Am I Home? (Demon Slayer x Fe...

By LizzyMC135

How was it that, as the day began to wind down, you found yourself falling from more than 60ft in the air? No... More

Part 1
Chapter 1: Into the New World
Chapter 2: The Butterfly Estate
Chapter 3: Home Sick
Chapter 4: Mother Tongue
Chapter 5: Recovery
Chapter 6: Bending over Backwards (Heads or Tails?)
Chapter 7: A Hard Path To Follow
Chapter 8: A New Challenge
Chapter 9: Another Form of Hell
Chapter 10: Change of plans
Chapter 11: First Patient
Part 2
Chapter 12: For Some Peace and Quiet
Chapter 13: No, not an Angel
Chapter 14: Not a Tsuguko Either
Chapter 15: The Kamados
Chapter 16: Rehabilitation
Chapter 17: Before You Go
Chapter 18: Lull to Clarity
Chapter 19: Plus One
Chapter 20: Survival of the Fittest
Chapter 21: Enter the Slayer
New Year Special Chapter!
Chapter 22: Excuse Me?
Chapter 23: Road Trip
Chapter 24: Highs and Lows
Chapter 25: We Will Go On
Chapter 26: A Little Something Extra
Part 3

Chapter 27: Too Hot

166 10 6
By LizzyMC135

"Y-you're blades?"

The Kakushi you had cornered stuttered their words.

This only made you squint harder at them.

"Yes, my blades. A Wakizashi and a Yoroi-doshi."

~~~

It had been about a month or so. Tanjiro and yourself were mostly healed up, the last thing to do was to get your blades to start going back on missions.

Since Zenitsu and Inosuke had recovered before you, they already left to go on missions. They stopped by in between said missions to see how the two of you were holding up.

Aoi would complain to them that, even while healing, you ended up falling back into the old routine of checking on other Demon Slayers who were in the wards. She would find you, with your wound reopened and slowly bleeding into your Gi, leaned over a newly admitted patient stitching closed a stab wound.

Frantic, Aoi was quick to drag you away as soon as you snipped off the end of the thread.

It wasn't until Kocho had to reprimand you about resting and waiting for your body to be left with just a scar that you could move about and start training.

Training this time around was interesting, as Kanao was out, the only other person you were left to train with was Tanjiro.

Tanjiro had almost out right refused to train with you.

The glare you sent his way, with a fire burning bright in your eyes, had him stumbling over his words.

Despite being there in person and fighting along side him during the fight with the Upper Moon, Tanjiro's fast movements came to a shock for you. He was quick on his feet, and was fast in predicting your moves. He was by no means faster than Kanao during spars, but he dodged and blocked all your blows.

Your speed had kept Tanjiro on the defense, his arms straining with each blow he took from you.

He's never really sparred with Inosuke, so it was new to him to face a duo wielder. With the two wooden practice swords in your hands, the shortness of them throwing him off.

Being the first time you've sparred together, it was a very new experience for the both of you. As it was then that it started to sink in for Tanjiro, that you were much stronger than he believed you were. He watched as you took a deep breath, your arms moving faster then he could track, as your body moved in a practiced routine to smack the blades together.

You stopped as soon as they made contact, your eyes wide as you looked down at your hands. Sparring with Tanjiro had you taking it seriously. Not that you've taken all of your previous spars with a light heart. But there was something about Tanjiro that spurred you on to want to do your best.

There was smoke drifting from where your wooden training swords met. Tanjiro's nose twitched at the smell of something burning.

Apologetically you raised you hands up towards him. "Sorry Tanjiro-san, I think we'll have to stop here."

Tanjiro was understanding, his soft smile always catching you off guard with the fluttering feeling it gave you. "Don't worry about it (Y/N)-san, we can spar again another day."

You face was flushed as you grinned back at him, giving him a slight bow as you walked (almost sprinted) away.

With the two smoking wooden training swords still in your hands, your mind went back to your Wakizashi and Yoroi-Doshi. You don't remember seeing them at all when you had woken up from your fight with Upper Moon Six. The Kakushi that came to help clear up the destruction should know.

~~~

Stuck in the corner, with no way out as you stood in their path, the Kakushi tried not to cry.

It took you hours to track down a Kakushi that day. You hadn't seen a speck of one, at least until you saw the back of this Kakushi minding their own business turning down one of the many corridors of the estate.

You had practically sprinted towards the Kakushi, giving them a fright (you looked like you were going to tackle them with how fast you approached them.)

This Kakushi, albeit taller than you, was cowering away and trying to squeeze themselves deeper into the corner. Hoping to disappear and that you would leave them alone soon. They knew how some Demon Slayers would act when being told about the condition of their blades. A Demon Slayer wouldn't be who they were without their Nichirin. They've dealt with the angry outbursts of a Hashira when they wouldn't answer as quickly as they wanted them to.

Looking at your face, the Kakushi slightly shook their head. You didn't look like a violent type to them. Actually, they noticed that you had backed off a bit from them. Their body stopped trembling as they watched you.

You couldn't help yourself, you were getting antsy about where your blades where. Getting angry and suspicious of a Kakushi wouldn't do you any good. You could only blame yourself if you've lost your only weapons to fight Demons.

Taking a few more steps back, you bowed to the Kakushi. "I'm sorry about that, I just want to know where my Nichirin Blades are."

Letting out a sigh of relief, the Kakushi straightened their posture as they addressed you, a vague memory of the blades you were talking about. "Were your blades about this size?"

They held up their hands, motioning to how long your blades were. You nodded your head in excitement. "Yes! Were they recovered from the battle at Yoshiwara?"

The reaction that the Kakushi gave you left you both confused and worried.

Their eyes went wide. It was very clear they knew of the blades you spoke of, but their eyes almost felt like they were sparkling.

"How were you able to melt them together?!"

...

"Excuse me?"

"Your Wakizashi and Yoroi-doshi were found fused together! They were still red hot when the other Kakushi found them around where you were picked up." There was an excitement in their voice that you didn't know how to feel about. "Never before had we met a Demon Slayer who's fighting style was strong enough to melt their Nichirin!"

You could practically feel your brain screaming out at you. Comical tears gathering up in your eyes.

You melted your own blades?!

"I melted my weapons?"

The Kakushi tilted their head. "Sorry?"

"Never mind, I'm sorry to have bothered you. Thank you for letting me know."

You dejectedly walked back down the hallway, your head hanging at your ridiculous circumstance. The Kakushi was still there in the corner, their eyes trained on you until you turned down a different hallway.

Tanjiro had the luck to see you slump yourself into the wall of the hallway, muttering something in that other language you spoke.

"Of course, everything was going well."

He watched as you started to trace your finger in random patterns on the wall.

"I trained to defend myself, I passed that scary physical exam, I even found and helped defeat some super high level and ranking Demon with Uzui, Tanjiro and the others."

Tanijro almost jumped back at the suddenness of your fist banging against the wall. Only for you to slide all the way down to squat on the floor with you head against the wall. Tears in your eyes.

"Of course I had to go ahead and melt my only source of protection. How did I even do that? Is that even humanly possible? What if-"

His mind was going in circles trying to figure out what it was that you were saying to yourself. But Tanjiro decided that it would be best to get you up and out of whatever stump you were in.

At the clearing of this throat you sprung up, you cheeks pink in embarrassment of being caught sulking.

"Is everything ok (Y/N)?"

You just about burst into tears again as you grabbed Tanjiro by his shoulders. Shaking him back and forth as you blubbered about.

"Tanjiro! They-They said I melted my Nichirin blades!"

The blank and confused expression left on Tanjiro's face at your words only made you want to sob even harder.

~~~~~

In the end, Tanjiro was able to calm you down.

It turned out that he was actually looking for you. He had an intuitive feeling that you were also dealing with some sort of issue with your Nichirin blades and were in need of getting in contact of your swordsmith.

You were told by him that he was going to travel over to the swordsmith village, as Hagenezuka out right refused to come to the Butterfly Estate to forge him a new katana (Tanjiro decided to not disclose the threatening letters he received from the mentioned swordsmith.) After recalling your first memory of the sword smith, and his short temper (And how he chased Tanjiro around with a knife,) you weren't surprised that it came to this.

The two of you were greeted by two Kakushi outside of the Butterfly Estate.

It was explained to the two of you that they were going to carry the both of you on their backs all the way to the village. As the master of the Demon Slayer Corps had given the both of you permission to enter the village.

You pursed your lips at the thought, being carried by someone else did not feel comfortable to you. But you had no other choice since you needed to get a new set of blades.

Poor Tanjiro.

Where one of your last thoughts, as you watched one of the Kakushi stick a plug in his nose as to stop him from using his sensitive sense to find the location of the village.

The other Kakushi had made sure to double blindfold your eyes. Muttering something about your eyesight being above average much like Tanjiro's nose.

Both Kakushis, before they had plugged your ears up as well, had explained the reasons as to why they had to go out of their way to block your senses.

It was a means that was developed to keep the Swordsmiths and the location of the village a secret. Keeping it safe from any who would dare to pose a danger to it (in this case it was Demons.) It was also common practice that the route, Kakushis and the crows that lead them, were frequently changed.

They even had more complicated methods in order to hide master Ubuyashiki's mansion (that was the first time you heard of the master of the Demon Slayer Corps' name.)

Despite having all but your sense of feeling blocked by the bindings, you made sure to say your thanks every time you felt yourself being passed on to a new Kakushi. You had no doubt that Tanjiro was doing the same thing as the kind soul he was. It made you smile, knowing that you had such a friend in this world that had such a nice and friendly demeanor.

Without being able to keep track of the time, you were blinded by the sudden light as the last Kakushi took off your blindfolds.

The sight of the buildings left you standing in awe. Although you had already seen the buildings while you were out in Yoshiwara, you didn't have a chance to actually appreciate them (Being too busy trying to find your brother's wives after all.) There was something refreshing about seeing these buildings built up between large boulders.

Tanjiro was quick to voice his own awe, even going out of his way to state how it smelled like hot springs. Only to have the last pair of Kakushi who brought you to the village to confirm that there was, in fact, a hot spring by the village. One of the Kakushi was already making their way out of the village while the second one directed the both of you to where the chief was waiting to greet you.

After a very loud thank you from Tanjiro, and a more tamed one from you, you began your walk into the village. You were blindly following Tanjiro, as you couldn't help your eyes but wander over all the housing and workshops. Architecture wasn't your forte, but that never stopped you from appreciating any craftsmanship. Tanjiro had to grab onto your hand at one point as you had stopped walking in order to stare at another building.

Too soon you were seating in front of a very small man, he seemed elderly, but the *hyottoko he wore made it hard to discern his age. In fact, you found out that everyone in the village wore a hyottoko (as seen from the two large men that flanked the elder's side.)

"Greetings. I'm the Chief of this village - Tecchin Tecchikawahhara. Nice to meet ya."

You couldn't take you eyes away from the Hyottoko masks that they wore.

"I'm the town's smallest and most esteemed person. So esteemed that you should bow til your head touches the tatami mat."

Both you an Tanjiro bowed, but your eyes widened at the thud of Tanjiro shamelessly letting his head hit the tatami mat while you did it in a more gentle manner for yourself.

The rest of the greeting was kept short. As it was explained that Haganezuka had disappeared, and that as soon as they had found him they would bring him back down right away and have a new sword forged for Tanjiro. 

He was guided out as you were motioned to stay seated.

"Enter Isshin Ashina." The village Chief called out, and suddenly you were now sitting across from your swordsmith.

"Ashina-san! It has been a while, I hope you are well." You greeting him with a bow.

Except now as you rose your head from the bow, both Ashina, the village Chief, and all the other villagers in the room were now sitting very close to you.

"We heard what had happened to your blades."

Your eyes widened at their proximity and cringe back at the same time as their words registered in your brain.

Right, your melted blades.

In front of you, you watch as your swordsmith, Chief, and other villagers began to discuss about your predicament.

"A usual forging is between 815C and 1148C (1500F-5100F)."

"Then what does that mean for the Slayer?"

"That means Demon Slayer (Y/N) was moving and using her blades in such a way that heated up her blades over 800C."

Like a shock to your spine, you sat up at their words. You hit your blades with enough force to make it that hot upon contact? You could practically feel your soul leaving your body as this revelation left you dumbfounded.

From the side, one of the villagers were quick to notice you, as the others began to discuss what to do with forging your new blades.

They were about to help you out of the room when Ashina rushed to your side.

"Wait!"

Startled out of your stupor, your eyes were wide as space was no longer given to you.

Ashina had come super close to grabbing your arm, a wild energy radiating off of him.

"I will require to take more in depth measurements of you and your fighting style in order to forge you even better baldes!"

There was a hum of agreement from the others behind Ashina. It was clear that they did not expect you to melt your blades (nor did anyone else to be honest.)

It wasn't a surprise when you were then dragged out of the room by who seemed to be a female villager (this confirmed the thought you had about all of them wearing the Hyottoko masks.)

You were told to strip from your clothes and allow the female villager to take your measurements. The embarrassment from showing your bare body didn't come as strongly as it would have been if this was months ago.

Learning and living in the Butterfly Estate, and growing to learn more about the culture here, you had become more comfortable in your skin. It wasn't like you were showing it to a guy, and really, this had to be done in order for you to get your new Yoroi-doshi and Wakizashi.

The most you felt, was awkward as the villager started to measure your thighs and biceps. Was all of this really necessary for you to get more resilient blades?

By the time you actually thought about that, the female villager was already done with her work. Giving you a slight pat on the back to let you know you can put some clothes back on. She ended up taking also handing you another set of clothes, a Gi that was very different from the ones from the Butterfly Estate. This one was of a much softer material and had a more festive looking design on it.

You were then directed to outside and up a hill, you could only assume that that was where they wanted you to go. Walking through a forest with the signs as your only direction gave you some time to think to yourself.

How long would it take for them to forge you your blades?

Maybe not as long as Tanjiro you think, since they need to find his swordsmith first.

Where were you headed anyway?

You question was answered as you reached the top of the hill. Steam was wafting in the air from the hot springs that you faces.

Looking around, you seemed to be the only person here.

Was there no division between genders for this spring?

You guessed not, but seeing as you were the only one here, you might as well get in assuming that the villager that directed you this way was for you to relax and wash up before the next day.

________________________________________________________________________

* I can't remember if I've explained what a Hyottoko was, so here is the description once more. A Hyottoko is a comical Japanese character, portrayed through the use of a mask. His mouth is puckered and skewed to one side. Hyottoko (hi - fire, otoko - man) is regarded as the god of fire in some areas of northern Japan, and it's mask is worn to bring good luck to families of deceased people. It is also commonly worn as they are connected to a ceremonial dance in Iwate prefecture - a place known for it's history in the iron industry. This is why you can see all the swordsmiths wearing Hyottoko masks in Demon Slayer.

Taisho Secrets!

- I thought it would be super funny if (Y/N)'s blades ended up melting together, but thinking about how much heat that was formed with the amount of force and light created with each of her breathing techniques, it just makes sense for that to happen. (That and I needed some sort of reason for her to be involved in the swordsmith village arc.)

- Tanjiro couldn't really help but feel butterflies in his stomach the whole time he was sparring with (Y/N.) Me too Tanjiro, strong women are admirable and beautiful

- Looking back, (Y/N) was wondering where they had taken Tanjiro when she was left there to deal with the super curious villagers about the forging of her blades

- This chapter was going to be a lot longer, but I think i ended it on a good note, as the next chapter will have some more fun things for both (Y/N) and you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.7K 114 27
// Honestly, I finished the manga and I'm trying to remember things as I go so I'm sorry peeps. \\ Rengoku has a past that you are fairly aware of si...
307 2 20
It was a peaceful day at the Kamado's home, with Tanjiro Kamado is getting coal with his friend Tai Yamazato. As they got back from selling coal, the...
54.3K 1.5K 23
"Do you promise...?" "I promise..." Y/n, less than a quater demon, and more human then not, has been alone most of his entire life. Besides the Kamad...
473K 11.7K 65
⚠️NSFW⚠️ "𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛." >>In which you are...