Epiphany

By hp_simp_37

Epiphany ~ (n.) a moment that you suddenly feel that you understand or suddenly become conscious of something... More

introduction
Marauders era
Golden trio era
1976
Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone
Drowning
LEFT
ALL ALONE
FAMILY BONDING
LIVING WITH THE DURSLEYS
STARTING OVER
GROWING UP
Growing up (part 2)
LETTER
TRAIN RIDE
FIRST WEEK
HALLOWEEN
Going Home

THE SORTING

2.7K 84 5
By hp_simp_37

Ext. outside

"First years this way, First years Follow meh,...." Following the giant man's voice helped Harry get to a lake with a lot of little boats. "only four a boat" yelled the giant once again. Harry ended up in a boat with Draco, Daphne and Neville. "I see you found Neville" pointed Draco out with a wave to Neville. Harry quickly introduced Daphne to Neville, but was shocked to silence when Hogwarts came into his view. Everyone was mesmerised by the proud standing castle.

Many of the occupants in the hall were once again awed by the great sight of the legendary castle they called Hogwarts. Thinking back to when they saw it for the first time and how magical it was.

"Get down" ordered the friendly giant snapping the first years out of their thoughts. Harry helped Daphne out of the boat, like a gentleman should. When you see the castle from nearby it is even more spectacular. They were taking to a small room, where they were told to wait. "Harry, where are you? I have been searching for you the whole train ride. Don't be dumb and come join your best friend." Screamed Harry's supposed best friend. Harry not wanting to be seen hid behind Theo, while his friends laughed at him not helping the situation. Luckily Ron's search was interrupted by the ghost scaring most of the occupants of the room. When the ghost were gone, Ron continued with his task in the process pushing a girl named Parvati. " Young man, that is no way to behave. I will let you know that we respect each other here at Hogwarts. You will be serving detention with Filch tomorrow evening." Said a strict looking teacher.

"Now for the rest of you, Welcome to Hogwarts" she turned her attention to the rest of the first years. "'The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses.

The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory and spend free time in your house common room. 'The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards.

While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honour. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours.

'The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting.' Explained McGonagall, turning around and leaving again.

"That was the exact same speech you gave us." Yelled Remus out. "And ours" added Regulus. Other people from different years chimed in saying it was the same as theirs too. "if it is successful why change it" stated the professor

While Ron was throwing a temper tantrum about how it was unfair that he got attention, the rest murmured excitedly about the upcoming school year. After a few minutes McGonagall returned. "Form a line and follow me please" ordered the strict looking professor. Marching up to the doors of the great hall, she turned around once more "one more thing, my name is professor McGonagall and welcome to the next seven years of your life." Opening the doors, she began striding again.

"Bit dramatic weren't you Minnie." Announced Astra, causing giggles around the hall.

The professor grabbed a scroll and began calling out names.

"Abbot Hannah"
"Hufflepuff"
"Brown Lavender"
"Gryffindor"
"Patil Parvati"
"Gryffindor"
"Longbottom Neville"

"I bet he is going to be in Gryffindor" said Frank betting 3 galleons. "No he is going to be in Hufflepuff" countered Alice. Everyone began betting on where Neville would end up. The majority said that he would end up in Hufflepuff

"Hufflepuff"
"Malfoy Draco"
"Granger Hermione"
"Ravenclaw"
"Greengrass Daphne"
"Slytherin"
"Nott Theodore"
"Slytherin"
"Zabini Blaise"
"slytherin"

When all of Harry's friends got sorted in their respective houses it was finally his turn.

"Potter Harry" hearing his name everyone quiet down, they began whispering and gossiping and he wasn't even sorted yet. Walking to the chair Harry could feel the tension rising. His mind was going a thousand miles an hour but it got stuck on one "I will always love you". To his mom it didn't matter where he got sorted, what mattered was that he felt like he belonged. With a new found confidence he strode to the hat. "Hmmm, what do we have hear. You have quite a mind on you Harry." Whispered the hat in his head. "Very clever with a good head on his shoulders, got that from your mom Lily. And loyal to no end, I would not want to be the one to cross. Cunning like a snake but brave like a lion. You fit all the houses, where do you want to go?" asked the hat. "Where I would fit in the best, I don't mind every house has its good qualities." Answered Harry. "my my it has been quite some time that I got an opinion like that. Let me see,.... Ah I know better be"

"Wait pause, I want to bet" interrupted Barty. "Barty you dimwit are you focking serious right now." Groaned out an annoyed Regulus. "Don't you dare Sirius" threatened Snape knowing what he wanted to say. Sirius just pouted at that. "Yesss, I am. I bet Harry is going to be a Gryffindor." Declared Barty. "You are so wrong Barty, he is obviously going to be a Slytherin." Countered Evan. "We are in on that" announced the prewet twins. "I am with Barty on this one." Said Astra. "If you all just shut the fuck up we can find out." Said a grumpy Snape.

"SLYTHERIN"

Molly interrupted the cheering of the rest with her screeching, yelling that Harry was evil and that he should be put in Azkaban. "Don't talk about my brother like that, you skank. He is and will always be better than a mother who abandoned her kids just because they didn't agree on her ideology about the world." Yelled George. Having enough of the women who he once called his mother. Molly tried to curse George but was not fast enough and was hit with four spells instead, getting knocked out.

With that the whole Slytherin table began cheering, Harry happily walked to his family for the next seven years. Taking a seat next to Draco, he couldn't be happier. They could eventually eat their hearts desire, everything you could ever wish for was there. After the meal, Dumbledore stood up to give a final speech. "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts, I hope you all enjoyed the wonderful food that was given to you. We welcome back old and new faces and old and new rules. With that said I would like to remind everyone that the forbidden forest is still forbidden and that from now on the third corridor also forbidden is. Any person who enters this corridor shall face a painful death. Have a lovely night children." And with that he was off.

While Harry was following the prefect to their common room, he was getting tired. All the excitement of the day wearing of. "This our entrance to the common room, to enter you need to have a password. The password changes every month so be prepared and look at the noticeboard regularly. The password for this month is Mortis consius." Explained the prefect when they arrived at the painting. "Welcom in the Slytherin common room" stepping inside was like entering another world, everything was so rich and elegant.

Swooping in seconds later was Professor snape, with his cape bellowing behind him he came to a stop. Mom always did say he had a dramatic flare. "I am your head of house and potions professor, professor Snape. Now that you are in Slytherin house you will be belittled we are seen as the evil house. Because of that we must be a united front, that means that whenever you have a problem with a fellow slytherin you must solve it within the walls of the slytherin common room. I don't want my charges to get in trouble, so when you do something stupid make sure you don't get caught. My office is always open for those who seek my assistance, when I am not there you can ask your prefects for help. Now go to sleep, you have a long day ahead of you."

"You seem like a great teacher, sev." Complimented Narcissa "yeah, you always did love kids. It seems like you care about them." Agreed Regulus. Snape thanked them with a wry smile, grateful for realising his dream of teaching. 

HII 
WOW, i am on a roll today no stopping me apparantly
So i hope you loved reading this chapter, i could always use some feedback. 
So feel free to say if something is bad are if you want to add something 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

133K 5.9K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းကတစ်ယောက်နှင့်တစ်ယောက်မတည့်တဲ့ကောင်လေးနှစ်ယောက်ကအလှလေးတစ်ယောက်ကိုအပြိုင်အဆိုင်လိုက်ကြရာက မိဘတွေရဲ့အတင်းအကြပ်စီစဉ်ပေးမှုကြောင့်တစ်ယောက်အပေါ...
16.7K 368 5
What if The Mikaelson's have another sister? Nova Mikaelson, older twin of Klaus . She hasn't seen her family in over 2 centuries... . What if the...
5.3K 170 4
In which 4 teens gets sucked into a game and learns to survive together. (TeenWolf x JUMANJI) (Stilinski!oc x Isaac Lahey)
7.5K 135 9
Remus Lupin was married. Not many people knew. Why? Because Remus is a werewolf and the ministry would have taken his wife and daughter away from him...