The Devil is in the Details (...

By SiddiquiY

The beauty of life is living it, what makes life fun is the secrets held within it. Amelia's life has always... More

Being a Lucifer
Secrets
Rival
Shadow
Support
Bet
Royal
Who Is It?
Fighter
Gathering of the Strong
Bringing Hell
Burn
Twist and Turn
Sweet
The Distrusted
Guardian
Deceived
Desperate
Distance
Hatred
Fight For Me
Let's Dance
Our Moment
Betting on love
Insufferable
Hidden Enemies
To New Beginnings (Finale Part 1)
To New Beginnings (Finale Part 2)
Extra ;)

Truce

47 4 0
By SiddiquiY

"Can I be the one to shoot him?" 

Two men crouched on a ceiling, using the setting sun which shone from behind them as a disguise as they peered down the sunroof of the building. 

"Hell no, this is my moment!" One whisper/shouted at the other, causing him to roll his eyes. 

They had one sniper rifle between them, one sentence of instruction given, one target. 

"This isn't fair, you know how long it's been since I've shot a gun?" 

"Exactly! You're out of practice and this is something we can't fuck up. Now watch, he's going to be like, 'you have one week!'" 

They slid the sunroof window open gently, ensuring they didn't make a sound and thankful that the ceiling was high enough that it was unnoticed but not far enough away to prevent them from hearing Micheal Fowkes, the leader of the wealthiest street fighting organisers shout, 

"You have one week!" 

The one hidden man looked to the other, his face- although mostly covered- screaming, 'I told you so,' as they continued to listen. 

"I want Prince to disappear. Like hell will I let the Lucifers gain another victory from us! NOW SCRAM!" 

As much as the two tried to stifle their laughter at Micheal's choice of wording, Micheal's two other members with him didn't have the luxury of feeling anything but fear. They turned around, ready to complete their orders when suddenly,

BANG.

They looked back to see the body and blood of Micheal Fowkes who was the leader of the wealthiest street fighting organisers, spread all across the floor. 

"And that is how it's done."

"Oh shut the fuck up, let's get out of here!"

-Prince-

"So? What did you say?" 

Amelia and I were sitting on her couch, my arm around her, enjoying her scent as she snuggled in closer to my chest. We were supposed to be watching a movie but at some point, we muted it as we conversed, losing ourselves in our talk. 

I was telling her about what happened between Francis and me after the encounter I had with Isabella. In fact, if there was anyone I'd want to tell about these events, it could have only been her. 

I thought back to my response to Francis as I answered her, "I told him that I wanted my family back too. But as much as that's the case, we can't ignore that there's some resentment still here and we should take our time to come to terms with that before I go in to play fight him," 

I didn't realise I had unconsciously zoned into the TV to look away from Amelia and I didn't look back at her until I heard her chuckle. 

I loved her face, her expressions and how gentle they were. 

"Wow, a mature response coming from you? I almost can't believe it!" I let my face deadpan at her reply. 

"I'm gonna kill you," She stuck her tongue out to taunt me, knowing I couldn't harm her even if I wanted to. 

Regardless, I leaned in, acting as if I was going to bite her tongue, making her retract it quickly, but I took that chance to bite something else instead. 

I gently held her lower lip between my teeth as my arms positioned her more comfortably towards me before I pushed my lips against hers. I had plans spiralling around in my mind as I deepened our kiss. I wanted to get started, I wanted to feel her closer to me than she already was but-

The intercom went off. 

We quickly pulled away from each other. Quickly exchanging a look to say that neither of us planned to have anyone over before we both got up to open the door. I stood behind Amelia, far enough to not look suspicious but close enough to grab and pull her away if it was something dangerous. 

When she did open the door though I was caught in a place between the two. 

"Uncle Xavier! Uncle Zack! Uncle Jake! What are you guys doing here?" Amelia greeted the three, exchanging hugs while I made sure to act formally towards the two I was less familiar with and acting like a soldier towards Xavier who still hadn't forgiven me for being late yesterday. 

Amelia was about to introduce me to Zack and Jake when suddenly a nasty grin spread across Xavier's face as he leaned on the doorway and said to the two, "Boys that's the good-for-nothing that I told you about, Prince, and can you believe Amelia's dating him?" 

I don't know why I had a little internal panic as he said that. I didn't know yet how influential these guys were to Amelia's family and how they would react to-

"Amelia you're dating a good-for-nothing?" Jake asked, putting an almost concerned look on his face. 

I had to save this, I thought, "This is a misunderstandin-" I was about to begin when suddenly Zack slammed both his hands on her shoulders and excitedly exclaimed, 

"I'm so proud of you! I always knew you were your uncle's little girl!" 

The three of them laughed as they headed inside while I stood there as confused as I think I ever will be in my life. 

-

"Uncle Jake is my father's twin brother and Uncle Zack is my mother's brother-in-law." 

I nodded back at Amelia's explanation as she finished around the tea and cups to be taken into the living room where the three men sat. "Wait, I thought Dominic only had a brother," I started but got it mid-sentence, "Oooh" 

Amelia chuckled back, "Yeah," 

"He's also the CEO of a large gaming company," 

She told me more as we walked together back into the room where I was feeling a lot more comfortable now. These guys acted my age despite how old they really were and the secret fact that they were all a part of a huge gang when Dominic was in her prime street fighting age made them all the more interesting to me. 

"By the way, no offence, but why are you guys dressed like that?" Amelia asks towards who I could confidently assume were Zack and Jake. 

They had both come in wearing fully black clothes, long sleeves and carrying duffle bags. I thought they were just into some messy streetwear but I guess not. 

Zack's eyes seemed to gleam as he leaned forward and said, "We killed a guy," 

It was clear he was joking though so we all laughed along with him. 

"We're sorry for the rough looks but hey, I can promise to look better though when Demonic comes back tomorrow," 

My eyes widened at that news. I hadn't expected her to come back so soon and had thought she would be gone for a couple of weeks. When I turned to  Amelia though, she didn't look surprised like I had and instead looked like she already knew. 

It wasn't a bother though, that meant that I'd be able to train with her again and that was a thought I was really excited about. 

But, just as I let an excited grin form on my face-

"You better wipe that grin off your face Prince, just because I'm not training you anymore doesn't mean you've got it off easy."

His tone almost made me want to shout, 'Yessir'.

"Who said I wanted it to be easy?" I responded to which he scoffed back at me playfully but it seemed that I still didn't know what I was getting myself into. 

I watched Jake pick up his cup of tea before sighing, "Ah, I remember having to train with Dominic," 

"Tell me about it," Zack replied. 

This caught me by surprise because I didn't know they had that history, but that made me all intrigued. 

"Go on guys, tell Prince how it was like training under Demon," Xavier tells them. I found myself eager for their answer at this stage. But they turned to me with solemn faces and at the same time said,

-"Hell," 

-"Hell,"

"You'll wish you were never born," 

"You'll regret your whole life,"

"You'll experience a type of pain you've never felt before," 

"It'll leave you traumatised,"

"Scarred," 

"Imagine PTSD-," 

"-But NO THERAPY WILL HELP YOU!" 

What the fuck have I gotten myself into?

Despite being shaken by the shoulders by Zack at the point as he tells me about more cruel things he had to endure. My eyes catch a glimpse of Amelia and suddenly their warnings fly passed me. 

Watching her laugh along at the jokes, her eyes shining, her body comfortable, even more than usual, she seemed to be beaming with joy and I was enchanted by the sight of her. 

I wasn't sure how long I was in my daze, it must have been a couple of seconds I'm sure, but when I snapped back, I was no longer being talked at and Zack and Jake were smirking at Amelia while Amelia shook her head laughing back at them slightly embarrassed. 

"What happened?" I asked, which made the two look back at me, 

"Oh nothing, Mr. 'Good-for-nothing', you're perfect." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.2K 1.3K 78
Amelia Davis never thought she would be a divorce, and a single mom by the age of thirty. Like any girls, her dream was to get married have kids and...
59.8K 860 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...
43 16 19
Ana has spent her entire life fighting for herself. After a series of tough decisions, she ends up working for a security agency where, for the most...
1.1M 14.1K 20
Status: [ Ongoing ] Warning: Lots of mature content and strong language ahead. Read at your own risk. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. ...