Chapter 26: A Little Something Extra

After sustaining such serious and life threatening wounds, you would find yourself a few hours a week being pulled back and forth between Uzui and his wives whenever they came to visit.

Turns out that you didn't have to lift a foot out of the Butterfly estate to start your plan. Upon hearing the news that you had finally woken up, Uzui had practically sprinted out of his estate. He was lucky he didn't trip and fall flat on his face thanks to his wives, as they scampered out of the house just as fast as he did at the news.

Their gratefulness to you was bountiful. Knowing that you were there with him while they were away and working undercover. Hinatsuru was the most gentle with you, her smile had you feeling warm. You could practically see flowers floating around her with how kind she was. Whereas the energy that came off of Suma and Maiko reminded you of your younger cousins you used to visit. 

They were extremely playful and loving, and you couldn't help but think if this is what it would be like if you had older sisters.

"(Y/N)" It was hard to look at Uzui and not let your gaze drift over to his missing eye. Your heart heavy with self-blame. That feeling was swiftly thrown away at the dazzling grin on Uzui's face. "Your breathing style was just as flambouyant as I thought it would be!"

Of course that would be the first thing that Uzui said to you. No 'How are you?' 'How are you feeling?' 'How bad are your injuries?' He just went right in about how flashy your breathing style was.

Having the time to think about it now, as his one hand gripped your shoulder, where did this style come from?

Uzui was pushed to the side by an energetic Maiko.

You tried and failed to hold in a laugh as Uzui almost stumbled to the floor. Only being caught last minute by Suma.

"Maiko! Watch what you're doing! You almost hurt Tengen!" Suma was loud as she yelled at Maiko, tears already forming in her eyes as she latched onto Uzui's side. 

Maiko, already had her arms wrapped around your shoulders, shaking you side to side. She was quick to be scolded by Hinatsuru at the sight of your grimace. Your chest was still tender, prone and at risk to tear again easily. Maiko softened up her movement, albeit only a tiny bit, but enough that you no longer felt uncomfortable.

"You're just so cute (Y/N)! Where did Uzui find you?"

You mind drew a blank as you looked to Uzui, who was just chilling, sitting there with Suma rubbing her face on his bicep.

"(Y/N) was the one who approached me!" His smile was dazzling as he recounted how excited you were to meet another person who could speak English. At that thought, you turned to give Maiko your attention.

"Maiko-san, do you also speak English?" The woman practically huffed hot air out of her nose. "You should be calling me big sister! No need for formalities between family!" Your heart melted at both her words and silly antics. Maiko kind of reminded you of someone. Actually, all of Uzui's wives reminded you of people that you knew, but you couldn't quite put your finger on who exactly.

"I'd like to get to know more about all of you before I feel like I can call you my sisters though." You head slumped. Meeting new people drained you, and Maiko's energy was just too much for your recovering body to handle.

In a (stumbled) flash, Uzui had pulled Maiko away with his one hand. Suma now hugging Uzui from behind while Hinatsuru stood beside him. "Alright little sis! We'll be heading out and will be coming back again in a few days to check up on you!"

You could only blankly wave them goodbye as you watch Uzui lose his balance a few times as he  walked out with his three wives.

Considering that Uzui is now retired, there was no reason for him to visit the Butterfly Estate. Thinking of it, he must only come here to visit you and see how you've been fairing. It forever warmed you to know how much Uzui cares for you, and by default now his wives. You want to make them proud, you want to get to know them just as you've told them. Having a family here... Would mean the world to you.