At A Master's Shadow(Book 1 A...

By Iza_Achell

If you are known to be the weakest of your kind in a world of magic mixes with futuristic technology, then wi... More

The Enchanter's Era:Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Mythrecanian witch
Chapter 2: Train to Velgar University
Chapter 3: Welcome to Velgar University
Chapter 4: New Roomies
Chapter 5: New school, New enemy
Chapter 6: The Talk
Chapter 7: Isaac Sharpe
Chapter 8: Thoughts
Chapter 9: The Sentries and the War Maker
Chapter 11: The First Lessons
Chapter 12: Silent Panic
Chapter 13: The Display in the Sky
Chapter 14: Secrets
Chapter 15: Train Like A Defender
Chapter 16: An Accidental Spell Breakout
Chapter 17: Take A Break
Chapter 18: Hidden School Oasis
Chapter 19: The Explanation
Chapter 20: The Mystery Messenger
Chapter 21: The Hunch
Chapter 22: Lessons Even Further
Chapter 23: At The Book Chambers
Chapter 24: Durkragn
Chapter 25: The Gathering
Chapter 26: Plans For The Jailbreak
Chapter 27: The Troubles of The Prophecy
Chapter 28: Route To Score
Chapter 29: The Aftertest
Chapter 30: Concerns
Chapter 31: Beginning Of The Awakening
Chapter 32: Answers
Chapter 33: Jailbreak
Chapter 34: The Return
Chapter 35: Unsure Destiny
Chapter 36: Holding Decisions
Chapter 37: Dark Whispers
Chapter 38: Test Preparations
Chapter 39: Mythrecanian Test
Chapter 40: A Tentional Favor
Chapter 41: When News Hits Widely
Chapter 42: The Outskirts' Actions
Chapter 43: The Afternoon Activity
Chapter 44: Deal Of The Devil
Chapter 45: Defenders And Soulsters
Chapter 46: Much Needed Concentration
Chapter 47: Considering The Mythrecanian Witch
Chapter 48: Time To See Your Limitations
Chapter 49: The Fault of Doubts
Chapter 50: Outrage
Chapter 51: Argument
Chapter 52: Knowing The Story
Chapter 53: Thief In The University
Chapter 54: The Wild Chase

Chapter 10: My Master?

24 2 0
By Iza_Achell

Chapter 10: My Master?

On a Friday morning, the girls were walking down a stony pathway on the blissful and vibrant school garden covered with beautiful flowers with a summer breeze blowing through their hair, and butterflies fluttering through the treetops. They were enjoying their walk on recess when they accidentally bumped into a person that they don't wanna see.

"Avery!" The girls exclaimed.

"Agh, you four again!" Avery grumbled.

"What are you doing here?" Phoebe asked.

"Well since you asked, I'm here for a stroll. Why do you care?"

"It's curiosity, we don't care about you, ever...!" Harriet uttered.

Avery just rolled her eyes. "Anyways, how's the fitting-in situation? Any luck clearing your name Cassandra? Avery said with a smirk in her face.

"She got her identity dirty because of you, Avery!" Penny exclaimed.

"Oh really? What a pleasure for me to do so."

"Enough, Avery, I had it with you! If you mess with me and my friends, I will—"

"You'll what? Create another earthquake? Ha, good luck, the last time I remember you screwed up."

"She screwed up because she haven't control her powers yet!" Penny exclaimed.

"Pfft, bid deal," Avery scoffs.

While the girls argued, Cassandra took a step back with her head down. She remembered what she have done on Monday at the cafeteria, fearing that she could do it again and might harm her friends.

Just then Professor McPhee walked in, stopping the quarrel. "Enough of this girls! Ms. Herren, Ms. Hox, Ms. Clarke, and Ms. Ohure, I will see you all at the guidance office! Professor McPhee exclaimed, directing them to the building with her finger up pointing. "While you Ms. Meldyr, Dean Duchess wants to see you alongside with someone that might help you in your magic troubles."

"Oh? Okay then?" Cassandra responded, nervously.

Later, Professor McPhee led Cassandra to the dean's office. She took a deep breath as she opened the big wooden double doors and entered. Cassandra walked down slowly in the dark hall that was only lit up by small lanterns and candles sitting on the walls, her knees trembling, the office was giving her a chilly vibe then after a short walk through the bone-chilling surrounding, she finally made it. There she sees the dean sitting at her table.

Then Dean Duchess told Cassandra to sit down, she does what she says.

She was feeling a bit nervous about what the dean has to say to her.

"I know how hard it is for you to master your abilities," the dean said.

"Uhmm, yeah?" Cassandra answered.

"Well there is a good news for you because we found you master to train with."

"A master? So you did go with your former plan."

"Yes I did."

"But how is this gonna work? I mean there's never been a master-way of teaching since the Predominant era and that was three hundred years ago. You're sure about this? Like I could've gone studying with the others, should I go solo with this one?"

"Apparently you are..." a man's voiced echoed through the room.

Cassandra turned her attention to the left side of the shadowy corner where just then the man stepped out of the shadows, it was Isaac Sharpe!

"Apparently the situation that you are in is a master-apprentice learning," said by Isaac.

"Meaning?" Cassandra asked Isaac.

"Meaning that you are indeed learning solo with your new master," the dean answered.

Cassandra looked at dean then at her new master, she was seeming anxious about the idea.

Isaac turns his gaze to his new apprentice, she looked very puzzled at that moment. It took him a minute to felt Cassandra being unsure with this kind of learning.

He absorbs the new mythrecanian witch by just looking at her gestures. For him Cassandra look like the last mythrecanian holder even though she wasn't a natural born mythrecania.

He saw her having full of potential yet mostly close-minded. It might be tricky for him to teach this particular enchanter after all millennials like her are often stubborn in old-school learning. Isaac isn't that old, he just seems to be in a jam with this job.

After a minute of scanning his student's personality, Isaac finally explains to Cassandra that her learning would be different than others.

Soon after a short while, Cassandra exited the office followed by her new master, she turns to the man exchanging glances. They both stared at each other with serious expressions. Cassandra's was stubborness while Isaac's showed liked he is not going to give an ease in the training.

What it seems to be an endless staring contest was only ended when Isaac blinked. "Alright I'd admit you're strong," Isaac said.

"Thank you, Master Sharpe. I'll also gotta admit you're not quite the old grumpy master sorcerer that I'd imagined you would be."

"Thanks...excuse me?"

"What I meant was that your not an old beardy looking wizard holding a some sort of magical staff or something that I'd expected."

"I..."

"I mean who still does..." Cassandra turn her attention to her master who looked unamused.

"Well to be honest those kind of a wizardry form died out hundred of years ago. But let's just say that I am kinda like them but without the old-fashioned looks."

"So my training is going to be hard?"

"Yep, now anyways since you already know that I'll be teaching you from now on I just want to give you information that your training is held at the North wing of the university. You got that?" 

"Yup."

"Now your class time starts at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. so make sure you won't be late."

"Seriously that long?"

"Sorry we're talking mythrecanian learning here, missy, so it needs a long process of training."

Cassandra's jaw dropped looking baffled and speechless at the same time, not believing that it would be this torturing.

"Okay if that is settled. I will be heading off to the teacher's quarters now if you'll excuse me, I'll be seeing you on Monday. It is good to know you, Ms. Meldyr, goodbye." Saying that, he turns to his opposite direction and walked away.

Cassandra watches her master shrunked through the distance in the corridors and at that moment she knew that she would be taking lessons way beyond her understanding.

Later, when Cassandra arrived at her quarters, she found her friends sitting on the front porch  they seem to be waiting for her.

"So how'd it go? Did it gone well?" Phoebe asked.

"Great, I guess," Cassandra answered unsured in her words, as she grab a chair and sat down and looked at them like she's about to sink herself into an abyss. They paused for a second. "So what happened?" Cassandra asked.

"Uhmm, what happened to what?" Harriet asked, rising her brow.

"Uhh, you know the 'go to my office misses'."

"Just peachy," Harriet replied, leaning her back to her seat and crossing her arms.

"That bad huh?"

"I mean it's not our fault, Avery, clearly started the fights and so what? Yeah, Avery's rich but that doesn't mean she can get away with it!"

"But that's exactly what just happened!" Phoebe pointed out.

The girls went silent, cooling downed their rage.

"So how did it go with you?" Penny asked Cassandra.

"Oh?, just that I'm getting a master to help me with my magic problem thats all," Cassandra replied.

"So it is a master-apprentice thing," Penny said, Cassandra nodded.

Some moments later, after the small talk the girls went inside and prepared for bed but Cassandra couldn't get her mind off about her training and her new master. What if he goes hard on me and I couldn't be able to catch his expectation and failed! I can't let that happened, I just can't!

                                     ******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208 28 20
Angie frowned, "I don't understand. What does any of this has to do with Harper?" I stood, tears were already streaming my face, "I'm the child in th...
4.3K 299 54
With the shake of a bell And a chant of a spell The innocent princess was made to forget it all Until she was to fall ...
50 26 25
You play games. She plays tricks. In the realm of games, where trickery abounds, a tale arises of a gifted assassin. Cassandra Roman Elizabeth Viper...
764K 33.1K 60
"Let them go, Dante." I whip my head to see a small boy standing the clearing with blonde hair and a green cloak hanging from shoulders. He isn't ve...