We choose our demons | a BNHA...

By Pixel102

An updated version of my other fic our demons When you have the ability to see dead people, it would be unner... More

The Phoenix's flame - 1
The Day - 2
They're out already!? - 3
S.C.C.R.E 0.7 - 4
Rebirth - 4.5
New You - 6
First Impressions - 7
New persona - 8
Incorrect quotes (you can skip!)

Maka - 5

12 2 1
By Pixel102

Maka's name is so frustrating with autocorrect. No, I am not meaning "Mama" I meant what I typed.

Also as I am writing this chapter, the story has 69 reads.
Nice

Comments about what I wrote? 😈
——————

After you had arrived home, Maka started to explore the house while dragging you, hand in hand, as to not be alone. When they saw something interesting, they would point to it as if to show you something that was just invented. It was like a kid who's in a museum for the first time or an aquarium.

However, the things he showed you were a bit odd.

The clocks, both digital and non digital.
The windows.
The wooden doors and only the wooden doors.
Basically the whole kitchen.
The couch. (Which honestly weirded you out the most. Like... did the kid only stand or..?)
Doorknobs.
Plush chairs. (And chairs I'm general. Again, did the kid only stand?)
Dolls (the patchies had let themselves be known and now a little dog was now Maka's new companion)
Etc.

It made you more than just concerned. You were frightened. The kid seemed to look at everything like it was an item only found in fantasy. Then again, they crawled out of the water an hour ago so who the hell knows what the kid has seen.

It wasn't long before your siblings came back home, so you wanted the kid to be prepared for that. "Let's get you something to eat." You led Maka to the kitchen to get at least something for them, but.. "kid.. you're gonna have to let me go.." they gurgled out some bubbles while staring at you blankly.

"This is gonna be a whole thing, huh?" They opened their and bubbles came out. "Right.. can't talk.. how are we gonna.." you looked at the clock. It was almost time for your siblings to get home. "Like.. five minutes until they get back... wait- FIVE MINUTES!? No time to eat!" You grabbed the kid and started to quickly hover up the stairs in a panic and ignoring the fact you're dragging them up the stars due to the heavy weight of the ball.

"They don't know about you yet! And if they do.."

"Aww! So cute!" "I'll dress you up like a little doll!" Pop! "Uh oh.. I popped 'em.. welp. Nothing a little stitching can't solve~!" "Now you really ARE a doll~ we should play a little game of dress up!"

"I can't let that happen!"

They looked at you with a small tilt of their head and a few bubbles before being plopped onto your bed. You start to pace back and forth for a bit.

"What am I supposed to do!? I have to stop them, no duh, but how..? Tell them nothing is wrong? That never works. What works!? Like, I love my siblings, I do, but I don't know if they can handle a smaller and definitely younger child that also definitely has some form of PTSD." You eyed the ball and chain. "I don't want anything bad to happen to you ever again, whatever it was doesn't matter. I want to make your life safer. More warm. More-"

The popping of bubbles interrupted your thoughts as Maka was looking out the window. "Right.. don't know what windows are.. What do you see, Maka?" They look at you with a big smile and look out again. A little monarch butterfly sat on the window sill. Maka blinked when it flapped its wings a bit.

"Ah, that's called a butterfly." They looked at you and blew out a bubble with the shape of a question mark. "They're little creatures called insects! A lot can fly. Actually a majority can.. this butterfly is called a monarch."

Monarchs symbolize hope.. Maka's name is short for Makalo which also means hope..

"You and that butterfly seem to share something. Hope." You look out the window at the butterfly. But it flew away due to a lot of noise. Familiar noise.. oh so familiar

"Ohhh button! We're home~!" "Could you be anymore loud? They can hear us just fine, remember?" A slight laugh came from one of them. "Oh yeah."

Noise

Shit.

You heard footsteps and the slight creaking of the stairs. Maka looked at the door curiously. "Welp.. they were gonna know anyway.. I'm sorry Maka.."

"Who..? Oh my stars." Silvia came walking in first and looked at Maka with little stars in her eyes. "A new sibling! And they..?" You shrug. "They're so cute!" She cups her own cheeks and trots in the room.

Nox walks in and just stares in astonishment. "Unholy-" Silvia looks back at them. "Do not say vulgar words in front of an impressionable child." "Right." Silvia went back to what she was doing and calmly sat herself next to Maka. "What your name little one?"

Pop!

"Oh.. what?" She had an awkward smile as she glanced over at you multiple times. "They seemed to have drowned so.. can't talk." She makes an "oh" shape with her mouth before reaching out slowly towards Maka. "I hope you aren't hurting.."

You wince. You remember the groaning and pained gasps. And it might've originally been from the water, but the way their skin was wrinkled akin to a raisin ...

"So.. the kid is dead?" You nod, trying to forget the images from earlier. "Had a feeling, kids got a chain. Pretty heavy one at that, eh?" Nox had a joking tone but wasn't smiling as they slowly walked up you all. "Kid stayin' with us?" You nod again. "Well then, I gotta get measurements and.." "..I need to learn the little jewels tastes. I never did catch their name?" She looked up at you will a soft smile.

"Maka." Maka grabs Silvia's hand and inspects it. "They don't know the most basic of things... and uh.. mom doesn't think they had a good life before death..." Nox gives you a "no shit" look. They shift their buttons over to Maka and stick one of their arms into their seams to grab something to measure Maka. "Silv'." Silvia nods and gets up from the bed and holds out the hand Maka has been looking at.

"Come on, little jewel. Let's help get you into something more.. comfortable." Maka follows and waves to you as they get led to Nox and Silvia's shared room.

With a sigh, you collapse onto your bed and whip your tail to the side. "Too much.. has happened in the past 24 hours.. and I'm not tired. Great." You sit up and look over to your desk and your sketchbook. "Could try and get some good ideas for my hero outfit.." You maneuver to your desk and pull out your notebook to jot down some ideas before you start sketching.

IDEAS FOR HERO OUTFIT

Quirk - Seer

What can I associate with it?

I feel like it's almost like those magicians with the rabbit in hat trick. Like "BOOM NOW YOU APPEAR now help me" type shit?

PocketMonster it's literally just PocketMonster

But I want something sturdy since all I can do is.. fly and have a tail. Yeah I can fuse with spirits but.. that gets annoying when trying to fight for control with someone random and it's hard to get used to.

(Stupid Nox and their hooves >:( )

Maybe I could be something classy? Almost like a magician. Butler? SHOWMAN

GIVE ME A CUTE BOWTIE AND TINY TOPHAT

Maybe a cane as a weapon? THAT CAN TURN INTO A SWORD??

Pocket sand

But instead of sand, they're hidden knives?

Still want random bags of sand though.

GLITTER

Colors..? A dark blue with white stripes and black accents? Yes. Mwah beautiful

And you know what? Villains will underestimate me because of my get up. Yes. But.. with this get up I think I should change my personality. Only with the suit on, like a alter ego of sorts?

You were giggling while writing. ( like a "hehehe >:)" type laugh?) You them settled on the idea and went online to find references. The long part.

You scrolled for so long for the perfect reference or even a good combination of images to use.
Nothing suited your tastes.

I want white stripes... wait

You searched up "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and looked at the main character, Jack. You hummed a bit and leaned back in your chair. "I want to change it up so that one side has the perpendicular stripes and the other side has more cross hatching. Maybe add a cute bow on the back? Can I maybe have the cane turn into an umbrella that acts as a shield? I mean, I will be out in the open and basically defenseless.."

You crossed out the sword idea and replaced it with the umbrella one. You also wrote down "maybe have a sharp end for the sword idea?" just in case.

Then you started sketching. And scrapping. Rinse and repeat. This process lasted thirty minutes.

But... during the period of time you were planning.

"Maybe we should get the kid to watch some TV?" Nox suggested to Silvia as Maka was playing with the little dog patchie. As they measured Maka, they found out that they were a he. So it was one mystery cleared, now for the rest.

Silvia hummed and clicked her nails on her shiny surface in thought. "That is how children develop interests.. we should dig up some of Y/N's old picture books from when they were a small little mineral." Nox nodded and left to the attic.

Meanwhile, Maka was playfully chasing the patchie. Silvia had quietly laughed at the sight. You had done the same, but with a bird patchie. You also chased your tail when it first grew to its long length. "It feels weird!" You would say with a pout.

Silvia lowered herself onto the floor and watched Maka play. She then took out a shard of glass and had it faced so she could see Maka through it. The shard then quickly turned a tarry black and shattered itself. The noise had made Maka panic.

Silvia quickly rushed towards him and desperately attempted to calm him down with the help of the patchie to no avail. He started to gasp and cry, bubbles spewing out of his mouth constantly and kept grasping at his throat in agony.

The tears faded before they could hit the ground.

The chain started to rattle and the ball was becoming bigger, heavier. "That's the cause of it. It's the main reason he can't breathe or maybe even talk." Silvia though as she pat Maka's hair in an attempt to soothe him like she did you.

But then a music box began. The chiming tune of "The London Bridge" echoed in the room. Maka's eyes darted towards Nox who was standing in the doorway with their arms out, inviting a hug.

Maka quickly took it and Nox became stiff yet picked him up, gave the picture books to Silvia, and slowly put them on Silvia's bed. The chiming notes clicking inside of Nox's chest. Almost like it was their heartbeat.

Maka had slowly drifted to sleep as the tune ended.

Both Silvia and Nox were silent for a moment, before Nox have an airy chuckle. "It's ironic, isn't it?" Silvia paused before pressing for an explanation. "What is?" "I'm helping a child." Nox gave a dry laugh at their own statement, as if it was crazy. Silvia put her hands on her hips, "Well, me and mom aren't going to do that forever as you laze about. Also, did you forget about Y/N?"

"That was mostly you two. I only hung out with them from time-to-time. I don't really think they think of me as a sibling. But," Nox turned around and walked towards their bed, "that wasn't what I was referring to.. why are you a demon, Silv'? Must've done something real troubling to end up as one."

"What does this have to do with children, Nox? Why are you bringing up my sins?" Silvia's voice was clearly nervous. She said her words too quickly.

"Why do think?" Nox snapped. "I shouldn't be around 'em, dead or not." Silvia glanced at the sleeping soul before looking back at Nox. "Why not, Nox. What did you do?"

"The patchies, Silv', what do you think they fucking represent?"

She thought for moment before answering, "children. But so what if they represent children–" "They are artificial remakes of the children that were slaughtered by my own hands!"

It was silent, other than Maka's quiet breathing. "I.. I remembered it.. what I did. All of what I did. I looked out for the best of the best, stalked them, manipulated them, lured them, slaughtered them, and used their parts to create dolls. No wonder I look like this! I'm a freak. I'm a constant reminder of what I did to them. I turned those poor innocent souls into amalgamations and- and mailed them- no- personally delivered them back to their families!" Nox sniffled, but no matter how hard they tried to, they couldn't make any tears.

"I'm not able to even cry. Because why should I? Why should I have the right to be regretful? Why should I have the right to mourn their loss? Why should I.. why should I... I...
I shouldn't be near the kid."

Nox looked at Silvia before storming out of the room quickly. "Noxie! Oh my.. oh no.. I.."

You heard Nox's footsteps quickly patter downstairs and look at the door in curiosity. "What happened..?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138K 6K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
79.3K 3.2K 35
I huge thanks to @Emonekochan26 for making the amazing cover! COMPLETED: MAY/29/20 Some triggering topics, and hints at sexual content! We all dream...
200K 7.9K 24
【 OLD VERSION 】 You can find the rewritten version through my profile :) ❝ Did you just grow a fucking cactus on my ass? ❞ ➪ ⁱⁿ ʷʰⁱᶜʰ ᵃ ᵍᵃᵐᵉʳ ᵍⁱʳˡ ᵐᵉ...
68.5K 1.8K 75
NOT A ONESHOT "This fanfiction sucks." - (Y/n) "And I took that personally." - ??? You are transported to the BNHA universe with the help of a strang...