGUE
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
ACT 2
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
ACT 3
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64

1

11.5K 271 73
By Rifter29

CHAPTER 1
PRIVET DRIVE

The film opens up to a sign with the words Privet Drive written on it and shifts to a Professor Dumbledore walking about on the street. He took out an object and all the lights from the street flew into it.

"Wicked" Sirius Black said before getting shush by everyone.

A cat that sat nearby meowed very loudly and caught the wizard's attention.

"I should've known that you would be here, Professor McGonagall."

The cat jumped and transformed into the transfiguration teacher that everyone knew. "Good evening, Professor Dumbledore."

Suddenly a taxi pulled up and after paying the driver a woman came out. When she turned around her face became visible despite how dark it was.

"Is that me?" Cathy questioned in surprise. "Bloody hell I look good."

“I agree.” Sirius smirked at the girl making her shudder in disgust.

“Quiet, Black.” Someone told him.

"How come no one shushed her?" Sirius muttered.

"Ah hello Catherine." Dumbledore greeted.

"Hello Professor." The older Cathy replied before turning to her old head of house. "Oh Minerva should've known you'd be here. You always up in everybody's business."

"Good evening, Catherine." McGonagall responded somewhat deadpanned. "Where's your husband?"

"He's back at Safe Haven with the kids." Cathy stated. "He wanted to come but everyone we know is drinking and celebrating so finding a sitter was impossible.

"I have children?" Cathy looked surprised. "As in the plural form of child? As in I have more than one child?"

"I wonder who in their right mind married her." A girl from Slytherin whispered loudly.

"Are the rumors true, Cathy?" McGonagall asked.

"I have no idea who started those rumors but I'm afraid so, professor." Cathy nodded sadly.

"And the boy?"

 "Hagrid is bringing him." Dumbledore answered.

"What boy? What's going on?" Remus Lupin asked.

"Is it wise to trust Hagrid with something so important?"

"Hey!" Some of the Gryffindor students cried out at the insinuation.

"Catty Minerva, even for you." Cathy told her.

"Professor, I would trust Hagrid with my life." Dumbledore added.

A low rumbling sound had broken the silence around them. It grew steadily louder as they looked up and down the street for some sign of a headlight; it swelled to a roar as they both looked up at the sky -- and a huge motorcycle fell out of the air and landed on the road in front of them.

If the motorcycle was huge, it was nothing to the man sitting astride it. He was almost twice as tall as a normal man and at least five times as wide. He looked simply too big to be allowed, and so wild - long tangles of bushy black hair and beard hid most of his face, he had hands the size of trash can lids, and his feet in their leather boots were like baby dolphins. In his vast, muscular arms he was holding a bundle of blankets.

Professor Dumbledore, sir. Professor McGonagall. Cathy." Hagrid, the Hogwarts gamekeeper greeted.

"Hagrid!" The marauders cheered making the giant blush.

"No problems, I trust, Hagrid?" Dumbledore enquired.

"No, sir." Hagrid said. Little tyke fell asleep as we were flying over Bristol."

"Would you mind?" Cathy looked at the sleeping infant. Hagrid nodded and Cathy walked over to Hagrid and took the babe into her arms.

"Try not to wake him. There you go." Hagrid said.

Cathy held the boy carefully before sighing and walking towards the home at the end of the street.

"Do you really think it's safe, leaving him with these people? I've watched them all day. They're the worst sort of Muggles." Minerva spoke up.

"Minnie." Cathy began.

"Catherine, I know that you and James had your differences but surely you could take the boy instead. He is your nephew after all."

"Wait that's my son?" James said startled. "Who's his mum? Where's his mum? Where am I?"

"They really are..."

"Minerva trust me I'd like nothing more than to bring him with me...but this is for the best." Cathy sighed.

"He'll be famous." Professor McGonagall continued to persist. "Every child in our world will know his name."

"What? Why?" Several students thought.

"He's far better off growing up away from all of that." Dumbledore told her.  "Until he's ready."

"Exactly." Cathy said as she placed the baby on the doorstep. "Alright then, that's done."

"Oh? Aren't you going to knock?" Minerva asked.

Cathy gave her a confused stare. "Knock where?"

"What do you mean knock where? Where else!" James shouted.

"On the door."

"Minerva the only thing better than a surprise, is a surprise baby. Trust me the muggles are gonna love it."

"It just doesn't seem that safe." Minerva said.

"This is why I don't invite you to things." Cathy sighed. "This kid just killed a guy, I think it can handle a doorstep."

A series of gasps were heard throughout the hall as people digested the information that was just given.

Hagrid eyes began to well up with tears and he sobbed quietly.

"There, there, Hagrid. It's not really goodbye, after all. " Dumbledore comforted the half giant.

"Good luck...Harry Potter." Cathy said looking at the babe one last time. For a moment she stayed watching the baby before she walked over and banged against the doors of the home waking up its owners.

The scene changed into a small room that contained a sleeping boy that in all accounts looked identical to that of James Potter, all except for the lighting shaped scar that was present on his forehead.

"Up." A woman shouted whilst knocking on a small door. "Get up! Now!"

A gasp escaped the lips of one Lily Evans that did not go unnoticed.

"Lil's what is it?" Cathy asked.

"That's Petunia." Lily said. "That's my sister!"

Silence filled the Great Hall that was immediately broken by James as he shouted for joy.

"Yes! I married Lily! I married Lily!"

"Be quiet, stupid boy!" Walburga Black snapped.

"Uh, Prongs." Remus caught James' attention and directed in back to the screen.

"Wake up, cousin!" Dudley Dursley yelled jumping on the stairs. Spiders and dust fell from Harry's ceiling and it became evident where his 'bedroom' was located. "We're going to the zoo!"

"Is that what I think it is?" Someone amongst the students whispered.

"They put him in the cupboard!"

"That's child abuse!"

"What the hell, Cathy?" James turned to his sister.

"What?" Cathy looked at her brother with guilt for what her future self seems to have done.

"You put my son in a home where they lock him in the cupboard?"

"Let's not over react maybe he likes it in the cupboard." Cathy defended herself which got her many looks from everyone.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Yeah maybe he just enjoys a minimalistic lifestyle. Also, we don't know his behavior, maybe he's the worst and he deserves it."

"Here he comes, the birthday boy." Petunia said kissing her fat son.

"Happy birthday, son." A very round man on a sofa told his son as he read the morning paper.

"Cook breakfast" Petunia commanded Harry. "And try not to burn anything."

"He's not a house elf!" Sirius shouted.

Other students shouted in agreement over the mistreatment of the young wizard. Cathy just sank deeper into her seat as to try to avoid her brother's glares.

Lily just sat there looking horrified at her sister's treatment of her son.

"Hey." Regulus whispered to Cathy. "It's just the beginning of the film. Maybe you had a good reason to leave him there.

"I hope so." Cathy said. "Because I just come out of this whole thing looking awful."

“Yes, Aunt Petunia.”

“I want everything to be perfect...for my Dudley's special day!” The woman said pinching her sons’ cheeks.

“Hurry up! Bring my coffee, boy.” The fat man ordered.

“Yes, Uncle Vernon.” Harry obeyed. As he brought the coffee to his uncle Petunia showed her son all the presents that were for him.

“Aren't they wonderful, darling?”

“That’s a lot of presents.”

The expression on Dudley’s face was one of uncertainty. “How many are there?”

“Thirty-six.” Vernon said proudly. “Counted them myself.”

“Thirty-six?!” The little fat boy screamed. “But last year I had thirty-seven!”

“But some are bigger than last year's.” Vernon tried to calm his son down.

“I don't care!”

“This is what we're going to do.” Petunia said in a soothing tone. "We're going to buy you two new presents. How's that, pumpkin?”

“What a brat.” Marlene said.

“What kind of parent would spoil a child like that.” Euphemia Potter asked. Cathy, her daughter, looked at her with skepticism. Euphemia turned to her daughter. “What?’

“Nothing.” Cathy said.

The scene changed and Harry and his muggle family were seen getting out of there house and into a dull silver car.

“It should be a lovely day at the zoo.” Petunia’s voice was sounded from the background as she and her son got into the car.

“I'm really looking forward to it.”

As Harry opened the car door to get in, Vernon slammed the door and took him aside. “I'm warning you now, boy.” He threatened with the car keys in his hand. “Any funny business, any at all...and you won't have any meals for a week. Get in.”

“Seems like these muggles are not as nice as some of us claim.” Walburga commented.

Many muggle-born students took offense to this. Several of them started to talk among themselves.

“Funny this muggle family seems to be a lot like mine.” Sirius spoke annoying his parents. “Hypocrisy isn’t a good look on you mother.”

“Silence you swine!” the witch snapped.

“Come up with some better material.” James defended his friend.

“Calm down all.” Professor McGonagall commanded. “Let us fight among ourselves. Someone in the future wanted everyone here to see this to prevent future conflicts, not to create new ones.”

“Well said.” Dumbledore nodded. “Let us keep our opinions and comments to ourselves hmm?”

The scene changed again, this time the family were all in the zoo. Dudley was staring at a giant serpent with a bored look on his face.

“Make it move.” He told his father.

“Move!” Vernon knocked on the display glass.

“Move!” Dudley slammed his fist at the creature.

Many of the Slytherins who smiled at the sight of their House’s symbol felt anger at muggles for their disrespect. The rest of the houses also felt bad for the snake being annoyed by Vernon and Dudley.

“He's asleep!” Harry told his cousin.

“He's boring.” Dudley said as he walked away.

“Boring or not that doesn’t mean you’re in the right to bang on the glass like that.” Dudley stopped and turned around to see a tall dark-haired boy standing next to Harry eating popcorn out of a paper bag.

“Then again it must be easy to disturb a creature like this when you’re safe on this side of the glass. Did you know that boa constrictors don’t have poison in them? They just wrap and coil themselves around fat little boys like you and squeeze until you pop like a zit.”

“Who’s that?” Someone wondered.

“Maybe some weird muggle lad.”

“He’s a bit scary.”

“He looks familiar, doesn’t he?” Fleamont asked.

“Yes.” Euphemia nodded.

“Yeah.” James and Sirius nodded.

Regulus noticed everyone in the Hall discussing who the boy could be. Whether he was someone important to the story or just some random child. The second son of House of Black turned to say something to Cathy Potter when he noticed it. She and the boy looked alike. The shape of their cheeks, chins and foreheads were almost identical to each other.

“Cathy.” He spoke.

“Yeah.” The brunette witch looked at the boy.

Regulus was about to point out the similarities between them when he saw his mother look toward their direction.

“Nothing.”

Dudley looked slightly frightened at the dark way that boy had delivered his information. “Come along, Dudley.” Vernon whispered to his son as he stared at the boy and left Harry with him.

“Sorry about that.” The boy apologized to Harry in a much more cheerful manner. “I don’t people who think they can mistreat animals.”

“Me either.” Harry said.

“Popcorn?” The boy offered to Harry. Harry shook his head.

“No thank you.”

“He’s so polite.” Alice whispered.

“Hard to believe that he’s James’.” Her boyfriend Frank Longbottom replied.

“Ryan.” The boy looked behind him to see a tall man calling out to him. The camera showed him holding hands with two younger girls but cut off at his chest not showing his face. “Come along.”

“I got to go. Bye.” The boy said.

“Bye.” Harry mumbled as the dark-haired boy walked away. His gaze fell back on the serpent and sighed.

“Sorry about my cousin earlier.” Harry told the snake. “He doesn't understand what it's like, lying there...watching people press their ugly faces in on you.”

The snake raised its head and winked at Harry. Harry become very surprised.  “Can you hear me?” the snake wiggled its forked tongue out of his mouth and nodded. “It’s just, I've never talked to a snake before. Do you...? Do you talk to people often? You're from Burma, aren't you? Was it nice there? Do you miss your family?”

“Parselmouth!” Someone from Slytherin shouted. “He’s a parselmouth!”

The entire hall went into a surprise noisy discussion over the new events that transpired. Most were wondering what a parselmouth was while others were discussing the possibility that Harry and his family were the descendants of Salazar Slytherin.

“There’s no way!’ James declared. “I mean our family’s been in Gryffindor for years.”

“That doesn’t necessarily mean that you aren’t Slytherin’s descendants James.” Remus told him. “It just means that you don’t embody his principals and beliefs.”

“Yeah but--”

“Silence!” Dumbledore quieted the hall once again.

The snake pointed its head to the left and showed a sign that said that it had been raised in captivity. “I see. That's me as well. I never knew my parents either.”

“Mummy, Dad, you won't believe what this snake is doing!” Dudley yelled to his parents in excitement. When he got to the display, he elbowed Harry in the ribs and shoved to the floor. Dudley pressed his hand and head against the glass while Harry looked up at his cousin in anger and annoyance.

“Bastard!” James cursed at the boy while others agreed.

In a split second the glass vanished and Dudley fell into the exhibit.

Harry looked surprised while Dudley, completely drenched, looked horrified as the boa constrictor slithered its way out of the cage and into the concrete floor.

“Thanks.” The snaked hissed.

“Anytime.” Harry replied.

“Snake!” someone screamed.

“Mum!” Dudley screamed to his mother when she and her husband came over to the cage. “Mummy! Help me!”

Petunia screamed in fright and horror. “My darling boy! How did you get in there? Who did this? How did you get in there? Is there a snake?”

The entire hall roared with laughter and giggles at the sight if Dudley being trapped behind the glass.

“That’s what you get!”

“Serves him right.” Peter said as he and his group of friends nodded.

Harry smiled and chuckled lightly and the scene. His amusement was sadly cut short at the sight of Vernon’s face glowing bright red in anger.

"It's all right, sweetheart. We'll get you out of these cold clothes.” The scene shifted back to the house and Petunia, with her son wrapped in towels and her arms, led him through their home.

Harry walked in after them and his uncle grabbed him by the hair and shoved him against the door or his cupboard. “What happened?”

“I swear, I don't know!” Harry said through his gritted teeth. “The glass was there and then it was gone, like magic.”

Vernon’s face shifted from rage to fear before returning back to rage. He opened Harry’s cupboard and tossed the by inside. “There's no such thing as magic.” He spat out.

"Rubbish!”

“Twat!”

“Muggle!”

The various names and insults flew that the man cursing at his words and behavior.

The next scene showed the sight of a brown feathered owl flying over the house and dropping an envelope with fluttered down and precisely slipped through the letterbox of the Durley’s door. Harry came in and picked up the letters from the floor and walked slowly back down the hall as he sorted through them.

“It’s his letter.” James squealed with pride and excitement.

At the end was a light brown envelope with a red wax seal. Harry flipped it over and his eyes widened at the sight of the address:

MR. H. POTTER
The Cupboard under the Stairs,
PRIVET DRIVE,
Little Whinging,
SURREY.

“Wait. Did you lot know where he was living?” Cathy asked Dumbledore and the other teachers.

“No Ms. Potter.” Professor Flitwick answered. “The school processes quills that have been charmed to write to the families. There are simply took many letters sent out that writing each one is too difficult to accomplish.”

“That’s right.” Professor McGonagall nodded. “We also have to visit and explain the entire existence of the magical community to those families that are unaware.”

“Would be easier if you didn’t bother with them at all.” Bellatrix said making several other students and some parents nod in agreement.

“Hogwarts was made to educate all children that have a gift for the mystic arts Ms. Black not just those you deem worthy.” The Headmaster said.

“Lestrange.” Bellatrix corrected. “I’m Bellatrix Lestrange now.”

“Good god they’re getting ready to multiple.” Sirius said rubbing the space between his eyes.

Harry handed his uncle the mail without taking his eyes off the letter. Dudley’s eyes stayed on Harry as he saw the boy with the letter.

“Marge is ill. Ate a funny whelk.” Vernon told his wife after reading a postcard from his sister.

Before Harry could sit down, Dudley got up and snatched the letter from his hand. “Dad, look! Harry's got a letter!”

“Hey give it back. It's mine!” Harry declared.

“Yours?” Vernon said incredulously. “Who'd be writing to you?” Petunia joined her husband and son and when they saw that above the sealed wax was the word ‘HOGWARTS’ the two of them had all the color drained from their faces. They looked at each other in fear and then stared at Harry who looked at them confused.

The scene changed and after that another owl was seen flying near the Dudley’s residence. After dropping of the letter, it landed on a nearby television antenna with two other owls. Vernon was next seen picking up three identical letters addressed to Harry and tearing them up.

“How could he do such a thing?” Lily spoke up. “He has no right.”

Harry was in his dark cupboard playing with a toy of a man on a horse when the sounds of a drill disturbed him.

“No more mail through this letterbox.” Harry opened his door slightly and peeked out to see Vernon drilling a plank of wood over the letterbox. Harry just went back into his cupboard without say a thing.

“Do you think that’ll work?” a first year asked.

“Nope.”

The screen next showed more owls landing on the roofs and some had even come down to land on the cars that were parked in the street.

“Have a lovely day at the office, dear.” Petunia kissed her husband.

The screeching of the owls on his car brought a frown to his face. Petunia tapped on her husband’s arm and nodded on the ground where more letters addressed to Harry lay. “Shoo! Go on.” He shouted at the winged creatures.

The next images showed Petunia making an omelet and when she cracked an egg inside of the wet egg white and yolk, a dry envelope was crumbled up inside. Petunia cracked more eggs and found more crumbled up letters. She looked out the window and screamed at all the owls staring at her. Next Vernon was seen tossing the letters into the fireplace one by one. When Harry came into view the man just smiled at the boy and threw the rest of the letters in.

“That’s creepy.” Cathy commented.

“Fine day, Sunday.” The scene had changed to show it was the morning of a new day. Vernon was nibbling on a biscuit with unruly hair looking slightly deranged. “In my opinion, best day of the week. Why is that, Dudley?”

The fat little boy shrugged his shoulders at his father while his mother filled his cup with more milk.

“Because there's no post on Sundays?” Harry answered holding the plate of biscuits.

“Right you are, Harry!” Vernon smiled at the boy. “No post on Sunday No blasted letters today! No, sir. Not one single bloody letter. Not one!” Harry walked toward the window and when he looked outside he saw the countless number of owls flying about.

“No, sir, not one blasted, miserable--" Vernon was cut off when a letter blasted out from the fireplace and flew sharply before his eyes. The fireplace began to rumble and all of a sudden it exploded hundreds of letters at once.

“Wow!”

“Wicked!’ Fabian and Gideon Prewitt said in unison.

“Make it stop, please!” Dudley cried to his mother who held her son defensively. Harry smiled with happiness at the sight before him.

“Stop it!” Vernon cried out.

“Mummy, what's happening?”

Harry jumped up and grabbed one of the letters. He quickly dashed out of the room but Vernon took off after him. “Give me that! Give me that letter!”

“Why didn’t he just pick one from the floor?” Regulus wondered.

“Seems to take after his father stupidity more and more the longer we watch.” Severus said making some laugh.

“Hey!’

Harry tried to open the door to his cupboard but Vernon grabbed him and lifted him up.

“Get off!” Harry shouted. “They're my letters! Let go of me!”

Vernon’s struggle with Harry resulted with the two of them wrestling on the floor. “That's it! We're going away!” Vernon yelled once he pinned both of Harry’s arms behind his back. “Far away, where they can't find us!”

“Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?” Dudley cried.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

995K 24.9K 58
Sirius Black has had his fair share of women in his life, but there was something about her that drove him mad. Maybe it was the similarities in thei...
17.4K 588 30
Y/n Potter and Regulus Black realize that they're not so different after all. Will their friendship be accepted? Maybe, maybe not Will they care? No...
151K 6.3K 64
(Best Ranking: #1 in SNILY, #3 in VOLDEMORT, #6 in ALBUSDUMBLEDORE and #30 in SEVERUS) 2nd place in the Magical Book Awards Severus Snape thought h...
318K 8.3K 21
Mᴄᴜ x Hᴘ Sɪʀɪᴜs ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ᴍᴏᴠɪᴇꜱ: ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀꜱꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴇ- completed ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ - writing ᴀᴠᴇɴɢᴇʀꜱ ᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴜʟᴛʀᴏɴ - x ᴄᴀᴘᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀ...