Chapter 15: The Kamados

Now, there was always something you knew was bound to happen during your time helping the Slayers with their recovery.

Especially when Tanjiro (the protagonist) and his fellow Slayers were admitted to the Butterfly Estate. 

It happened in the middle of the night, and you had awoken to go relieve yourself when you heard a sound on your way back to your room. It was coming from one of the spare rooms and you couldn't help yourself from being curious.

Tip-toing your way across the hall, you leaned your ear against the door. It sounded like there was something tumbling around the floor. Gulping, you slowly opened the door, your sense of danger gone out the window as you were met with the sight of a young girl. She looked up at you from her spot on the floor, her bright pinks eyes staring.

"Oh!" Startled by her, you legs wobbled and you gripped onto the door. She gave out what sounded like a hum as she pushed herself up. It was then that you noticed she had some sort of muzzle on. Your eyes went wide at the sight, only remotely relaxing when your tired mind remembered who it was standing before you.

"Hi Nezuko," Your voice was soft as you spoke to her. "My name is (Y/N), it's nice to meet you." Nezuko blinked at you for a moment before coming to some sort of conclusion. You could only watch as she approached you and leaned up to pat the top of your head. 

Your hands reached out to take a lock of her hair. It was curious how her change was mostly apparent in her hair with the now orange coloured ends. After that it was her nails and then her eyes. 

Sleep now long forgotten as you had sat down with Nezuko, as she had finished patting your head and resumed to rolling on the floor (much like what she was doing earlier before you opened the door.)

At some point she rolled into you from where you were sitting. She just kind of... stayed there glued to your side. Your hands had minds of their own as they moved to cart through her hair like you would with your younger cousins back home. You could feel yourself relaxing as you continued your ministrations, Nezuko humming for a bit before falling silent.

~~~~~

It was an hour or two later when the door to the room was opened slowly.

Tanjiro had gotten out of bed in the middle of the night to check up on his sister. He was worried about her like he usually was, and had made it a habit to check on her any time he had the chance too.

At the sight of you with a sleeping Nezuko on the floor did his heart leap up his throat.

You had told him and Zenitsu that you were scared of Demons, and that you weren't sure how you would react as you'd never seen one before in your life. It made him worry about how the two of you would be around each other.

For a moment, it was quiet in the room. Tanjiro let out a sigh before holding his breath once more as your hand moved once more overtop of Nezuko's head. 

His hand was on his chest to still his beating heart as you moved around. The Kamado watched as your body stilled, some muttering came from you as you peacefully started back up your calming motions to Nezuko. He was unable to hear what you were saying to her as she slept, and even if he were to strain his ears there was no chance of him understanding you as you were not speaking Japanese.

He couldn't help the way his heart softened as Tanjiro witnessed how comfortable the both of your were even after meeting for the first time.

At this he did his best to keep silent as he closed the door, leaving with a quite greeting that you didn't notice as he left to go back to bed.