🐾Cataclysm Curse🐾

By GothNebula

During after the events when Cat Noir was forced by Monarch to cataclysm him on the arm, it traumatized our p... More

Marinette's Help
Nightmare
Zombizhou
Injustice
Kitty's Princess
Therapist
Healing
Wax Statues again
Mr. Pigeon again
Expressing Life
Birth Remover
Neglected
Inner Sentimonster
Painful Truth
No Lies
Pain Reduced
Recovering
No Longer Cursed

Panic Attacks

571 14 33
By GothNebula

Similar like White Fear with Marinette going through a lot of trauma, this time it's Adrien/Cat Noir going through trauma and panic attacks of the night he was forced to cataclysm Monarch. He's never had so much fear in him of nearly killing a person.

This is a reference of how I experience my first panic attacks, high stress levels, and rapid palpitations back in 2018. It wasn't a very good feeling to have, especially waiting for palpitations to go away on its own for a week. 

Characters belong to (c) Zagtoon.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

During that night at the wax museum of confronting Monarch with the stolen miraculous, the heroes did manage to capture but failed to rescue the kwamis due to Monarch's suicidal attempt to force Cat Noir to cataclysm him and give him the chance to escape. No miraculous ladybugs to save Monarch from the cataclysm curse on his body. It traumatized the feline to be forced to live with that horrifying memory.

Every night it became an endless nightmare to the former model boy who barely stepped out of his room for a few days. It worried Nathalie but not Gabriel since he was too busy abusing the stolen kwamis to do as he said.

But now, it finally came to the day that Adrien did manage to come out of his room but he looked like crap with dark circles underneath his eyes and pale skin like he's seen a ghost. It worried Nathalie so much that he was in no condition to go to school but to see a doctor right now.

"I'm fine, Nathalie. It's not like my father cares how I am" Adrien said, still having rapid palpitations in his chest that haven't gone away for days. It was like he never experienced panic attacks and stress in his life until his body started to learn right now.

"No, you need to see a doctor at once," Nathalie said.

"You know what happens next, Nathalie. My father will fire you if he thinks I'm not well. He never brings me to the hospital or a doctor" Adrien said, trying to control his palpitations that are still under the side effects of stress.

"You're in no shape to be at school, I'll call for a doctor" Nathalie then dialed 112 to reach the hospital.

A while later, the doctor arrived to examine Adrien, listening to his heart and hearing his rapid heartbeat. It was no heart attack because heart attacks happen when the blood supply to a part of the heart is cut off due to a blockage in an artery. Palpitations are a feeling that the heart is beating very fast due to signs of panic attacks or anxiety.

"It's not a heart attack, ma'am. Nothing serious. Just palpitations caused by anxiety. I suggest he stays away from caffeine but be aware of his weight loss. Stress levels can disrupt his appetite" The doctor said to Nathalie.

"Very well" Nathalie replied.

"Understood doctor" Adrien puts his shirt back on.

"Where is his father?" The doctor asked.

"I'm sorry sir but he's busy with work. Is there something I can do to help Adrien?" Nathalie asked.

The doctor always knew Gabriel could be a difficult man to please, everyone knows that because he barely ever comes out of the mansion.

"I suggest a therapist or a friend he can trust to reduce anxiety levels. Someone who can understand him more and help him fight his stress levels before it consumes him. Palpitations are not severe but it can lead to chest pains" The doctor said.

"How about a friend of mine?" Adrien suggested

"Very well. Do you have a doctor's note so I can inform my boss?" Nathalie said.

"Yes, Of course," The doctor said and wrote a note to her, "That boss of yours is very intimidating. Make sure he understands that his son needs a real true friend to comfort him. This is very serious" The doctor said.

"Of course," Nathalie said and went to inform Gabriel while Adrien sat in his room. The doctor also left the room to leave the mansion to head back to his place.

"Kid, this is bad. You're gonna melt into nacho cheese. What are you gonna tell your lady?" Plagg asked.

"I'll tell her I have to clear my head for some time," Adrien said.

"No way I'm letting my poor kitten out there! Your nine lives are at stake now!" Plagg said.

"What choice do I have?" Adrien asked.

"Give her a phone call chat," Plagg said.

"Fine, since I'm already suffering a lot from that incident at the wax museum. Plagg, claws out" He transformed and got in the covers, opening his staff phone to call Ladybug.

-

Ladybug was pacing back and forth, waiting for her kitty that hadn't shown up for an hour.

Suddenly her phone buzzed and she answered, "Hi Kitty. Where are you?" Ladybug asked him.

"Ladybug, I just wanted to say that I need a little break after the incident at the museum. So I need some time for myself" Cat Noir started.

"Please Don't tell me this trauma got into you now!" Ladybug facepalmed.

"It's been 2 weeks, milady. He hasn't shown his ugly face nor akumatized anyone. Maybe my cataclysm got him sick" Cat Noir shuddered.

"Kitty, he could be up to something. I don't like this at all. Especially from our favorite bad puppy for what he did to betray all of us" Ladybug still angry at Felix for betraying her.

"I'm just worried he might turn into ash soon. But I swear I will get back at Felix" Cat Noir said.

"And to make sure he's on a dog leash to get choked to death," Ladybug said angrily.

"Chill, bugaboo. As much as we are both pissed, I would like to have a dog and cat fight too but we are superheroes, not Batman and Batgirl style" Cat Noir said.

"Sorry, it's just I should've offered your help instead of that imposter. But I didn't" Ladybug sighed.

"We all make mistakes, Bugaboo. But Monarch made the biggest by using my own weapon on himself than face justice" Car Noir said.

"My mistake was more chaotic than Plagg's destruction with Atlantis and the dinosaurs, kitty," Ladybug said.

"What's worse he can't cure himself without a lucky charm. Who knows what the snake miraculous can do" Cat Noir didn't know it could accelerate the decay.

"For a coward who can't even fight teenagers. Are you sure you're emotionally sick, kitty? If there's an Akuma, I seriously need your help" Ladybug asked but then Cat Noir switched to FaceTime mode to talk to her.

"Milady, I can't fight in this trauma state. We were both there when he got away. You saw what happened. If he ever shows up again, take all the miraculous one by one. Never stand there and talk about how we captured him. It would only give him long enough to use a second chance or wind dragon to escape" Cat Noir said, revealing that he was in bed.

"Understood Kitty," Ladybug said.

"Right now, I'm just not myself for weeks. And neither are you too" Cat Noir said.

"You're right. Take good care, my partner" Ladybug said.

"You too. The next time there's an Akuma like Chameleon or any mimic ones, we are gonna need a secret codeword to tell one another" Cat Noir said.

"Like saying Marco Polo? Nah, I'll say Sun and you flower" Ladybug said.

"We'll come up with something, milady. We both need to rest now. As your second-in-command, that's an order" Cat Noir hangs up.

"Good luck Kitty" Ladybug swung back home.

Cat Noir sighs and detransformed back, feeling his palpitations coming back since he's in a lot of panic attacks.

"Adrien! Adrien!" Plagg saw him breathe quickly.

"I'm not dead, Plagg. I'm just....traumatized" Adrien groans from his ongoing palpitations that won't stop on it's own.

-

Nathalie informed Gabriel that Adrien is gonna need a trusted friend to be by his side. Unfortunately, Gabriel refuses since he will always see his son's friends as bad influences.

"Enough of your blinded nonsense, Gabriel! Your son is having panic attacks! Doctor's orders! You weren't there for him when he needed you! Your madness is putting all of us in danger!" Nathalie said.

"That is why I need the miraculous to bring his mother back! I'm not giving up until I make that wish to fix everything!" Gabriel refused.

"And what? Create more disasters again like I'm suffering the same fate as her and now the cataclysm is on your body?! No, Gabriel! Your madness has caused more harm than doing what's right! I'm going to have Adrien have a friend over. I don't care what you think but if Adrien doesn't have a friend to comfort him, he'll die like a human than a sentimonster!" Nathalie said.

"Fine, invite his friend over" Gabriel gave up.

"And do not take advantage of him by your Akuma. Remember the last time with Reflekta? She was consumed with guilt. Adrien is now consumed with anxiety and panic attacks. Do not take advantage of his condition" Nathalie said, knowing that he would not take her word for it like always.

She really hated him now for not trying so hard to listen to advice, especially failing to go back in time to save Emilie from getting g sick but instead, he chose his obsession over it. She cannot ever forgive herself for failing Emilie and also failing to keep Adrien safe.

"If you toy with his feelings again, you'll no longer have custody of him!" She pointed at him, "He's already suffering a lot because of you! Putting him in danger, lying, skipping meals with him, and barely showing support for him" Nathalie left the crypt.

-

With Adrien, he tried to keep his mind off watching TV. The trauma of the image flashing in his mind was just very scary for him to become a murderer. He never kills anyone.

"HRGH! No!" He clutched his head.

"Kid, breathe. You're gonna have to tell your pigtailed girlfriend about why you haven't shown up at school for like a week" Plagg said.

"Alright" Adrien then dials Marinette, "Hi Marinette"

"Hi, Adrien. How are you doing? Everyone's saying you're sick" Marinette said.

"Somewhat yes but more like having panic attacks which resulted in a lot of stress levels. I don't know why" Adrien said.

"Panic attacks? What?! Did you experience an assassination attempt?!" Marinette freaked out.

"No! No! Nothing like that. I guess my body has been experiencing a lot of stress, that's all. I just didn't wanna worry you but now I am worrying you" Adrien said.

"You want me to come over?" Marinette asked.

"Yes, please. I could use some comfort" Adrien said.

"But your father is not easy to get past. What if you come over? My parents are deeply worried about you too" Marinette said.

"Okay. At least Nathalie approves" Adrien said.

"Is it your father giving you a hard time again? Especially with the Alliance avatars of you that make you uncomfortable?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah, I'm really starting to despise him," Adrien said.

"I'm sorry, Adrien" Marinette apologized.

"It's alright, I'll try to come over as soon as possible," Adrien said.

"Please come. I'm really worried about you" Marinette said.

"I'll get some of my stuff first. See you soon" Adrien began to pack his things.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 19.9K 41
When Marinette gets hit by a car while crossing the street on her way to school, she ends up losing all of her memories of who she was - including La...
2.7K 37 7
Marinette has been hated, disgusted by, and isolated from her very own "friends". Finally, she falls to one of Hawk Moth's akumas. Although she's q...
4.3K 88 19
Cat Noir is now the prince of thieves in Paris, he made a vow to never use cataclysm ever again due to the incident. Ladybug doesn't know what change...
977 32 3
Adrien notices that Marinette has been on edge and exhausted lately. Knowing Marinette was scared of his civilian form, he decides to check in on her...